PDA

View Full Version : This shouldn't still be possible... LeBron play from last night

Shogon
11-01-2021, 11:59 AM
https://streamable.com/yct3oz

I watched this shit live and couldn't believe it, tbh.

tpols
11-01-2021, 12:15 PM
That's why I don't understand people acting like he lost a big step. When other GOATs were at his minute total they were beyond shells of themselves athletically and could never do that.

meat
11-01-2021, 12:35 PM
well go jerk off in the corner

ShawkFactory
11-01-2021, 12:39 PM
That's why I don't understand people acting like he lost a big step. When other GOATs were at his minute total they were beyond shells of themselves athletically and could never do that.

He’s certainly lost a step. He can still run and jump but the quick twitch isn’t what it was.

FKAri
11-01-2021, 12:40 PM

Other GOATs weren't eating their vegetables like LeBrussel Sprouts.

Airupthere
11-01-2021, 12:41 PM
Nothing special there. Goes to show branstans magnify everything lebron does.

zeerghit
11-01-2021, 01:55 PM
Nothing special there. Goes to show branstans magnify everything lebron does.

any examples for other players doing that in 19th season?

Kobe_Bryant
11-01-2021, 02:03 PM
steroids are a hell of a drug

Pip' N Rodman
11-01-2021, 02:08 PM
steroids are a hell of a drug

You should know.. you visited the steroid capital (germany)

Airupthere
11-01-2021, 02:19 PM
any examples for other players doing that in 19th season?

He's on his 19th but he's only 36. He's built like a tank, he's huge and athletic. Which part of this is still a surprise? VC was still dunking at 40+ years old ffs.

zeerghit
11-01-2021, 02:22 PM
He's on his 19th but he's only 36. He's built like a tank, he's huge and athletic. Which part of this is still a surprise? VC was still dunking at 40+ years old ffs.

ok ill give you what any other candidates?

Airupthere
11-01-2021, 02:24 PM
ok ill give you what any other candidates?

And what number would satisfy you? Did you see the title of this thread? Is it impossible for a 36 yr old built like a tank to dunk? OP "can't believe" it as a hyperbole. I'm sure it was fun seeing it during the game, but the hyperbole?

8Ball
11-01-2021, 02:26 PM
Goat gonna goat

zeerghit
11-01-2021, 02:31 PM
And what number would satisfy you? Did you see the title of this thread? Is it impossible for a 36 yr old built like a tank to dunk? OP "can't believe" it as a hyperbole. I'm sure it was fun seeing it during the game, but the hyperbole?
like 5 more?

hateraid
11-01-2021, 02:35 PM

He outran a you get athlete and still had the ability to recover and dunk. It's impressive for a player half his age.
You know what's not impressive? Your posts

Kobe_Bryant
11-01-2021, 02:37 PM
You should know.. you visited the steroid capital (germany)

why go to Germany when I can just go to miami

zeerghit
11-01-2021, 02:39 PM
He outran a you get athlete and still had the ability to recover and dunk. It's impressive for a player half his age.
You know what's not impressive? Your posts

17 years younger most athletic rookie.. i will add that

Hey Yo
11-01-2021, 02:42 PM

James has played 7,100 more minutes right now, compared to Vince at age 40. And that's just the regular season.

zeerghit
11-01-2021, 02:44 PM
James has played 7,100 more minutes right now, compared to Vince at age 40.

lests be honest vince takes a pass on this one

Airupthere
11-01-2021, 02:47 PM
like 5 more?

You're satisfied with 5? VC, Malone, MJ, Pip, even Manu, Wade, Grant Hill. I'm sure there's more. Like I said, there should be no number because this shouldn't even come as a surprise. Lebron's physically gifted and has not looked old for this to be a surprise.

zeerghit
11-01-2021, 02:50 PM
you're satisfied with 5? Vc, malone, mj, pip, even manu, wade, grant hill. I'm sure there's more. Like i said, there should be no number because this shouldn't even come as a surprise. Lebron's physically gifted and has not looked old for this to be a surprise.

gtfo

Airupthere
11-01-2021, 02:52 PM
gtfo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XzsnGvhu4A

Drives through the lane, 4 defenders. Then again, we don't have manu stans on here so.

zeerghit
11-01-2021, 02:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0XzsnGvhu4A

Drives through the lane, 4 defenders. Then again, we don't have manu stans on here so.

ilove manu but its nothing close here + manu most his career started as 6th man..

LAL
11-01-2021, 03:32 PM
Looks like a 40 year old stiff trying to be fancy.

eliteballer
11-01-2021, 03:35 PM
It’s called Roids.

Spurs m8
11-01-2021, 04:09 PM
Lol why wouldn't that be possible for a 6'8 juice monster, who spends millions a year on his body?

I thought it was actually going to be something impressive

Then again...to people without lives, I guess it is

Lebron23
11-01-2021, 04:09 PM
Greatest athlete in NBA History

3ba11
11-01-2021, 04:12 PM
46-year old Jordan was dunking backwards, 2-hands, off a straight vertical (no-steps):

https://i.makeagif.com/media/11-01-2021/YrCxEt.gif

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrja3wLxIY

That being said, if Lebron maintains this shit at 38 years old, he's Lance Armstrong'ing this thing

Period

Heck, he probably passed on his PED secrets to Melo, who is playing better than last year despite a reduced role

Phoenix
11-01-2021, 04:17 PM

Heck, he probably passed on his PED secrets to Melo, who is playing better than last year despite a reduced role

Melo hasn't had much to play for in years, not surprised he's playing better this year.

Kobe_Bryant
11-01-2021, 04:17 PM

... is wilt chamberlain?

