PDA

View Full Version : Here is the real reason why people don't want to take the vaccine

Walk on Water
11-07-2021, 02:55 AM
Let's be frank here and talk about the real reason. People want an excuse not to work. That's what it is. I'm sorry if this offends some of you. It's the truth. And I'm not calling you out, but it is the fact. The vaccine was already FDA approved. People said that it wasn't FDA approved and once it got approved, it wasn't enough. The truth is it has nothing to do with any of that. People just don't want to have jobs anymore. That's why so many are moving in with friends and relatives after quitting.

It has nothing to do with being afraid of the vaccine. You couldn't pay me to believe it. It's just the perfect excuse for people to not have jobs anymore. If you can't see this, you're naive. This was never about the fear of some vaccine.

jstern
11-07-2021, 03:43 AM
Interesting.

But what about Aaron Rodgers? Wouldn't it had been better for him to retire before the season started if he didn't want to work?

And what about the people before the unconstitutional vaccine mandate? Why didn't they get vaccinated before the mandates were a thing?

Walk on Water
11-07-2021, 10:30 AM
Interesting.

But what about Aaron Rodgers? Wouldn't it had been better for him to retire before the season started if he didn't want to work?

And what about the people before the unconstitutional vaccine mandate? Why didn't they get vaccinated before the mandates were a thing?

But Aaron Rodgers is still working right?

HunterSThompson
11-07-2021, 10:40 AM
I had covid and it was nothing. I'm retired and nowhere near 50 so I didn't take the vaccine.

why inject experimental rushed emergency vaccine for something that's barely worse than the flu

you know.if they inject it into your blood stream by mistake you develop heart problems. people are developing blood clots and animals that are tested on die after 5 or 6 experimental vaccines from organ failure. you're not gonna make it 10 years taking this shit lol

Off the Court
11-07-2021, 11:16 AM
why inject experimental rushed emergency vaccine for something that's barely worse than the flu

Oh damn I never thought of it like that.

https://c.tenor.com/Nps5x3mNDtAAAAAM/hmmm-ok.gif

About f@#king time someone brought a fresh new take to the table!

Bronbron23
11-07-2021, 11:53 AM
Let's be frank here and talk about the real reason. People want an excuse not to work. That's what it is. I'm sorry if this offends some of you. It's the truth. And I'm not calling you out, but it is the fact. The vaccine was already FDA approved. People said that it wasn't FDA approved and once it got approved, it wasn't enough. The truth is it has nothing to do with any of that. People just don't want to have jobs anymore. That's why so many are moving in with friends and relatives after quitting.

It has nothing to do with being afraid of the vaccine. You couldn't pay me to believe it. It's just the perfect excuse for people to not have jobs anymore. If you can't see this, you're naive. This was never about the fear of some vaccine.

This is moronic dude. People are literally fighting for their jobs over this. There's lots of reasons why people don't want the vaccine some are good reasons some not so much.

You really can't be this ignorant?

HunterSThompson
11-07-2021, 12:11 PM

well maybe when morons stop treating it like the plague il stop repeating the same shit every single time this subject comes up

the average deaths per day from covid in Ontario is 4

more people per capita die each year from influenza

up to 60,000 die from the flu each year in the states.

60,000 divided by 365 equals 164

the US population is 9 times larger than Canada

164 divided by 9 equals 18

we were under lockdowns when we had around 20 deaths per day here

right now with 4 deaths per day there's a vaccine mandate and people can't work or eat at restaurants

for something that is 1/5th as bad as the common flu at this point in time

Off the Court
11-07-2021, 12:41 PM
well maybe when morons stop treating it like the plague il stop repeating the same shit every single time this subject comes up

the average deaths per day from covid in Ontario is 4

more people per capita die each year from influenza

up to 60,000 die from the flu each year in the states.

60,000 divided by 365 equals 164

the US population is 9 times larger than Canada

164 divided by 9 equals 18

we were under lockdowns when we had around 20 deaths per day here

right now with 4 deaths per day there's a vaccine mandate and people can't work or eat at restaurants

for something that is 1/5th as bad as the common flu at this point in time
I'm just happy someone is finally speaking out!

Yesterday I was walking outside and a gang of vaxxers were hanging out on the backstreet. I was terrified. Couldn't see the vaccine on them but I'm pretty sure they wanted to vax me.

HunterSThompson
11-07-2021, 01:01 PM
I'm just happy someone is finally speaking out!

Yesterday I was walking outside and a gang of vaxxers were hanging out on the backstreet. I was terrified. Couldn't see the vaccine on them but I'm pretty sure they wanted to vax me.

I know this is a gimmick and you're trying to put on a Matthew perry shtick but it's not that funny cause the show friends isn't relevant anymore and the 90s was sorta cringe. I can't even watch terminator 2 anymore. that bad to the bone song playing when he puts his glasses on and gets on the bike is so embarrassing. it's like Bart Simpson humor.

the 90s is just too tame. like how curb your enthusiasm shits on seinfeld now. you can't go back to that shit after seeing real comedy without boundaries. that sitcom era shit is dead. people just wanna leave all that crap from the 90s in the past. like imagine I made an account mimicking Jay Leno. how corny would that be. but back then he was funny cause people were really gay in the 90s

stop pretending to be gay. your real self is plenty gay enough to not get laughs around here

ArbitraryWater
11-07-2021, 03:55 PM

bingo

Walk on Water
11-07-2021, 07:42 PM
This is moronic dude. People are literally fighting for their jobs over this. There's lots of reasons why people don't want the vaccine some are good reasons some not so much.

You really can't be this ignorant?

Either you want to work or you care more about not talking the vaccine than keeping your job. J and J is just one shot.

Vaccine has been FDA approved and is much less dangerous than Covid. If someone loses job then they just needed an excuse to lose their financial responsibilities. Not much too it.

