PDA

View Full Version : Should Tim Duncan be disqualified from top 10 for never averaging 25PPG in finals?

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 05:08 PM
Kawhi averaged 28PPG in the finals already and he's going to be in plenty more of them. Kawhi was facing draymond a top 5 goat defender and iggy a top 10 goat defender.

How can tim Duncan be called a top 10 goat when he has never averaged 25PPG in the finals? You're facing guys like Allan Houston Kenyon Martin and billups and you can't even average 25PPG? That's pathetic.

Duncan is on the Garnett specrum of offensive players- scorers and doesn't deserve top 10 because of it

ELITEpower23
11-20-2021, 05:08 PM
Chill. Kawhi was dicked down by a 7'1 Brian Windhorst.

SouBeachTalents
11-20-2021, 05:09 PM
Duncan has 4 FMVP's if Kawhi doesn't choke at the FT line in 2013

ImKobe
11-20-2021, 05:11 PM
His overall impact makes him a top 10 all-time player. He could defend and rebound at the highest level and you could also run a great offense around him without needing too much talent. That 2003 season is something Kawhi will never be capable of as a perimeter player. 24/17/5 with 5 blocks a game in the Finals is more impressive than anything Kawhi's ever done on that stage.

SouBeachTalents
Also, just realized Duncan averaged over 25 ppg in his very first Finals :lol

ELITEpower23

TD couldve been 6 for 6 if Kawchoke didn't pull a 2020 Classic Kawhi choke job yet again.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 05:12 PM

He should only have 2 because 2005 is manu's and he's lucky Jordan gave him a break in 1999 and kobe started raping in 03

Kblaze8855
11-20-2021, 05:12 PM
Are you A real person? I mostly ignore you because I know you don’t have anything to say worth reading but when I do it feels like you can’t be real. People who discuss things with him all the time….is he always this or does the drop the facade now and then and make it obvious it’s a parody?

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 05:14 PM
Also, just realized Duncan averaged over 25 ppg in his very first Finals :lol

Can't blame me there, everybody forgets that year. Ok against a non 8th seed finals team how about that

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 05:15 PM
Are you A real person? I mostly ignore you because I know you don’t have anything to say worth reading but when I do it feels like you can’t be real. People who discuss things with him all the time….is he always this or does the drop the facade now and then and make it obvious it’s a parody?

Kawhi is a superior scorer to Duncan was the point I was trying to come across and a superior player

Bankaii
11-20-2021, 05:15 PM
While OP is indeed an idiot, he has somewhat of a point.
People always consider “PPGzzz” the end all. But with players like Duncan and Russell (more so with Russell), their lower scoring gets ignored.

ELITEpower23
11-20-2021, 05:16 PM

He's like this always but it's still a shtick. NO ONE thinks Kawhi > Duncan.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 05:49 PM
He's like this always but it's still a shtick. NO ONE thinks Kawhi > Duncan.

The clippers had a 123 offensive rating last season with kawhi on court and that's up there with curry Nash or any offensive guy you want to name.

These days without kawhi? They can barely score 85 points, losing to the worst team in the league pelicans and setting franchise low records.

The impact is REAL brother

Phoenix
11-20-2021, 05:56 PM

Nope, the level of retardation from OP is a constant.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 06:02 PM
His overall impact makes him a top 10 all-time player. He could defend and rebound at the highest level and you could also run a great offense around him without needing too much talent. That 2003 season is something Kawhi will never be capable of as a perimeter player. 24/17/5 with 5 blocks a game in the Finals is more impressive than anything Kawhi's ever done on that stage.

Kawhi averaged 29/10/4/2/1 and beat a 10x better duo in curry/draymond over Kidd/kenyon

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 06:03 PM
Nope, the level of retardation from OP is a constant.

Paul george offensive on/off this season: 107.8

Paul George offensive on/off last season: 120.4

That kawhi impact is THICK

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 06:13 PM
Kidd shoots like Ben Simmons and curry is curry hahahaha

Imagine thinking beating kidd was more impressive :yaohappy:

What is it 5.6 threes vs 0.6

LeCola
11-20-2021, 06:14 PM
Duncan performed 21 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 8 (actually 10) blocks in a finals game.

He is clearly a top 10 player.

Kawhi is currently a top 30 player.

If you want to discuss a player in this era enters top 10, that player could be Durant or Curry. Not Kawhi.

Phoenix
11-20-2021, 06:16 PM
Paul george offensive on/off this season: 107.8

Paul George offensive on/off last season: 120.4

That kawhi impact is THICK

Clippers defense rank this season: 2nd

Clippers defense rank last season: 8th

T H I C K

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 06:39 PM
Duncan performed 21 points, 20 rebounds, 10 assists, 8 (actually 10) blocks in a finals game.

He is clearly a top 10 player.

Kawhi is currently a top 30 player.

If you want to discuss a player in this era enters top 10, that player could be Durant or Curry. Not Kawhi.

Curry or durant have never had a playoff run like 2019 kawhi, not even close.

Especially durant, his warriors resume can be replaced by any top 100 player

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 06:43 PM
Clippers defense rank this season: 2nd

Clippers defense rank last season: 8th

T H I C K

No Lou Williams so you improved the defense that's cute.

