PDA

View Full Version : I’d like to see prime Barkley play on a team like the Blazers.

Kblaze8855
11-02-2021, 01:57 PM
https://youtu.be/eJbeLmLQxFk

^Not even prime. He was already talking retirement by then.

Just let him play center today at 6’5” and draw doubles and kick it out. Step out now and then when needed for spacing purposes since I have no doubt he’d put a lot more work in on the 3 which he already had as a streaky option.

Id pay to watch that team nightly. Defenses having to focus on both the paint and 30 feet with Chuck and Dame would be funny. Wouldnt be a super team just….very good on offense. I don’t need super to be enamored with it.

Chuck on the blazers. Kemp next to Luka. Mark Price on the 76ers. Reggie on the Nuggets. These are the things running through my head this afternoon. No real point to make. Just some daydreaming.

FultzNationRISE
11-02-2021, 05:24 PM
https://youtu.be/eJbeLmLQxFk

^Not even prime. He was already talking retirement by then.

Just let him play center today at 6’5” and draw doubles and kick it out. Step out now and then when needed for spacing purposes since I have no doubt he’d put a lot more work in on the 3 which he already had as a streaky option.

Id pay to watch that team nightly. Defenses having to focus on both the paint and 30 feet with Chuck and Dame would be funny. Wouldnt be a super team just….very good on offense. I don’t need super to be enamored with it.

Chuck on the blazers. Kemp next to Luka. Mark Price on the 76ers. Reggie on the Nuggets. These are the things running through my head this afternoon. No real point to make. Just some daydreaming.

Bird creating for Lebron to finish, and finishing when Lebron creates :lebronamazed:

SouBeachTalents
11-02-2021, 05:55 PM
I have no doubt Barkley and his coaches would put more emphasis on working on and improving his 3 point shot, and we've seen several centers turn into reliably good 3 point shooters. But Barkley was no stranger to 3's, and in some seasons he was taking nearly Dirk like volume, and was frankly terrible virtually every season. Even with the shortened 3 point line he struggled to crack 30%.

Not that it'd be essential to his success, Giannis is a 2x MVP and 30 ppg caliber scorer without a 3 point shot, but I'd be curious to see if Barkley could make marked improvements in that aspect of his game if he played in this era.

dankok8
11-02-2021, 06:08 PM
The stupidest thing Barkley ever did was try to shoot threes. A guy that lethal in the post and with the ball barreling down the lane shouldn't be taking any long jumpers period. His efficiency took a dive every time he took threes.

Round Mound
11-02-2021, 09:07 PM
What is incredible in this game is that he waits for the clock to run out every time and still produces. What a player!

90sgoat
11-02-2021, 09:10 PM
Barkley would obviously be incredible in this era and I don't even see how anyone could disagree.

ClipperRevival
11-02-2021, 11:27 PM
I have no doubt Barkley and his coaches would put more emphasis on working on and improving his 3 point shot, and we've seen several centers turn into reliably good 3 point shooters. But Barkley was no stranger to 3's, and in some seasons he was taking nearly Dirk like volume, and was frankly terrible virtually every season. Even with the shortened 3 point line he struggled to crack 30%.

Not that it'd be essential to his success, Giannis is a 2x MVP and 30 ppg caliber scorer without a 3 point shot, but I'd be curious to see if Barkley could make marked improvements in that aspect of his game if he played in this era.

If an absolutely robotic stiff like Brook Lopez can develop a 3, almost anyone can.

Shooting is a skill that can be developed through repetition.

Bankaii
11-02-2021, 11:49 PM
In what world is prime Barkley, Dame, CJ, and Nurk not a super team lol?
Their offense would be close to 2017 Warriors level, but that defense would be absolutely atrocious.

Bankaii
11-02-2021, 11:53 PM
If an absolutely robotic stiff like Brook Lopez can develop a 3, almost anyone can.

Shooting is a skill that can be developed through repetition.
Spoken like someone that has never hooped before.

Shooting 3s is not something you just build with repetition:facepalm. There’s a reason there are plenty of professionals that still can’t shoot. And Lopez robotic? Do you watch the nba?

BigShotBob
11-03-2021, 12:01 AM
Spoken like someone that has never hooped before.

Shooting 3s is not something you just build with repetition:facepalm. There’s a reason there are plenty of professionals that still can’t shoot. And Lopez robotic? Do you watch the nba?

So Lopez had a better chance of developing a consistent 3 than Barkley? Is that your argument right now? Or a better chance than most other big men in the 90;s?

Bankaii
11-03-2021, 12:16 AM
So Lopez had a better chance of developing a consistent 3 than Barkley? Is that your argument right now? Or a better chance than most other big men in the 90;s?
The other retard made it seem as though anyone can shoot 3s if they just “practice” them enough, which is asinine.
And why are you pretending like Barkley was some great shooter? He shot above 30% from 3 twice. Brook also had a much cleaner form.

It varies per person. But thinking that throwing some random great 90s player would make them a good 3 point shooter is just dumb.

iamgine
11-03-2021, 01:01 AM
tbh almost anyone can shoot decent threes if they practiced enough. But it WILL take away from your other game. Even MJ explained as much.

"My three-point shooting is something I don’t want to excel at because it takes away from all phases of my game..."

This is 100% true.

Round Mound
11-03-2021, 02:46 AM
Charles in this era would probably an ok three point shooter 32 33% at the most. His teamates say he never practiced i think that was in his Suns days but he probably did when he was a rookie or with Phily. O well, atleast Moses got him to loose weight and he became one of the best ever.