PDA

View Full Version : MJ determined to prove he's still greater than LBJ, a player many consider his equal

ELITEpower23
11-03-2021, 11:31 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/hvjtC1fh/729929e202783nci3939jd32.jpg

Don't worry Pip, most already know LeBron is superior.

8Ball
11-03-2021, 11:34 PM
Pippen said what everyone knows.

LeBron's success eats at Jordan every day.

The 2016 parade was so painful for Jordan.

Baller789
11-03-2021, 11:37 PM

So "everyone" has Lebron as GOAT?

ELITEpower23
11-04-2021, 12:17 AM

Pains them to this day.

They know that nothing Jordan ever did came even close to 2016 and no ill-timed documentary could ever compensate for MJ's lack of top-tiered success.

ImKobe
11-04-2021, 01:19 AM

MJ is more accomplished than Lebron on & off the court lmao.

Baller789
11-04-2021, 04:21 AM
Pains them to this day.

They know that nothing Jordan ever did came even close to 2016 and no ill-timed documentary could ever compensate for MJ's lack of top-tiered success.

So Lebron is the undisputed GOAT?

Spurs m8
11-04-2021, 04:32 AM
Most don't consider them equal...dipshit lmao

Only bron stans with no idea or integrity.

His peak never reached MJ or close
He couldn't do shit without colluding
His averages are inferior
Just empty stat padder

He is nothing but a manufactured superstar.

Only low iq basketball fans and dumb types in life, stan him

Look at 8owling 8all and wheels and rrr ....
Enough said

hateraid
11-04-2021, 04:54 AM

Just empty stat padder

Enough said

Michael Jordan is the most manufactured athlete of all time...any sport. **** outta here with that.

2much_knowledge
11-04-2021, 08:08 AM
For a " " superior " " player, he is way less accomplished and taking alot of extra seasons to catch up

8Ball
11-04-2021, 08:12 AM
Pains them to this day.

Yup.

Scottie Pippen is the most damning evidence of this.

Everyone knows Brons success eats at Jordan. Jordan knows he wasn't the all round physical athlete that Bron is. So he had to green light a propaganda film about himself and denigrate his old teammates to prop himself up more against Bron.

So pathetic how small Jordan is. Jordan's beloved teammate that won 6 chips for him now hates him.

What a legacy.

You don't see Kyrie, Love, Wade, Bosh ever say 1 bad word about Bron. LeBron is above Jordan in game play and character.

ELITEpower23
11-04-2021, 08:13 AM
For a " " superior " " player, he is way less accomplished and taking alot of extra seasons to catch up

LBJ passed MJ in 2016 or 2017.

MJ is the one that needs more seasons if he wants to catch up.

8Ball
11-04-2021, 08:15 AM
Yup.

Scottie Pippen is the most damning evidence of this.

Everyone knows Brons success eats at Jordan. Jordan knows he wasn't the all round physical athlete that Bron is. So he had to green light a propaganda film about himself and denigrate his old teammates to prop himself up more against Bron.

So pathetic how small Jordan is. Jordan's beloved teammate that won 6 chips for him now hates him.

What a legacy.

You don't see Kyrie, Love, Wade, Bosh ever say 1 bad word about Bron. LeBron is above Jordan in game play and character.

This poster speaks truth. Everytime I read this poster's words of wisdom it's like seeing sunlight.

8Ball
11-04-2021, 08:18 AM
MJ is more accomplished than Lebron on & off the court lmao.

Pippen just spat in Jordan's face. That's what Jordan's old teammates think about Jordan. Humiliating.

2much_knowledge
11-04-2021, 10:47 AM
LBJ passed MJ in 2016 or 2017.

MJ is the one that needs more seasons if he wants to catch up.

Jordan is not the one who is 2 rings, 1 mvp, 2 fmvps, 1 dpoy, 2 three peats, 2 steal leading short you know

Bronbron23
11-04-2021, 10:56 AM
https://i.postimg.cc/hvjtC1fh/729929e202783nci3939jd32.jpg

Don't worry Pip, most already know LeBron is superior.

Most lebron stains maybe. Literally every poll ever has mj significantly ahead of bron.

Shit i really have to get a pass to this alternate reality yall bron stans live in. "Most" :roll:

Axe
11-04-2021, 11:04 AM
Nope. Kobe is the goat, you fools. ;)

Oh wait.

2much_knowledge
11-04-2021, 01:02 PM
Most lebron stains maybe. Literally every poll ever has mj significantly ahead of bron.

