PDA

View Full Version : Celtics interested in Ben?

Kblaze8855
11-08-2021, 02:18 PM
The Celtics are interested in trading for Ben Simmons, per @ShamsCharania

Bleacher report.

For the sake of Rmwg I’ll hope it isn’t true.

AirBonner
11-08-2021, 02:21 PM
Bleacher report.

I’d take him not shooting 3’s over Marcus smart shooting 3’s

Airupthere
11-08-2021, 02:23 PM
I’d take him not shooting 3’s over Marcus smart shooting 3’s

:oldlol:

Seriously though, the last thing Boston needs is another headache.

AirBonner
11-08-2021, 02:31 PM
:oldlol:

Seriously though, the last thing Boston needs is another headache.

True I’d take any random player in the dleague at this point lol

pandiani17
11-08-2021, 03:58 PM
The Celtics are a serious franchise. I don't see them taking those types of risks, especially after the little drama of their own that they have.

sixerfan82
11-08-2021, 05:18 PM
So boston is interested in going from players not passing to players not shooting

Mask the Embiid
11-08-2021, 05:46 PM
Celtics trying to trade damage goods again…something is fishy about this. Why would they want to all of a sudden want to trade him in his best year? Hmmm. No deal. Don’t trust them

RRR3
11-08-2021, 05:49 PM
Celtics trying to trade damage goods again…something is fishy about this. Why would they want to all of a sudden want to trade him in his best year? Hmmm. No deal. Don’t trust them
If you wouldn’t accept Jaylen Brown (as rumored) for Ben Simmons you’re insane.

GOBB
11-08-2021, 06:20 PM
I don’t think Boston has said they want to trade Brown. I think Boston inquired about Ben and Sixers said it will cost you Brown. Doubt Boston is trading Brown. They probably were offering junk (to get out of Ben salary) and a player (maybe Dennis?). A swap of the two would be fair. You can put Ben at the 4 spot where he belongs (not at Pg). From an on paper side it works. When you factor in the other stuff eh.

Love Morey stance tho. Not trading Ben for nothing. Or rather to accommodate Ben.

Real Men Wear Green
11-08-2021, 07:42 PM
Bleacher report.

I would applaud the risk under the terms Gobb proposed. The Jaylen Brown talk would be a non-starter.

Mask the Embiid
11-08-2021, 07:50 PM
Makes no sense why they would trade him in a career year for ben other than those bad knees are worse than we know. This is what happens when u have a history of trading damage goods....ppl dont trust you

Spurs m8
11-08-2021, 07:50 PM
So boston is interested in going from players not passing to players not shooting

Good balance tbh

bladefd
11-08-2021, 08:07 PM

Jaylen would have to be part of the trade to make the money work unless if a 3rd team is brought into the mix. Philly would probably accept it, but I don't see that offer being put on the table by Boston.

Axe
11-08-2021, 08:21 PM
I always think simmons and tatum look similar lmao.

Jasper
11-08-2021, 08:42 PM
I don’t think Boston has said they want to trade Brown. I think Boston inquired about Ben and Sixers said it will cost you Brown. Doubt Boston is trading Brown. They probably were offering junk (to get out of Ben salary) and a player (maybe Dennis?). A swap of the two would be fair. You can put Ben at the 4 spot where he belongs (not at Pg). From an on paper side it works. When you factor in the other stuff eh.

Love Morey stance tho. Not trading Ben for nothing. Or rather to accommodate Ben.

I think 6'ers are so far into it , that next summer or early autumn a buy out may occur.
No one would take Simmons... unless he played some 5 on 5 and started nailing shoots.
There has been players throughout the league history that looked promising and lost it.
Problem is 6'ers banked on development w/Simmons and he failed to produce.