HunterSThompson
11-07-2021, 07:45 PM
Either you want to work or you care more about not talking the vaccine than keeping your job. J and J is just one shot.

its a human rights violation to say someone can't earn money to eat if they don't inject something into their body

Walk on Water
11-07-2021, 07:46 PM
I had covid and it was nothing. I'm retired and nowhere near 50 so I didn't take the vaccine.

you know.if they inject it into your blood stream by mistake you develop heart problems. people are developing blood clots and animals that are tested on die after 5 or 6 experimental vaccines from organ failure. you're not gonna make it 10 years taking this shit lol

It’s not experimental and it’s fda approved. If you’re scared the you’re not as healthy as you claim. I’m not scared.

Walk on Water
11-07-2021, 07:49 PM
its a human rights violation to say someone can't earn money to eat if they don't inject something into their body

There are many ways to earn money. This vaccine is the perfect excuse to leave. That’s basically what it all comes down to. If i gave you 5 million to take it, most would. Not everyone is Kyrie Irving. People think their jobs aren’t worth it anymore.

Bronbron23
11-07-2021, 08:17 PM

Vaccine has been FDA approved and is much less dangerous than Covid. If someone loses job then they just needed an excuse to lose their financial responsibilities. Not much too it.

The point is you shouldn't be forced to make that decision especially if you have a sensible reason not to like prior infection or age and health status. Tell me exactly why someone in those low risk groups should be mandated to take a vaccine for something than mostly affects those in the high risk group? The shit makes zero sense.

Axe
11-07-2021, 08:56 PM
It seems got his new prescriptions of adderalls :(

jstern
11-07-2021, 11:36 PM

Walk on Water is a smart guy. He's really good at playing the devil's advocate in order to get us to think. That's my theory.

GimmeThat
11-08-2021, 02:54 AM
is it possible that the policies behind the vaccine has attributed to climate change?

Walk on Water
11-08-2021, 05:50 AM
The point is you shouldn't be forced to make that decision especially if you have a sensible reason not to like prior infection or age and health status. Tell me exactly why someone in those low risk groups should be mandated to take a vaccine for something than mostly affects those in the high risk group? The shit makes zero sense.

Like I said, just because you're young, doesn't mean you can't pass it on to older people. What don't you understand? You don't care about saving lives? I'm serious. You need to be vaccinated so you don't pass it on.

Bronbron23
11-08-2021, 08:58 AM
Like I said, just because you're young, doesn't mean you can't pass it on to older people. What don't you understand? You don't care about saving lives? I'm serious. You need to be vaccinated so you don't pass it on.

It's not about me wanting to save lives man its about the shit making sense. People like you always come back with that b.s response. It's about saving lives. This is idiotic for one simple reason. The vaccines don't significantly reduce infection or transmission when it comes to delta which is 99.9% of the covid cases. This isn't my opinion btw it's a fact supported by the science and fauci and the cdc. The media are still using talking points from alpha where transmission and infection were reduced by the vaccines but there's no alpha left so you and most people like you who easily trust the media are going on misinformation that's coming from the media. So if the vaccinated are spreading this virus just like the unvaxed are how does your argument make any sense at all?

That's a rhetorical question btw. You'll be stubborn like most people and ignore this fact because that's easier than admitting that you are wrong and spreading misinformation.

hiphopanonymous
11-08-2021, 12:18 PM

You can't get a public education in the united states without vaccines.

You can't travel to other countries or TO the US without vaccines depending on where you went.

You can't legally drive without drivers license

You can't legally even get a license without invasively medically correcting your vision if you can't see clearly. (ever been dilated? A burning CHEMICAL. Invasively forced into your EYE!)

STFU you whiny brat :oldlol:

GimmeThat
11-08-2021, 12:28 PM
You can't get a public education in the united states without vaccines.

You can't travel to other countries or TO the US without vaccines depending on where you went.

You can't legally drive without drivers license

You can't legally even get a license without invasively medically correcting your vision if you can't see clearly. (ever been dilated? A burning CHEMICAL. Invasively forced into your EYE!)

STFU you whiny brat :oldlol:

as long as you behave like daddy's little bitch the way we expect you to when someone does die after being vaccinated, and it's absolutely no one's fault but by pure luck, God's choice.

you're right, it's not a violation of human rights. because nature and nurture are the same after all, aren't they.

tpols
11-08-2021, 12:34 PM
The real reason is we've never had a rushed vaccine forced up on the whole world in every sector public and private, whose manufacturer is immune by law to any suits for damages should they occur, and whose function (mRNA) has never been studied in humans before to determine long term side effects.

Nobody ever had to scan themselves into a restaurant or shop or gym before showing their vaccine status or medical records like how you have to do in NYC right now. People got shots as kids and were good for either life or 10-20 years. Not booster shots every 8 months forever with scannable tracking as to your medical status at every place you try to enter.

Its one of the stupidest things I've ever heard to compare this shot to, say a one time chickenpox shot or one time measles shot that was between you and your doctor and not having to be shown at every single establishment you try to step foot in. This guy above me is a certifiable clown.

Off the Court
11-08-2021, 01:47 PM
mRNA vaccines have been researched for decades now. There was an mRNA vaccine developed for the Ebola virus but Ebola did not spread heavily outside of a few African countries so it never reached commercial development in the U.S. The truth is that mRNA works and in due time most everyone will have taken mRNA for reasons completely unrelated to covid19. Those battling against mRNA will eventually have to face the reality that humans are pretty good at this science stuff.

HunterSThompson
11-08-2021, 01:50 PM
It’s not experimental and it’s fda approved. If you’re scared the you’re not as healthy as you claim. I’m not scared.

1. they were giving out vaccines long before they were fda approved and only some are even now. and the boosters are released before approval as well. and 2 people quit the FDA cause of the government pressuring them to push through approvals. it's supposed to take years and they're approving shit with zero research after a few months. it's all corrupt. don't trust anything unless it's been around for 4-5 years minimum

tpols
11-08-2021, 01:54 PM
1. they were giving out vaccines long before they were fda approved and only some are even now. and the boosters are released before approval as well. and 2 people quit the FDA cause of the government pressuring them to push through approvals. it's supposed to take years and they're approving shit with zero research after a few months. it's all corrupt. don't trust anything unless it's been around for 4-5 years minimum

True they approved it in late August or early September but there are two versions of the Pfizer vaccine... and they approved the one that isn't being mass distributed. :oldlol: Sneaky bastards...

