PDA

View Full Version : When is the last time the Lakers beat somebody convincinly

TAZORAC
10-30-2021, 06:16 AM
Even going back to last season, every win for the Lakers comes down to the last few minutes. Most NBA teams have wins and loses, some big, some small, they also have close games. Everytime the Lakers win, the game could have gone either way.

I can't remember the last time they beat someone by more then 12 points.

The Lakers aren't built for offense. If Lebron was in his prime, he could cover the lack of offense alone, but not now. THIS SEASON i still young and Westbrook can cover some of that offense, but the lack of offense really goes back to last season.

SouBeachTalents
10-30-2021, 06:28 AM

brownmamba00
10-30-2021, 07:31 AM
Lack of ball movement and reliable shooting is gonna kill this team's chemistry. Lakers at halftime had like 1 or 2 threes made.

Just looking at the roster we have a lot pieces that don't fit.

8Ball
10-30-2021, 09:30 AM
Lack of ball movement and reliable shooting is gonna kill this team's chemistry. Lakers at halftime had like 1 or 2 threes made.

I agree.

Not getting Buddy Hield was a big mistake.

Full Court
10-30-2021, 11:13 AM
I don't remember exactly, but I'm pretty sure they had a decisive win in 2020.

TAZORAC
10-30-2021, 11:20 AM

One major problem with the Lakers is they don't play to there strengths. The Lakers the BIGGEST/OLDEST team in the NBA. You have to get these smaller teams in foul trouble. They try to out 3 point shoot other teams and it doesn't work, thats why they always look like shit against the Suns. The Suns have 1 big man who gets significant playing time. Ayton should be in foul trouble everytime they play the Lakers.

Jordan/Howard if given the ball can still give you at least 12/10 a night I believe.

Thenameless
10-31-2021, 03:10 PM

Let's wait at least until mid-season. I'm looking forward to seeing what Nunn and Ellington can do to help. Less so THT and Ariza.

Thenameless
10-31-2021, 03:11 PM
One major problem with the Lakers is they don't play to there strengths. The Lakers the BIGGEST/OLDEST team in the NBA. You have to get these smaller teams in foul trouble. They try to out 3 point shoot other teams and it doesn't work, thats why they always look like shit against the Suns. The Suns have 1 big man who gets significant playing time. Ayton should be in foul trouble everytime they play the Lakers.

Jordan/Howard if given the ball can still give you at least 12/10 a night I believe.

Yup, I agree. You've built a Big Team. Now play Big. If you keep dunking and getting easy lay-ups in the paint, the 3's will naturally come.

Axe
10-31-2021, 07:30 PM
Doesn't change the fact that they are stacked tho. You could see the credentials of each player in the roster if you aren't convinced.