PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Morey: "Please fire me."

Shogon
10-22-2021, 09:24 AM
https://twitter.com/DerekBodnerNBA/status/1451288448875343872

Morey on his timeline: "You're going to think I'm kidding, I'm not. This could (go on for) 4 years. ... We're in the prime of Joel's career...Either Ben Simmons is playing for us, or we have to get back a difference maker."

If Morey is being honest (he isn't) then he has to know he'll get fired long before then, right? lol.

If the trade deadline passes with Simmons still on the roster he should be fired asap. But I've got to believe he's bluffing.

FultzNationRISE
10-22-2021, 09:28 AM
I dont see why they dont just fire Doc. Isnt he the reason Simmons is pissed? It’s not like Doc is a big difference maker himself. At least not in a good way.

Just get a new coach. Bring in Stan Van or someone.

Shogon
10-22-2021, 09:29 AM
I dont see why they dont just fire Doc. Isnt he the reason Simmons is pissed? It’s not like Doc is a big difference maker himself. At least not in a good way.

Just get a new coach. Bring in Stan Van or someone.

If I'm the Sixers, I'm firing Doc, I'm firing Elton, I'm firing Morey and I'm trading Simmons.

Simmons and Embiid likely aren't getting their relationship repaired.

Derka
10-22-2021, 09:30 AM
Ben Simmons is not a difference maker, so his thinking he should be getting one in return is more than a little bit insane.

Jasper
10-22-2021, 09:49 AM
Ben Simmons is not a difference maker, so his thinking he should be getting one in return is more than a little bit insane.

if I was the 6'ers ... I would get 3 very good role players , and 2-3 expiring contracts to work on 2022 off season.
Simmons is toast , and unless a new coach can convince him and go to a shrink - Who ever gets him will always be carrying damaged goods.
6'ers can get something done , but they have to be smarter than what Morey is signifying.

fourkicks44
10-22-2021, 09:50 AM
Daryl inherited this Colangelo produced shit show.

The blame can only go so far.

Simmons was an ass and an issue before he got there.

This situation hasn't gone well anyway you look at it

beasted
10-22-2021, 09:54 AM
Daryl inherited this Colangelo produced shit show.

The blame can only go so far.

Simmons was an ass and an issue before he got there.

This situation hasn't gone well anyway you look at it

This.

Morey has been stubborn as a mule, and delusional with these "CJ and 3 FRPs + 3 FRP swaps for Simmons" offers, but you can't fully place the blame squarely on him. He inherited the problems with Simmons.

Gohan
10-22-2021, 02:22 PM
How about simmons for klay