PDA

View Full Version : I don’t think ppl realize how much better Jokic’s been than everybody the past 2 yrs.

999Guy
11-03-2021, 11:03 AM
He’s been essentially tiered up over the league IMO.

These aren’t Steve Nash, Dirk, or Kobe MVP’s he’s about to win, b2b.

I mean no one has been even remotely close for like 400 days.

This is easily in that 09 and 10 LeBron, 15 and 16 Curry category.

And I say that because he came back AFTER an MVP better and skinnier, leading to really good defense to start this year.

LeBron was a better shooter after his first MVP, Curry was Jesus after his for a while there.

Jokic is basically mutant version of Magic, Bird, and some unknown role player DNA that plays adequate, hell very good defense.

He’s sitting on 33 PER in an anti-stat pad season, league ORTG just slammed back to late 00’s levels and he’s ****ing toying with teams even more.

tontoz
11-03-2021, 11:08 AM
Yeah losing weight has made a big difference, along with looking to score more. Plus he doesn't miss games.

His size and skills make him a nightmare to guard.

TheGoatest
11-03-2021, 01:39 PM
I don’t think ppl realize how much better Jokic’s been than everybody the past 2 yrs.

What everybody? Everybody on the Nuggets? Everybody in the Northwest division? That's all the "everybodys" I could think of before your post starts to be:

https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/51isf+p4IaL._AC_.jpg

SouBeachTalents
11-03-2021, 01:48 PM
Really, Durant, Kawhi, Giannis, Curry haven't even been REMOTELY close :oldlol: Why people decide to use such ridiculous hyperbole makes no sense to me, all it does is discredit your own argument.

11-03-2021, 01:49 PM
cringe

999Guy
11-03-2021, 02:30 PM
Really, Durant, Kawhi, Giannis, Curry haven't even been REMOTELY close :oldlol: Why people decide to use such ridiculous hyperbole makes no sense to me, all it does is discredit your own argument.

Now, let’s take the ****ing vagueness out of whatever the **** we are talking about. How is Jokic about to essentially unanimously win b2b MVP’s, on a team with literally no narratives or supporting cast to boost him up, closely?

He has no triple double narrative, no win total narrative, scoring title, no title win narrative, literally no real hype in his entire life expecting him to be this good to create a self fulfilled prophecy like Luka or AD, and he is obviously about to win two STRAIGHT MVP’s.

What exactly could differentiate him other than dominance? How the **** is Curry or Giannis realistically close? Jokic kills Curry defensively, and Giannis offensively.

Embiid was probably Jokic level for like 2 months total the past two seasons.

SouBeachTalents
11-03-2021, 02:43 PM
Now, let’s take the ****ing vagueness out of whatever the **** we are talking about. How is Jokic about to essentially unanimously win b2b MVP’s, on a team with literally no narratives or supporting cast to boost him up, closely?

He has no triple double narrative, no win total narrative, scoring title, no title win narrative, literally no real hype in his entire life expecting him to be this good to create a self fulfilled prophecy like Luka or AD, and he is obviously about to win two STRAIGHT MVP’s.

What exactly could differentiate him other than dominance? How the **** is Curry or Giannis realistically close? Jokic kills Curry defensively, and Giannis offensively.

Embiid was probably Jokic level for like 2 months total the past two seasons.
First of all, to act like Jokic has a 2nd MVP on lock two weeks into the season is absurd. He could very well end up winning MVP, but we've got 75 games to go and a lot can transpire over that amount of time.

And look, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I completely disagree with the notion that Jokic is on his own tier and another level above everybody else in the league. The only guys I've seen reach that level over the last 30 years are peak Jordan, Shaq & LeBron. If I wanted to win a title this year I would easily take Durant, Giannis, Curry and a healthy Kawhi over Jokic come playoff time, and I'd bet good money very few people would pick Jokic over all of those guys either.

8Ball
11-03-2021, 02:53 PM
He’s been essentially tiered up over the league IMO.

