PDA

View Full Version : Is Lamarcus Aldridge a HOF player?

dankok8
10-26-2021, 12:08 PM
7x time all-star, 5x All-NBA, and averaged 21/9 for nine years.

RRR3
10-26-2021, 12:08 PM
If you’re familiar with the HOF’s standards the answer should be obvious.

SouBeachTalents
10-26-2021, 01:47 PM
He might get in due to how ridiculously low the basketball HOF standards are, but imo he shouldn't be. He was maybe fringe top 10 for 1 or 2 seasons, and (for now) has only made it past the 2nd round once in in 16 seasons. Personally, I wish they'd up their standards and qualifications. Other leagues like the NFL & MLB are very difficult to make, basketball is legitimately just the hall of pretty good. If you made a few all-star games and have good longevity you're capable of making it.

On a side note though, it is pretty crazy Aldridge & Blake have 5 All-NBA Teams. They were both nice players, but it's literally 5x the amount of guys like Brand, Love, Bosh, and even McHale got. Goes to show the PF competition was pretty weak in that era.

8Ball
10-26-2021, 01:48 PM
He should not be.

Did not accomplish anything in the playoffs.

Kobe_Bryant
10-26-2021, 01:57 PM
He should not be.

Did not accomplish anything in the playoffs.

I don't think winning means much for guys in the 2010s. you had to collude a big 3 to get anything done cause of lebron and Durant. no shame in being a loser during a loser era

RRR3
10-26-2021, 02:04 PM
He might get in due to how ridiculously low the basketball HOF standards are, but imo he shouldn't be. He was maybe fringe top 10 for 1 or 2 seasons, and (for now) has only made it past the 2nd round once in in 16 seasons. Personally, I wish they'd up their standards and qualifications. Other leagues like the NFL & MLB are very difficult to make, basketball is legitimately just the hall of pretty good. If you made a few all-star games and have good longevity you're capable of making it.

On a side note though, it is pretty crazy Aldridge & Blake have 5 All-NBA Teams. They were both nice players, but it's literally 5x the amount of guys like Brand, Love, Bosh, and even McHale got. Goes to show the PF competition was pretty weak in that era.
There’s no “might”. He’s a lock. Won’t be first ballot and might take a while but I promise you he’ll make it. Whether he should be in or not is irrelevant.

SouBeachTalents
10-26-2021, 02:08 PM
There’s no “might”. He’s a lock. Won’t be first ballot and might take a while but I promise you he’ll make it. Whether he should be in or not is irrelevant.
He's only at 51% for HOF prob at 36 years old, so even if you're right calling him a lock seems kind of ridiculous imo

RRR3
10-26-2021, 02:17 PM
He's only at 51% for HOF prob at 36 years old, so even if you're right calling him a lock seems kind of ridiculous imo
Why would you go by b-ref? Their system is pretty flawed. It had Chris Webber at 14.6%. But their old system had him at like 75%.

Kobe_Bryant
10-26-2021, 02:18 PM

7 time allstar. 5 time all nba. near 20/10 career average. long career. well known name. connected to popovich

hes a lock

Proctor
10-26-2021, 02:22 PM
He's a lock, like it or not...there are worse players in.

RRR3
10-26-2021, 02:25 PM
Lol finally someone else who pays attention to who gets voted in.

baudkarma
10-26-2021, 03:23 PM
He's borderline. Decent stats, but the midrange game doesn't really excite people... at least not like rim-rattling dunks or splashing 3-pointers. Not much postseason success, never competed in international events. He'll need a down year with not a whole lot of other viable candidates.

L.Kizzle
10-26-2021, 03:28 PM
Why do people act like Basketball Hall is so easy to make. It's not like Vin Baker and Kenny Anderson are here.
Kevin Johnson is not even in.

L.Kizzle
10-26-2021, 03:33 PM
Who's worse. Maybe the recent Jack Sikma vote

SouBeachTalents
10-26-2021, 03:33 PM
Why do people act like Basketball Hall is so easy to make. It's not like Vin Baker and Kenny Anderson are here.
Kevin Johnson is not even in.
Compared to the other sports? It's literally not even close. NFL & MLB have significantly tougher standards. Way too many guys who were never even top 10 players in the league make the HOF.

bizil
10-26-2021, 03:37 PM
I don't view him as a 1st ballot HOF type of star. IF he won a ring or two along the way to pad his resume in his prime, those things can help. But HELL Bosh was an 11 time All Star with two rings. And didn't make 1st ballot. For me, Bosh prime for prime was better than LMA. And Bosh should have been 1st ballot.

LMA was more of a Hall of VERY GOOD type. To be frank, I could see him getting in down the road. But I wouldn't put him in on a 1st ballot.

tanibanana
10-26-2021, 03:43 PM
He will be, he should be.
This is not the 75 greatest, this is just HOF.

L.Kizzle
10-26-2021, 03:54 PM
Compared to the other sports? It's literally not even close. NFL & MLB have significantly tougher standards. Way too many guys who were never even top 10 players in the league make the HOF.
How many tho?

Proctor
10-26-2021, 04:17 PM
A player with that long of a career and consistency, those career numbers/averages, in addition to riding out his final years on some championship contender teams will do it. It's not as if he just pissed away 15 years being Mr. 20/10 on the Hornets. He had some nice years on the Spurs when he should have been way past his prime, and now should contribute nicely to a high profile Nets team.

I'm not really concerned with who he's better than or if it's deserved. My prediction is just that it will happen based on those things.

L.Kizzle
10-26-2021, 04:38 PM
A player with that long of a career and consistency, those career numbers/averages, in addition to riding out his final years on some championship contender teams will do it. It's not as if he just pissed away 15 years being Mr. 20/10 on the Hornets. He had some nice years on the Spurs when he should have been way past his prime, and now should contribute nicely to a high profile Nets team.

I'm not really concerned with who he's better than or if it's deserved. My prediction is just that it will happen based on those things.
I agree but you still have guys like Marquees Johnson and Kevin Johnson and Chauncey Billups waiting on a call.

SouBeachTalents
10-26-2021, 04:42 PM
How many tho?
Just from the past 10 years there's been several :lol

Dandridge
Bosh
Westphal
Sikma
Bobby Jones
Cheeks
Jo Jo White
Rich Guerin
Chet Walker

And I didn't even include guys who had other accomplishments in college/overseas like Kukoc & Wilkes

L.Kizzle
10-26-2021, 04:50 PM
Just from the past 10 years there's been several :lol

Dandridge
Bosh
Westphal
Sikma
Bobby Jones
Cheeks
Jo Jo White
Rich Guerin
Chet Walker

And I didn't even include guys who had other accomplishments in college/overseas like Kukoc & Wilkes
Out of those, probably Sikma and Richie Guerin. Richie probably the weakest.

I can make a case for all of the other ones. Paul Westphal was like four time All NBA 1st team guard and led his team to the Finals.