PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to disupte Steph as best in NBA?

Shogon
11-17-2021, 01:33 PM
The Warriors supporting cast has gotten better so the record is better so now the MVP hype begins again but he has been basically this exact same guy for the past like 5 or 6 years in effectiveness even when the team was mediocre last year.

This dude has clearly been the best player in the NBA for a number of years now... at least since 2017 at a minimum... LeBron was the last torch bearer... and now it's Steph... and it has been. Don't want to hear about his Finals MVPs. Durant actually made that team worse because he robbed them of depth and now it's starting to show. He gave them someone that could break down defenses when things ground to a halt and you need someone to ISO but that's about it. He detracted from the "magic" that the Warriors had in years prior. Steph absolutely cucked himself by letting Durant steal his shine for 3 years.

Steph's off ball movement and threat from anywhere past the half court line breaks down defenses like nothing before in NBA history. I'm not sure I've seen anyone command as much defensive attention in my entire league viewing history and that includes Shaquille O'Neal.

I hate his celebrating bullshit antics on the court but there's no denying his impact. And his team defense has been underrated for years. Nobody says he's going to lock people up 1 on 1 but he knows how to position his body for optimal team defense.

Remember folks, NBA basketball isn't a 1 on 1 contest. Nobody is saying he is the best 1 on 1 player. But he sure as shit is the best 5 on 5 player in the league and it's not close.

FultzNationRISE
11-17-2021, 01:53 PM
Have you heard of Lebron James?

It’s okay if you havent, I just wanna know so that I have all the information available on your thinking process here before I judge you for it.

AlternativeAcc.
11-17-2021, 01:54 PM
Steph threads in November never cease to entertain :roll:

You morons never learn

After how many years of failure without durant and sitting out games... after getting stomped by a rookie in a play-in game like 6 months ago.... but here we are in november and he's the best! Shaq like! Even though his stats aren't close to being the best either :lol

Hahahahahahahahaha

FultzNationRISE
11-17-2021, 01:55 PM

You morons never learn

After hoe many years of failure without durant and sitting out games... 11 games I'm November and he's the best! Shaq like!

Hahahahahahahahaha

Also this.

Shogon
11-17-2021, 01:56 PM
Have you heard of Lebron James?

It’s okay if you havent, I just wanna know so that I have all the information available on your thinking process here before I judge you for it.

Bruh you've long since passed meme territory to the point that I can't give you any sort of effort in a response, lol.

You morons never learn

After hoe many years of failure without durant and sitting out games... 11 games I'm November and he's the best! Shaq like!

Hahahahahahahahaha

Years of failure without Durant?

You mean like 2015 when they won the title and 2016 when they pushed it to 7 games in the Finals after beating Durant?

What other years are we talking about? When him and his supporting cast were growing up from being literal children? Or we talking about the year he was most recently injured/the year the Warriors mostly held him out so that they could do better with the draft because they knew they weren't going anywhere? Like wtf? Do we watch the same league?

GimmeThat
11-17-2021, 02:01 PM
it's a little odd considering those celebrating antics, and him winning multiple kids choice award. But then I suppose when Lebron joined the Heat, he said it himself "I don't mind playing the villain".

AlternativeAcc.
11-17-2021, 02:02 PM
Bruh you've long since passed meme territory to the point that I can't give you any sort of effort in a response, lol.

You mean like 2015 when they won the title and 2016 when they pushed it to 7 games in the Finals?

What other years are we talking about? When him and his supporting cast were growing up from being literal children? Or we talking about the year he was most recently injured or the year the Warriors mostly held him out so that they could do better with the draft because they knew they weren't going anywhere? Like wtf? Do we watch the same league?

Didn't you say he's been the best since 2017

Wtf has he done other than watch durant win fmvp and watch the playoffs from his fuccing couch rubbing ayeshas feet after getting stomped by a rookie to make the playoffs?

