PDA

View Full Version : Anthony Davis Goes Off On His Teammates

Full Court
11-13-2021, 07:04 PM
He's mad about losing to the Wolves.

"We sucked," Davis said when asked about the third. "No defense. Can't score. That's not just this third quarter, it's every third quarter we've played this season. We come out slow, lackadaisical offensively and defensively. We got to get it together. Why? I can't tell you. But we got to do a better job.

"We got to decide who we want to be. A championship team? That's not us right now," Davis said. "We're not winning a championship the way we're playing. We got to be better, and we got to care more for our wins at home. Wins in general. That was embarrassing."

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-davis-rips-lakers-after-loss-were-not-winning-a-championship-the-way-were-playing-204724290.html

He's not wrong, but at least his teammates aren't rolling around on the floor moaning when they get a little bump. Just saying.

SATAN
11-13-2021, 08:31 PM
I think when they get back Reaves, THT and LeBron it will start looking a little different. They don't even have a starting 5 figured out yet. It's unbelievable that a guy like Reaves plays with more heart than these vets that don't take games seriously. You often see Melo smiling his ass off while the team is losing.

imdaman99
11-13-2021, 08:38 PM
You often see Melo smiling his ass off while the team is losing.

Get used to it, it drove some of us Knick fans crazy every time he would cheese it up after missing a clutch shot. Just goes to show you that fans take L's more seriously than they do, understood since they are getting paid millions regardless of a W or L.

leopardJuice
11-13-2021, 10:41 PM
#LeCoast

hold this L
11-14-2021, 12:41 AM

"We sucked," Davis said when asked about the third. "No defense. Can't score. That's not just this third quarter, it's every third quarter we've played this season. We come out slow, lackadaisical offensively and defensively. We got to get it together. Why? I can't tell you. But we got to do a better job.

"We got to decide who we want to be. A championship team? That's not us right now," Davis said. "We're not winning a championship the way we're playing. We got to be better, and we got to care more for our wins at home. Wins in general. That was embarrassing."

https://sports.yahoo.com/anthony-davis-rips-lakers-after-loss-were-not-winning-a-championship-the-way-were-playing-204724290.html

He's not wrong, but at least his teammates aren't rolling around on the floor moaning when they get a little bump. Just saying.

He's been by far the best player on the team though, even if he's injury prone.

bladefd
11-14-2021, 12:53 AM
I think when they get back Reaves, THT and LeBron it will start looking a little different. They don't even have a starting 5 figured out yet. It's unbelievable that a guy like Reaves plays with more heart than these vets that don't take games seriously. You often see Melo smiling his ass off while the team is losing.

Reaves is pretty much another Caruso. Undrafted but plays his ass off every single game.

Now I wish we held onto Caruso.. He never not plays hard, and his defense is elite. Imagine Caruso and Reaves playing together. I would enjoy watching AD, LeBron, Reaves, Caruso play together along with Westbrook I guess (I don't like Westbrook's game but he always plays his ass off!).

tanibanana
11-14-2021, 02:26 AM
What does his teammates need to do, get younger over night.
You have an old team. You are the one who’s younger, why not carry them to wins.

PP34Deuce
11-14-2021, 04:01 AM
Like other poster said.. when lebron and tht get back you will see more cohesion. AD is def looking to be a better leader this year

Axe
11-14-2021, 06:42 AM
Sadly, this isn't the bubble anymore. Things are going to get tougher for them than before.

ImKobe
11-14-2021, 06:50 AM

What? Have you never watched Lebron play?

Anyways, Davis has been the only Laker who has consistently produced so far this season with Melo being a close 2nd, but that's not enough. Obviously injuries make it a lot harder but this team has not played with enough urgency, which is why they keep getting blasted in the 3rd quarter. They think they can just coast for 3 quarters and win the game at the end but they're not good enough defensively for that to work. Davis has been playing his ass off and is now taking over as the leader on this team, which is a great sign IMO because I always felt like he was following Lebron's lead a little too much, and Lebron at this stage in his career doesn't care about anything but the Playoffs & getting his numbers.

Pipes2.0
11-14-2021, 07:49 PM
Good to see him embracing his leadership role. Had a monster game tonight too.

Full Court
11-14-2021, 09:35 PM
Good to see him embracing his leadership role. Had a monster game tonight too.

Monster game against....the Spurs.

FireDavidKahn
11-14-2021, 09:54 PM
Letting Caruso go was such a boneheaded mistake.

FultzNationRISE
11-14-2021, 09:58 PM
Letting Caruso go was such a boneheaded mistake.

Well the problem is they dont consult LeVisionary before making any of these ****ing moves :facepalm

Pelinkas ass needs to get fired YESTERDAY.

ImKobe
11-15-2021, 09:52 AM
MVP Davis with another monster game :pimp:

28/12/4/2/3 51.8%FG averages since that Portland game with a 3 - 1 record.

Airupthere
11-15-2021, 09:55 AM
This is not good leadership from AD. He should patting his teammates on the back whatever happens. Be a good friend. Learn from scottie.