PDA

View Full Version : Dame Lillard was crying about not making the All-Star team a few seasons ago ...

L.Kizzle
10-24-2021, 12:19 AM
... now he's a Top 75 Player of All-Time.

I am a Dame Dolla fan no doubt, but I still find it ridiculous that he made the 75th Anniversary. Literally no one even had him on mock Top 75 Players list all of those website were doing leading up to the official list.

He's really the most shocking player of the entire list.

Dwight Howard
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Grant Hill
Chris Mullin
Bernard King
Alex English
Adrian Dantley

I'm taking all those players over Dame and probably some more.

1987_Lakers
10-24-2021, 12:25 AM

I am a Dame Dolla fan no doubt, but I still find it ridiculous that he made the 75th Anniversary. Literally no one even had him on mock Top 75 Players list all of those website were doing leading up to the official list.

Dwight Howard
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Grant Hill
Chris Mullin
Bernard King
Alex English
Adrian Dantley

Meh, I understand not putting him in because he is only in his 10th season, but I really don't have an issue with him being in over guys like English, King, Hill, Carter Mullin, & King, by the time Lillard retires there is a good chance he will be above all those guys by a sizable margin.

L.Kizzle
10-24-2021, 04:02 AM
Meh, I understand not putting him in because he is only in his 10th season, but I really don't have an issue with him being in over guys like English, King, Hill, Carter Mullin, & King, by the time Lillard retires there is a good chance he will be above all those guys by a sizable margin.
True. But like literally NO ONE would have batted and eye with him not on the list. He was on no ones radars. Well, I guess he was on the voters committee radar, lol. Someone like Dame, could wait for next go around. Alex English is not making the top 100 list in 25 years. Dame would have.

Hell, Alex English was the leading scorer of the entire 1980s decade. The so called peak of the NBA. Not Bird, or Kareem or Jordan or Dominique. English scored over 23,000 in that decade alone.

SouBeachTalents
10-24-2021, 04:21 AM
True. But like literally NO ONE would have batted and eye with him not on the list. He was on no ones radars. Well, I guess he was on the voters committee radar, lol. Someone like Dame, could wait for next go around. Alex English is not making the top 100 list in 25 years. Dame would have.

Hell, Alex English was the leading scorer of the entire 1980s decade. The so called peak of the NBA. Not Bird, or Kareem or Jordan or Dominique. English scored over 23,000 in that decade alone.
Well, as long as we have to pretend guys like Sharman and DeBusschere are still top 75/100 players, lots of eligible players are going to be left off. The fact is the list will never be truly legitimate until they do the correct thing and bump off players who are clearly no longer deserving.

L.Kizzle
10-24-2021, 04:33 AM
Well, as long as we have to pretend guys like Sharman and DeBusschere are still top 75/100 players, lots of eligible players are going to be left off. The fact is the list will never be truly legitimate until they do the correct thing and bump off players who are clearly no longer deserving.
The voting process was everywhere. They should have set some boundaries and rules.

There were people voting for just recent players and not even looking at the past players.
I would like to see the votes. I guarantee someone like a Bob Lanier or Artist Gilmore didn't get many votes. Evidence as only one player drafted in the 70s or before made the new list.
So, IMO the voter's who did vote for say a Adrian Dantley and other guys were just wasting votes.

SouBeachTalents
10-24-2021, 04:40 AM
The voting process was everywhere. They should have set some boundaries and rules.

There were people voting for just recent players and not even looking at the past players.
I would like to see the votes. I guarantee someone like a Bob Lanier or Artist Gilmore didn't get many votes. Evidence as only one player drafted in the 70s or before made the new list.
So, IMO the voter's who did vote for say a Adrian Dantley and other guys were just wasting votes.
Personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with making a brand new list every 25 years. If players who were in previous rankings get bumped off, so be it. I'd rather have an accurate ranking than lie just so a handful of players feelings don't get hurt :lol

L.Kizzle
10-24-2021, 04:53 AM
Personally, I see absolutely nothing wrong with making a brand new list every 25 years. If players who were in previous rankings get bumped off, so be it. I'd rather have an accurate ranking than lie just so a handful of players feelings don't get hurt :lol
I don't agree with kicking anyone out. But just set boundaries. I you missed the 50th list and 75th list, you shouldn't get a chance to keep making a list. Imagine Bernard King missing the 50th and 75th list but somehow gets voted into the NBA 100th list in 1946. Don't add up lol. Meanwhile a guy who didn't get a chance an 50th or 75th (because he wasn't playing yet) misses out now because voters felt the obligation to get BK in.

