PDA

View Full Version : Do LAKERS make playoffs this year?

TAZORAC
11-19-2021, 11:09 PM
I don't see how they can make any improvements, unless Lebron turns into 2008, Lebron and Kendrick Nunn comes back and averages 20PPG.

Do they make the playoffs?

Blazers32
11-19-2021, 11:11 PM
Right now Memphis look better.

SouBeachTalents
11-19-2021, 11:12 PM
Probably. Though if LeBron or AD miss significant time, a very distinct possibility, their playoff spot could be in serious jeopardy.

Full Court
Is there a play-in tourney thingy again this year? If so, they could possibly pick up 8th seed.

Airupthere
Lebron is just keeping his individual statline intact now rather than trying to win

HunterSThompson
11-19-2021, 11:16 PM
Westbrook for kyrie, lillard or sinmons will go down. pretty obvious

Blazers32
11-19-2021, 11:21 PM
Westbrook for kyrie, lillard or sinmons will go down. pretty obvious

Blazers wont trade for Westbrook.He is damaged goods.

RRR3
11-19-2021, 11:23 PM
If LeBron and AD stay healthy.

Blazers32
11-19-2021, 11:24 PM

And Westbrook gets injured :lol:

Xiao Yao You
11-19-2021, 11:33 PM
hope not

TAZORAC
11-20-2021, 10:43 AM

For the first time in LBJ'S career....I'm going to say that HE'S a bit of the problem. He holds the ball too much, that USE to work when he could drive to the basket at will, score, get fouled or kick it out to somebody for an open 3. Because he no longer can drive to the basket at will, that causes for a predictable offense, probably the most predictable offense in the NBA.

999Guy
11-20-2021, 10:52 AM
Doubtful.

They’ve had 6 road games and 11 home games to start the year.

They’re not .500 level as a team. They’re lottery trash. The schedule just hasn’t caught up to show it fully.

Real Men Wear Green
11-20-2021, 11:12 AM
Overreaction is too strong in this thread. Jordan 70 win Bulls once lost to a Raptor team that was worst in the NBA. Losing to the Celtics isn't nearly as bad as that. Oddly I agree with the troll's Irving for Westbrook trade idea if LA can pull it off I just wonder if either side would be down for it (KD would have to approve). But whether Westbrook (still Good player just an awful fit) is moved or not James and Davis are not missing the playoffs. They will drag that team to 47+ wins no matter what.

ImKobe
11-20-2021, 11:16 AM
Yes. The WC is not that good. Lebron needs to stop load managing all these damn games and help us win some. This team's low-key been decimated by injuries to start the season with only 7 games of Lebron + THT, Nunn Ariza etc have been out for most of it as well and they're still trying to build chemistry with WB and Davis.

Full Court
11-20-2021, 03:40 PM
Overreaction is too strong in this thread. Jordan 70 win Bulls once lost to a Raptor team that was worst in the NBA. Losing to the Celtics isn't nearly as bad as that. Oddly I agree with the troll's Irving for Westbrook trade idea if LA can pull it off I just wonder if either side would be down for it (KD would have to approve). But whether Westbrook (still Good player just an awful fit) is moved or not James and Davis are not missing the playoffs. They will drag that team to 47+ wins no matter what.

I don't think it is an overreaction, and it's not just about one game against the Celtics. The Lakers have three current superstars, and on paper they are STACKED. People were saying their abysmal performance was due to Lebrone being out. So he came back, and the Lakers looked as bad as ever. This is a continuation of the pattern. 17 games into the season, and the Lakers aren't even a .500 team.

bladefd
11-20-2021, 10:54 PM

Durant would never approve. He knows Westbrook is not a good player anymore. I would not even get my hopes up for that.

SATAN
11-20-2021, 11:48 PM
Anyone think Melo is getting too many minutes some games? He's slow and can't play defense for the most part. If he's not shooting well I assume Ariza will snatch some of those minutes. Nunn will get some of Monk's minutes. Then you got 2 somewhat decent defenders out there who can shoot the 3. I don't know what happens with AB.

I wouldn't count the Lakers out just yet. Unless Vogel has lost the plot.

bladefd
11-21-2021, 03:05 AM
Anyone think Melo is getting too many minutes some games? He's slow and can't play defense for the most part. If he's not shooting well I assume Ariza will snatch some of those minutes. Nunn will get some of Monk's minutes. Then you got 2 somewhat decent defenders out there who can shoot the 3. I don't know what happens with AB.

I wouldn't count the Lakers out just yet. Unless Vogel has lost the plot.

I would suggest a minor trade for say covington for Monk/Jordan/bazemore..

Harrison barnes would be great too but might require nunn/monk/jordan/THT to make it work money-wise. I would like to see Nunn play first and THT for few more games alongside LeBron.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2021, 07:36 AM
I would suggest a minor trade for say covington for Monk/Jordan/bazemore..

Harrison barnes would be great too but might require nunn/monk/jordan/THT to make it work money-wise. I would like to see Nunn play first and THT for few more games alongside LeBron.

teams lining up for the Lakers crap! :lol

tanibanana
11-21-2021, 08:44 AM
I am even surprise that they are’nt the bottom team to be honest.
Answer to the question, NO.

PP34Deuce
11-21-2021, 10:55 AM
I'm in agreement that lebron Is part of their problem similar to kobe. They command respect but also guys don't feel as comfortable playing their games. Westbrook struggles because he respects lebron but he can't play his game. Lebron is trying to fit in but he also wants to maintain his career average. Vogel isn't the issue. The issue is you have veterans who rum the asylum and they are all less versions of their best selves.

Real Men Wear Green
11-21-2021, 03:14 PM
I don't think it is an overreaction, and it's not just about one game against the Celtics. The Lakers have three current superstars, and on paper they are STACKED. People were saying their abysmal performance was due to Lebrone being out. So he came back, and the Lakers looked as bad as ever. This is a continuation of the pattern. 17 games into the season, and the Lakers aren't even a .500 team.The "stacked" business is just about famous names but they do have two real superstars in James and Davis. Provided those two have 50+ games together that's a playoff team. The record was good before James got hurt.

Real Men Wear Green
11-21-2021, 03:16 PM
Durant would never approve. He knows Westbrook is not a good player anymore. I would not even get my hopes up for that.
Westbrook is better than nothing which is what they are currently getting and will for the foreseeable future. If Irving won't budge on his stance making a move makes a lot of sense.

Blazers32
11-21-2021, 03:54 PM
Ofcourse they will eventually.

Xiao Yao You
11-21-2021, 03:58 PM
Westbrook is better than nothing which is what they are currently getting and will for the foreseeable future. If Irving won't budge on his stance making a move makes a lot of sense.

debatable. I wouldn't want him

dreamshake
11-21-2021, 06:12 PM

Nope. Every team is better off without Westbrook. He's a net negative.

bladefd
11-21-2021, 09:19 PM

NYC will eventually let up covid restrictions probably in the summer or something. It's not permanent. Nets just have to stay afloat