PDA

View Full Version : Is Nash the worst coach in the NBA?

noonereal
11-17-2021, 10:47 AM
A friend wants to know.

pandiani17
11-17-2021, 12:36 PM
I think he is a good coach, and he will get better as the years go by and he gets more experience in dealing with certain situations all coaches regularly face. In addition, his current gig is very tricky, with Harden playing worse than ever with the new rules and all the drama sorrounding Kyrie.

getting_old
11-17-2021, 02:25 PM
My test is:

1) Is he noted for winning important games that you never gave his team a real chance?

and

2) Did he lose a lot of important games that his team had no business losing?

lots of great coaches were gifted talent and won when they played better, but they couldn't adjust to a real slap in the face by an opponent...

some immortal legends fall into that category... for me...

GimmeThat
11-17-2021, 02:59 PM
he probably could design 5 plays per player in a relatively short amount of time. but then, I'm asking him to play football and not soccer here.

chocolatethunder
11-17-2021, 04:24 PM
I can’t tell if he’s a good coach or not bc his team is ass outside of Harden and Durant. Harris is an excellent shooter but rn it doesn’t even matter bc they have no defenders. Idk harden was a mess last year and this year he’s just starting to play better. I def don’t think he’s a great coach at all but I can’t tell if he’s really bad yet

FKAri
11-17-2021, 05:55 PM
My test is:

1) Is he noted for winning important games that you never gave his team a real chance?

and

2) Did he lose a lot of important games that his team had no business losing?

lots of great coaches were gifted talent and won when they played better, but they couldn't adjust to a real slap in the face by an opponent...

some immortal legends fall into that category... for me...

Just goes to show how any and all unknowns are substituted with "coach did it". It's also how COTY is decided: "Did a team do better than expected? Must be the coach who made the difference!".

Real Men Wear Green
11-17-2021, 06:36 PM
As fans we really don't know who a good coach is. We just judge the result. Winning must mean coach is bad, losing means he sucks. And with that very flaud standard to follow we can't judge Nash. He has never had a season with all of his stars playing together. And whenever he does he will supposedly have such an overwhelming advantage that we still can't tell if he's good, we will just assume he's bad if they don't make the Finals.

Blazers32
11-17-2021, 09:11 PM
He learned most of his coaching under Mike D'Antoni, Alvin Gentry and co. So expect him to be shit coach.