Irregardless 100+ million people in the USA took it before FDA approval which is scary. Shows you can literally get the sheep to inject themselves with absolutely anything at a moments notice.

HunterSThompson
11-08-2021, 01:54 PM
There are many ways to earn money. This vaccine is the perfect excuse to leave. That’s basically what it all comes down to. If i gave you 5 million to take it, most would. Not everyone is Kyrie Irving. People think their jobs aren’t worth it anymore.

name the ways someone can work without the vaccine in canada/new York and other mandated cities

under the table as a roofer or prostitute?

sorry it's a human rights violation whether you like it or not. theyre basically saying choose poverty or get vaccinated

BurningHammer
11-08-2021, 02:01 PM
That's a rhetorical question btw. You'll be stubborn like most people and ignore this fact because that's easier than admitting that you are wrong and spreading misinformation.

Maybe you should :ohwell:

Bronbron23
11-08-2021, 02:06 PM
mRNA vaccines have been researched for decades now. There was an mRNA vaccine developed for the Ebola virus but Ebola did not spread heavily outside of a few African countries so it never reached commercial development in the U.S. The truth is that mRNA works and in due time most everyone will have taken mRNA for reasons completely unrelated to covid19. Those battling against mRNA will eventually have to face the reality that humans are pretty good at this science stuff.

What a load of shit. These humans created covid. Millions of people are dead because of these humans. How many people die because of these amazing humans? Cancer, aids global warming, atomic bombs and other weapons, modified foods ect. These same "intelligent" humans that make things that save lives also have made and make things that take lives.

Don't be so naive bro. Humans, specifically scientists are responsible for not only people dying but they're responsible for the destruction of the planet we live on. I wouldn't really call that Intelligence buddy.

Off the Court
11-08-2021, 04:38 PM
What a load of shit. These humans created covid. Millions of people are dead because of these humans. How many people die because of these amazing humans? Cancer, aids global warming, atomic bombs and other weapons, modified foods ect. These same "intelligent" humans that make things that save lives also have made and make things that take lives.

Don't be so naive bro. Humans, specifically scientists are responsible for not only people dying but they're responsible for the destruction of the planet we live on. I wouldn't really call that Intelligence buddy.
You don't know where covid19 originated but coronaviruses have been observed in humans since the 60s. If the internet has convinced you that all of this is a calculated man made trick to get you then I have some bad news for you about where the naivety lies. Also this vaccine is weak sauce to be honest the protein spikes created last a few weeks and then are gone. Especially in comparison to all the ridiculous medications thrown at us regularly.

https://tdc-images.tolunastart-tdcprod.com/2017/11/26/35fb98b7-e242-4b7d-8e01-3584479622dc_x365.jpg

On the US totem pole of ridiculous medications this vaccine is near the bottom. And in the drug world overall our prescriptions have become weak sauce in comparison to all the fentanyl going around. Drug ODs are at record breaking numbers right now and it isn't the vaccine doing it.

Bronbron23
11-08-2021, 05:26 PM
You don't know where covid19 originated but coronaviruses have been observed in humans since the 60s. If the internet has convinced you that all of this is a calculated man made trick to get you then I have some bad news for you about where the naivety lies. Also this vaccine is weak sauce to be honest the protein spikes created last a few weeks and then are gone. Especially in comparison to all the ridiculous medications thrown at us regularly.

https://tdc-images.tolunastart-tdcprod.com/2017/11/26/35fb98b7-e242-4b7d-8e01-3584479622dc_x365.jpg

On the US totem pole of ridiculous medications this vaccine is near the bottom. And in the drug world overall our prescriptions have become weak sauce in comparison to all the fentanyl going around. Drug ODs are at record breaking numbers right now and it isn't the vaccine doing it.

Covid and covid 19 aren't the same buddy. Scientists clearly took covid and made it worse and the shit leaked in the lab either on accident or intentionally.

SATAN
11-08-2021, 07:23 PM
You're an idiot.

Bronbron23
11-08-2021, 10:16 PM
You're an idiot.

Right because a china man eating a bat makes way more sense. You probably still think aids came from an African banging a monkey:oldlol:

Off the Court
11-08-2021, 10:59 PM
You've decided that it's impossible that nature could create covid without evidence pointing in clear direction yet you need years of testing to be convinced that a vaccine is safe.

Pretty obvious underlying bias. But that's okay this entire forums stance on the vaccine was determined by their political tribe.

Bronbron23
11-08-2021, 11:26 PM
You've decided that it's impossible that nature could create covid without evidence pointing in clear direction yet you need years of testing to be convinced that a vaccine is safe.

Pretty obvious underlying bias. But that's okay this entire forums stance on the vaccine was determined by their political tribe.

Without evidence? Have you not seen the senate hearing on gain of function? There's plenty of evidence.

And where did i say anything about the vaccines being safe? I didn't even talk about that but i can. According to the science the vaccines aren't 100% safe but for the most part your more likely to get sick or die from the virus than you are the vaccine. The exception to this is children where it's pretty much 50/50.

SATAN
11-08-2021, 11:40 PM
According to the science the vaccines aren't 100% safe but for the most part your more likely to get sick or die from the virus than you are the vaccine.

So why do you want to keep "debating" against your own logic?

Bronbron23
11-09-2021, 12:02 AM
So why do you want to keep "debating" against your own logic?

I'm not dude you clearly just don't pay attention. I've been consistent on this since day 1. Would you like to explain how i'm debating my own logic? My logic is that the vaccines work as far as reducing individuals deaths and sickness but they aren't effective in reducing the spread.

Vragrant
11-14-2021, 11:37 PM

Not only that but the FDA isn't some beacon of integrity either. The Hill reported that 60% of the FDA is funded by the pharmaceutical industry. Also, there was a whistleblower for one of Pzifers' contractors that reported that the experimental trials were not being conducted properly. When she reported to the FDA, not only did they not research Pzifer, she was fired from her job.

n00bie
11-15-2021, 01:28 PM
Not only that but the FDA isn't some beacon of integrity either. The Hill reported that 60% of the FDA is funded by the pharmaceutical industry. Also, there was a whistleblower for one of Pzifers' contractors that reported that the experimental trials were not being conducted properly. When she reported to the FDA, not only did they not research Pzifer, she was fired from her job.