Shit i really have to get a pass to this alternate reality yall bron stans live in. "Most" :roll:

Most.... lol, if you remove all the polls, all the networks top 10s, 70% of Nba players opinions and magazines with cross goats of each sport competing against each other..... then you will see lolololol

Gudo
11-04-2021, 01:08 PM
Most.... lol, if you remove all the polls, all the networks top 10s, 70% of Nba players opinions and magazines with cross goats of each sport competing against each other..... then you will see lolololol

This is the only place jordan and other greats are trashed. This is branstan mecca.

dankok8
11-04-2021, 02:04 PM
What did Pippen want? To be mentioned as Jordan's equal? Sounds pretty unrealistic to me. The Last Dance showed Jordan as the best player on those teams because he was the best player on those teams.

Airupthere
11-04-2021, 02:20 PM
What did Pippen want? To be mentioned as Jordan's equal? Sounds pretty unrealistic to me. The Last Dance showed Jordan as the best player on those teams because he was the best player on those teams.

I honestly don't know what pippen wants. He is recognized to be one of the all time greats. He has 6 rings. Jordan acknowledges his importance, even in his HOF speech, he starts off by saying "there is no michael jordan without scottie pippen". How else should it be phrased so that pipeen won't find it absolutely "condescending" to him?

Bronbron23
11-04-2021, 02:45 PM

Lol yeah man wtf are these dudes smoking that has them in a different world like that

chefcurry
11-04-2021, 02:58 PM
if social media was around back when MJ dominated, the debate would be very different. MJ doesn't get enough hype.

chefcurry
11-04-2021, 02:59 PM
recency bias too

2much_knowledge
11-04-2021, 03:12 PM
recency bias too

That is all there is to it. People have short memory or want to talk about eras they don't really know

And we have to hear unrealistic garbage like

Lebron > mj
Leonard > kobe
Durant > Bird
Kyrie > Iverson

And... Butler > drexler lololol

Airupthere
11-04-2021, 03:29 PM
That is all there is to it. People have short memory or want to talk about eras they don't really know

And we have to hear unrealistic garbage like

Lebron > mj
Leonard > kobe
Durant > Bird
Kyrie > Iverson

And... Butler > drexler lololol

It's all from the same group lol

sdot_thadon
11-04-2021, 04:16 PM

I seriously doubt he's delusional enough to think he's Mike's equal. I'm pretty sure it's just getting the proper recognition that being the other cornerstone of a dynasty deserves, just like all the others before him garnered. You don't win 6 rings because one guy is good. Maybe you can pull off a couple at most but not 6. I'm sure he sees the stuff Jordan devotees do to his name and he dislikes it.....

sdot_thadon
11-04-2021, 04:18 PM

The funniest part of this post is: as a Jordan fan you feel excluded from this statement, when in fact you did and continue to do to this day the exact same thing to the previous eras you didn't grow up with. Irony.

dankok8
11-04-2021, 04:28 PM
I seriously doubt he's delusional enough to think he's Mike's equal. I'm pretty sure it's just getting the proper recognition that being the other cornerstone of a dynasty deserves, just like all the others before him garnered. You don't win 6 rings because one guy is good. Maybe you can pull off a couple at most but not 6. I'm sure he sees the stuff Jordan devotees do to his name and he dislikes it.....

Pippen does get proper recognition. He ranked #22 on the latest ESPN list which is by most people's opinion actually too high. SLAM magazine ranked him a hardly justifiable #20 all time ahead of Wade, Barkley, Malone, Garnett, Dirk... If there is Pippen hate I don't see it. Isolated morons like 3ball and Skip Bayless don't count.

sdot_thadon
11-04-2021, 04:45 PM
Pippen does get proper recognition. He ranked #22 on the latest ESPN list which is by most people's opinion actually too high. SLAM magazine ranked him a hardly justifiable #20 all time ahead of Wade, Barkley, Malone, Garnett, Dirk... If there is Pippen hate I don't see it. Isolated morons like 3ball and Skip Bayless don't count.

I think I'd have a huge problem with the perception that Mike "did it alone" tho. Pippen is a bona-fide hall of famer himself. Not a guy who scraped in. The perception that Mj single handedly delivered his chips is the problem imo.

Airupthere
11-04-2021, 05:09 PM
I think I'd have a huge problem with the perception that Mike "did it alone" tho. Pippen is a bona-fide hall of famer himself. Not a guy who scraped in. The perception that Mj single handedly delivered his chips is the problem imo.

