PDA

View Full Version : “Paul George is playing on an MVP level” – Isaiah Hartenstein

Lebron23
11-14-2021, 09:29 AM
https://www.sportskeeda.com/basketball/news-paul-george-playing-mvp-level-isaiah-hartenstein-lobbies-la-clippers-teammate-win-nba-mvp-race-giannis-antetokounmpo

Paul George made another MVP statement on Saturday night. George guided the Los Angeles Clippers to a comfortable 129-102 win against the visiting Minnesota Timberwolves, with a 23-point, 10-of-17 (58.8%) shooting from the field and a nine-rebound performance. It wasn’t exactly a record-breaking night for George, but it was enough to give the Clippers their seventh straight win of the season.

NBA
NBA
@NBA
Paul George leads the @LAClippers to their 7th straight win!

Reggie Jackson: 21 PTS
Terance Mann: 16 PTS (7-10 FGM)
Eric Bledsoe: 14 PTS, 9 AST
Isaiah Hartenstein: 12 PTS, 12 REB, 3 BLK
View image on Twitter
11:21 AM · Nov 14, 2021

Isaiah Hartenstein, the 23-year-old reserve Clippers’ center, who put up 12 points and 12 rebounds in the win, lobbied for Paul George to win the NBA MVP race based on his current form. Hartenstein, who has played in Houston and Denver previously, said of George:

“Paul George is playing on an MVP level. I've played with some MVP guys – James [Harden], Russ [Westbrook], [Nikola] Jokic.”
Farbod Esnaashari
Farbod Esnaashari
@Farbod_E
Isaiah Hartenstein: "Paul George is playing on an MVP level. I've played with some MVP guys - James, Russ, Jokic."
11:17 AM · Nov 14, 2021

Paul George guides LA Clippers to fourth seven-game win streak since joining the franchise
Hartenstein’s plug for George is not without evidence. Now in his 12th NBA season, Paul George is averaging 26.4 ppg and a career-best 2.5 spg with the LA Clippers. His scoring average is the fourth-best in the league this season while his steals average ranks the best in the NBA.

Bleacher Report
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
Paul George has been COOKIN' in the Clippers' seven-game winning streak ♨️
View image on Twitter
11:10 AM · Nov 14, 2021

More importantly, Paul George has given the Clippers their fourth seven-game winning streak since he joined the franchise after leaving the Oklahoma City Thunder. The first instance when the Clippers went on a seven-game winning run is when PG debuted for the team in November 2019. The team then pulled off a similar streak in January 2021 as part of their 2020-21 campaign, an effort the Clippers emulated in April 2021.

Law Murray ⛵
Law Murray ⛵
@LawMurrayTheNU
The Clippers have reached seven straight wins four times in the Kawhi/PG 213 era:

- November 2019 as soon as PG debuted

- January 2021, ended when PG/Kawhi entered health/safety
- April 2021, with Player of the Week PG

- NOW, after 1-4 start
11:47 AM · Nov 14, 2021

Now, after a woeful 1-4 start, Paul George’s MVP-caliber play has lifted the Clippers to an 8-4 record, giving them fifth position in the Western Conference standings. If George can lead them to another win against Chicago in their next game, it would be the first time the Clippers have won eight straight games in a row since they reeled off ten straight in January 2016.

Paul George has never won an MVP award. His best showing came when he finished third behind Giannis Antetokounmpo and James Harden in the 2018-19 MVP race.

Edited by Parimal Dagdee

Axe
11-14-2021, 09:56 AM
No kawhit, no problem.

ImKobe
11-14-2021, 10:02 AM
26/8/5/2 on 57%TS. He is almost playing on his 2019 level and he just proved he was capable of carrying a team in the POs so he has a chance to get some MVP votes but he's not playing better than Steph, Jokic, Giannis or KD. He might be in that next group though.

ShawkFactory
11-14-2021, 11:04 AM
I love his game. The top 10-11 players in the league is starting to change a little bit and I love it.

pandiani17
11-14-2021, 11:38 AM
He already had an MVP type season some years ago, with the Pacers I think. Amazing the level he is playing at after having an almost career-ending injury in the summer of 2014.

dankok8
11-14-2021, 01:16 PM
I feel like George hit another level last year in the playoffs. He's always been George Paul but last postseason he actually played the best I've ever seen him play and it seems to have carried over into this season. Happy for PG who seems like a nice dude!

tontoz
11-14-2021, 01:30 PM
He already had an MVP type season some years ago, with the Pacers I think. Amazing the level he is playing at after having an almost career-ending injury in the summer of 2014.

He was 3rd in the MVP voting in OKC even though he played with a bad shoulder the last few weeks of the season.

Full Court
11-14-2021, 05:41 PM
He's always been George Paul

Has he really though?

On a serious note, I'm becoming a big fan of the guy. He's top ten in the league right now and certainly in the MVP conversation.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-14-2021, 11:01 PM
They haven't even beat 1 good team on this 7 game winning streak if you look at the schedule. The closest was Miami without butler and their mediocre.

I do hope George can hold down a 6-8 seed until the real mvp returns

FultzNationRISE
11-14-2021, 11:07 PM
Careful, LeHaters! You wouldnt want people to remember Lebron took Paul “MVP” George’s soul multiple times in the supposed “bubble bath east.”

Suddenly the house of cards that is your narrative kinda start to crumble.

Blazers32
11-15-2021, 12:29 AM
Who is Isaiah Hartenstein?

TheGoatest
11-15-2021, 05:14 AM
Careful, LeHaters! You wouldnt want people to remember Lebron took Paul “MVP” George’s soul multiple times in the supposed “bubble bath east.”

:oldlol:

The story of LeHaters' lives when trying to make anti-LeBron "arguments":

https://imgflip.com/s/meme/Two-Buttons.jpg

ImKobe
11-15-2021, 11:42 AM

Crazy thing is these Bran stans will actually try to play that card lmao, like PG was a finished product in his 2nd-4th season.

ShawkFactory
11-15-2021, 12:00 PM
Crazy thing is these Bran stans will actually try to play that card lmao, like PG was a finished product in his 2nd-4th season.

He may not have been a finished product but I remember in 2014 he was pretty widely considered to be a top 5ish player

RRR3
11-15-2021, 12:12 PM
He may not have been a finished product but I remember in 2014 he was pretty widely considered to be a top 5ish player
And LeBron beat his ass with an old crippled Wade :bowdown:

How great is our LeGod?

HBK_Kliq_2
11-15-2021, 12:25 PM

How great is our LeGod?

So did Damian lillard and rookie mitchell.

George was a punching bag in the playoffs until he met kawhi

ImKobe
11-15-2021, 12:29 PM

How great is our LeGod?

That Pacers team was 23rd offensively lmao.. you're acting like that was some kind of an achievement. Old ass David West as PG's 2nd option :kobe: and Bran only averaged 23/6/6 to Wade's 20/4/5 in that series. Another case of Bran getting lucky as Granger got injured 6 games into the 2013 season and was never the same, that Pacers squad had potential with Danny. Of course PG shattered his leg in 2014 as well..

RRR3
11-15-2021, 12:32 PM

He did better without Kawhi last year :yaohappy:

Phoenix
11-15-2021, 12:38 PM

Based on the available data for this pairing, PG13 has gotten further without Kawhi than with him.

We'll update the data when the Kawhit/PG13 combo makes the finals. Until such time......shut the fukk up.

Axe
11-15-2021, 11:14 PM
And he also taught him how to blow a 3-1 lead in the second round of the playoffs last year. That is while being heavily favored to win it all. :lol