It's almost been a year now, and the majority of the world has at least 1 dose of vaccines. We're not seeing side effects. So why are people still scared of it?

I understand being the 1st batch of people to test it out would be scary.. but most of the world got it already and we aren't all dropping dead.

ZenMaster
11-15-2021, 01:47 PM
It's almost been a year now, and the majority of the world has at least 1 dose of vaccines. We're not seeing side effects. So why are people still scared of it?

I understand being the 1st batch of people to test it out would be scary.. but most of the world got it already and we aren't all dropping dead.

Death rates in the parts of the world that got the vaccine first have been pretty high, for one reason or another.

Also, the FDA themselves says they're conducting 5 year studies to check on longer term effects of the vaccine.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDtjtTpWYAEbcUm?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.fda.gov/media/153409/download

PistonsFan#21
11-15-2021, 01:51 PM

The thing is most of the world isn't dropping dead from Covid either. And there is plenty of people that died or suffered side effects from this shot. In fact i think there is more adverse effects reported in the last year from this vaccine than there was in the last 20 years for all of the other vaccines combined, just to give you an idea. The fact that you didn't know this proves that the media and Government are doing a pretty good job to hide the truth from the general public.

And that's not even taking into account the multiple booster shots that you and your kids will have to take yearly.

SATAN
11-15-2021, 08:37 PM
The thing is most of the world isn't dropping dead from Covid either. And there is plenty of people that died or suffered side effects from this shot. In fact i think there is more adverse effects reported in the last year from this vaccine than there was in the last 20 years for all of the other vaccines combined, just to give you an idea. The fact that you didn't know this proves that the media and Government are doing a pretty good job to hide the truth from the general public.

You are an absolute moron.

n00bie
11-15-2021, 10:35 PM
Death rates in the parts of the world that got the vaccine first have been pretty high, for one reason or another.

Also, the FDA themselves says they're conducting 5 year studies to check on longer term effects of the vaccine.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FDtjtTpWYAEbcUm?format=jpg&name=medium

https://www.fda.gov/media/153409/download

Death rates are high from the vaccine or covid?

From my understanding the AstraZeneca vaccine wasn't very effective at all and how a risk of blood clots.. which sucks because it was the 1st vaccine to become available, which caused a lot if fear and confusion in vaccines in general.

n00bie
11-15-2021, 10:39 PM

And that's not even taking into account the multiple booster shots that you and your kids will have to take yearly.

My kids have been taking the flu shot annually already, so annual boosters dont really scare me.

What do you "plenty of people died from this shot"?

In Ontario, no one has died from a Pfizer or Moderna shot.. and 80% of the population is vaccinated. That's higher than the flu shot from any year.. yet I'm sure more people has died from a flu shot.

Axe
11-15-2021, 10:41 PM

From my understanding the AstraZeneca vaccine wasn't very effective at all and how a risk of blood clots.. which sucks because it was the 1st vaccine to become available, which caused a lot if fear and confusion in vaccines in general.
I have some workmates who got full doses of the az vaccine and they're fine rn. However, it took them almost three months for their second dose after the initial dose.

n00bie
11-16-2021, 01:02 AM
I have some workmates who got full doses of the az vaccine and they're fine rn. However, it took them almost three months for their second dose after the initial dose.

Yeah but I read somewhere that AZ only had a 65% protection rate to delta.. which is horrible.

Axe
11-16-2021, 01:18 AM
Yeah but I read somewhere that AZ only had a 65% protection rate to delta.. which is horrible.
Idk but they said that its efficacy is quite high which is why some of them really felt sore in their shoulders after they got injected with it, the said efficacy was also the reason it took more than two months between the first and second doses. An uncle of mine also got vaccinated with this but before that happened he got the disease and recovered. Then when he got fully vaccinated, he hasn't tested positive anymore since then. Recently, he got sick which forced my mom, who's a doctor btw, to test him with her test kit (they call it antigen/swab) so they can be sure it's not fatal and he got a negative result.

ZenMaster
11-16-2021, 05:53 AM

I have no idea. Maybe people aren't dying/getting sick from the vaccine at all, maybe they are and doctors don't want to make the connection between the two in individual cases. Maybe there's no connection and people are just dying more because they're in worse shape and have worse immunity systems than two years ago.
Hence the point of covid vaccination hesitancy, to wait and see what plays out with the above, at least for this winter.

I've seen a lot of people make the point that since billions of people have now gotten the vaccine, then there can be no long term effects. But to me that doesn't make sense, you can give 10 people something or you can give 10 million people something, if none of them have had it longer than a year, you cannot now what happens after 5, 10, 15 years etc.

I've also seen plenty of people make the point that mRNA technology is not actually new and that it's very safe. But what I haven't seen is those same people make any kind of reference to any kind of study on people who've had it tested on them in the last 10-20 years.

But yeah, overall it just sucks, I'm currently making about 30% less than the last two years, because I can't take a job where I'll be expected to travel between offices. And since the country where I'm currently working in has mandated pretty hard towards the vaccine, I can't leave either as I'd had to quarantine for 2 weeks, so essentially a one week holiday would have to be followed up with two weeks of working from home, which my company won't accept. So basically the island that I work on has become what is effectively my prison.

It's a bad situation that's definitely affecting me mentally and I'd like to just get out of it by taking the vaccine, but I have to wait at least a bit longer and see what happens in the next 4-6 months in the winter.

Walk on Water
11-16-2021, 08:23 AM
I'm not dude you clearly just don't pay attention. I've been consistent on this since day 1. Would you like to explain how i'm debating my own logic? My logic is that the vaccines work as far as reducing individuals deaths and sickness but they aren't effective in reducing the spread.

Then everyone should take it so the deaths would be less, like you said it reduces individual deaths. The more people that take it, the less that die. Very simple. Stop denying it to yourself. If not everyone takes it, it's pointless.

n00bie
11-16-2021, 10:52 AM
I have no idea. Maybe people aren't dying/getting sick from the vaccine at all, maybe they are and doctors don't want to make the connection between the two in individual cases. Maybe there's no connection and people are just dying more because they're in worse shape and have worse immunity systems than two years ago.
Hence the point of covid vaccination hesitancy, to wait and see what plays out with the above, at least for this winter.

