PDA

View Full Version : Can the Knicks match last season's success?

insidehoops
10-26-2021, 07:40 PM
The Knicks did better than most people predicted last season, and finished with a 41-31 record (winning percentage of .569).

It was just a 72-game season, and they grabbed the East's 4 seed.

What do you see for them this year?

fsvr54
10-26-2021, 07:46 PM
They will not be a top 4 seed. I'd say 7th/8th.

GrayGoat
10-26-2021, 07:59 PM
They will not be a top 4 seed. I'd say 7th/8th.

The difference between 4th and 8th seed will be 2 wins

imdaman99
10-26-2021, 08:31 PM
They look a lot better minus that magic abomination of an L the other night

fsvr54
10-26-2021, 08:38 PM
Bucks
Hawks
Nets
Heat
Bulls
76ers

Are all legit better, so 7th seed maximum

imdaman99
10-26-2021, 09:02 PM
Bucks
Hawks
Nets
Heat
Bulls
76ers

Without Simmons, Philly ain't better. And Bulls are beating up on bad teams. The rest are prob better. If they overachieve, they can sneak in another 4th seed.

ImKobe
10-26-2021, 10:01 PM
Yes because Thibs is good at winning a lot of RS games (only one full season as a HC where his team finished below .500/missed POs), even with the most mediocre rosters and this team is deeper than last year's so they should be able to at least match that if they stay healthy.

Bucks
Hawks
Nets
Heat
Bulls
76ers

Not really, Nets and Sixers both have locker room issues this year + Embiid and Harden don't look like they're in as good of a shape as last year so far so I'd expect them to not win at a similar rate this season. Bulls are off to a hot start but I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks finished ahead of them. If I had to bet on one of those teams massively underachieving, the Sixers would be an obvious choice. Anything short of a Simmons trade IMO means that they won't be a top 4 seed because I don't trust Embiid to stay healthy at all and they're not that good to withstand any injuries with that roster. Knicks might not have HCA because the Hawks & Heat are better but they'll be right in that 4-6 range.