Durant was busy dropping 50 in elimination games and being heralded as the best player by the 2x MVP and now champion Giannis who was at his peak

Imagine being a 2x mvp at age 26 and admitting someone is better after your team wins and makes the finals... durant proved in the playoffs he's by far the best. Curry proved he's not even on Ja Morants level and was busy getting fucced by a walrus with a strap on

Oh wait 11 games in November!!! He's the GOAT!!! Lmfaoooo

Glad I could stop by to shut this shit down

Curry fuccing sucks and I will gladly be shutting any pro curry thread down for the remainder of the season until he inevitably shits the bed when it matters.

tontoz
11-17-2021, 02:03 PM

You morons never learn

After how many years of failure without durant and sitting out games... after getting stomped by a rookie in a play-in game like 6 months ago.... but here we are in november and he's the best! Shaq like! Even though his stats aren't close to being the best either :lol

Hahahahahahahahaha

When did he get stomped by a rookie? Please enlighten us.

You can't possibly be talking about the play in game vs Memphis. Steph scored 39 that game and Morant wasn't a rookie. :facepalm

Just a few days prior Steph outscored Morant 46-16 to get a higher seed going into the play in game.

hold this L
11-17-2021, 02:13 PM
Looks like Durbeta's mom finally stopped grounding him and gave him his computer back. He's back :lol

hold this L
11-17-2021, 02:14 PM
The Warriors supporting cast has gotten better so the record is better so now the MVP hype begins again but he has been basically this exact same guy for the past like 5 or 6 years in effectiveness even when the team was mediocre last year.

This dude has clearly been the best player in the NBA for a number of years now... at least since 2017 at a minimum... LeBron was the last torch bearer... and now it's Steph... and it has been. Don't want to hear about his Finals MVPs. Durant actually made that team worse because he robbed them of depth and now it's starting to show. He gave them someone that could break down defenses when things ground to a halt and you need someone to ISO but that's about it. He detracted from the "magic" that the Warriors had in years prior. Steph absolutely cucked himself by letting Durant steal his shine for 3 years.

Steph's off ball movement and threat from anywhere past the half court line breaks down defenses like nothing before in NBA history. I'm not sure I've seen anyone command as much defensive attention in my entire league viewing history and that includes Shaquille O'Neal.

I hate his celebrating bullshit antics on the court but there's no denying his impact. And his team defense has been underrated for years. Nobody says he's going to lock people up 1 on 1 but he knows how to position his body for optimal team defense.

Remember folks, NBA basketball isn't a 1 on 1 contest. Nobody is saying he is the best 1 on 1 player. But he sure as shit is the best 5 on 5 player in the league and it's not close.
There's loads of players that would beat Steph 1v1. As a team, he's been the best for a long time. Unfortunately, I have to give it to Lebron for 2019 when Steph got injured for the whole season. I love that they finally signed high IQ players and shooters.

Since 1996, anyone want to guess the best +/- in the NBA? 4 of them include Steph, the other is Draymond. Lebron is 6th for a season. Complete domination.

tontoz
11-17-2021, 02:15 PM
https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20211029-195923.jpg

https://hosting.photobucket.com/images/g195/tontoz/Screenshot_20210521-092012.jpg

3ba11
11-17-2021, 02:17 PM
No. I have him top 5 all-time before this recent tear:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499177-My-top-10-(supercedes-all-previous-rankings-for-reference-purposes-going-forward)

He fits my top 10 criteria of knowing how to win (organic) and also carry-job ability, aka without super-teams and without equal-scoring partners to attract equal defensive attention (no 1b's).. Carry-jobs require elite jumpshooting skill and allow guys to win with less help (without super-teams or 1b's)

AlternativeAcc.
11-17-2021, 02:18 PM
When did he get stomped by a rookie? Please enlighten us.

You can't possibly be talking about the play in game vs Memphis. Steph scored 39 that game and Morant wasn't a rookie. :facepalm

Just a few days prior Steph outscored Morant 46-16 to get a higher seed going into the play in game.

Look we got the fuccing stat keeper over here

Did curry make the playoffs or no?

Has he won a single playoff game since durant left yes or no?