I've seen a lot of people make the point that since billions of people have now gotten the vaccine, then there can be no long term effects. But to me that doesn't make sense, you can give 10 people something or you can give 10 million people something, if none of them have had it longer than a year, you cannot now what happens after 5, 10, 15 years etc.

I've also seen plenty of people make the point that mRNA technology is not actually new and that it's very safe. But what I haven't seen is those same people make any kind of reference to any kind of study on people who've had it tested on them in the last 10-20 years.

But yeah, overall it just sucks, I'm currently making about 30% less than the last two years, because I can't take a job where I'll be expected to travel between offices. And since the country where I'm currently working in has mandated pretty hard towards the vaccine, I can't leave either as I'd had to quarantine for 2 weeks, so essentially a one week holiday would have to be followed up with two weeks of working from home, which my company won't accept. So basically the island that I work on has become what is effectively my prison.

It's a bad situation that's definitely affecting me mentally and I'd like to just get out of it by taking the vaccine, but I have to wait at least a bit longer and see what happens in the next 4-6 months in the winter.

I feel for you bud. I'm making less because of Covid as well.. while inflation is going crazy and everything is getting more expensive. It's definitely a struggle.

One of my coworkers doesn't feel comfortable taking the vaccine as well, and my company just mandated it for everyone. I'm going to be really pissed if they let him go because of it.

n00bie
11-16-2021, 10:58 AM
Idk but they said that its efficacy is quite high which is why some of them really felt sore in their shoulders after they got injected with it, the said efficacy was also the reason it took more than two months between the first and second doses. An uncle of mine also got vaccinated with this but before that happened he got the disease and recovered. Then when he got fully vaccinated, he hasn't tested positive anymore since then. Recently, he got sick which forced my mom, who's a doctor btw, to test him with her test kit (they call it antigen/swab) so they can be sure it's not fatal and he got a negative result.

In Canada, they're telling everyone that got AZ to take a booster shot of either Pfizer or Moderna, which is funny because back then when we only had AZ, they told us AZ was better.

A huge part of the vaccine hesitancy is the government's horrible roll out of vaccines, and the information that keeps changing based on convenience.

When we were low on Pfizer or Moderna - AZ is better.

When we restocked Pfizer & Moderna - AZ isn't good, go for Pfizer or Moderna.

When we ran out of Pfizer - Moderna is the better choice. It's actually better to mix 1st dose of Pfizer, 2nd dose of Moderna.

We we restocked Pfizer - Mixing isn't good. If you mixed, you should get a 3rd booster shot.

That's just the vaccines. Remember the masks situation?

When we were low on masks - Do not wear a mask unless you're a health care worker. It's not recommended.

When we got more masks - Wear a mask asap.

When we got a lot of masks - double up on masks. Don't forget to wear a mask during sexual intercourse as well.

These "medical professionals" should all be fired.

Walk on Water
11-16-2021, 12:53 PM
My kids have been taking the flu shot annually already, so annual boosters dont really scare me.

What do you "plenty of people died from this shot"?

In Ontario, no one has died from a Pfizer or Moderna shot.. and 80% of the population is vaccinated. That's higher than the flu shot from any year.. yet I'm sure more people has died from a flu shot.

Because it's not about being scared of the shot. It never was. Just like it never was about not being FDA approved. That was an excuse. Every single medical professional in the world could prove the vaccine is safe and a number of people will never change their mind. They just say, ''Woke up leftist.''

The biggest reason is obvious. They don't want to work. How do I know? Because many people are refusing to work. It's not about the vaccine. They need an excuse to walk away from life responsibilities. That's why when when I bring this up, there is so much defensiveness, like no bro you don't understand. It's like STFU! Stop wasting time.

PistonsFan#21
11-16-2021, 11:27 PM
In Canada, they're telling everyone that got AZ to take a booster shot of either Pfizer or Moderna, which is funny because back then when we only had AZ, they told us AZ was better.

A huge part of the vaccine hesitancy is the government's horrible roll out of vaccines, and the information that keeps changing based on convenience.

When we ran out of Pfizer - Moderna is the better choice. It's actually better to mix 1st dose of Pfizer, 2nd dose of Moderna.

We we restocked Pfizer - Mixing isn't good. If you mixed, you should get a 3rd booster shot.

They deny any type of preventive measures or treatment methods other than vaccines and the covid antiviral pills that the big pharma companies are gonna make huge profit from even though some 3rd world countries like India found a proven treatment kit that seemed to have almost completely eradicated Covid in some of their states. Uttar Pradesh is a
When we were low on masks - Do not wear a mask unless you're a health care worker. It's not recommended.

When we got a lot of masks - double up on masks. Don't forget to wear a mask during sexual intercourse as well.

Now we are almost on the same page my guy! The constant contradiction is what makes a lot of ''antivaxxers'' hesitant no doubt. Some of those things you just mentioned were straight up lies by the Government, it wasn't some sort of honest mistake.

They deny the strength of natural immunity even though the science is clear that chances of reinfection after recovering are lower than it is for a double vaxxed person with no previous infection.

They told the people to trust the science and stay home during summer months and only go out for essentials when the science was pretty clear that over 95% of Covid transmissions were linked to indoor settings.

They told people to put on a mask when waiting for a table at a restaurant before sitting down around a bunch of strangers and taking it off.

They told Canadians they have too many doses of Astrazeneca that were not used and about to expire but instead of throwing them out they extended their shelf life by a month.

They said it was just going to be 2 weeks to flatten the curve, followed by needing 50% to reach herd immunity, to 70%, to 80% to 90% still not being enough.

They told kids they couldn't be outside and socialize with other kids for several months when the science was clear that it was mostly harmless for them and that it would cause them more mental harm than anything.

They said there is a new mutation that is very dangerous for younger people when they saw that society was getting too complacent and were starting to question some of the safety measures but the numbers don't back up those claims.