These aren’t Steve Nash, Dirk, or Kobe MVP’s he’s about to win, b2b.

This is easily in that 09 and 10 LeBron, 15 and 16 Curry category.

And I say that because he came back AFTER an MVP better and skinnier, leading to really good defense to start this year.

LeBron was a better shooter after his first MVP, Curry was Jesus after his for a while there.

Jokic is basically mutant version of Magic, Bird, and some unknown role player DNA that plays adequate, hell very good defense.

He’s sitting on 33 PER in an anti-stat pad season, league ORTG just slammed back to late 00’s levels and he’s ****ing toying with teams even more.

He won the MVP, what you mean? He's extremely skilled.

He'd be on 2009 LeBron level if he was also all defensive.

StrongLurk
11-03-2021, 04:48 PM
I've been saying he was a superstar since 2019 and even made a thread recently that he is basically a 7-foot Larry Bird on offense.

FultzNationRISE
11-03-2021, 04:57 PM
First of all, to act like Jokic has a 2nd MVP on lock two weeks into the season is absurd. He could very well end up winning MVP, but we've got 75 games to go and a lot can transpire over that amount of time.

And look, everyone's entitled to their opinion, but I completely disagree with the notion that Jokic is on his own tier and another level above everybody else in the league. The only guys I've seen reach that level over the last 30 years are peak Jordan, Shaq & LeBron. If I wanted to win a title this year I would easily take Durant, Giannis, Curry and a healthy Kawhi over Jokic come playoff time, and I'd bet good money very few people would pick Jokic over all of those guys either.

:biggums:

I see why OP made this thread.

Joker’s impact getting hella underrated.

Outside of LeGorgeous, it would be ridiculous to take a perimeter guy over the type of production he gives you at that size.

BigShotBob
11-03-2021, 04:58 PM
Unfortunately for him he won a weak MVP through injuries and the real top players missing games.

ShawkFactory
11-03-2021, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately for him he won a weak MVP through injuries and the real top players missing games.

His numbers were outrageous

RRR3
11-03-2021, 06:37 PM
You’re a ****ing idiot lmao

tpols
11-03-2021, 06:41 PM

This is worse than 3ball level trolling. Durant is a ***** who just gets his own, Kawhi literally misses time all the time, and Giannis needed a tidal wave of opponent injuries to come close. You're literally hating on a 7 foot Larry bird. Let that sink in.

SouBeachTalents
11-03-2021, 06:50 PM
This is worse than 3ball level trolling. Durant is a ***** who just gets his own, Kawhi literally misses time all the time, and Giannis needed a tidal wave of opponent injuries to come close. You're literally hating on a 7 foot Larry bird. Let that sink in.
Taking still prime top 20 talents ever in Durant or Curry over Jokic means I'm hating on him? Y'all are being ridiculous with the hyperbole.

And I already know you're gonna try some pointless semantic argument over the word you bolded. If "easily" upsets you, try definitely or clearly instead. Which I would, not sure why some people find that so outrageous. I wouldn't freak out if anybody took Jokic.

tpols
11-03-2021, 07:01 PM
I wouldn't freak out if anybody took Jokic.

When you say you'd easily... or definitely... or whatever adverb you want to encompass to relay the notion its not close, you can't leave that ^ quote as your finishing statement.

You used to clown Kawhi for losing to jokic... Head to head... with a better team and 3-1 lead.

And now you say you'd easily take Kawhi over him.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-03-2021, 07:08 PM
He is never going to be the best player in the game because his defense.

Last year he got swept and 2020 was Jamal Murray's run. So we need to see Jokic be the clear cut best player on a team that goes deep into the playoffs.

SouBeachTalents
11-03-2021, 07:11 PM
When you say you'd easily... or definitely... or whatever adverb you want to encompass to relay the notion its not close, you can't leave that ^ quote as your finishing statement.

You used to clown Kawhi for losing to jokic... Head to head... with a better team and 3-1 lead.

