PDA

View Full Version : Kuzma comes through in the clutch

tontoz
11-10-2021, 11:05 PM
with two 3s in the last 30 seconds to steal a win against the Cavs.

Beal was 4-19 I was sure they would lose but the Laker boys came through. Kuzma hit four 3s in the 4th, Harrell had 24-11 and kept us in the game until Kuzma took over.

Wizards 8-3 :rockon:

Axe
11-10-2021, 11:05 PM
Bran stans don't approve

theman93
11-10-2021, 11:09 PM
Washington is probably the biggest surprise through the first 10 games of the season imo

iamgine
11-10-2021, 11:22 PM
Klutzma

ImKobe
11-11-2021, 04:32 AM
https://youtu.be/A-cVQhyBvw0

What a game

smh should have never traded him. He's going to be a star, just like BI & Randle.

ralph_i_el
11-11-2021, 08:15 AM
He also laid out to save a loose ball going out of bounds after hitting the go-ahead 3. I love this guy.

Manny98
11-11-2021, 08:55 AM
All Star :applause:

Shogon
11-11-2021, 09:01 AM
Man I can't wait for the retirement in 2 or 3 years so you deranged no life lunatics can give it a rest.

There is nobody in the pipeline to take the mantle, so to speak, and I am glad for it. Tired of you obsessed ****ing morons. Holy shit.

It's been going on for 20 years on this website first with a shooting guard and then a small forward. I'm so over it.

Give it a rest. Let it go. Move on with your lives. ****'s sake. Fill your lives with something more meaningful or go find something else to distract yourself from your miserable existence.

Btw... Kyle Kuzma sucks.

ShawkFactory
11-11-2021, 09:01 AM
https://youtu.be/A-cVQhyBvw0

What a game

smh should have never traded him. He's going to be a star, just like BI & Randle.

Dude chill

Shogon
11-11-2021, 09:05 AM
Dude chill

What do you mean?

The Lakers would probably have multiple titles by now had they held on to Kuzma, Randle & Ingram...

2020 by itself wasn't even worth it! Forget about the fact that most franchises go decades without a title... that group there? Multiple future league MVPs and Finals MVPs from that group. They would have clearly delivered multiple titles. They're all going to end up better than Anthony Davis and they're already all better than LeBron ever was.

:oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

ShawkFactory
11-11-2021, 09:26 AM
What do you mean?

The Lakers would probably have multiple titles by now had they held on to Kuzma, Randle & Ingram...

2020 by itself wasn't even worth it! Forget about the fact that most franchises go decades without a title... that group there? Multiple future league MVPs and Finals MVPs from that group. They would have clearly delivered multiple titles. They're all going to end up better than Anthony Davis and they're already all better than LeBron ever was.

Well it’s just none of those guys are stars. And if the lakers somehow kept all of them and then grabbed a actual star through FA to put them over the top then they certainly wouldn’t be putting up the numbers they are now.

ImKobe
11-11-2021, 10:55 AM
What do you mean?

2020 is one of the weaker championships in NBA history if we're being honest. I said it before the run and I'm keeping my stance on it. In no other year would you have an entire off-season right before a Playoff run, and in a bubble with 0 traveling.. It's still a title but it won't be remembered as one of the best ever historically, just that it happened under the weirdest circumstances.

Lakers could have kept everyone and signed a superstar FA like Davis (who was a FA after the 2020 season) or KD, and built a dynasty like the Warriors did, but I guess I'll have to settle for a small window with an injury-prone/past-prime Lebron who's now injured for the 3rd time in 4 years & who might not even be healthy in the POs.. and boy do I love the fit with him and Westbrook!

Well it’s just none of those guys are stars. And if the lakers somehow kept all of them and then grabbed a actual star through FA to put them over the top then they certainly wouldn’t be putting up the numbers they are now.

BI made the All-Star team in 2020 and has been a 24/6/5 58%TS player post-LA, and Randle was All-Star + All-NBA 2nd Team last year and is averaging 22/11/5 right now ...

ShawkFactory
11-11-2021, 12:49 PM
2020 is one of the weaker championships in NBA history if we're being honest. I said it before the run and I'm keeping my stance on it. In no other year would you have an entire off-season right before a Playoff run, and in a bubble with 0 traveling.. It's still a title but it won't be remembered as one of the best ever historically, just that it happened under the weirdest circumstances.