They deny any alternative prevention or treatment methods as if vaccines were the only solution for the 7 billions of Humans on Earth. A 3rd world country like India has a state with 230 million population and has averaged almost no deaths and less than 50 cases per day for the past 3 months! Why don't we look into it more if we really care about the well being of our citizens? Could it be because the treatment method used in India is as cheap as it gets and there's no money to be made? Almost feels like we are content with letting the elderly, obese and immuno compromised people die.

At some point people get fed up and start researching for themselves. That's when the brainwashed sheep come in and tell you that those are certified scientists and that we must listen to the narrative we are being presented. Critical thinking is literally frowned upon and doctors that want to bring up some concerns are being censored and ''fact checked'' by random journalists that are sponsored by those same pharma companies. I gotta admit that they are running a well thought out ploy that the avergae Joe is just blind to.

I'm sure im forgetting a shit load of other BS that the media and Government are spewing.

BurningHammer
11-17-2021, 04:06 AM
Now we are almost on the same page my guy! The constant contradiction is what makes a lot of ''antivaxxers'' hesitant no doubt. Some of those things you just mentioned were straight up lies by the Government, it wasn't some sort of honest mistake.

They deny the strength of natural immunity even though the science is clear that chances of reinfection after recovering are lower than it is for a double vaxxed person with no previous infection.
Infecting everyone with the virus to gain the natural immunity, risking people's lives in the process, is not the smartest thing to do neither.

They told the people to trust the science and stay home during summer months and only go out for essentials when the science was pretty clear that over 95% of Covid transmissions were linked to indoor settings.
That must be during the start of the pandemic in 2020 when they tried to slow down the spread of a new virus. Nobody stopped you to do outdoor activities around your house at the time neither.

They told people to put on a mask when waiting for a table at a restaurant before sitting down around a bunch of strangers and taking it off.
Our health government recommends people to keep the masks on while sitting and waiting for the food and wear them when you have to move away from the table either to go to washroom, pay the bills or leave the restaurant. There are regulation for restaurants to distance tables and other measures as well.

They told Canadians they have too many doses of Astrazeneca that were not used and about to expire but instead of throwing them out they extended their shelf life by a month.
Having a longer shelf life is now a bad thing? :confusedshrug:

They said it was just going to be 2 weeks to flatten the curve, followed by needing 50% to reach herd immunity, to 70%, to 80% to 90% still not being enough.
I always heard it has to be 80%-90% to being considered reaching herd immunity. I wonder where you get 50%-70%.

They told kids they couldn't be outside and socialize with other kids for several months when the science was clear that it was mostly harmless for them and that it would cause them more mental harm than anything.
Kids can be virus carriers too. It's not about them but their parents, teachers and so on.

They said there is a new mutation that is very dangerous for younger people when they saw that society was getting too complacent and were starting to question some of the safety measures but the numbers don't back up those claims.
New cases were rising among younger people especially during Spring 2021 though.

https://www.paho.org/en/news/5-5-2021-hospitalizations-and-deaths-younger-people-soar-due-covid-19-paho-director-reports
https://globalnews.ca/news/7731485/covid-variant-cases-young-canadians/
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/16/covid-more-young-people-hospitalized-as-more-contagious-variants-spread.html

They deny any alternative prevention or treatment methods as if vaccines were the only solution for the 7 billions of Humans on Earth. A 3rd world country like India has a state with 230 million population and has averaged almost no deaths and less than 50 cases per day for the past 3 months! Why don't we look into it more if we really care about the well being of our citizens? Could it be because the treatment method used in India is as cheap as it gets and there's no money to be made? Almost feels like we are content with letting the elderly, obese and immuno compromised people die.
Vaccines do work very well for plenty of other viral diseases for more than century, and it is much cheaper than medicine cocktail some rich people took. I wonder what India's treatment method that actually real and working is.

At some point people get fed up and start researching for themselves. That's when the brainwashed sheep come in and tell you that those are certified scientists and that we must listen to the narrative we are being presented. Critical thinking is literally frowned upon and doctors that want to bring up some concerns are being censored and ''fact checked'' by random journalists that are sponsored by those same pharma companies. I gotta admit that they are running a well thought out ploy that the avergae Joe is just blind to.

I'm sure im forgetting a shit load of other BS that the media and Government are spewing.
Those people are just too lazy and ignorant. Certain terms like "brainwashed sheep" and "critical thinking" are likely from certain group of people trying to take advantage of them by feeding what they prefer to hear instead of facts.

Nanners
11-17-2021, 06:57 AM
Its hard to imagine why anyone who hasnt taken the vax yet would want to take it at this point

Big pharma and their publicists in the MSM have admitted that the "vax" only reduces symptoms (while doing nothing to prevent infection/transmission like every other vax ever), they have admitted that the shot loses all efficacy within ~6months and needs regular boosting (unlike every other vax ever), and they are even starting to acknowledge that there are serious side effects associated with this jab and the whole thing might not be as "safe and effective" as the repeating parrots are constantly chriping.

n00bie
11-17-2021, 09:33 AM
Its hard to imagine why anyone who hasnt taken the vax yet would want to take it at this point

Big pharma and their publicists in the MSM have admitted that the "vax" only reduces symptoms (while doing nothing to prevent infection/transmission like every other vax ever), they have admitted that the shot loses all efficacy within ~6months and needs regular boosting (unlike every other vax ever), and they are even starting to acknowledge that there are serious side effects associated with this jab and the whole thing might not be as "safe and effective" as the repeating parrots are constantly chriping.

The Flu vaccine isn't meant to fully stop infection either, it just reduces the symptoms. I agree that we should stop trying to force the vaccine on people tho. People that are unvaccinated right now will not change their minds, there's no point of creating division in people.

Nanners
11-17-2021, 09:37 AM
The Flu vaccine isn't meant to fully stop infection either, it just reduces the symptoms. I agree that we should stop trying to force the vaccine on people tho. People that are unvaccinated right now will not change their minds, there's no point of creating division in people.

The flu vaccine is absolutely meant to stop infection (if you believe the marketing pitch for the flu vax manufacturers it does stop infection). The reason this shot usually fails to protect people from the flu is because it only targets a few strains... its hard to predict which flu strains will become dominant during flu season, and because in a given flu season there are usually several strains floating around.

