PDA

View Full Version : How come so many gaurds are shooting poorly this year?

Bronbron23
10-26-2021, 11:16 PM
Steph-44% fg 39% 3pt. Not bad but it's his worst of his career

Harden- 36% fg 32% 3pt. By far his worst of his career

Dame-36% fg 8% 3pt. Yes 8% lol. By far his worst.

Booker- 40% fg 33% 3pt. His worst of his career

Beal 37% fg 21% 3pt. By far his worst

Luka 43%fg 21% 3pt. His worst of his career.

I don't think any star player who plays on the perimeter isn't struggling relative to their own game. Maybe kd and bron are pretty much the same but that's no surprise because they'd do what they do in any era. I know they aren't technically gaurds but the pretty much play like one. Is this just coincidence and too early to say or is that one rule change exposing this generation of players?

ImKobe
10-26-2021, 11:21 PM
Harden's coming off injury so I'm not going to read much into his numbers, Trae Young is still putting up the same numbers and he cheesed the old rules the most.

ShawkFactory
10-26-2021, 11:25 PM
Harden's coming off injury so I'm not going to read much into his numbers, Trae Young is still putting up the same numbers and he cheesed the old rules the most.

Yea it’s too small of a sample to make any conclusion. Could just be the short offseason and that the guys aren’t in rhythm yet.

Chuckbe
10-26-2021, 11:28 PM
:facepalm

Bronbron23
10-26-2021, 11:31 PM

Yeah young hasn't really fell off much. He is shooting less threes and more 2's though which would suggest it's harder to get as good of looks from distance. It would also explain why his fg% hasn't really dipped like everyone else. He is shooting 31% which is his worst 3pt% of his career so far.

Jasper
10-26-2021, 11:34 PM
76'ers are in dire need of a SG(.)

ImKobe
10-26-2021, 11:36 PM
Yeah young hasn't really fell off much. He is shooting less threes and more 2's though which would suggest it's harder to get as good of looks from distance. It would also explain why his fg% hasn't really dipped like everyone else. He is shooting 31% which is his worst 3pt% of his career so far.

Yeah Trae can get the floater or an open mid-range look any time he wants, he's good on all levels. Dame's been off since the Olympics though he looked really bad there too.

Bronbron23
10-26-2021, 11:37 PM
Yea it’s too small of a sample to make any conclusion. Could just be the short offseason and that the guys aren’t in rhythm yet.

Could be but it's kind of crazy that literally every star perimeter player is playing the worst of their career so far. I could see if it was half but all of them?

Don't get me wrong i don't think these guys are gonna continue struggling like this but i do think that rule change is gonna have an effect.

Bronbron23
10-26-2021, 11:40 PM
Yeah Trae can get the floater or an open mid-range look any time he wants, he's good on all levels. Dame's been off since the Olympics though he looked really bad there too.

Alot of the players did. It's kind of similar to the nba this year so far. They weren't getting to foul line and they seemed to struggle getting as good of looks with defenders being able to contest. Some players who usually get to the line 7-10 times in the nba were only getting a couple free throws a game.

Kobe_Bryant
10-26-2021, 11:42 PM
no more bail out calls/baiting bullsh*t

now you'l finally figure out why wing players in my era were built much stronger, taller and had more creative ways to score the ball and draw fouls

we actually had to take what you people call "flagrants" just for regular fouls

maybe the nba will see another 6-6 do it all shooting guard that can dunk it down your throat again instead of this 3ball/bait era crap

Bronbron23
10-26-2021, 11:48 PM
no more bail out calls/baiting bullsh*t

now you'l finally figure out why wing players in my era were built much stronger, taller and had more creative ways to score the ball and draw fouls

we actually had to take what you people call "flagrants" just for regular fouls

maybe the nba will see another 6-6 do it all shooting guard that can dunk it down your throat again

Yeah it also puts kobe's fg% into perspective. He played most of his prime in the toughest defensive era ever. What would this crop shoot during that era if they're struggling with this one rule change? Add in hand checking and allowing defenders to bust through screens and body up on defensively and things would certainly look different for alot of players. A few like kd and bron would still be dominant though even though u probably don't agree with bron lol

Kobe_Bryant
10-26-2021, 11:53 PM
Yeah it also puts kobe's fg% into perspective. He played most of his prime in the toughest defensive era ever. What would this crop shoot during that era if they're struggling with this one rule change? Add in hand checking and allowing defenders to bust through screens and body up on defensively and things would certainly look different for alot of players. A few like kd and bron would still be dominant though even though u probably don't agree with bron lol

and people wonder why i had like 20 surgeries and broke/ripped/tore everything in my body multiple times

Bronbron23
10-27-2021, 10:03 AM
and people wonder why i had like 20 surgeries and broke/ripped/tore everything in my body multiple times

It was definitely a much more physical game. For one year they should bring back the old rules just see how players would do.

Shogon
10-27-2021, 10:32 AM
It's 4 games.

But I do expect FG% to take a dip this year for guards if the refs stay consistent with staying away from bullshit foul calls.

They'd have to, right? It's a mathematical virtual certainty. Some of the bullshit that guards will try to pull off will result in missed FGAs and turnovers rather than FTs.

Let's see how the season plays out though, it's still early.

8Ball
10-27-2021, 10:35 AM

Kobe took awful ****ing shots all the time.

Kobe had Westbrook level shot selection, was ugly to see low IQ chucking.

Phoenix
10-27-2021, 10:37 AM
Remember when everyone's scoring and efficiency went up in 05? Yeah well, the inverse of that is going to happen until the players adjust to the rules. Make take this season because of the ingrained muscle memory. Granted, we're only a week into the season.

tontoz
10-27-2021, 10:39 AM
Early in the season shooting is typically weak.

Bronbron23
10-27-2021, 10:47 AM
Kobe took awful ****ing shots all the time.

Kobe had Westbrook level shot selection, was ugly to see low IQ chucking.

He didn't take awful shots all the time dude. If you actually believe that your either dumb or didn't watch him play. He could get carried away at times though and force shots i'll give u that.

Like most fans though your seeing faults with other players while ignoring the faults of your guy. Bron stans will praise bron for his decision making because unlike kobe he rarely forces up shots. At the same time though they'll ignore that brons desire to play a ball dominant style is also low iq because ball dominant systems are inferior to systems with more on and off ball movement. They result in more stats but more wins. Bron for most of his career chose stats and ball dominance over wins and movement. How is that anymore high iq than kobe forcing shots at times?

Bronbron23
10-27-2021, 10:50 AM
Early in the season shooting is typically weak.

I was wondering if that was usually the case. I have a hard time believing its usually this bad though. Most of these guys are way below their usual production

RRR3
10-27-2021, 07:39 PM
He didn't take awful shots all the time dude. If you actually believe that your either dumb or didn't watch him play. He could get carried away at times though and force shots i'll give u that.

Like most fans though your seeing faults with other players while ignoring the faults of your guy. Bron stans will praise bron for his decision making because unlike kobe he rarely forces up shots. At the same time though they'll ignore that brons desire to play a ball dominant style is also low iq because ball dominant systems are inferior to systems with more on and off ball movement. They result in more stats but more wins. Bron for most of his career chose stats and ball dominance over wins and movement. How is that anymore high iq than kobe forcing shots at times?
You are actually retarded

Bronbron23
10-27-2021, 08:44 PM
You are actually retarded

Says the self proclaimed drug dealing trolling mexican tranny. Nobody takes you serious bud. Your a poor version of Kaitlyn jenner except your brown with a dirty upper lip. Or maybe that's a mustache. It's hard tell:oldlol: