PDA

View Full Version : Curry already knows how to build organic champ, so he's doing it faster this 2nd time

3ba11
11-07-2021, 11:41 PM
Just like MJ after baseball

Axe
11-07-2021, 11:42 PM
But you said he was a fraud who only benefitted with a 73-win team? You really are krazy af.

SouBeachTalents
11-07-2021, 11:47 PM
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

Yet another player 3ball’s gonna do a complete 180 on :lol Absolutely fcking insane

3ba11
11-07-2021, 11:47 PM
But you said he was a fraud who only benefitted with a 73-win team? You really are krazy af.

Curry is in my latest top 10

because he never learned how to team-hop - he learned how to WIN (organic), and he won without a super-team or 1b (best ring quality)

Axe
11-07-2021, 11:50 PM

because he never learned how to team-hop - he learned how to WIN (organic), and he won without a super-team or 1b (best ring quality)
Nobody believes you, liar.

Axe
11-07-2021, 11:50 PM
2016 warriors were a superteam, btw.

RRR3
11-07-2021, 11:51 PM

Ok who’s your top 10?

Axe
11-07-2021, 11:52 PM
What would your opinion be if other people say that stephen curry is a better player than kobe bryant, op?

1987_Lakers
11-07-2021, 11:54 PM
"I was wrong about Curry, when has LeBron ever proved me wrong?" - 3ball

:lol

RRR3
11-07-2021, 11:55 PM
"I was wrong about Curry, when has LeBron ever proved me wrong?" - 3ball

LeBron has proved him wrong like 80 times.

3ba11
11-07-2021, 11:58 PM
Nobody believes you, liar.

In addition to learning to win (organic) and winning without a super-team, Curry didn't need much help because he isn't a ball-dominator or center (who need tons of help and therefore are out of my top 10)

TLDR: no team-hoppers, ball-dominators, or centers in my top 10

Axe
11-08-2021, 12:02 AM
In addition to learning to win (organic) and winning without a super-team, Curry didn't need much help because he isn't a ball-dominator or center (who need tons of help and therefore are out of my top 10)

TLDR: no team-hoppers, ball-dominators, or centers in my top 10
His team was successful before because they partly use the triangle in their plays.

1987_Lakers
11-08-2021, 12:02 AM
He relies on today's high-screen, drive-and-kick strategy.

This strategy allows 3-point shooters to stand and wait for kickouts, thus adding to the attempts they get off-the-dribble or off screens - if Curry had to run off screens with a defender stuck to him like Reggie Miller had to do, he would barely get off 5 theees a game..

Curry actually took 5 threes a game for 3 straight years and was a 19 ppg scorer, but then the league strategy became the aforementioned 3-point contest, which allowed Curry's production to reach elite levels.

Ultimately, he's just a 3-point shooter, so he's 1-dimensional.

This post wasn't even 6 months ago, lmao.

BigShotBob
11-08-2021, 12:05 AM
2016 warriors were a superteam, btw.

Nah

3ba11
11-08-2021, 12:06 AM
This post wasn't even 6 months ago, lmao.

The top 10 can't include guys that only learned to team-hop and never learned to WIN (organic), nor can it include the rigidity of ball-dominators or centers, who need too much help for meager team ceilings/Finals records:

MJ
Kobe
Bird
Dirk
Kawhi
Curry
Duncan
Giannis
Rick Barry
Elgin Baylor

9 and 10 are still work in progress, yes, I know Baylor technically never won although he retired when Wilt got his 2nd

RRR3
11-08-2021, 12:10 AM
The top 10 can't include guys that only learned to team-hop and never learned to WIN (organic), nor can it include the rigidity of ball-dominators or centers, who need too much help for meager team ceilings/Finals records:

MJ
Kobe
Bird
Dirk
Kawhi
Curry
Duncan
Giannis
Rick Barry
Elgin Baylor

9 and 10 are still work in progress, yes, I know Baylor technically never won although he retired when Wilt got his 2nd
Lmaoooo.

1987_Lakers
11-08-2021, 12:11 AM

MJ
Kobe
Bird
Dirk
Kawhi
Curry
Duncan
Giannis
Rick Barry
Elgin Baylor

But I thought Curry was one-dimensional.

Axe
11-08-2021, 12:12 AM
Dirk is your top 4? Tf unbelievable.

3ba11
11-08-2021, 12:14 AM
Lmaoooo.

Aside from Giannis and Duncan, all those guys had elite jumpshooting skill, which allowed the best strategy/brand of ball (ball movement) and teammate fits, thus yielding the best team ceilings/Finals records WITH THE LEAST HELP (no super-teams)

RRR3
11-08-2021, 12:14 AM
Aside from Giannis and Duncan, all those guys had elite jumpshooting skill, which allowed the best strategy/brand of ball (ball movement) and teammate fits, thus yielding the best team ceilings/Finals records
Yeah, Elgin Baylor had a great finals record.

3ba11
11-08-2021, 12:17 AM
Yeah, Elgin Baylor had a great finals record.

Like I said, 9 and 10 are work in progress

But aside from Elgin, all those guys won with the least help - it's the top 10 of least help needed, which is what happens for guys with elite jumpshooting skill and off-ball

RRR3
11-08-2021, 12:18 AM
Duh-uhhhhh-uhhhh

HBK_Kliq_2
11-08-2021, 12:19 AM
He's spoiled with draymond, it's like having the best point guard and best defensive player on your team and all in 1 guy.

I'd like to see how he does without draymond one of these days

3ba11
11-08-2021, 12:26 AM
He's spoiled with draymond, it's like having the best point guard and best defensive player on your team and all in 1 guy.

He developed Poole and Klay (2 pippens) - that's what guys with elite jumpshooting skill can do - they put the ball in a young guys' HANDS and act as a goat assist target/bailout option - this develops guys, whereas Lebron's ball-dominance imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (team-hopping)

hold this L
11-08-2021, 12:37 AM

I'd like to see Kawhi without a 50-win team for once in his career. :lol

RRR3
11-08-2021, 12:42 AM
Ether.

3ba11
11-08-2021, 12:42 AM

Remember when Nash left the Suns or CP3 left New Orleans?

Those teams collapsed because that's what happens when a team loses it's ball-dominator.

Otoh, teams that move the ball don't need a ball-dominator, so they win 50 games without one..

So the key is fitting an assassin scorer/elite jumpshooter into one of these ball movement teams - my top 10 guys fit the bill; how about yours

RRR3
11-08-2021, 12:46 AM
Remember when Nash left the Suns or CP3 left New Orleans?

Those teams collapsed because that's what happens when a team loses it's ball-dominator.

Otoh, teams that move the ball don't need a ball-dominator, so they win 50 games without one..

So the key is fitting an assassin scorer/elite jumpshooter into one of these ball movement teams - my top 10 guys fit the bill; how about yours
No one cares about your top 10 it changes every week.

3ba11
11-08-2021, 12:48 AM
No one cares about your top 10 it changes every week.

No, it settles in more every week - the tenets are now set in stone - no super-team-needers (centers & ball-dominators), and no team-hoppers (guys that don't know how to win)

This leaves guys with elite jumpshooting skill that allow the best strategy and teammate fits, thus yielding the best team ceilings/Finals record

RRR3
11-08-2021, 12:50 AM
No, it settles in more every week - the tenets are now set in stone - no super-team-needers (centers & ball-dominators), and no team-hoppers (guys that don't know how to win)

This leaves guys with elite jumpshooting skill that allow the best strategy and teammate fits, thus yielding the best team ceilings/Finals record
Not a single spot has been consistent on your GOAT lists. Not even number 1 :yaohappy:

Axe
11-08-2021, 01:07 AM

Raptors won 50+ games without your load managing hero.

1987_Lakers
11-08-2021, 01:13 AM
If 3ball was smart he would have praised every or most superstar player years ago in order to use them in an agenda against LeBron later on, except he did the opposite, pretty much shitted on every superstar player in order for himself to feel secure about MJ and now that he praises them in order to make LeBron look bad, it just doesn't work.

Axe
11-08-2021, 01:14 AM
If 3ball was smart he would have praised every or most superstar player years ago in order to use them in an agenda against LeBron later on, except he did the opposite, pretty much shitted on every superstar player in order for himself to feel secure about MJ and now that he praises them in order to make LeBron look bad, it just doesn't work.
What made it worse is that he also made tons of threads initially shitting on them too. He's consistent at fooling himself, it seems.

GimmeThat
11-08-2021, 02:06 AM
what part of being born in Akron OH and winning chips in California qualifies as OP's delusional definition of organic

HBK_Kliq_2
11-08-2021, 02:11 AM
Raptors won 50+ games without your load managing hero.

The Lowry siakam raptors won 27 games last season

Phoenix
11-08-2021, 04:16 AM
Incredible. But...I'm as guilty as everyone else taking the time to chime in even if it's to drop a gif and bounce. We could like.....not reply but I suspect most wont be able to have the discipline. Because this dude is trolling the entire board and we're all lapping it up. Thats or hes genuinely insane, but are we any better if we continue to feed into the bullshit? Hes been shitting on Curry for years, now he's top 10?

DO. NOT. ENGAGE. :facepalm

GimmeThat
11-08-2021, 04:34 AM
Incredible. But...I'm as guilty as everyone else taking the time to chime in even if it's to drop a gif and bounce. We could like.....not reply but I suspect most wont be able to have the discipline. Because this dude is trolling the entire board and we're all lapping it up. Thats or hes genuinely insane, but are we any better if we continue to feed into the bullshit? Hes been shitting on Curry for years, now he's top 10?

my organs can filter the toxin, not that they should. but the insanes will have an exponential appetite for toxins built up, in order to avoid loneliness.

ImKobe
11-08-2021, 05:16 AM

He's not trolling. He's speaking the truth. Curry could have forced the FO to blow the team up after KD's departure or demanded a trade but he built another winning/contending team from scratch, something Lebron would never be able to achieve.

GimmeThat
11-08-2021, 05:23 AM
He's not trolling. He's speaking the truth. Curry could have forced the FO to blow the team up after KD's departure or demanded a trade but he built another winning/contending team from scratch, something Lebron would never be able to achieve.

somehow the only way for me to interpret the OP as not trolling, is now there are more currently available FMVP candidates for Curry to recruit.

Phoenix
11-08-2021, 05:26 AM

I'm talking about how he goes from saying Curry is overrated( creating several topics about it) to now hes top 10, or saying Giannis is a 'Pippen level bum' and then after he wins the title 3 weeks later a top 6 GOAT. Let's see if you can take your mind off Lebron for a brief moment since my post is addressing his bizarre flip-flopping and not Lebron.

SATAN
11-08-2021, 05:36 AM
OP obliterated in his own thread for the 99999999999999999999th time

Gohan
11-08-2021, 05:42 AM
Curry would be in my top 10 if iverson wasnt. They’re interchangeable though

Axe
11-08-2021, 05:46 AM
Curry would be in my top 10 if iverson wasnt. They’re interchangeable though
If only iverson had the opportunity to play with a dynasty team like the guy on this topic, he'd certainly have a higher all-time ranking today. :ohwell:

Gohan
11-08-2021, 05:48 AM
If only iverson had the opportunity to play with a dynasty team like the guy on this topic, he'd certainly have a higher all-time ranking today. :ohwell:

Thats true iverson on that 2015 or 2016 warriors team murders lebron

SATAN
11-08-2021, 05:56 AM
Iverson probably wouldn't have made the finals tbh

Axe
11-08-2021, 05:57 AM
Thats true iverson on that 2015 or 2016 warriors team murders lebron
And would have gotten a finals mvp as well if he did so.

GimmeThat
11-08-2021, 06:05 AM
I'm talking about how he goes from saying Curry is overrated( creating several topics about it) to now hes top 10, or saying Giannis is a 'Pippen level bum' and then after he wins the title 3 weeks later a top 6 GOAT. Let's see if you can take your mind off Lebron for a brief moment since my post is addressing his bizarre flip-flopping and not Lebron.

I wonder if it has something to do with Gobert, winning his 3rd DPOY, All-NBA 3rd, while being one of the very few bigs in the league who don't take 3's.

as to why Rudy doesn't take 3s? I don't know, maybe because having never been to the finals, he hadn't had to be concerned about Eastern Conference playoff teams and their playing styles.

TheGoatest
11-08-2021, 09:06 AM
He sure used that organic energy to beat a sophmore Ja Morant and the mighty Memphis Grizzlies in the play-ins last season.

Baller789
11-08-2021, 09:18 AM

You mean like the Warriors?
Iverson with the Warriors?
:roll:

Hey Yo
11-08-2021, 10:20 AM

MJ
Kobe
Bird
Dirk
Kawhi
Curry
Duncan
Giannis
Rick Barry
Elgin Baylor

Weak bait is extremely weak.

TheBranStan
11-08-2021, 10:36 AM
KD joined a 73 win team. But that ain't a super team apparently :yaohappy:

Airupthere
11-08-2021, 10:42 AM
Curry builds some of the most organic teams ever, outside of KD joining them.

11-08-2021, 12:32 PM
Iverson probably wouldn't have made the finals tbh
:applause:

tontoz
11-08-2021, 01:17 PM
OP has been trashing Curry for years, now all of a sudden he has Curry in his top 10? :wtf:

Stephonit
11-08-2021, 01:37 PM
OP has been trashing Curry for years, now all of a sudden he has Curry in his top 10? :wtf:

Let's face it, it's become so obvious how exceptional Curry is that it is less embarrassing to acknowledge his greatness despite having denied it for years than to continue to plaintively argue against him.

Airupthere
11-08-2021, 01:49 PM
Let's face it, it's become so obvious how exceptional Curry is that it is less embarrassing to acknowledge his greatness despite having denied it for years than to continue to plaintively argue against him.

Im not a fan of curry and will not likely be one. But I have to say he is surely earning my respect with what he is doing to this franchise. Something lebron and branstans won't ever understand. Curry faces losing key players and builds up his team again. Lebron team hops and recruits. Even up to his later years where the likes of Giannis have shown him how to get respect, he still reverts to his old ways.

GimmeThat
11-08-2021, 02:25 PM
Im not a fan of curry and will not likely be one. But I have to say he is surely earning my respect with what he is doing to this franchise. Something lebron and branstans won't ever understand. Curry faces losing key players and builds up his team again. Lebron team hops and recruits. Even up to his later years where the likes of Giannis have shown him how to get respect, he still reverts to his old ways.

classic example of how "it's me, not you" is a phrase can't be taken literally