The covid "vaccine" is the only "vaccine" on the planet which does not even attempt to claim it stops infections. Its also the only "vaccine" on the planet that requires boosters every 6 months.

Blazers32
11-17-2021, 09:45 PM
Alot of people believe in conspiracy theories. The root cause is education.

n00bie
11-17-2021, 10:03 PM
The flu vaccine is absolutely meant to stop infection (if you believe the marketing pitch for the flu vax manufacturers it does stop infection). The reason this shot usually fails to protect people from the flu is because it only targets a few strains... its hard to predict which flu strains will become dominant during flu season, and because in a given flu season there are usually several strains floating around.

The covid "vaccine" is the only "vaccine" on the planet which does not even attempt to claim it stops infections. Its also the only "vaccine" on the planet that requires boosters every 6 months.

The 6 month boosters seems too much. Should be once a year imo, but it is stopping infections. I look at the daily numbers in Ontario, and we see 80% of the infections coming from the 20% of the unvaccinated population.. so the vaccines must be stopping it to some extent?

PistonsFan#21
11-18-2021, 12:12 AM
Infecting everyone with the virus to gain the natural immunity, risking people's lives in the process, is not the smartest thing to do neither.

Nobody said to infect everybody with the virus. What you seem to fail to understand though is that we lived a full year through this pandemic without any vaccines. A lot of people got exposed to the virus during that period and developed natural immunity in the process. This is a pretty simple scientific concept.

That must be during the start of the pandemic in 2020 when they tried to slow down the spread of a new virus. Nobody stopped you to do outdoor activities around your house at the time neither.

False. It was actually just a few months ago during the summer of 2021. People weren't even allowed to visit family members from different households. Kids weren't even allowed to go to skateparks and even got fined for shooting on a outdoor basketball courts even if they were alone.

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/61192/ontario-strengthens-enforcement-of-stay-at-home-order
''Effective Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., police officers and other provincial offences officers will have the authority to require any individual to provide their home address and purpose for not being at their residence. In addition, police officers, special constables and First Nation Constables will have the authority to stop vehicles to inquire about an individual's reasons for leaving their home. This additional enforcement tool will only be in effect during the Stay-at-Home order and exclusively to enforce the Stay-at-Home order....Close all outdoor recreational amenities, such as golf courses, basketball courts, soccer fields, and playgrounds with limited exceptions.''

Our health government recommends people to keep the masks on while sitting and waiting for the food and wear them when you have to move away from the table either to go to washroom, pay the bills or leave the restaurant. There are regulation for restaurants to distance tables and other measures as well.

Can you give me the scientific explanation behind being allowed to sit down at a table to eat/talk for hours surrounded by a bunch of strangers but having to put on a mask to pee by yourself in the restroom? Is it the 6 feet distance between the tables that prevents you from catching Covid or is Covid transmission reduced while you are sitting down?

Having a longer shelf life is now a bad thing? :confusedshrug:
Not at all. I just found it funny how they conveniently extended the shelf life to not lose on any profit.

I always heard it has to be 80%-90% to being considered reaching herd immunity. I wonder where you get 50%-70%.
https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019/media-resources/science-in-5/episode-1
''Soumya: So, the SARS-CoV-2 virus is a highly transmissible virus. We think it needs at least 60 to 70% of the population to have immunity to really break the chain of transmission''

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2772167
''Assuming no population immunity and that all individuals are equally susceptible and equally infectious, the herd immunity threshold for SARS-CoV-2 would be expected to range between 50% and 67% in the absence of any interventions.''

New cases were rising among younger people especially during Spring 2021 though.

https://www.paho.org/en/news/5-5-2021-hospitalizations-and-deaths-younger-people-soar-due-covid-19-paho-director-reports
https://globalnews.ca/news/7731485/covid-variant-cases-young-canadians/
https://www.cnbc.com/2021/04/16/covid-more-young-people-hospitalized-as-more-contagious-variants-spread.html

Cases were always the highest among the younger people because they tend to travel and socialize more. The links you cited don't give us any concrete numbers. Show me stats proving that the variants are killing or hospitalizing the younger people at a higher rate. In Canada out of the 29k deaths only 742 occured in people under the age of 50. That's 2.6% of all deaths. https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html?stat=num&measure=deaths Go to figure 7 for a full breakdown.

Vaccines do work very well for plenty of other viral diseases for more than century, and it is much cheaper than medicine cocktail some rich people took. I wonder what India's treatment method that actually real and working is.

In case you didn't know India is an overpopulated 3rd world country...They don't hand out rich people's medecine cocktail to the general public over there. You can stop wondering what their treatment methods are and just do a simple google search. It's part of the critical thinking process.

Those people are just too lazy and ignorant. Certain terms like "brainwashed sheep" and "critical thinking" are likely from certain group of people trying to take advantage of them by feeding what they prefer to hear instead of facts.

The term critical thinking existed long before the Covid pandemic. What you are saying doesn't make any sense because critical thinking is indeed an analysis of the facts. Here's the definition to make it easier for you: ''Critical thinking is the analysis of facts to form a judgment.[1] The subject is complex; several different definitions exist, which generally include the rational, skeptical, and unbiased analysis or evaluation of factual evidence.''
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_thinking

BurningHammer
11-18-2021, 01:27 AM
False. It was actually just a few months ago during the summer of 2021. People weren't even allowed to visit family members from different households. Kids weren't even allowed to go to skateparks and even got fined for shooting on a outdoor basketball courts even if they were alone.

https://news.ontario.ca/en/release/61192/ontario-strengthens-enforcement-of-stay-at-home-order
''Effective Saturday, April 17, 2021 at 12:01 a.m., police officers and other provincial offences officers will have the authority to require any individual to provide their home address and purpose for not being at their residence. In addition, police officers, special constables and First Nation Constables will have the authority to stop vehicles to inquire about an individual's reasons for leaving their home. This additional enforcement tool will only be in effect during the Stay-at-Home order and exclusively to enforce the Stay-at-Home order....Close all outdoor recreational amenities, such as golf courses, basketball courts, soccer fields, and playgrounds with limited exceptions.''
It still didn't stop you to skate and practice basketball drills around your house. Also, unless it was a serious, blatant rule breaking, the stay-at-home order enforcement wasn't that harsh in Ontario neither.

