PDA

View Full Version : Which weaknesses does Doncic still have?

90sgoat
10-27-2021, 03:38 PM
This season Luka is absolute elite in the low post and he has gotten a decent midrange stepback.

He is also a pretty good defender now, definitely not a bad defender like first season.

As far as I see it, his only weakness is an inability to play off ball.

NBAGOAT
10-27-2021, 03:43 PM
Not a good 3pt shooter for a lead ball handler, slumping again to start the year. Until this year, a weak ft shooter. pretty ball dominant too not ideal playing with too many other ball handlers

FultzNationRISE
10-27-2021, 03:46 PM
Defense obviously, altho theres probably no real way for him to improve that. Im skeptical he’s been tested much so far this season, despite whatever appearance of improvement.

Also it’s only been three games but his shooting has been abysmal. Dont know if it’s just an outlier, or hes hung over from an offseason of international play or what.

Ofc hes still good enough all around to make an impact when his shot doesnt go. But hes certainly not off to the MVP start many predicted.

Bronbron23
10-27-2021, 03:49 PM
This season Luka is absolute elite in the low post and he has gotten a decent midrange stepback.

He is also a pretty good defender now, definitely not a bad defender like first season.

As far as I see it, his only weakness is an inability to play off ball.

His mid still needs improving. His three is suspect for someone who shoots as many as he does. Athleticism could be one but i'm not sure it's a weakness anymore than it be a weakness for bird.

tontoz
10-27-2021, 03:58 PM
Shot selection. He isn't a good enough shooter to take so many 3s. He takes too many tough 3s with plenty of time on the clock.

Phoenix
10-27-2021, 04:01 PM
Tone down the 3s, a career 33% shooter shouldn't be averaging 8 a game. Continue to improve post and mid-range game.

bizil
10-27-2021, 04:30 PM
I'm with those who have said shot selection as well. He shot 47% FG last season. Which is pretty good. Not great but pretty good. But he needs to use his physical advantage MORE OFTEN if smaller guards are defending him. Needs to be like Magic and Big O in that regard. To be the "PG" version of Bird, he needs to get to 50-40-90 type shooting or close to go with the great scoring and triple double numbers. A huge part of Bird's legend was his efficiency. And being able to dominate from a stationary position OR off a bounce or two. I get Luka is a PG so it's gonna be different. BUT point is he can do a lot of damage on the block and midrange wise. He's already a great player as he is. BUT he's so young and far from a finished product.

SouBeachTalents
10-27-2021, 04:33 PM
He's a Euro

HBK_Kliq_2
10-27-2021, 04:33 PM
This season? Pretty much everything. 7 threes a game and shoots 21% :roll:

He's like the white tall Westbrook.

Trae is a smarter and better player.

Im so nba'd out
10-27-2021, 04:52 PM
Defense
Free throw shooting
conditioning
Extremely low basketball iq
inability to play without the whole offense orbiting around him (cant play off ball)

i could keep going OP if you want me to?

Kobe_Bryant
10-27-2021, 05:01 PM
This season? Pretty much everything. 7 threes a game and shoots 21% :roll:

He's like the white tall Westbrook.

Trae is a smarter and better player.

trae can't shoot either lol

HBK_Kliq_2
10-27-2021, 05:34 PM
trae can't shoot either lol

Trae hasn't missed a freethrow this season. Luka's fatass is shooting freethrows like Lebron in the playoffs.

Also Trae is at 25PPG on 57% TS and luka is at 24PPG on 49% ts

Trae offensive rating this season: 118

Luka offensive rating this season: 98

Luka under Kidd looks like Trae under Lloyd Pierce hahahaha before Trae fired his ass

ImKobe
10-28-2021, 08:19 AM
Trae hasn't missed a freethrow this season. Luka's fatass is shooting freethrows like Lebron in the playoffs.

Also Trae is at 25PPG on 57% TS and luka is at 24PPG on 49% ts

Trae offensive rating this season: 118

Luka offensive rating this season: 98

Luka under Kidd looks like Trae under Lloyd Pierce hahahaha before Trae fired his ass

What? Luka's missed 2 FTs and is shooting 85.7% from the line in 3 games.

For their career so far

Luka: 26/8/8 57.2%TS 2x All-Star & 2 All-NBA 1st team
Trae: 24/4/9 57.4%TS 1x All-Star & 0 All-NBA teams

:(

Wally450
10-28-2021, 09:51 AM
His body language when things aren't going his way. I think that affects the rest of his game down the stretch.

Ghost1
10-28-2021, 10:01 AM
Hamburgers

90sgoat
10-28-2021, 10:11 AM
A lot of you missed the point.

He can get a lot better at many things, but those are not weaknesses, just things to get better at.

As I see it, an inability to play off ball is a clear weakness, as some of you mentioned.

Shot selection yes. Still a problem, but less of a problem.

Pouting and sulking, yes, but less than last year.

insight
10-28-2021, 10:37 AM
What? Luka's missed 2 FTs and is shooting 85.7% from the line in 3 games.

For their career so far

Luka: 26/8/8 57.2%TS 2x All-Star & 2 All-NBA 1st team
Trae: 24/4/9 57.4%TS 1x All-Star & 0 All-NBA teams

:(

Are you rely going to use 3 games vs his career ft shooting average? He has not been a consistent free throw shooter and needs to improve.
Trae is an excellent Free throw shooter.

Allstar and All NBA is still a popularity contest Ben Simmons was an All star and All NBA, but now the same people who voted him in claim he is worthless worthless.