8Ball
11-01-2021, 04:31 PM

19 years in.

Bronbron23
11-01-2021, 04:36 PM

I think when most people say he's lost a step It's relative to his own insane athleticism. He's clearly still one of the league best athletes but compared to his best he's definitely lost a step

3ba11
11-01-2021, 04:42 PM
Melo hasn't had much to play for in years, not surprised he's playing better this year.

Blazers were a playoff team and Melo begged to get back in the league so no

3ba11
11-01-2021, 04:45 PM
I think when most people say he's lost a step It's relative to his own insane athleticism. He's clearly still one of the league best athletes but compared to his best he's definitely lost a step

Lebron is big, but Jordan floated through the air and mitigated defenders in the air like no one we've ever seen, while also being the best combo leaper ever (1 or 2 legs)

MJ hangs and floats, while Lebron drops like a rock

So Jordan is the best athlete

Axe
11-01-2021, 04:49 PM
Lebron is big, but Jordan floated through the air and mitigated defenders in the air like no one we've ever seen, while also being the best combo leaper ever (1 or 2 legs)

Kong is better all-around player than your true hero kobe.

Phoenix
11-01-2021, 04:53 PM
Blazers were a playoff team and Melo begged to get back in the league so no

There's a difference between a playoff team with no title aspirations versus being on a team among a handful of favorites to win the title so yes

Phoenix
11-01-2021, 04:54 PM

89 Pippen

3ba11
11-01-2021, 04:56 PM
There's a difference between a playoff team with no title aspirations versus being on a team among a handful of favorites to win the title so yes

He begged like a broke gambler to get back in the league, so his motivation was at an all-time high

SouBeachTalents
11-01-2021, 04:57 PM
He begged like a broke gambler to get back in the league, so his motivation was at an all-time high
He begged like Jordan?

Phoenix
11-01-2021, 04:58 PM

And a team with no title chances took him. Let me know when you make a point that addresses mine.

Kobe_Bryant
11-01-2021, 04:59 PM
19 years in.

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/jmB6YCUzgMU/maxresdefault.jpg

Shogon
11-01-2021, 04:59 PM
lol @ the people in this thread that think the impressive part of this play is the dunk.

LeBron is the first person on the court including the refs that sees the turnover coming and he starts sprinting up the floor (impressive enough by itself) then he continues to outrun a kid that's like 19 years old (most impressive part) and he finishes on the other end with the reverse.

At that age, with that many years in and that many years played, yes, it is extremely impressive. The entire sequence. But the dunk was the least impressive part of the entire sequence.

Hell if you look closely, he anticipates the turnover before it actually even happens.

lxlHoTsAuSelxl
11-01-2021, 05:01 PM
https://www.yahoo.com/news/lebron-james-lookalike-appeared-lakers-155424002.html

Possible or not possible, "LeBack to the Future", "LeSpaceJam".

3ba11
11-01-2021, 06:08 PM
lol @ the people in this thread that think the impressive part of this play is the dunk.

LeBron is the first person on the court including the refs that sees the turnover coming and he starts sprinting up the floor (impressive enough by itself) then he continues to outrun a kid that's like 19 years old (most impressive part) and he finishes on the other end with the reverse.

At that age, with that many years in and that many years played, yes, it is extremely impressive. The entire sequence. But the dunk was the least impressive part of the entire sequence.

Hell if you look closely, he anticipates the turnover before it actually even happens.

Anticipating a turnover is called cherry-picking..no skill required

Outrunning someone down the floor after getting a headstart/cherry-picking isn't impressive either

Only the dunk was unique for a guy pushing 37 years old

eliteballer
11-01-2021, 06:11 PM
Anticipating a turnover is called cherry-picking..no skill required

Outrunning someone down the floor after getting a headstart/cherry-picking isn't impressive either

Only the dunk was unique for a guy pushing 37 years old

Lol…these clowns are always trying to make simple basketball plays seem like these dudes are splitting the atom. Does OP have any idea how often lebron does this during a game and it doesn’t result in a turnover.

PP34Deuce
11-01-2021, 06:18 PM
Watching Lebron the most apparent thing is quickness and explosion he's lost.

North South with a head of steam, he still out runs everyone. he just can't get explode like even 3 years ago off the bounce and he can't shake people as quick as he used to.

Still really strong and fast instincts.

GrayGoat
11-01-2021, 07:34 PM
LeBron is just too good

ClipperRevival
11-01-2021, 09:08 PM
That play is fool's gold. Perfect scenario to make someone look athletic is give him a nice head of steam.

Unfortunately, most of bball is played in tighter quarters. Bron has finally shown signs of age this year where he lacks sudden explosion.

Evidence?

He's shooting almost 50% of his FG attempts from 3, which is unprecedented for him. I've seen all Laker games this year, he's struggling mightily to get to the rim and when he does, he clearly lacks the same lift he used to have and struggles to finish.

3ba11
11-01-2021, 09:10 PM
That play is fool's gold. Perfect scenario to make someone look athletic is give him a nice head of steam.

Unfortunately, most of bball is played in tighter quarters. Bron has finally shown signs of age this year where he lacks sudden explosion.

Evidence?

He's shooting almost 50% of his FG attempts from 3, which is unprecedented for him. I've seen all Laker games this year, he's struggling mightily to get to the rim and when he does, he clearly lacks the same lift he used to have and struggles to finish.

Great post.. it was fool's gold - the perfect play in stride with tons of momentum..

he's shooting 51% on 2-pointers, which is his lowest since his first couple years

StrongLurk
11-01-2021, 09:40 PM
He's about to have his worst season since his rookie year lol. Who cares about random dunks?