Can you give me the scientific explanation behind being allowed to sit down at a table to eat/talk for hours surrounded by a bunch of strangers but having to put on a mask to pee by yourself in the restroom? Is it the 6 feet distance between the tables that prevents you from catching Covid or is Covid transmission reduced while you are sitting down?

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778233

However, in states that implemented a statewide mask mandate before reopening restaurants for indoor dining, the increased risk of cases was attenuated by up to 90% and deaths by 80%.7 (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778233#jit210022r7) After 8 weeks, in states that reopened restaurants without a mask mandate, excess cases were 643.1 per 100 000 compared with 62.9 per 100 000 in states with a mask mandate. Similarly, excess deaths were 31.7 per 100 000 in states without a mask mandate compared with 6.1 per 100 000 in states with a mask mandate. This finding suggests that adopting prevention measures such as mask mandates could help counteract the anticipated growth in COVID-19 cases and deaths as restaurants open for on-premises dining.7 (https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778233#jit210022r7)

PistonsFan#21
11-18-2021, 02:38 AM
It still didn't stop you to skate and practice basketball drills around your house. Also, unless it was a serious, blatant rule breaking, the stay-at-home order enforcement wasn't that harsh in Ontario neither.

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/fullarticle/2778233

Not everybody has the privilege of living in a house with backyard space to play in. Lots of folks out there living in block apartments in crowded citys.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/pandemic-bylaw-teen-fined-skate-park-1.6017221

An Ottawa family says they were shocked to receive an $880 fine days after letting their 14-year-old son use a nearby skateboarding park on his birthday.

Merrick Batstone's family decided to celebrate his 14th birthday on May 3 by visiting Legacy Skatepark to enjoy some fresh air and exercise.

The family said there were no barriers or signs indicating the public park was off limits, and Merrick was wearing a face mask and keeping a safe distance from others. But it wasn't long before Ottawa bylaw officers showed up and told everyone to leave. The family says they were never asked to provide identification, but days later, a bylaw officer knocked on their door and handed them an $880 ticket for violating COVID-19 pandemic restrictions. "I was shocked," said Michelle Opthof, Merrick's mother. "$880, that can be someone's rent for the month, and I couldn't believe it."

"I felt horrible," Merrick said. "I think I did all the precautions, like with the two-metre distancing, and I just honestly didn't know what was wrong with what I was doing."

PistonsFan#21
11-18-2021, 02:53 AM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/windsor/couple-pokemon-fined-covid-order-1.5901388

'My mind was blown': Ontario couple fined $880 for Pokémon GO outing amid stay-at-home order

Matthew Steeves and his wife haven't had a moment alone in months, but when they stole away for a drive on Wednesday and stopped to play Pokémon GO, their brief getaway ended with a fine of $880.

The couple, who live in the town of Kingsville, Ont., south of Windsor, had pulled into an empty church parking lot to capture some digital monsters.

But an Ontario Provincial Police cruiser drove up behind them and the officer asked what they were doing, Steeves said. The officer then told them their trip wasn't essential and handed the pair a fine for violating lockdown restrictions.

#Science

PistonsFan#21
11-18-2021, 02:57 AM
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/compliants-fines-parks-covid-19-1.5537814

William Vogelsang was surprised to see two bylaw officers heading toward him on the outdoor basketball court at the Eva James Memorial Community Centre last Wednesday afternoon.

The 17-year-old was alone and thought — mistakenly — that there was only a ban on shooting hoops in groups, under new rules implemented to help halt the spread of COVID-19. After all, he'd been there the day before, alone, with no issue.

The officers immediately told him he wasn't allowed to be there. "And I was like, 'Oh, I'm sorry about that, I'll be leaving,'" said Vogelsang.

But, he said, the officers insisted they'd have to issue him a ticket.

"I've never gotten in trouble like that before," he said. "It was a big incident. Everyone's walking past with their with dogs. I was getting nervous and embarrassed."

According to the teen, the bylaw officers demanded his identification. Vogelsang didn't have any on him, but said his mother could text him a picture of his photo ID — or even bring it herself. Instead, the officers chose to confirm his identity by calling Ottawa police, who arrived about 20 minutes later....The teen was also shocked by the amount of the fine, which was more than $700, and worried about how he'd pay it.

Axe
11-18-2021, 06:30 AM

Aw yikes lol. It might be better to not follow them at all times then if they're causing too much confusion with these mandates that often differ from time to time. If this is the case, then you can always just choose to follow the most simple and original ones. Like wearing face masks and observing social distancing. They can also have your hands sanitized before going inside establishments. I'd personally have no problems with those if they're the only things they would want. But for some, a swab test is needed. I find it uncomfortable and i don't understand why it's still required for those who are already fully vaccinated lmao. Years from now or maybe even starting today, i feel like present or future students would have theses and their topic might be about covid plus the perception of people about it, along with how mandates relating to it have caused a lot of confusions to the society.

n00bie
11-18-2021, 10:37 AM
Aw yikes lol. It might be better to not follow them at all times then if they're causing too much confusion with these mandates that often differ from time to time. If this is the case, then you can always just choose to follow the most simple and original ones. Like wearing face masks and observing social distancing. They can also have your hands sanitized before going inside establishments. I'd personally have no problems with those if they're the only things they would want. But for some, a swab test is needed. I find it uncomfortable and i don't understand why it's still required for those who are already fully vaccinated lmao. Years from now or maybe even starting today, i feel like present or future students would have theses and their topic might be about covid plus the perception of people about it, along with how mandates relating to it have caused a lot of confusions to the society.

Canada just announced that we won't be required to do the swab test for vaccinated individuals that leave the country and return in 72 hours. I can finally go across the border for 3 days without having that thing stuck up my nose.

Axe
11-18-2021, 10:43 AM
Canada just announced that we won't be required to do the swab test for vaccinated individuals that leave the country and return in 72 hours. I can finally go across the border for 3 days without having that thing stuck up my nose.
Good news. :cheers:

But what about quarantine? Is there anything such rt once you come back from overseas travels? Sorry if i haven't followed properly.