Lakers could have kept everyone and signed a superstar FA like Davis (who was a FA after the 2020 season) or KD, and built a dynasty like the Warriors did, but I guess I'll have to settle for a small window with an injury-prone/past-prime Lebron who's now injured for the 3rd time in 4 years & who might not even be healthy in the POs.. and boy do I love the fit with him and Westbrook!

BI made the All-Star team in 2020 and has been a 24/6/5 58%TS player post-LA, and Randle was All-Star + All-NBA 2nd Team last year and is averaging 22/11/5 right now ...

BI has never played in the playoffs and we saw what happened to Randle when he did last year. They aren’t stars.

And they DEFINITELY wouldn’t be stars if the Lakers grabbed a big FA and had intentions of winning a title.

Taurus
11-11-2021, 05:57 PM
Tbh Kuzma is pretty much the same player he was last year

SaintzFury13
11-11-2021, 06:03 PM
2020 is one of the weaker championships in NBA history if we're being honest. I said it before the run and I'm keeping my stance on it. In no other year would you have an entire off-season right before a Playoff run, and in a bubble with 0 traveling..

LeBron's best championships are always going to be the one in Cleveland and the one against San Antonio. The one with LA doesn't come close to comparing, and it has nothing to do with the bubble because it's an idiotic argument. As you just said, there was no traveling, which meant there was no homecourt advantage. In other words, it was always fair game, from start to finish. That's what makes winning that championship more impressive than anything else. But the thing is, the Miami Heat simply are not on the same caliber as the Spurs in 13 or the Warriors in 16. Hell, they aren't even on the same caliber as the Thunder in 2012. But it was still impressive to see LeBron doing the things he did at that age and upping his game in the fashion he did in order to lead LA to another championship. People who try to downplay the importance of it are just looking for reasons to discredit it, and none of them are valid.

ShawkFactory
11-11-2021, 07:17 PM

This is the funny part. He's a borderline hustle guy who can rim run at times and he's a streaky spot up shooter.

There's literally no difference now other than his team is worse and he's getting a couple extra minutes and shots a game.

Manny98
11-11-2021, 07:22 PM
Watch the games

Kuzma has taken a massive leap especially in his confidence. He looks like a completely different player from the Kuzma from last year who constantly second guesses his decisions on the court in fear of a certain someone

He's playing like a free man out there and I love it same with Harrell

ShawkFactory
11-11-2021, 07:34 PM
Watch the games

Kuzma has taken a massive leap especially in his confidence. He looks like a completely different player from the Kuzma from last year who constantly second guesses his decisions on the court in fear of a certain someone

He's playing like a free man out there and I love it same with Harrell

That's exactly why I think he's the same player. I've now watched 4 Wizards games in full. There isn't a difference.

As I already said...he's playing a few more minutes, getting a couple extra shots and has shot well so far. 11 games into the season. He's always been streaky and there is no reason to believe that will be different.

He's still spotting up or being fed inside on most of his buckets. Playing with Lebron doesn't harm those two things.

That being said I hate that he's polarizing for some reason because he seems like a good dude and is a nice player.

TheGoatest
11-11-2021, 07:37 PM

I was expecting more from him. He is still considerably short of his 18.7 ppg average from 2018-19 that LeGOAT spoonfed him.

tontoz
11-11-2021, 07:52 PM
Kuzma reminds me of Ariza in that he needs to accept that he isn't that good off the dribble. When he tries to do too much off the dribble the results are typically bad.

I've been impressed with his defense and rebounding. He is averaging 2.2 more rebounds per 36 compared to last season.

Spurs m8
11-11-2021, 08:40 PM
Hes showing the promise that he showed before he got LeCancer.

Now he is cured

AirBonner
11-11-2021, 09:11 PM
That's exactly why I think he's the same player. I've now watched 4 Wizards games in full. There isn't a difference.

As I already said...he's playing a few more minutes, getting a couple extra shots and has shot well so far. 11 games into the season. He's always been streaky and there is no reason to believe that will be different.

He's still spotting up or being fed inside on most of his buckets. Playing with Lebron doesn't harm those two things.

That being said I hate that he's polarizing for some reason because he seems like a good dude and is a nice player.
Manny doesn’t watch games lol his sentence is ironic

hold this L
11-11-2021, 09:28 PM
Hes showing the promise that he showed before he got LeCancer.