Vragrant
10-24-2021, 05:52 PM
I’ve even saying for a while Dane is one of the most overrated players in the league, now I can say he’s one of the most overrated players in NBA history.

fsvr54
10-24-2021, 06:59 PM

Better than Grant Hill? Lmao

What does he do better than any of those other than shoot 3s?

Kobe_Bryant
10-24-2021, 07:31 PM
I mean skill wise lillard is top 20 all time but this should be about careers/impact on the game

vince and tmac had 5 times the impact on the games history

dwight had 5 times the career

he shouldn't be there ahead of those guys

he shouldn't even be ahead of Tony Parker and Manu ginobili

k0kakw0rld
10-24-2021, 10:21 PM

Dwight Howard
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Grant Hill
Chris Mullin
Bernard King
Alex English
Adrian Dantley

Tracy Mcgrady, Grant Hill did not do anything better despite having a height advantage over him. Vince, the same. None of them led a team to a conference final as the main man, but Dame did.

L.Kizzle
10-24-2021, 10:35 PM
Tracy Mcgrady, Grant Hill did not do anything better despite having a height advantage over him. Vince, the same. None of them led a team to a conference final as the main man, but Dame did.
Is that your reason to having him over them?

k0kakw0rld
10-24-2021, 10:43 PM
Is that your reason to having him over them?
https://zupimages.net/up/21/43/wkaf.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/43/wkaf.jpg)

Is this one a better reason for you?

k0kakw0rld
10-24-2021, 10:46 PM
https://zupimages.net/up/21/43/4h7t.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/43/4h7t.jpg)

L.Kizzle
10-24-2021, 11:20 PM
https://zupimages.net/up/21/43/wkaf.jpg (https://zupimages.net/viewer.php?id=21/43/wkaf.jpg)

Is this one a better reason for you?
Not really. Might as well delete half of the Top 75 and put Dame in the top 30 if that's the case.

With that said, the voting was everywhere though. No structure. I've heard from some of the voters.

One voter left the original top 50 in out of respect. Another said he took out at least 5 of the players (mentioned Parish, Dave Bing and Dave DeBusschere.) But then he also voted for Bernad King.
Both voters said they voted for McGrady and VC. One voted for Dame the other did not.

k0kakw0rld
10-24-2021, 11:35 PM
Not really. Might as well delete half of the Top 75 and put Dame in the top 30 if that's the case.

With that said, the voting was everywhere though. No structure. I've heard from some of the voters.

One voter left the original top 50 in out of respect. Another said he took out at least 5 of the players (mentioned Parish, Dave Bing and Dave DeBusschere.) But then he also voted for Bernad King.
Both voters said they voted for McGrady and VC. One voted for Dame the other did not.
T-Mac, Grant Hill, VC all have no business being on that list over Dame.

VC played
First off T-Mac played with both VC and Grant Hill and did not accomplish what Dame has accomplished with less.
VC had also played next to Jason Kidd and did not win anything. Why do you value them so much? Because of short peak, but superior athleticism? It makes no sense.
Dame's best player since he started in the NBA was LaMarcus Aldridge. I think we are done here.

L.Kizzle
10-24-2021, 11:48 PM
T-Mac, Grant Hill, VC all have no business being on that list over Dame.

VC played
First off T-Mac played with both VC and Grant Hill and did not accomplish what Dame has accomplished with less.
VC had also played next to Jason Kidd and did not win anything. Why do you value them so much? Because of short peak, but superior athleticism? It makes no sense.
Dame's best player since he started in the NBA was LaMarcus Aldridge. I think we are done here.
My first sentence in the OP, was I like Dame. But Dame is definitely not over McGrady or Hill. You can make a case over Vince. But he has no case over the others. Stop it. Those guys at their peaks were top 4-5 players in the league for years. Battling out for the best at their position.
I witnessed all of these guys primes. Dame was not talked about as some out of this world talent like those guys were. Injures and other things stopped their run. And once again I like Dame.
If I had a 3 votes and it was down to those 4 players. DAME is getting left off.
And are you knocking LaMarcus Aldridge? He's like a 7 time All Star and five time All NBA member. Unless I'm reading it wrong.

dankok8
10-25-2021, 12:59 PM
I agree with the OP. Lillard was a questionable choice although I find Lenny Wilkens and Rodman even stranger.