He choked on a dick wo durant in the finals 2019 and proceeded to lead lottery casts and lose to rookies in play-in games

So when they beat shitty teams in November he's a God but when he gets owned by a rookie it's all good?

Morant bullied steph in every facet and showed up in clutch time to win the game. Little steph was invisible like usual

Got owned by a 21 yo (rookie age)

Kblaze8855
11-17-2021, 02:18 PM
2000 Shaq might be the last “It’s not close” comparison to Kevin Durant. And that might not be true either. There is almost never a “And it’s not close” best player. Maybe Lebron in 13. Maybe. It’s almost always close we just have a society of people who can’t accept that reasonable people can disagree with them. Steph, Durant, and Giannis are all close enough to the top for me to not care which you say is best. Have to find out if Lebron is healthy enough to say that about later. And Luka and Jokic are also pretty ridiculous….

The “It’s not close” situations are generally when other elites are hurt or too young to say for sure what they are. Lebrons hurt…but we know who most of the others are. Pretty similar levels of play.

warriorfan
11-17-2021, 02:22 PM
2000 Shaq might be the last “It’s not close” comparison to Kevin Durant. And that might not be true either. There is almost never a “And it’s not close” best player. Maybe Lebron in 13. Maybe. It’s almost always close we just have a society of people who can’t accept that reasonable people can disagree with them. Steph, Durant, and Giannis are all close enough to the top for me to not care which you say is best. Have to find out if Lebron is healthy enough to say that about later. And Luka and Jokic are also pretty ridiculous….

The “It’s not close” situations are generally when other elites are hurt or too young to say for sure what they are. Lebrons hurt…but we know who most of the others are. Pretty similar levels of play.

Whether you don’t care or not doesn’t change the fact they would be wrong.

tontoz
11-17-2021, 02:23 PM
Look we got the fuccing stat keeper over here

Did curry make the playoffs or no?

Has he won a single playoff game since durant left yes or no?

He choked on a dick wo durant in the finals 2019 and proceeded to lead lottery casts and lose to rookies in play-in games

So when they beat shitty teams in November he's a God but when he gets owned by a rookie it's all good?

Morant bullied steph in every facet and showed up in clutch time to win the game. Little steph was invisible like usual

Got owned by a 21 yo (rookie age)

Since when is scoring 39 points invisible? And they had the 8 seed in spite of being 2-7 without Steph, in spite of Klay being out and in spite of missing two starters (Wiseman and Oubre) the last few weeks of the season.

In his last two games against Morant last year Steph scored a combined 85 points. :oldlol:

Again when did he lose to a rookie in a play in game? Actually when did he get owned by a rookie in ANY game? Just because you keep repeating the same nonsense doesn't make it true.

tontoz
11-17-2021, 02:24 PM
As far as the best in the game i would put Giannis/Jokic/Steph/Durant on the top tier. I can't pick a clear best player among them.

Stephonit
11-17-2021, 02:27 PM
As long as the argument used is consistent throughout and isn't prejudiced, I don't mind one that doesn't have Steph at the top, but there aren't many consistent arguments that make sense that never had him there and Steph checks all the boxes even better than some guys thought of as top 5 all-time.

hold this L
11-17-2021, 02:31 PM

Luka is not at the same level some of these other top guys are at, not yet anyways.

SouBeachTalents
11-17-2021, 02:34 PM
Curry was def not better than LeBron in ‘17 or ‘18, and he was the 3rd best player by a clear margin in the Finals both those years. You could argue him as BITW for ‘19 & ‘21, though there would be several players, esp last year, that would get consideration over him as well.

His playoff production is ATG and usually pretty similar to his regular season output, but based off the eye test, he’s just not as consistently dominant as he is in the regular season. Curry looks legitimately unstoppable, like he did last night, in the regular season, but you never quite get that sense from him in the playoffs. Don’t get it twisted, he’s still great, but he looks more mortal in the playoffs.