And now you say you'd easily take Kawhi over him.
Well, this definitely seems like arguing semantics. If I was offered Durant/Curry or Jokic for the upcoming playoffs I'm taking the former and really wouldn't think twice about it. That doesn't mean I don't think Jokic is in their class, it's just my personal opinion and preference. Same with if I got guaranteed health for Kawhi. Curry & Kawhi have proven they can lead teams to titles, and Durant very likely would've last year if not for unlucky breaks.

SATAN
11-03-2021, 10:24 PM
The Choker

FultzNationRISE
11-03-2021, 10:30 PM
Must have been reading this thread. 34/11/5 tonight on 20 shots. Made everything down the stretch to keep his team in it, tho couldnt hit the buzzer beater to send it to OT.

He’s definitely gonna deserve the MVP again this year barring injury. Whether or not the voters give it to him will obviously be another story.

BigShotBob
11-04-2021, 12:50 AM
You’re a ****ing idiot lmao

Watch your mouth little boy.

But where's the lie?

Akeem34TheDream
11-04-2021, 03:21 AM
KD Curry Kawhi
Giannis
Lebron Jokic
Embiid Doncic
That would be my tier list but they all are very close and health is excluded.

999Guy
11-04-2021, 12:17 PM
Well, this definitely seems like arguing semantics. If I was offered Durant/Curry or Jokic for the upcoming playoffs I'm taking the former and really wouldn't think twice about it. That doesn't mean I don't think Jokic is in their class, it's just my personal opinion and preference. Same with if I got guaranteed health for Kawhi. Curry & Kawhi have proven they can lead teams to titles, and Durant very likely would've last year if not for unlucky breaks.

Your deducing ability is just low. You don’t even have a process in brain for coming up with opinions. Or at least you can explain anyway. Which is fine, but please be less arrogant next time.

Axe
11-04-2021, 12:20 PM
He is never going to be the best player in the game because his defense.

Last year he got swept and 2020 was Jamal Murray's run. So we need to see Jokic be the clear cut best player on a team that goes deep into the playoffs.
But that doesn't change the fact that he and his teammates came back from a 3-1 deficit tho. Your hero choking against 7'1 brian windhorst might be one of the best turnarounds the league has ever seen.

11-04-2021, 12:29 PM
Your deducing ability is just low. You don’t even have a process in brain for coming up with opinions. Or at least you can explain anyway. Which is fine, but please be less arrogant next time.
the irony levels in this post are off the charts, but I guess this is just par for the course in your "jokic is literally the michael jordan of this league" thread

SouBeachTalents
11-04-2021, 01:01 PM
Less arrogant? Like claiming Jokic is by FAR the best player in the league? FOH :lol

tontoz
11-04-2021, 01:06 PM
Less arrogant? Like claiming Jokic is by FAR the best player in the league? FOH :lol

If you take into account availability he has been. In the previous 3 seasons he only missed two games. All the other top players have missed significant time.

SouBeachTalents
11-04-2021, 01:13 PM
If you take into account availability he has been. In the previous 3 seasons he only missed two games. All the other top players have missed significant time.
Giannis has been mostly healthy and has won 2 MVP’s, DPOY & FMVP over that same timeframe.

ShawkFactory
11-04-2021, 01:27 PM
Watch your mouth little boy.

But where's the lie?

KD and Lebron and Kawhi missing games is not why Jokic won MVP

tpols
11-04-2021, 01:33 PM
Giannis has been mostly healthy and has won 2 MVP’s, DPOY & FMVP over that same timeframe.

If Jokic had Giannis help and got to play in the eastern conference against a slew of heavily injured teams he'd win too. The Nuggets are a total joke without Jokic. While the Bucks literally sealed the ECFs without Giannis altogether.

tontoz
11-04-2021, 01:38 PM

True Giannis has also been healthy. The rest haven't.

tpols
11-04-2021, 01:41 PM
True Giannis has also been healthy. The rest haven't.