I dont know that that was the predominant narrative over the years. When you talk of the Bulls dynasty, it's always been MJ, pippen, rodman, horace, kukoc, bj, pax, heck even the lefty dunk by by randy brown is memorable. When discussing MJ's greatness, of course the 6/6 rings are brought up to his name. If anything, it is lebron that's being projected as carrying teammates and that his teammates suck. Case in point with AD and kyrie being downplayed, and the disacknowledgement of his superteams.

sdot_thadon
11-04-2021, 06:20 PM
I dont know that that was the predominant narrative over the years. When you talk of the Bulls dynasty, it's always been MJ, pippen, rodman, horace, kukoc, bj, pax, heck even the lefty dunk by by randy brown is memorable. When discussing MJ's greatness, of course the 6/6 rings are brought up to his name. If anything, it is lebron that's being projected as carrying teammates and that his teammates suck. Case in point with AD and kyrie being downplayed, and the disacknowledgement of his superteams.

That's definitely the narrative kicked around by Mj stans. News flash: all stan level fans have ridiculous narratives. Lebron fans do that because they learned to from our generation lol. Lebron has had some superteams, and so has Mj. Its when you decide to weaponize these dumb povs that you get the mess we have here.

SATAN
11-04-2021, 07:37 PM
Lmao@LeBron being protected. MJ stans are so delusional. Poor North Koreans.

3ba11
11-04-2021, 07:43 PM
That's definitely the narrative kicked around by Mj stans. News flash: all stan level fans have ridiculous narratives. Lebron fans do that because they learned to from our generation lol. Lebron has had some superteams, and so has Mj. Its when you decide to weaponize these dumb povs that you get the mess we have here.

Nope, Jordan never had a super-team and never even had a 3rd star

So you're just lying because you're embarrassed that Lebron always had a 3rd perennial all-star teammate (super-team) and Jordan didn't

SATAN
11-04-2021, 07:55 PM
The MJ/Chicago fans I knew back in the day were calling that 90s Bulls squad the best team ever.

Funnily enough, LeBron actually did beat the real best team ever.

dankok8
11-04-2021, 08:40 PM

Obviously MJ didn't do it single-handedly. Whoever says that is an idiot. It's certainly not even a plurality of people who think that.

TheCorporation
11-04-2021, 10:34 PM

So you're just lying because you're embarrassed that Lebron always had a 3rd perennial all-star teammate (super-team) and Jordan didn't

Isolated morons like 3ball and Skip Bayless don't count.

:lol

sdot_thadon
11-04-2021, 11:23 PM
Obviously MJ didn't do it single-handedly. Whoever says that is an idiot. It's certainly not even a plurality of people who think that.

Right but much like other unpopular sports takes, there are enough to make it a live narrative. Remember, the narrative doesn't disappear simply because we don't agree with it. The guys that think lebron isn't in the goat convo are living that reality indefinitely.

Baller789
11-04-2021, 11:25 PM
Funnily enough, LeBron actually did beat the real best team ever.
Which team was that?

2much_knowledge
11-04-2021, 11:31 PM
Which team was that?

Imma laugh if he tries to imply golden state lol

2much_knowledge
11-04-2021, 11:40 PM
The funniest part of this post is: as a Jordan fan you feel excluded from this statement, when in fact you did and continue to do to this day the exact same thing to the previous eras you didn't grow up with. Irony.

Not at all. The only guys i have trouble ranking are Bill/Wilt/Oscar/Jerry. And still, they all make my top 15. Bailor is another tricky one. But i still respect his game. I respect players like bernard king, rick barry, earl monroe, pistol pete, willis reed, hondo, elvin hayes, mcHale and such. Specially the doctor, who could have easily been top 10 if he had arrived in the Nba at 19

SaintzFury13
11-05-2021, 12:12 AM

He had Horace Grant in the first three peat and Dennis Rodman in the second three peat. They were all star level players at one point in their career, therefor going by your logic, they count.

Gimmedarock
11-05-2021, 09:28 AM
Bron be GOAT.

Bron been Goat bruh.

97 bulls
11-05-2021, 11:01 AM

Jordan had 3 other hall of farmers with him. Forget Allstars. He had hall of famers. Kukoc, Pippen, and Rodman

Gudo
11-05-2021, 11:16 AM
MJ must have predicted the future quite well then. He had the crew document this back then for this exact moment to "prove his dominance". :oldlol:

sdot_thadon
11-05-2021, 04:33 PM
Not at all. The only guys i have trouble ranking are Bill/Wilt/Oscar/Jerry. And still, they all make my top 15. Bailor is another tricky one. But i still respect his game. I respect players like bernard king, rick barry, earl monroe, pistol pete, willis reed, hondo, elvin hayes, mcHale and such. Specially the doctor, who could have easily been top 10 if he had arrived in the Nba at 19

It's exactly that, you just in your own words said you have no problem rating the previous generation when you didn't see them. You also rate Mj over plenty you've never seen, so how are you any different than the guys your post refers to?