SouBeachTalents
11-17-2021, 02:39 PM
No. I have him top 5 all-time before this recent tear:

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499177-My-top-10-(supercedes-all-previous-rankings-for-reference-purposes-going-forward)

He fits my top 10 criteria of knowing how to win (organic) and also carry-job ability, aka without super-teams and without equal-scoring partners to attract equal defensive attention (no 1b's).. Carry-jobs require elite jumpshooting skill and allow guys to win with less help (without super-teams or 1b's)
http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?493318-Curry-is-the-most-overrated-player-in-history

GimmeThat
11-17-2021, 02:41 PM
my dispute is I don't want to be with some chic that I gotta be worried about her waking up the next day and decided that she doesn't know what she wants out of the relationship.

as for the possibility of me not knowing what I want? the only part of France that has ever known me, has been the French Maid

Shogon
11-17-2021, 02:50 PM

Kevin Durant is the king of 1 on 1 contests and he might be the king in NBA history but nah...

I'll take Steph and Jokic over Durant all day every day for NBA basketball.

Jokic is the only guy I would even have a discussion about at this point.

tontoz
11-17-2021, 03:15 PM
Kevin Durant is the king of 1 on 1 contests and he might be the king in NBA history but nah...

Stephs off ball impact will never get full credit from most of this board. He is the only guy i have ever seen get double teamed outside the 3 pt line when he didn't even have the ball.

Kblaze8855
11-17-2021, 03:27 PM
Whether you don’t care or not doesn’t change the fact they would be wrong.

Deep down most everyone thinks their opinions are facts….but fact is we are all wrong. Such things should be saved for the kinda examples pulled out of someone’s ass to be difficult. The “Well was Jordan better than my uncle? There are no facts right?” stupid answers.

Kblaze8855
11-17-2021, 03:31 PM

Take who you want. KD vs _____ is still a long way from a “not even close”.

Kevin Durant on the same floor wouldn’t be consistently on a whole lower tier than anyone. Maybe anyone ever.

A few might outplay him a little more often than the reverse but nobody is gonna just give him the top rope elbow drop like you’re suggesting. Matchups can make anyone look good or bad for a week but consistent level of play and ability?

KD doesn’t get clowned by anyone who ever dribbled a ball.

tontoz
11-17-2021, 03:43 PM
Durant can play off the ball as well, he just isnt as good at it as Steph. He isn't just a 1 on 1 guy.

Hey Yo
11-17-2021, 03:48 PM

You mean like 2015 when they won the title and 2016 when they pushed it to 7 games in the Finals after beating Durant?

What other years are we talking about? When him and his supporting cast were growing up from being literal children? Or we talking about the year he was most recently injured/the year the Warriors mostly held him out so that they could do better with the draft because they knew they weren't going anywhere? Like wtf? Do we watch the same league?

Steph shut himself down for the rest of 2020 in order for his team to tank. Then Draymond did the same thing shortly after.

Completely un-respectable.

Kblaze8855
11-17-2021, 03:54 PM
I actually think Durant, Steph, and Wade are all underrated from an all time perspective. Just talking basketball. Not legacy and accolades and all that shit. Just….everyone ever playing ability?

Put the prime version of any of them in the league with whoever. Magic….Hakeem…Lebron….Jordan…Shaq….Kareem….whoever you want.

They aren’t gonna look downright outclassed. Maybe in a series one side or the other would shine for any number of reasons….but they would be either next to or knocking on the door for best in the league status no matter who else was in the league.

The big discrepancies are legacy wise not basketball.

On a certain level it’s like….99.8 vs 99.5.

You can only be so much better than those guys.

Stephonit
11-17-2021, 04:02 PM
Curry was def not better than LeBron in ‘17 or ‘18, and he was the 3rd best player by a clear margin in the Finals both those years. You could argue him as BITW for ‘19 & ‘21, though there would be several players, esp last year, that would get consideration over him as well.

His playoff production is ATG and usually pretty similar to his regular season output, but based off the eye test, heÂ’s just not as consistently dominant as he is in the regular season. Curry looks legitimately unstoppable, like he did last night, in the regular season, but you never quite get that sense from him in the playoffs. DonÂ’t get it twisted, heÂ’s still great, but he looks more mortal in the playoffs.