Now he is cured
Yeah, I'm sure he really regrets playing and contributing for a title 2 years ago.

leopardJuice
11-11-2021, 10:23 PM
See what happens when you get away from LeThotiania ball? you start ballin!

coin24
11-12-2021, 06:22 AM
Kuz has been feasting this season, always knew he’d kill it away from bran ball. Sucks to lose him but he was wasted on the current lakers..

ShawkFactory
11-12-2021, 11:00 AM
Kuz has been feasting this season, always knew he’d kill it away from bran ball. Sucks to lose him but he was wasted on the current lakers..

In what way?

LAL
11-12-2021, 11:28 AM
In what way?

Not having a pouting superstar teammate. Or that same teammate quitting and leaving 5min before the end of a playoff game.. Or that same pouting superstar teammate not running back a couple times.. allowing the oppenent patiently set up half court plays against 4 players like we never seen before.

ShawkFactory
11-12-2021, 12:27 PM
Not having a pouting superstar teammate. Or that same teammate quitting and leaving 5min before the end of a playoff game.. Or that same pouting superstar teammate not running back a couple times.. allowing the oppenent patiently set up half court plays against 4 players like we never seen before.

“A couple times” :lol

What does that have to do with Kuzmas game? Believe it or not..not everything is about Lebron.

His game is no different. The only difference is now he doesn’t have a chance to win another ring. He has a ring..doesn’t seem like a waste to me.

ralph_i_el
11-12-2021, 01:05 PM

He's taking almost exactly the same amount of shots per-36 minutes and per-100 possessions as he did last season.

ShawkFactory
11-12-2021, 01:09 PM
He's taking almost exactly the same amount of shots per-36 minutes and per-100 possessions as he did last season.

Ok so cool. The only difference then is he’s playing a few extra minutes and has shot well thus far.

Airupthere
11-12-2021, 01:35 PM
Things branstans watch our for:

1. For the lakers to suck without Lebron playing
2. Past teammates to all suck wherever they are

GimmeThat
11-12-2021, 02:05 PM
beasting over the stats of a 32 yrs old Kevin Love

ImKobe
11-12-2021, 02:54 PM
BI has never played in the playoffs and we saw what happened to Randle when he did last year. They aren’t stars.

And they DEFINITELY wouldn’t be stars if the Lakers grabbed a big FA and had intentions of winning a title.

I don't think you know what a star means... I'm not saying they're one of the 5 best players in the league you ****ing moron. They're certainly All-Star level players, just because one plays on the worst franchise in the NBA and the other lost to a good team in the 1st round doesn't mean that they're not stars.

And yes, they'd still be stars next to another high-usage player, Ingram's numbers did not change last year with Zion healthy.

Maybe you should worry about your Hawks because they've been ****ing trash to start the season after all the hype they got off that cute little ECF run. Maybe Trae's not the star we thought he was without the cheap fouls he was able to draw last year.

ShawkFactory
11-12-2021, 03:00 PM
I don't think you know what a star means... I'm not saying they're one of the 5 best players in the league you ****ing moron. They're certainly All-Star level players, just because one plays on the worst franchise in the NBA and the other lost to a really good team in the 1st round doesn't mean that they're not stars.

And yes, they'd still be stars next to another high-usage player, Ingram's numbers did not change last year with Zion healthy.

Maybe you should worry about your Hawks because they've been ****ing trash to start the season after all the hype they got off that cute little ECF run. Maybe Trae's not the star we thought he was without the cheap fouls he was able to draw last year.

Wow, really struck a nerve there. Calm down buddy :lol

I’m sorry, but making one all star team doesn’t make you a star in my eyes. Especially when it’s followed but a terrible showing in the playoffs. It’s not that they lost to a good team, it’s that Randle was legitimately awful. He’s not the type who’s going to be scoring 20 a game on a team that’s going anywhere. That’s how I value players. He’s a Jrue Holiday level guy at best. A third guy on a contender who doesn’t shoot 3s and fade-aways like he does, but hits the glass hard, finishes well, and plays good D. Something like 14-15 and 12 is appropriate for Randle. Which isn’t an insult...he’s just not a star level player.

No one ever said anything about top 5. But top 30? Yea I think you need to be one of the 30 best players in the league to be considered a star.