3ba11
11-05-2021, 07:43 PM

You guys got poor grades or something and have the worst reading comp possible.. If you read my posts and come away with thinking Jordan won the titles by himself, then you're just a dumbass and not really reading my posts or simply incapable of understanding them.

When Jordan scores 35 and Pippen scores 20, that isn't single-handled.

But it's closer than when Lebron gets 40 and Kyrie gets 40, or both guys averaging 28 together in the Finals.

So when I point out that Lebron needed equal-scoring partners and Jordan didn't - that doesn't mean "Jordan won single-handedly"... It means that Jordan was closer to winning single-handedly than Lebron (a pretty strong argument that he's better).

BigShotBob
11-05-2021, 08:13 PM
He had Horace Grant in the first three peat and Dennis Rodman in the second three peat. They were all star level players at one point in their career, therefor going by your logic, they count.

Hindsight bias and winner's bias.

If MJ had lost more we'd say that Horace Grant just wasnt good enough to win a title. Or Paxon or Kerr or Cartwright or Longley. But because he won now everyone knows who they are. It's just funny how that works.

Airupthere
11-05-2021, 08:19 PM

If MJ had lost more we'd say that Horace Grant just wasnt good enough to win a title. Or Paxon or Kerr or Cartwright or Longley. But because he won now everyone knows who they are. It's just funny how that works.

This

kawhileonard2
11-05-2021, 11:23 PM

Just empty stat padder

Enough said

Also these

List of who beat Jordan, Lebron and Kobe in a tournament setting
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495710-List-of-who-beat-Jordan-Lebron-and-Kobe-in-a-tournament-setting

Giannis just destroyed LeBron’s entire career and legacy with a single quote
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496010-Giannis-just-destroyed-LeBron%92s-entire-career-and-legacy-with-a-single-quote

Lebron with Shaq - 2nd round exit, Giannis with Middleton a Title
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495940-Lebron-with-Shaq-2nd-round-exit-Giannis-with-Middleton-a-Title

Giannis Finals is greater than Anything Lebron ever did.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495947-Giannis-Finals-is-greater-than-Anything-Lebron-ever-did

Giannis just blasted those who join super teams in post conference interview
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?495955-Giannis-just-blasted-those-who-join-super-teams-in-post-conference-interview

Devin Booker Vs Lebron James - who is better currently?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493982-Devin-Booker-Vs-Lebron-James-who-is-better-currently

Devin Booker put up 47 his playoff career high on Lebron .....
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496095-Devin-Booker-put-up-47-his-playoff-career-high-on-Lebron

Lebron won 2 bronze medals for the United States of America. How?
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496253-Lebron-won-2-bronze-medals-for-the-United-States-of-America-How

Why did he embarrass the United States of America losing to inferior competition with another top 5 player all time on the squad and other guys who won league mvp in the NBA?

https://www.basketball-reference.com/olympics/years/2004/
https://www.basketball-reference.com/olympics/games/2004-08-27-USA-ARG

http://www.espn.com/olympics/wbc2006/news/story?id=2568543

Lebron with Tim Duncan = Bronze Medal in Olympics, Vince with KG = Gold Medal
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496256-Lebron-with-Tim-Duncan-Bronze-Medal-in-Olympics-Vince-with-KG-Gold-Medal

Lebron with Carlos Boozer - No Playoffs, Deron Williams with Carlos Boozer - WCF.
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496255-Lebron-with-Carlos-Boozer-No-Playoffs-Deron-Williams-with-Carlos-Boozer-WCF

Lebron stacking the deck in 2022 because he is afraid of Devin Booker
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496549-Lebron-stacking-the-deck-in-2022-because-he-is-afraid-of-Devin-Booker

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?492941-1-Title-in-11-Years-for-the-Franchise-that-you-originally-played-for

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?496831-times-when-each-top-10-player-all-time-Lost-when-they-were-expected-to-win

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?486706-Rob-Parker-LeBron-is-the-FFOAT

SATAN
11-05-2021, 11:31 PM

"But because he won"

lmao. Well done to MJ winning games all by himself. Sure.

dankok8
11-06-2021, 01:12 AM
You guys got poor grades or something and have the worst reading comp possible.. If you read my posts and come away with thinking Jordan won the titles by himself, then you're just a dumbass and not really reading my posts or simply incapable of understanding them.

