PDA

View Full Version : If you were rich, would you pretend to be ordinary?

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
07-18-2007, 09:56 AM
I know you would like to go living high society and all of that and have sex with a lot of hot models if you were super rich...

but when it came down to finding THE ONE, would you pretend to be an ordinary guy and not tell people you are rich? I mean if someone loves you for you, then that's all that matters right?

of course, she would find out about you sooner or later and can either suddenly shift into gold dig mode or complain about "secrets and lies."

but anyway, pretend that second part won't happen. would you pretend to be ordinary?

hell if I were rich, yeah I would try that if I were single.

snipes12
07-18-2007, 10:00 AM
my lamborghini will just rott in my garage...

j Fresh
07-18-2007, 10:00 AM
hmmm...

Darsh
07-18-2007, 10:24 AM
I think i would in certain aspects. I wouldnt go out and buy like 50 different cars, thats for sure. I think the only thing i would want is a massive supply of good clothes.

Its hard to say though, fortune changes people.

haterofhaters
07-18-2007, 10:27 AM
Women follow the money. Therefore if you were really that rich, it's most likely that someone would know. Therefore, the way i'd feel is that I might as well just be straight up honest from the start.

mlh1981
07-18-2007, 10:36 AM
I think a rich man would have some real problems finding a woman for a serious relationship. There's no real way of telling if they like you for who you are as a person, or for your gobs of money :confusedshrug:

Rich people can get all the booty they want. However, they prob. struggle more so with relationships than the average person.

Enigmatism
07-18-2007, 10:39 AM
I would pretend to be "ordinary" in retaliation for all the "ordinaries" who pretend to be rich.

gb8
07-18-2007, 11:12 AM
Even if I am rich I am still ordinary. With that being said there is nothing wrong with usng wealth to woo a woman. Shivelry died because its too expensive to be that way however I would enjoy being outlandish and making obscene gestures to get a broad too much to tone it down. Its like if you were superman in a 100 meter sprint at what point would your competetiveness and knowledge that you could run it one sec or whatever make you use yoru powers?

sixerfan82
07-18-2007, 11:16 AM
seeing as how ive never been rich, but i only buy stuff i need

i probably wouldnt buy 4-5 cars like another poster said, but i wouldnt be stingy with money either, hell i earned it, i'm probably going to enjoy it somehow

hateraid
07-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Fully. I would buys slightly better things. It would look as though I've earned it instead of winning it. IE:

- I would drive a Compass instead of my Focus
- I would buy a 3 bedroom home instead of living in my 2 bedroom apartment
- Have a small summer cottage instead of going on my 2 week summer getaways.

Just look alittle more comfortable and have a gradual build up. Thing is, when you have more money, more people want a peice. I've even noticed that just making more money than friends. Don't get me wrong, it's not like my friend are rgeedy. Just the way things are.

-primetime-
07-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Even if I am rich I am still ordinary. With that being said there is nothing wrong with usng wealth to woo a woman. Shivelry died because its too expensive to be that way however I would enjoy being outlandish and making obscene gestures to get a broad too much to tone it down. Its like if you were superman in a 100 meter sprint at what point would your competetiveness and knowledge that you could run it one sec or whatever make you use yoru powers?
Shivelry died because women killed it...

VCDrivesAPorscheToWork
07-18-2007, 02:50 PM
thank god shivelry died and chivalry still works. I was getting scared for a moment

reppy
07-18-2007, 03:46 PM
I took a really cold shower last night and when I got out, I was all shivelry!

Tarik One
07-18-2007, 04:13 PM
I can't help but think of Eddie Murphy in "Coming to America" when he was an African Prince who came to America to find his bride and ended up working at McDonald's, ahem, McDowell's LOL

Agent_Zero
07-18-2007, 04:47 PM
I would most likely be ordinary. Think about it, women seem to love a down to earth guy, not one who brags about their wealth (the mature ones, at least). But of course, I would still likely go out, have a good time, drive a good car, but when It came down to when I think I found The One, I would do everything in my power to try at act "ordinary" and down to earth.

baseketball4life
07-19-2007, 12:19 AM
I know you would like to go living high society and all of that and have sex with a lot of hot models if you were super rich...

but when it came down to finding THE ONE, would you pretend to be an ordinary guy and not tell people you are rich? I mean if someone loves you for you, then that's all that matters right?

of course, she would find out about you sooner or later and can either suddenly shift into gold dig mode or complain about "secrets and lies."

but anyway, pretend that second part won't happen. would you pretend to be ordinary?

hell if I were rich, yeah I would try that if I were single.
i would not be ordinary i would be a rich slob

Akrazotile
09-03-2014, 12:34 AM

:wtf:

TylerOO
09-03-2014, 01:06 AM
Im buying a fly ass whip within the first week

KyrieTheFuture
09-03-2014, 01:08 AM
I'd live extremely comfortably but I wouldn't be very flashy. I'd spend money on vacation or cars and have the exact same wardrobe. I wouldn't hang out with other rich people for the most part

GimmeThat
09-03-2014, 01:28 AM
choosing the one?

why don't we just say that we are ordinary when it comes to the subject of love?

I just don't know how high IQ/EQ is going to help you with it either way. or money, the subject matter.