ImKobe
11-12-2021, 03:03 PM
Wow, really struck a nerve there. Calm down buddy :lol

I’m sorry, but making one all star team doesn’t make you a star in my eyes. Especially when it’s followed but a terrible showing in the playoffs. It’s not that they lost to a good team, it’s that Randle was legitimately awful. He’s not the type who’s going to be scoring 20 a game on a team that’s going anywhere. That’s how I value players. He’s a Jrue Holiday level guy at best. A third guy on a contender who doesn’t shoot 3s and fade-aways like he does, but hits the glass hard, finishes well, and plays good D. Something like 14-15 and 12 is appropriate for Randle. Which isn’t an insult...he’s just not a star level player.

No one ever said anything about top 5. But top 30? Yea I think you need to be one of the 30 best players in the league to be considered a star.

Making the All-Star team and All-NBA 2nd team does not make you a star. Got it. You're gonna say that after Randle makes another All-Star & All-NBA team this year too?

ShawkFactory
11-12-2021, 03:07 PM
Making the All-Star team and All-NBA 2nd team does not make you a star. Got it. You're gonna say that after Randle makes another All-Star & All-NBA team this year too?

After what happened in the playoffs last year? He won’t. And if he does..he’s still not that good. As I said, a 15/12 hustle guy on a championship team. Nothing wrong with that but don’t make him something he’s not.

I think the Knicks slowly but surely will become RJs team.

ImKobe
11-12-2021, 03:16 PM
After what happened in the playoffs last year? He won’t. And if he does..he’s still not that good. As I said, a 15/12 hustle guy on a championship team. Nothing wrong with that but don’t make him something he’s not.

Stars have bad Playoff series. Trae's not going to be the best player on a title team either but he's still a star.

GimmeThat
11-12-2021, 03:17 PM

is Shawn Marion a star by your definition

ShawkFactory
11-12-2021, 03:20 PM
is Shawn Marion a star by your definition

Borderline but I’d lean toward yea. But he was a better player than Randle

ShawkFactory
11-12-2021, 03:21 PM
Stars have bad Playoff series. Trae's not going to be the best player on a title team either but he's still a star.

That wasn’t my criteria.

But Trae certainly is a stronger lead man.

RRR3
11-17-2021, 10:11 PM
2-12, 5 points, -14 in a loss against the Hornets. That’s the Kuzma we all know and love :applause:

tontoz
11-17-2021, 10:15 PM
2-12, 5 points, -14 in a loss against the Hornets. That’s the Kuzma we all know and love :applause:

The wizards missed 34 3s. I can't remember them ever missing that many.

What made it even more annoying is that our bigs were scoring well inside.

:facepalm

ShawkFactory
11-17-2021, 10:24 PM
The wizards missed 34 3s. I can't remember them ever missing that many.

What made it even more annoying is that our bigs were scoring well inside.

:facepalm

Yea Gafford was a monster. Harrell is someone who has been incredible who I think will start to be figured out a bit more as the season progresses.

I think Beal really needs to play better because as things stand I don't see this type of sustained success.

RRR3
11-17-2021, 10:36 PM
Yea Gafford was a monster. Harrell is someone who has been incredible who I think will start to be figured out a bit more as the season progresses.

I think Beal really needs to play better because as things stand I don't see this type of sustained success.
Harrell has been scoring at this rate and efficiency for years he’s not going to be “figured out”.

tontoz
11-17-2021, 10:36 PM

This was one of Beals best games so far. The rest of the team just kept jacking 3s no matter how many they missed.

It reminded me of Houston in the playoffs that one year.

Blazers32
11-17-2021, 10:38 PM
Harrell has been scoring at this rate and efficiency for years he’s not going to be “figured out”.

I think Harrell defense on Jokic in bubble, gave him bad rep.

ShawkFactory
11-17-2021, 10:43 PM

I'm not talking about scoring. He's going to start getting cleaned up more on the other end.

There's a reason he isn't a starter and it will become more clear as the season progresses.

ShawkFactory
11-17-2021, 10:44 PM
This was one of Beals best games so far. The rest of the team just kept jacking 3s no matter how many they missed.

It reminded me of Houston in the playoffs that one year.

I just meant in general. He'll have to take a pretty huge leap for them to contend I think.

tontoz
11-17-2021, 10:54 PM
I just meant in general. He'll have to take a pretty huge leap for them to contend I think.

I am more concerned about Dinwiddie. He looks really good when Beal is out but is way too passive when playing with Beal.

If Beal just plays the way he's played the last few years we'll be fine.

I don't see them as title contenders. Their ceiling is probably the ECF.