But it's closer than when Lebron gets 40 and Kyrie gets 40, or both guys averaging 28 together in the Finals.

So when I point out that Lebron needed equal-scoring partners and Jordan didn't - that doesn't mean "Jordan won single-handedly"... It means that Jordan was closer to winning single-handedly than Lebron (a pretty strong argument that he's better).

Oh I read your posts. And the single-handedly comment wasn't referring to you.

Anyways...

Not everything you say is bad but calling Pippen a bum just makes you look bad. Like a more obsessed version of Skip Bayless... When I listen to Skip I actually find myself agreeing with some of what he says but he's lost all credibility on the topic of Jordan or Lebron. And so have you...

3ba11
11-06-2021, 04:03 PM
Oh I read your posts. And the single-handedly comment wasn't referring to you.

Anyways...

Not everything you say is bad but calling Pippen a bum just makes you look bad. Like a more obsessed version of Skip Bayless... When I listen to Skip I actually find myself agreeing with some of what he says but he's lost all credibility on the topic of Jordan or Lebron. And so have you...

Anyone that averages 15.7 in 2 Finals is a bum

or 19.0 on 42% in 6 Finals with 0/6 FMVP

anyone that won 3 Finals needed a teammate to achieve FMVP or 25 ppg for at least 1 of the Finals, but Pippen is 0/6 in FMVP and peaked at 21 ppg.. That's the definition of "bum"

the list goes on and on... I'm just using Pippen's own stats and performance to say he's a bum... and he was

In today's game, he wouldn't get away with such bum stats, so people would correctly call him a defensive role player and Pandemic P - he got away with it back then because the reporting and tracking was poor, so people just looked at ring count.

ELITEpower23
11-06-2021, 04:11 PM

Isolated morons like 3ball and Skip Bayless don't count.

sdot_thadon
11-06-2021, 04:13 PM
Anyone that averages 15.7 in 2 Finals is a bum

or 19.0 on 42% in 6 Finals with 0/6 FMVP

anyone that won 3 Finals needed a teammate to achieve FMVP or 25 ppg for at least 1 of the Finals, but Pippen is 0/6 in FMVP and peaked at 21 ppg.. That's the definition of "bum"

the list goes on and on... I'm just using Pippen's own stats and performance to say he's a bum... and he was

In today's game, he wouldn't get away with such bum stats, so people would correctly call him a defensive role player and Pandemic P - he got away with it back then because the reporting and tracking was poor, so people just looked at ring count.

Anybody who only rates the game of basketball through a scoring lense is a bum, and likely a selfish one at that......

3ba11
11-06-2021, 08:44 PM
Anybody who only rates the game of basketball through a scoring lense is a bum, and likely a selfish one at that......

Pippen only averaged 5 apg and Jordan averaged more.. Jordan was the only elite playmaker on the Bulls that could average more than 7 apg and actually get elite apg in a season or series.

Jordan also got more DPOY votes every year and was considered the better defender.

Pippen is simply a low-producing bum that wasn't elite in any aspect of the game.... There's many scenarios where Kukoc is the more valuable and better player.. That's how low the "pippen" bar is.

SATAN
11-06-2021, 08:53 PM
Post his address...

2much_knowledge
11-07-2021, 04:25 AM
Pippen only averaged 5 apg and Jordan averaged more.. Jordan was the only elite playmaker on the Bulls that could average more than 7 apg and actually get elite apg in a season or series.

Jordan also got more DPOY votes every year and was considered the better defender.

Pippen is simply a low-producing bum that wasn't elite in any aspect of the game.... There's many scenarios where Kukoc is the more valuable and better player.. That's how low the "pippen" bar is.

Pippen was not a bum and you sometimes go the extreme to prove your point.

Pippen was borderline great. However...

Pierce
Drexler
Kyrie
Barkley
Wade
Carter
Tmac
Hill
Penny
Isiah
Kidd
Harden
Pg13

All of them are better than Pippen

BigShotBob
11-07-2021, 09:02 AM
"But because he won"

lmao. Well done to MJ winning games all by himself. Sure.

Pain.

MJ carried them. If he came up short and lost more often, the Bulls as a whole wouldn't be as lauded. Now kids name drop Steve Kerr and Paxon as if they were out there averaging 6 threes a game.