PDA

View Full Version : “Pippen was the second greatest basketball player on the planet” -Dennis Rodman

expansionera
11-18-2021, 02:09 PM
Rodman was thrust into the public spotlight again in 2020 as part of the wildly popular Netflix series, The Last Dance, which profiled Michael Jordan’s final season with the Chicago Bulls. Rodman told GQ he always felt he was a sharp contrast to Jordan.

“You got the greatest basketball player on the planet [Jordan], the second greatest in Scottie Pippen, and then you got [me] the devil,” he said.

Imagine how many rings Lebron would have if he played with KD/Curry every year instead of beating them.

RogueBorg
11-18-2021, 04:06 PM
Rodman was thrust into the public spotlight again in 2020 as part of the wildly popular Netflix series, The Last Dance, which profiled Michael Jordan’s final season with the Chicago Bulls. Rodman told GQ he always felt he was a sharp contrast to Jordan.

“You got the greatest basketball player on the planet [Jordan], the second greatest in Scottie Pippen, and then you got [me] the devil,” he said.

Imagine how many rings Lebron would have if he played with KD/Curry every year instead of beating them.

More help? I thought Lebron just needs a ball...will you losers make up your damn minds.

Gohan
11-18-2021, 04:36 PM
More help? I thought Lebron just needs a ball...will you losers make up your damn minds.

Lol lebron needs a ball and some needles

2much_knowledge
11-18-2021, 05:10 PM

Lol , owned

Maybe lonzo ball and lamelo too lol

Axe
11-18-2021, 05:34 PM
This makes sense.

97 bulls
11-18-2021, 05:38 PM
Brid, John Salley, Rodman, Isiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, are a few players that have said Pippen was the best player in basketball at one time.

SATAN
11-18-2021, 07:08 PM
Wow, 3ball obliterated.

hateraid
11-18-2021, 10:38 PM

He said imagine IF he did. Learn comprehension

2much_knowledge
11-19-2021, 01:29 AM
He said imagine IF he did. Learn comprehension

Hard to imagine how many extra allstars would it take for at least a 500. Finals record

hateraid
11-19-2021, 02:03 AM
Hard to imagine how many extra allstars would it take for at least a 500. Finals record

Looks like another lacks comprehension

SATAN
11-19-2021, 06:34 AM

A weak era where Craig Ehlo was regarded as a great defender and grocery bagger Starks was regarded as a great scorer might change it? Hmm...Maybe throw in a midget or two. That might do it.

bizil
11-19-2021, 02:57 PM
Pippen WAS NEVER the 2nd greatest basketball player on the planet! That shit is a FLAT OUT MYTH!! ALL AROUND WISE, sure Pip was the 2nd best player on the planet. When MJ retired, AT THAT POINT he was the best ALL AROUND PLAYER on the planet. By that I mean the way he had great defense, great rebounding for a SF, and great passing. To go with 20 PPG. From there, he could play or defend four different positions.

Best all around and THE BEST PLAYER are two different things sometimes. MJ held both mantles at the same time. LeBron did as well. Kobe did at one point. Giannis has a great case now. EVEN THOUGH I prefer KD and Steph over him. Giannis is the better ALL AROUND player. But KD and Steph for me can carry an offense better. And are very good all around players.

So sure all around wise, Pip was top 2 and even #1 at one point in time. But prime for prime, Pip was NEVER better than:

Chuck
Dream
Shaq
Admiral
Drexler
Ewing
Mailman
Nique

So once MJ retired, Pip became the best ALL AROUND PLAYER in the world. IF Pip had dominant scoring ability (at least on Drexler's level), then SURE he would have been the best player on the planet once MJ was gone. In contention with The Dream and Barkley! To be the best player in the world, u GOTTA have alpha dog scoring ability as part of your arsenal. In the 60's, Wilt was the best player. In the 70's, Kareem was the best player. In the 80's, Bird or Magic was the best player. And in the 90's, MJ was the best. 2000s Kobe, Shaq, or Tim.

In the 2010's, Bron. Now you got Curry, KD, or Giannis as the best in the world. ALL THESE GUYS had alpha dog scoring ability in some form. ALL THESE GUYS were MVP's in the league! ALL THESE GUYS were champions! Pip simply was never on that level as a player! G Hill and Bron took what Pip was doing to the next level.

Gohan
11-19-2021, 05:35 PM
Brid, John Salley, Rodman, Isiah Thomas, Karl Malone, Charles Barkely, are a few players that have said Pippen was the best player in basketball at one time.

All of them have lost all credibility too sorry but true