He has looked more mortal in the playoffs but I wonder if people are misled by poor moments because they are used to that look from other players and presume it also applies to him. But Curry is not like other players. Curry is the most dangerous offensive force in the history of basketball. Just when you think you have him beat he can still muster enough firepower to obliterate you. He's shown this numerous times.

In the 2016 Trail Blazers series the Warriors crawl back into game 4 behind Curry coming off an injury, a game which featured one of those played up supposedly unclutch moments where he missed a go-ahead shot to ice the game. Weak isn't he? He proceeds to set the overtime scoring record and incinerate the Blazers.

The Warriors fall behind 1-3 to the OKC Thunder in the their 2016 series. The Warriors look discombobulated. It's over right? The Warriors storm back and shatter the Thunder a blow from which the franchise has yet to recover.

Steph missed most of the year and joins the Warriors just before the Rockets series in 2018. He looks awful in the first few games and the Rockets take a 3-2 lead over the Warriors. This is going to be a stinging defeat isn't it? No, Curry in game 7 orchestrates a comeback that overtakes the Rockets who are tired and spent from having to guard the relentless Warriors.

In 2019 Steph again looks out of sorts while KD looks magnificent. The series is virtually tied up until game 5 when disaster strikes for the Warriors and KD suffers an ACL injury. The Warriors somehow still manage to pull out that game but then pundits say the Rockets are now going to win over the Warriors without KD. Game 6 starts with Curry scoring zero in the first half. This must end in humiliation? For the Rockets not Curry who pulverizes them in the second half.

In the following series, the Trail Blazers take a 17 point lead in games 2, 3, 4. Sounds like a series the Blazers will win? No, not even close. The Warriors sweep with Curry one upping LeBronto in the scoring department.

Over and over observers might be forgiven for thinking the Warriors were done, Curry disappointing. Again and again he proves them wrong.

Why do people still doubt this guy?

RRR3
11-17-2021, 04:03 PM
He was the best last year, I'm not sure he's better than Jokic at the moment though.

11-17-2021, 04:05 PM
He has looked more mortal in the playoffs but I wonder if people are misled by poor moments because they are used to that look from other players and presume it also applies to him. But Curry is not like other players. Curry is the most dangerous offensive force in the history of basketball. Just when you think you have him beat he can still muster enough firepower to obliterate you. He's shown this numerous times.

In the 2016 Trail Blazers series the Warriors crawl back into game 4 behind Curry coming off an injury, a game which featured one of those played up supposedly unclutch moments where he missed a go-ahead shot to ice the game. Weak isn't he? He proceeds to set the overtime scoring record and incinerate the Blazers.

The Warriors fall behind 1-3 to the OKC Thunder in the their 2016 series. The Warriors look discombobulated. It's over right? The Warriors storm back and shatter the Thunder a blow from which the franchise has yet to recover.

Steph missed most of the year and joins the Warriors just before the Rockets series in 2018. He looks awful in the first few games and the Rockets take a 3-2 lead over the Warriors. This is going to be a stinging defeat isn't it? No, Curry in game 7 orchestrates a comeback that overtakes the Rockets who are tired and spent from having to guard the relentless Warriors.

In 2019 Steph again looks out of sorts while KD looks magnificent. The series is virtually tied up until game 5 when disaster strikes for the Warriors and KD suffers an ACL injury. The Warriors somehow still manage to pull out that game but then pundits say the Rockets are now going to win over the Warriors without KD. Game 6 starts with Curry scoring zero in the first half. This must end in humiliation? For the Rockets not Curry who pulverizes them in the second half.

In the following series, the Trail Blazers take a 17 point lead in games 2, 3, 4. Sounds like a series the Blazers will win? No, not even close. The Warriors sweep with Curry one upping LeBronto in the scoring department.

Over and over observers might be forgiven for thinking the Warriors were done, Curry disappointing. Again and again he proves them wrong.