Giannis missed the end of the ECFs and his team still won without him.

tontoz
11-04-2021, 01:42 PM
Giannis missed the end of the ECFs and his team still won without him.

Yeah but i can't say Jokic is heads and shoulders above Giannis because of that.

Giannis has also had some issues in the playoffs, even this year from the foul line, but he has still been great.

SouBeachTalents
11-04-2021, 01:44 PM
If Jokic had Giannis help and got to play in the eastern conference against a slew of heavily injured teams he'd win too. The Nuggets are a total joke without Jokic. While the Bucks literally sealed the ECFs without Giannis altogether.
I'm in full agreement with you and have been arguing for the last 4 months about how unprecedentedly lucky the Bucks title run was last year. That still doesn't change the fact that Jokic is not on some other tier as a player than Giannis. That's all I've been arguing, you could call him the BITW and I'd have no qualms about it. But in his own tier like he's 2000 Shaq? Nah, that's too far.

tpols
11-04-2021, 01:56 PM
Yeah but i can't say Jokic is heads and shoulders above Giannis because of that.

Giannis has also had some issues in the playoffs, even this year from the foul line, but he has still been great.

I'm not saying he's head and shoulders above, just that even Jokic has been more durable. It makes sense since he doesn't rely on explosive athleticism to dominate. Just picks teams apart like a chess match.

tontoz
11-04-2021, 02:07 PM
I'm not saying he's head and shoulders above, just that even Jokic has been more durable. It makes sense since he doesn't rely on explosive athleticism to dominate. Just picks teams apart like a chess match.

I love the Joker's game but i can't take anything from Giannis. He was questionable for game 1 of the finals and ended up having a monster series. He averaged 35/13/5 with a TS of 66%.

But yeah Jokic has been the most durable star in the league. Even Giannis has missed roughly 10 games a year for the past 3 years.

hold this L
11-04-2021, 02:08 PM

He was amazing last season and would have had an even better record if his #2 didn't get injured. He was also better than Embiid, who everyone acted like he was the best player but didn't win just because of injuries. I don't get why people don't give the man his due respect.

Granted OP is on something, absolutely ludicrous statement.

999Guy
11-07-2021, 06:08 AM
https://twitter.com/KGsGOAT/status/1455602950005530631

This entire Twitter thread pretty much shows what the average dummy fan here or anywhere else doesn’t have the ability to perceive on their own.

Jokic is playing so far out of anything close to something typical, whether it be for an MVP or just a star player that it can’t even be comprehended to a dummy.

Make no mistake Jokic won an MVP last year like Magic Johnson or Steve Nash. Pure one way ball. But he was so ****ing unbelievable, and rare kind of good on offense he easily won.

He’s come back anchoring a top 2 defense with who around him? Where are the monster defenders? And he’s STILL better than possibly everyone in a loaded NBA on offense. Only person close is Curry.

This is a freaky ****ing odd hypothetical season like, “what if Dwight Howard was Dirk level as a shooter?”

“What if Steve Nash played defense like Kawhi Leonard?”

“What if LeBron could shoot like Curry?”

iamgine
11-07-2021, 07:35 AM
Last season Denver didn't win that much, and then got swept by the Suns.

Akeem34TheDream
11-07-2021, 08:17 AM
Jokic is at a point where he needs to perform in the playoffs to get the credit.

BigShotBob
11-07-2021, 08:48 AM
He was amazing last season and would have had an even better record if his #2 didn't get injured. He was also better than Embiid, who everyone acted like he was the best player but didn't win just because of injuries. I don't get why people don't give the man his due respect.

Granted OP is on something, absolutely ludicrous statement.

I respect his game a lot actually and I understand that his circumstances aren't the best but we could have said that about a lot of teams last year due to injuries.

The best player in terms of actually producing and impacting the game last year was Kevin Durant. He was number 1 in holding his opposing position's field goal percentage to its lowest, right above Anthony Davis and Draymond Green. He was absolutely elite on both sides of the court.