My list has those three guys replaced by T-Mac, Vince and Dwight.

Mask the Embiid
10-25-2021, 01:04 PM

Dwight Howard
Vince Carter
Tracy McGrady
Grant Hill
Chris Mullin
Bernard King
Alex English
Adrian Dantley

well youre an idiot then. Who has tmac knocked out of the playoffs? Dont worry ill wait.

Dame knocked out Harden
Dame knocked out Jokic
Dame knocked out Dwight
Dame knocked out Westbrook
Dame knocked out PG13

Dame made all nba 1st team with Rockets harden, Triple Double Westbrook, Peak Steph, and Kyrie in the league.....

This isnt top 75 peaks..... Im not about to take 40 mins out of my day defending dame's legacy so ill just destroy one player on "your list" i could do it to all of them if i cared enough

dankok8
10-25-2021, 01:05 PM
By the way T-Mac's playoff stats in his best 8-year stretch easily beat Lillard's and he was a much better defender too.

2001-2008 T-Mac: 29.5/6.9/6.5 on 51.9 %TS (-0.9 rTS) with 3.2 to
2014-2021 Lillard: 25.8/4.5/6.2 on 56.1 %TS (+0.8 rTS) with 3.1 to

Toizumi
10-25-2021, 03:15 PM
I'm a Blazers fan and will always root for Dame, whether he stays with the Blazers or not. However, there are quite a few players I have ahead of him on the 75 list. He's a 6 time all-star and 6 time all NBA, with limited team success.
Compare that to Dwight Howard, who is an 8 time all-star, 8 time all-NBA, 5 time all-defense, 3 time DPOY, best player on a finals team and who won a ring late in his career as a bench player. Not sure how anyone can make an argument for Lillard over Howard all-time..

k0kakw0rld
10-25-2021, 05:35 PM
By the way T-Mac's playoff stats in his best 8-year stretch easily beat Lillard's and he was a much better defender too.

2001-2008 T-Mac: 29.5/6.9/6.5 on 51.9 %TS (-0.9 rTS) with 3.2 to
2014-2021 Lillard: 25.8/4.5/6.2 on 56.1 %TS (+0.8 rTS) with 3.1 to
It's easy to have high numbers when you never made it past the first round, despite being one of the best scorers of your generation.
You are trying to convince a jury that a guy who never made it to the second round and when his team did, he was not an active player on the roster.
So again, T-Mac has no business on that list.

L.Kizzle
10-25-2021, 06:29 PM
It's easy to have high numbers when you never made it past the first round, despite being one of the best scorers of your generation.
You are trying to convince a jury that a guy who never made it to the second round and when his team did, he was not an active player on the roster.
Baron Davis and Deron Williams also beat McGrady is playoffs series. What does that even mean.
McGrady is a first ballot Hall of Famer and those guys won't sniff the Hall unless they purchase a ticket.

ArbitraryWater
10-25-2021, 08:20 PM
Sorry, taking Dame.

dankok8
10-26-2021, 12:20 AM

T-Mac was one of the best players in the league in his prime. He didn't make the 2nd round because the second best players on his teams were guys like Pat Garrity. He later had Yao Ming as his running mate but they were almost never healthy.

Spurs m8
10-26-2021, 01:00 AM
This guy is pretty annoying.

That all star sook years ago was cringe.

And it's like he's always pouting.

GimmeThat
10-26-2021, 02:11 AM
well, Lowry has a ring, and one could make the argument that he's on the border-line

clipps
10-26-2021, 05:44 AM
Lillard is really overrated.:cry:

BigTicket
10-26-2021, 06:25 AM
Out of the 76 players chosen, does anyone seriously think Lillard is the worst ?