:applause:

GimmeThat
11-17-2021, 04:17 PM

to pull a line off of "The Prestige". What do you think would have happened to Curry, had he had a twin, or even an alcoholic double. Do you think Curry would have been okay to be in the disappearing act, while the drunken double who contributed nothing but having been a lookalike gets all the glory.

KD left the Warriors as it appeared it Was eating up inside of the OG Warriors.

Abracadabra

dankok8
11-17-2021, 05:05 PM

His playoff production is ATG and usually pretty similar to his regular season output, but based off the eye test, he’s just not as consistently dominant as he is in the regular season. Curry looks legitimately unstoppable, like he did last night, in the regular season, but you never quite get that sense from him in the playoffs. Don’t get it twisted, he’s still great, but he looks more mortal in the playoffs.

Curry was arguably the best player in the 2018 finals. Look at it game by game:

Game 1: Lebron > Curry > Durant
Game 2: Curry > Lebron > Durant
Game 3: Durant > Lebron > Curry
Game 4: Curry > Durant > Lebron

Curry basically had a terrible Game 3 just atrocious and Lebron was a beast in Game 1 with 51 points and clearly the best player but Curry was probably the best player in two games in that series both Game 2 and Game 4.

To say 3rd best by a clear margin is very wrong.

RRR3
11-17-2021, 05:10 PM

Curry basically had a terrible Game 3 just atrocious and Lebron was a beast in Game 1 with 51 points and clearly the best player but Curry was probably the best player in two games in that series both Game 2 and Game 4.

Will never get over the refs screwing LeBron out of that game 1. Even if he wins 5 more rings I wouldn’t get over it. That was absolute bullshit. I know he still would have lost the series and might not have even won another game but still.

AirFederer
11-17-2021, 05:35 PM
Truth

Micku
11-17-2021, 06:04 PM
Not too sure there is a clear best player for the past two years.

Atm, Jokic, Curry, KD, and Giannis are all playing great. Once LeBron gets healthy, I'm sure he'll be in the conversation again too.

outofstomach
11-17-2021, 08:12 PM
Didn't you say he's been the best since 2017

Wtf has he done other than watch durant win fmvp and watch the playoffs from his fuccing couch rubbing ayeshas feet after getting stomped by a rookie to make the playoffs?

Durant was busy dropping 50 in elimination games and being heralded as the best player by the 2x MVP and now champion Giannis who was at his peak

Imagine being a 2x mvp at age 26 and admitting someone is better after your team wins and makes the finals... durant proved in the playoffs he's by far the best. Curry proved he's not even on Ja Morants level and was busy getting fucced by a walrus with a strap on

Oh wait 11 games in November!!! He's the GOAT!!! Lmfaoooo

Glad I could stop by to shut this shit down

Curry fuccing sucks and I will gladly be shutting any pro curry thread down for the remainder of the season until he inevitably shits the bed when it matters. :lol

Spurs m8
11-17-2021, 08:17 PM

You morons never learn

Hahahahahahahahaha

Sounds EXACTLY like bron when he doesn't stack the deck :roll:

Too funny

SATAN
11-17-2021, 08:39 PM
LeBron!! :mad:

:facepalm

plowking
11-17-2021, 09:02 PM
I think it is between Curry and Giannis.
Durant for as good as he is, really is just the scorer who plays lazy everywhere else. I think he is the one that has least utilised his potential.

Blazers32
11-17-2021, 09:03 PM
Lebron James, when he plays. Even at age 38, is the best imo.

SouBeachTalents
11-17-2021, 09:04 PM

Just looking at their averages

LeBron: 34/9/10 on 62%TS
Durant: 29/11/8 on 65%TS
Curry: 28/6/7 on 56%TS

I'll agree it was not as pronounced between him & Durant as it was in 2017, but to me he was still clearly the 3rd best player in the Finals, and there was still a significant gap between him & LeBron.

I'm too lazy to look it up, but there was an informative article showing that Durant scored significantly more points with the game in the balance, and Curry scored significantly more with the game out of reach.

Blazers32
11-17-2021, 09:05 PM
When Durant played for the Warriors, Curry gave the torch for team best player to Durant.