Jokic is a great passer and player especially in the post but the problem with players like him is that their dominance is tied with the talent of the team around them.

tpols
11-07-2021, 09:21 AM
Last season Denver didn't win that much, and then got swept by the Suns.

His 2nd leading scorer was will Barton. Nobody in history wins with that cast.

tpols
11-07-2021, 09:24 AM
https://twitter.com/KGsGOAT/status/1455602950005530631

This entire Twitter thread pretty much shows what the average dummy fan here or anywhere else doesn’t have the ability to perceive on their own.

Jokic is playing so far out of anything close to something typical, whether it be for an MVP or just a star player that it can’t even be comprehended to a dummy.

Make no mistake Jokic won an MVP last year like Magic Johnson or Steve Nash. Pure one way ball. But he was so ****ing unbelievable, and rare kind of good on offense he easily won.

He’s come back anchoring a top 2 defense with who around him? Where are the monster defenders? And he’s STILL better than possibly everyone in a loaded NBA on offense. Only person close is Curry.

This is a freaky ****ing odd hypothetical season like, “what if Dwight Howard was Dirk level as a shooter?”

“What if Steve Nash played defense like Kawhi Leonard?”

“What if LeBron could shoot like Curry?”

Wow nuggets are 2nd in DRTG and Jokic has by far the most positive defensive numbers for what its worth. Everybody else is in the negative.

MPJ is shooting 41 TS.

:biggums:

straight ass...

iamgine
11-07-2021, 09:30 AM
His 2nd leading scorer was will Barton. Nobody in history wins with that cast.

Thats not even correct.

RRR3
11-07-2021, 09:35 AM
I respect his game a lot actually and I understand that his circumstances aren't the best but we could have said that about a lot of teams last year due to injuries.

The best player in terms of actually producing and impacting the game last year was Kevin Durant. He was number 1 in holding his opposing position's field goal percentage to its lowest, right above Anthony Davis and Draymond Green. He was absolutely elite on both sides of the court.

Jokic is a great passer and player especially in the post but the problem with players like him is that their dominance is tied with the talent of the team around them.
Durant was not better than Curry last year lmao

SouBeachTalents
11-07-2021, 10:41 AM
Regular season nah. He was balling out of his mind in the playoffs though.

tpols
11-07-2021, 10:52 AM
Thats not even correct.

Yes it is. Will Barton averaged 16 ppg against the suns which was 2nd highest average after Jokic.

iamgine
11-07-2021, 11:05 AM
Yes it is. Will Barton averaged 16 ppg against the suns which was 2nd highest average after Jokic.

Got swept though. And Denver's 2nd leading scorer wasn't Will Barton.

BigShotBob
11-07-2021, 04:34 PM

Durant proved he was the best in the world in the post season and the Olympics

999Guy
11-09-2021, 12:42 AM
He’s playing a different game than everyone else. Godball

TheCorporation
11-09-2021, 01:14 AM
He’s playing a different game than everyone else. Godball

I heard he took out Kawhi and Paul George in the 2020 playoffs too and was headed to the Finals until he ran into LeFreight James.

999Guy
11-15-2021, 10:09 AM
He’s been even better than when I made this thread.

It’s like if peak Steve Nash had peak Tony Allen’s defense.

But really offensively he’s a Magic/Bird hybrid, which in a playoff series, is just scarier than what Curry is. Even though Curry is right at that level. You can take things from Curry. Wtf can you game plan against a Magic/Bird hybrid?

ShawkFactory
11-15-2021, 10:47 AM
He’s kind of making the game of basketball look way too easy.

Blazers32
11-15-2021, 10:48 AM
What about Jokic defense?

tontoz
11-15-2021, 11:30 AM
What about Jokic defense?

From what i have seen his defense is better since he lost weight. Denver is currently 3rd in defensive efficiency.