I get that he is not the most accomplished player on the list, but the voters clearly gave him some credit for still having years left to add to his resume, and there are others on the list with fewer allstar/all-nba selections than him.

Shogon
10-26-2021, 07:43 AM
Anyone who thinks that Lillard is better than McGrady is either a brain dead retard or they're a child that never watched McGrady play.

lol.

The top 75 list is bullshit and subject to human error, as these things always, always are.

L.Kizzle
10-26-2021, 07:58 AM
Out of the 76 players chosen, does anyone seriously think Lillard is the worst ?

I get that he is not the most accomplished player on the list, but the voters clearly gave him some credit for still having years left to add to his resume, and there are others on the list with fewer allstar/all-nba selections than him.
Not counting the original 50 because we know they were not removing any of them.
But of the 25 (or 26 which is still ridiculous to me, have a run off) he is probably the least deserving. Probably down to him or the Anthony brothers (Carmelo and Davis.) You can make a case for Rodman being the worst here as well.

Phoenix
10-26-2021, 08:11 AM
Not counting the original 50 because we know they were not removing any of them.
But of the 25 (or 26 which is still ridiculous to me, have a run off) he is probably the least deserving. Probably down to him or the Anthony brothers (Carmelo and Davis.) You can make a case for Rodman being the worst here as well.

All those names you mention should be on the top 75. The issue is that in 2021, guys like Lenny Wilkins and Dolph Schayes probably shouldn't be. Robert Parish as a top 50 player in 1997? Sure. Top 75 in 2021 if it means leaving off Dwight Howard who was simply a higher impact and more decorated player? Granted that's only a couple of spots, but some of the older players have been passed in the past few decades but their legacies aren't going to be spat on by removing them from the list. So here we are.

L.Kizzle
10-26-2021, 08:55 AM
All those names you mention should be on the top 75. The issue is that in 2021, guys like Lenny Wilkins and Dolph Schayes probably shouldn't be. Robert Parish as a top 50 player in 1997? Sure. Top 75 in 2021 if it means leaving off Dwight Howard who was simply a higher impact and more decorated player? Granted that's only a couple of spots, but some of the older players have been passed in the past few decades but their legacies aren't going to be spat on by removing them from the list. So here we are.
Why Dolph Schayes tho. He's probably the 2nd or 3rd most decorated 50s player. He was still all star in 1962 after being All-NBA in the 1940s. The 100 point Wilt season, Oscar triple double, Elgin 61 in Finals. He should def be here.

Phoenix
10-26-2021, 09:19 AM
Why Dolph Schayes tho. He's probably the 2nd or 3rd most decorated 50s player. He was still all star in 1962 after being All-NBA in the 1940s. The 100 point Wilt season, Oscar triple double, Elgin 61 in Finals. He should def be here.

All these numbers and awards require some level of context but if you were doing a top 75 list for the first time, are you taking him over Dwight Howard? Frankly, some of the achievements and numbers in the 60s are so out in left field that you can't properly measure them against a player in 1990, let alone 2020. So what do we do here? Because there have been several different versions of basketball at the NBA level and at a certain point, these kinds of comparisons between a player from 1950 and one 50 years later is impractical.

L.Kizzle
10-26-2021, 09:31 AM
All these numbers and awards require some level of context but if you were doing a top 75 list for the first time, are you taking him over Dwight Howard? Frankly, some of the achievements and numbers in the 60s are so out in left field that you can't properly measure them against a player in 1990, let alone 2020. So what do we do here? Because there have been several different versions of basketball at the NBA level and at a certain point, these kinds of comparisons between a player from 1950 and one 50 years later is impractical.
You have to take in one they did vs their competition. Dolph was the best player on a championship team so you have to factor that in.
If you want to take guys like Lenny Wilkens and Bob Sharman of sure, but not a Dolph Schayes.

Phoenix
10-26-2021, 09:36 AM
You have to take in one they did vs their competition. Dolph was the best player on a championship team so you have to factor that in.
If you want to take guys like Lenny Wilkens and Bob Sharman of sure, but not a Dolph Schayes.

Ok you seem gung ho on him and I'm not going to strongly contest his credentials for being a legit inclusion, but you get my overall point.