PDA

View Full Version : Evan Mobley is already a special player

SaintzFury13
10-24-2021, 04:53 PM
In three games, we have already seen the following from this rookie:

-He has demonstrated that he has a high basketball IQ
-Has unbelievable footwork to the point where Trae Young (yes, Trae Young) struggled to get past him on the perimeter and has little issues getting past defenders on offense
-Has incredible defensive instincts and has had such a great impact on that end to the point where the idea of him making the all defensive team this year isn't an outrageous statement to make
-Despite his slim body, he hasn't been afraid to battle downlow and just had his first double double
-He's patient with his shot selections and isn't forcing anything
-He does a great job of not fouling
-He's an unselfish player and is willing to play within the system and find others for open looks
-He has a legitimate positive impact on the Cavaliers team as a whole when he is out on the floor to the point where they are actively getting killed when he's on the bench

Obviously he's not a top 10 player in the league yet. But for a rookie to already be doing the things he is doing right now is simply insane. He is without question the best draft prospect the Cavaliers have had since LeBron, and I'm starting to wonder if the Rockets are kicking themselves for choosing not to go after him when that was their original plan (even though it's way too early in that regard and I personally think Green will be a special player in this league as well). Obviously there are still very obvious weaknesses to his game. He's still making very basic mistakes which will go away with time. He needs to improve on being able to handle shooting through contact downlow. His positioning for rebounds needs work as well. And most importantly, he REALLY needs to build up muscle. He can get away with it for right now, but if he continues to play with the skinny frame he has, his potential will be limited and he could also face major injury issues down the road. But these are all things that will get better with time.

Cavaliers fans have every reason to be excited. What a steal this turned out to be.

Full Court
10-24-2021, 06:22 PM
In three games, we have already seen the following from this rookie:

-He has demonstrated that he has a high basketball IQ
-Has unbelievable footwork to the point where Trae Young (yes, Trae Young) struggled to get past him on the perimeter and has little issues getting past defenders on offense
-Has incredible defensive instincts and has had such a great impact on that end to the point where the idea of him making the all defensive team this year isn't an outrageous statement to make
-Despite his slim body, he hasn't been afraid to battle downlow and just had his first double double
-He's patient with his shot selections and isn't forcing anything
-He does a great job of not fouling
-He's an unselfish player and is willing to play within the system and find others for open looks
-He has a legitimate positive impact on the Cavaliers team as a whole when he is out on the floor to the point where they are actively getting killed when he's on the bench

Obviously he's not a top 10 player in the league yet. But for a rookie to already be doing the things he is doing right now is simply insane. He is without question the best draft prospect the Cavaliers have had since LeBron, and I'm starting to wonder if the Rockets are kicking themselves for choosing not to go after him when that was their original plan (even though it's way too early in that regard and I personally think Green will be a special player in this league as well). Obviously there are still very obvious weaknesses to his game. He's still making very basic mistakes which will go away with time. He needs to improve on being able to handle shooting through contact downlow. His positioning for rebounds needs work as well. And most importantly, he REALLY needs to build up muscle. He can get away with it for right now, but if he continues to play with the skinny frame he has, his potential will be limited and he could also face major injury issues down the road. But these are all things that will get better with time.

Cavaliers fans have every reason to be excited. What a steal this turned out to be.

For sure. He's one of the top prospects this year.

eliteballer
10-26-2021, 11:58 AM
Haven’t really watched him but he’s getting numbers.

fsvr54
10-26-2021, 01:51 PM
I was surprised how good he looked against my Hawks.

ShawkFactory
10-26-2021, 02:51 PM
Yea he’s really good.

Could maybe stand to be a bit more assertive on offense but I won’t really knock him on that for now.

pandiani17
10-26-2021, 02:56 PM
Is he somehow related to the great Cuttino Mobley?

Dbrog
10-26-2021, 03:54 PM
Pretty poor offball defense from what I've seen, though that's expected since he's still learning the professional game. His onball looks good with potential of elite. Scoring looks like a poormans Ayton

Airupthere
10-26-2021, 04:03 PM
Needs to be more explosive

eliteballer
10-26-2021, 09:07 PM
Pretty poor offball defense from what I've seen, though that's expected since he's still learning the professional game. His onball looks good with potential of elite. Scoring looks like a poormans Ayton

He's leading the league in contested shots:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVgltGdPvuy/