PDA

View Full Version : Trae feels the new rules are unsafe.

Kblaze8855
10-29-2021, 08:26 PM
"I saw James said it's about him, but it's not targeting just one player or two players," Young said.
Young mentioned Damian Lillard (https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/6606/damian-lillard) and Devin Booker (https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/3136193/devin-booker), a couple of other star scorers off to relatively slow starts.

"You can watch basketball. Damian Lillard's never averaged 17 points probably since his rookie year," Young said. "There's a couple guys. I mean, Book's averaging 18. There's a lot of things that, when guys are driving straight and guys are getting knocked off balance -- it's still a foul, whether they're using their lower body or their hands."

"Veering back and jumping into guys -- that's different," he said. "There are certain things that, I agree with the rule changes, but then there's things that are still fouls, and guys are going to get hurt. Especially a smaller guy like me who's going up against bigger and stronger defenders, they're using their body and they're using their legs and their hands to stop me."

Let us all take a moment to clutch our pearls collectively….

FultzNationRISE
10-29-2021, 08:40 PM
Not a guy I'd have expected to be hearing whining about something like this.

Son I am disappoint.

warriorfan
10-29-2021, 08:40 PM
He’s already made some good money. Maybe he should just retire. Safety first.

Im so nba'd out
10-29-2021, 08:41 PM
Im starting to believe 3ball...a lot of this dudes wouldnt have survived in the handchecking era :oldlol:

Im starting to think a lot of these dudes wouldnt be in the hall of fame if they didnt ban defense (nash ect) they would of been below average to average players at best. Im also starting to think a couple of players would of been a lot better if they played with defense allowed their whole career ( paul george iguodala ect)

theman93
10-29-2021, 08:42 PM
What a cupcake. Kid would get obliterated in the 90's and early 00's.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
10-29-2021, 08:46 PM
That's embarrassing. :lol

I like Trae, but he needs to be serious. This aint the early 2000s or even the late 00s. Consider yourself lucky.

bladefd
10-29-2021, 08:47 PM
Trae was exploiting the rules plenty and now has to actually play basketball without baiting to draw fouls every few plays. He would probably have a mental breakdown if he was playing in the 80s or 90s.

I don't care what Trae has to say. Deal with it or quit.

FultzNationRISE
10-29-2021, 08:48 PM
Im starting to believe 3ball...a lot of this dudes wouldnt have survived in the handchecking era

Im starting to think a lot of these dudes wouldnt be in the hall of fame if they didnt ban defense (nash kidd ect) they would of been below average to average players at best

:coleman:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/E4iXNgIXIAYgXQE.jpg
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/nRd3Ua0HVhWYzNb_FFIw32fw85wXk0e08Egv8yNVDKIhtOJVkt vrF7LyNMorcg_E5DHSd8gZ0fZWI16cPwQ7-dt5IB1SezWzSkU8ZkPa75fT2EOE00S5pfAAndQ_J7Pze5tP6BA wIw
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/ConfusedEminentIncatern-max-1mb.gif
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CApMh-2U8AI-9MV.png

HBK_Kliq_2
10-29-2021, 08:49 PM
I don't see that much of a difference based on eye test but guys stats are dropping off like its the 99-2004 era

Im so nba'd out
10-29-2021, 08:50 PM
"Actually allowing teams to play defense is unsafe for players who are on offense"

thats what im reading out of this :oldlol: what in the actual fk

Kblaze8855
10-29-2021, 08:57 PM
I just want to see the postgame after one of these guys used to freedom of movement rules, no hand checking, and drawing fouls by initiating contact then flopping plays the early 90s Knicks or Sonics with guys like Payton, Mcmillian, Starks, and Harper backed by Cage, Kemp, Oakley, and Ewing.

Forget the bad boys. Those teams a step down physical play wise would have some of these guys ready to testify and go into witness protection. Some of Tim Hardaways poor shooting games would make a lot more sense to people reading game logs.

Sportal
10-29-2021, 09:23 PM
Tough defense is gonna create even greater offense though, right?

Bronbron23
10-29-2021, 09:30 PM
Let us all take a moment to clutch our pearls collectively….

Luka has been bitching even more than usual also. Honestly it's no secret the players and society in general are softer now but it's really they're fault. That's the atmosphere they came up in.

Kobe_Bryant
10-29-2021, 09:32 PM
how much greater do i look now because of this shit seeing as i hit the most highly contested shots in nba history and went through hell driving to the basket

i always knew this era was full of frauds. people actually tried saying james harden was better than me and mike lmao

Bronbron23
10-29-2021, 09:33 PM
Tough defense is gonna create even greater offense though, right?

Yeah good point. I think these guys just have to take their panties off and put on their big boy pants and tough it out. It will force them to get better. I think they will adjust and get better than they've been recently.

97 bulls
10-29-2021, 09:41 PM
I've been saying this for the longest. That's why we shouldn't be comparing stats across eras. From 2005 to today. The league has gone to great lengths trying to remanufacture Jordan.

97 bulls
how much greater do i look now because of this shit seeing as i hit the most highly contested shots in nba history and went through hell driving to the basket

i always knew this era was full of frauds. people actually tried saying james harden was better than me and mike lmao

Kobe benefitted as well

Airupthere
Luka has been bitching even more than usual also. Honestly it's no secret the players and society in general are softer now but it's really they're fault. That's the atmosphere they came up in.

But didnt luka say that playing in the nba is easier in comparison? This shouldnt be much for him still.

outofstomach
10-29-2021, 09:43 PM
they are unsafe, literally rewards bad defense lol

insight
10-29-2021, 09:59 PM
What Trae is saying is spot on. The jumping into defenders and foul baiting needed to be removed from the game but when a player drives to the basket and a defender collides into him it's a foul and should be called. The foul calls this season have been so inconsistent nobody knows what is a foul is and what is not. Colliding into the offensive player was a foul in the 80's and 90's the main difference is the fouls were much harder and flagrant fouls were not called.

tanibanana
10-29-2021, 10:01 PM
I feel sad he is whining..

bladefd
10-29-2021, 10:01 PM
Kobe benefitted as well

Kobe played and tore it up under the 90s rules.. He played in handchecking era until it was banned

Bronbron23
10-29-2021, 10:07 PM
But didnt luka say that playing in the nba is easier in comparison? This shouldnt be much for him still.

True maybe he's just used to shit being easy and dosn't want to go back. Can't blame him tbh.

Bronbron23
10-29-2021, 10:09 PM
What Trae is saying is spot on. The jumping into defenders and foul baiting needed to be removed from the game but when a player drives to the basket and a defender collides into him it's a foul and should be called. The foul calls this season have been so inconsistent nobody knows what is a foul is and what is not. Colliding into the offensive player was a foul in the 80's and 90's the main difference is the fouls were much harder and flagrant fouls were not called.

Nah man i'm a trae fan qnd watch most of his games. Defenders aren't dangerously banging in to him and his teammates. It's supposed to be a physical game and defenders are being a little more physical because they're allowed. I like trae but he sounds like a bitch on this.

Kobe_Bryant
10-29-2021, 10:11 PM
Kobe benefitted as well

sorry but i've been in games where i couldn't buy a call and had to literally break my nose just to get to the free throw line.... IN THE ALLSTAR GAME

and if game 7 of the 2010 finals isn't proof of how much the refs left things go during the first 3 quarters then i don't know what is

insight
10-29-2021, 10:31 PM
Nah man i'm a trae fan qnd watch most of his games. Defenders aren't dangerously banging in to him and his teammates. It's supposed to be a physical game and defenders are being a little more physical because they're allowed. I like trae but he sounds like a bitch on this.

Did you listen to the press conference? He wasn't bitchin he made valid points about what the rules are and how inconsistent the game is being called based on the rule book.
If a player beats his defender and has a clear path to the basket and the defender hip checks him or grabs his arm because he is beat that's a foul. If they do not call those fouls, it rewards BAD DEFENSE and the game favors size and strength over skill.

Are you telling me you haven't noticed how inconsistent the foul calls have been this season? I just watch Luka drive to the basket the Joker slaps his forearms and no foul was called. How does that benefit the game?

k0kakw0rld
10-29-2021, 10:39 PM
Despite all of that he is currently averaging 24.2 ppg on 44 FG% and 10.0 assists per game. Which is better than what he was averaging before.

insight
10-30-2021, 12:09 AM
This isn't about the integrity of the game, some of this is personal.

Trae was fined 15K for making contact with a ref.
This is the video showing what he did to get a tech and fined 15K.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1454245562874843137

LoneyROY7
10-30-2021, 12:09 AM
Good to see Trae speaking out against injustice. :applause:

tontoz
10-30-2021, 08:41 AM

Half of Kobe's career was in the soft era.

tontoz
10-30-2021, 08:43 AM
My biggest gripe about the game in recent years is that guys got to the foul line so easily. Jumping into a defender was a free pass to the foul line. Glad they are finally addressing this

HylianNightmare
10-30-2021, 08:45 AM
Soft gif

Shogon
10-30-2021, 08:49 AM
I've been saying this for the longest. That's why we shouldn't be comparing stats across eras. From 2005 to today. The league has gone to great lengths trying to remanufacture Jordan.

100% true. All of it.

If we're all being honest with ourselves, it is completely silly to compare players from different eras... there is simply no way to know.

I would say however there does come a point in which it is so obvious you can't help but "know." Like there are players that are HOFers from the original era that probably wouldn't even be All-Stars today. Just saying. But then again... if they had access to today's knowledge and equipment and time to dedicate to basketball, maybe. Who knows such things with an absolute certainty? Nobody.

j3lademaster
10-30-2021, 09:09 AM
This isn't about the integrity of the game, some of this is personal.

Trae was fined 15K for making contact with a ref.
This is the video showing what he did to get a tech and fined 15K.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1454245562874843137that’s pretty bad, especially since that’s on the ref. Referees should be aware and not getting in the way of players during a live ball. Trae was trying to get back on D, that is all.

Bronbron23
10-30-2021, 11:25 AM
Did you listen to the press conference? He wasn't bitchin he made valid points about what the rules are and how inconsistent the game is being called based on the rule book.
If a player beats his defender and has a clear path to the basket and the defender hip checks him or grabs his arm because he is beat that's a foul. If they do not call those fouls, it rewards BAD DEFENSE and the game favors size and strength over skill.

Are you telling me you haven't noticed how inconsistent the foul calls have been this season? I just watch Luka drive to the basket the Joker slaps his forearms and no foul was called. How does that benefit the game?

Calls have always been inconsistent. I saw it and i thought he sounded like a soft bitch man and again i'm a trae fan but he abused the soft rules as good as anyone. As did luka. Hiw often did they jump into defenders? Those guys create contact just as much as defenders are now. They're just salty because this new rule effects them more than most and it's exposing them a bit. It's a physical game man not everything is gonna get called.

insight
10-30-2021, 12:36 PM
Calls have always been inconsistent. I saw it and i thought he sounded like a soft bitch man and again i'm a trae fan but he abused the soft rules as good as anyone. As did luka. Hiw often did they jump into defenders? Those guys create contact just as much as defenders are now. They're just salty because this new rule effects them more than most and it's exposing them a bit. It's a physical game man not everything is gonna get called.

I do agree the game is much better without the jumping into defenders just to draw fouls. I hated when Trae did it or any other player in the league did it made the game unwatchable.
Trae is still scoring with the rule changes, he has never been afraid to drive to the basketball and absorb contact. New York and Philly attempted to get physical and Trae never backed down and thrived in that enviroment. This is not the playoffs, it's the regular season if legit fouls are not getting called for 82 games evenutally guys we get injured or teams will start using it as a strategy like Detroit did in the 80s.

Meanwhile refs allowing this type of nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8crP3KhKo

Bronbron23
10-30-2021, 12:47 PM
I do agree the game is much better without the jumping into defenders just to draw fouls. I hated when Trae did it or any other player in the league did it made the game unwatchable.
Trae is still scoring with the rule changes, he has never been afraid to drive to the basketball and absorb contact. New York and Philly attempted to get physical and Trae never backed down and thrived in that enviroment. This is not the playoffs, it's the regular season if legit fouls are not getting called for 82 games evenutally guys we get injured or teams will start using it as a strategy like Detroit did in the 80s.

Meanwhile refs allowing this type of nonsense.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AI8crP3KhKo

Yeah forsure. I like trae. He's a competitor and one of the better young personalities in the sport. I'm not saying he can't hang with more physicality. He's not doing that bad so far this year. He's just a bit less efficient but most guys are since the rule change.

Druckenmiller
10-31-2021, 12:24 AM
Let’s get real: the NBA had turned into the WNBA/WWE in recent years. It was on the verge of becoming fake basketball with no defense allowed and it was, eventually, going to turn fans off.

Now that guys are allowed to play defense it’s exposing guys who really wouldn’t have been all the great during the era in which defense was actually allowed.

This is essentially what ever fan over the age of 30 has been saying for almost a decade.

Hopefully all the crying and whining won’t cause the NBA to reverse course. They are trying to create some balance and that’s a good thing. Stick to it.

ImKobe
10-31-2021, 12:33 AM
Half of Kobe's career was in the soft era.

He already had seasons/Playoff runs on that level though. He didn't need the rule changes to be a great scorer and he was arguably the best player in the league at age 22 when he completely demolished both the Kings & Spurs in the POs.

Pip' N Rodman
10-31-2021, 12:34 AM
He already had seasons/Playoff runs on that level though. He didn't need the rule changes to be a great scorer and he was arguably the best player in the league at age 22 when he completely demolished both the Kings & Spurs in the POs.

How many seasons did Kobe have shooting above 46.9%?

ClipperRevival
11-01-2021, 08:46 PM
https://c.tenor.com/43kZp_2J0qEAAAAM/kobe-bryant-nba.gif

ClipperRevival
11-01-2021, 08:54 PM
Growing up watching real physical bball, I so much appreciate how the league is trying to cut back on the soft rules. It allows the really ballers to shine through instead of gifting them 2 FTs with every flop.

Trae is on my list of guys who would struggle in any real era due to his small size AND lack of tier 1 athleticism like an AI or Ja. He's quick but he ain't explosive. With hand checking, he would struggle and that boy knows it. That's why he's complaining.

ClipperRevival
11-01-2021, 08:58 PM
Let’s get real: the NBA had turned into the WNBA/WWE in recent years. It was on the verge of becoming fake basketball with no defense allowed and it was, eventually, going to turn fans off.

Now that guys are allowed to play defense it’s exposing guys who really wouldn’t have been all the great during the era in which defense was actually allowed.

This is essentially what ever fan over the age of 30 has been saying for almost a decade.

Hopefully all the crying and whining won’t cause the NBA to reverse course. They are trying to create some balance and that’s a good thing. Stick to it.

Exactly!

From about 2015 - 2021, we might look back at this era as possibly THE most softest era EVER. Asterisk era.

Micku
11-01-2021, 09:43 PM

Totally. I agree. The new rules further proves it.

With that said, I'm sure they would adjust to it eventually. But it shows you that you could be good at b-ball and have certain skills, but how effective you'll be depends on the rules set.

insight
11-01-2021, 10:12 PM
Growing up watching real physical bball, I so much appreciate how the league is trying to cut back on the soft rules. It allows the really ballers to shine through instead of gifting them 2 FTs with every flop.

Trae is on my list of guys who would struggle in any real era due to his small size AND lack of tier 1 athleticism like an AI or Ja. He's quick but he ain't explosive. With hand checking, he would struggle and that boy knows it. That's why he's complaining.

Nah, actually Trae is so skilled with his court vision, handles and passing and long distant shooting he could adjust.
Highly skilled high IQ basketball players can excel in any era. Trae is similar to Steve Nash, Detroit Isaiah Thomas (Detroit) , John Stockton and Chris Paul a floor general who can control the tempo of the game.

The game is much better with out the flops and offensive players creating contact just to get a foul calls. There is something else going on as Trae suggest because this is the lowest amount of fouls called in the 75 year history of the NBA

https://twitter.com/ChaseHughesNBCS/status/1455234103691948038?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5 Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1455234103691948038%7Ctwgr% 5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.hawksquawk.net%2Findex.p hp%3Fapp%3Dcoremodule%3Dsystemcontroller%3Dembedur l%3Dhttps%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FChaseHughesNBCS%2F status%2F1455234103691948038