2 games over .500 record this season

2 seasons with kawhi they have been an average of 24 games over .500

THICK

Phoenix
11-20-2021, 07:36 PM
No Lou Williams so you improved the defense that's cute.

2 games over .500 record this season

2 seasons with kawhi they have been an average of 24 games over .500

THICK

No Kawhit so they improved their defense. :yaohappy:

Clippers 2020 playoffs with Kawhi for the first 2 rounds: chokes 3-1 lead

Clippers 2021 playoffs with Kawhit injured halfway through: advances to first WCFs without Home-court

T H I C K

k0kakw0rld
11-20-2021, 08:24 PM
Can't blame me there, everybody forgets that year. Ok against a non 8th seed finals team how about that
Shut your b-tch ass up

baudkarma
11-20-2021, 08:54 PM

Move those goalposts!

Bronbron23
11-20-2021, 08:58 PM
Kawhi averaged 28PPG in the finals already and he's going to be in plenty more of them. Kawhi was facing draymond a top 5 goat defender and iggy a top 10 goat defender.

How can tim Duncan be called a top 10 goat when he has never averaged 25PPG in the finals? You're facing guys like Allan Houston Kenyon Martin and billups and you can't even average 25PPG? That's pathetic.

Duncan is on the Garnett specrum of offensive players- scorers and doesn't deserve top 10 because of it

Because there's more to the game than just scoring.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 10:04 PM
No Kawhit so they improved their defense. :yaohappy:

Clippers 2020 playoffs with Kawhi for the first 2 rounds: chokes 3-1 lead

Clippers 2021 playoffs with Kawhit injured halfway through: advances to first WCFs without Home-court

T H I C K

Still top 5 defense with Lou Williams and had the greatest offense ever with kawhi.

2020 playoffs kawhi had a 9+ bpm over George those playoffs and led all players in gmsc in 2nd round

2021 kawhi led the playoffs in PER and offensive win shares. George gets to conference finals with kawhi leading the team in every advanced stat despite George not being out of 1st round since 2014

T
H
I
C
K

HBK_Kliq_2
11-20-2021, 10:06 PM
Because there's more to the game than just scoring.

Not when it comes down to the top 10 goats, you should be an elite scorer or you're out

HoopsNY
11-20-2021, 11:47 PM

Duncan averaged 27.4 PPG in the 1999 finals; a season that saw the lowest PPG for a league in NBA history. :facepalm

SATAN
11-20-2021, 11:50 PM
OP should be disqualified from creating threads.

Spurs m8
11-21-2021, 12:25 AM

The guy only started watching basketball last year...

Put it this way, he never saw a game before covid lmfao

He's a rookie casual with the IQ and stupidity of a bron stan

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 12:33 AM
Not when it comes down to the top 10 goats, you should be an elite scorer or you're out

I disagree man. If your scoring 20-24 pts a game while being elite in other areas you can still be as effective as someone who's scoring a bit more but is less effective in those same areas. Big men have way more impact defensively than other positions. That impact alone can be more important than 5 or 6 points.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 12:37 AM
I disagree man. If your scoring 20-24 pts a game while being elite in other areas you can still be as effective as someone who's scoring a bit more but is less effective in those same areas. Big men have way more impact defensively than other positions. That impact alone can be more important than 5 or 6 points.

but that's still inferior to top ten 10 guys who are giving you 30PPG and elite defense, especially kawhi\jordan.

Duncan was usually giving you that dwight production but just got glorified because his hall of fame teammates manu\parker\kawhi\robinson

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 12:38 AM
Duncan averaged 27.4 PPG in the 1999 finals; a season that saw the lowest PPG for a league in NBA history. :facepalm

5\6 times not getting to 25PPG and the only time was when you played an 8th seed. Still pretty bad for a supposedly top ten goat.

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 12:44 AM
but that's still inferior to top ten 10 guys who are giving you 30PPG and elite defense, especially kawhi\jordan.

Duncan was usually giving you that dwight production but just got glorified because his hall of fame teammates manu\parker\kawhi\robinson

Yeah but elite defense from a wing isn't anywhere close to elite defense from a big. I love kawhi but give me prime duncan any day

DevBooker'sMask
11-21-2021, 12:48 AM

How was this missed

Hey Yo
11-21-2021, 12:49 AM

Russell never sniffed an avg. of 30ppg

Axe
11-21-2021, 12:57 AM
I concur. Stephen curry became a mvp candidate or so it seemed last season because of his shooting and the decent impact that he gives to his team in the rs when his all-star help is gone but just because he's so skilled at nailing long-range ongoing quarter buzzer beaters against so many lottery teams in garbage time doesn't mean that he does so all the time nor he's also already elite in other equally-important areas, like defense, rebounding, clutchness, etc. A combination of those things can sometimes lead to more success in crucial moments, not just scoring alone. During scrimmages like the play-ins aka losers bracket and the playoffs, these all become more apparent lmao. In the postseason ofc opposing players are going to swarm him because they know that when he's missing his shots, he can't easily generate a significant impact outside of it if they are to win big games along the way. Maybe this is the reason why he's only good at 9th seed without his all-star help. First superstar ever to lose b2b games in the play-ins aka losers bracket despite averaging almost 40 points in that span.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 01:01 AM
Yeah but elite defense from a wing isn't anywhere close to elite defense from a big. I love kawhi but give me prime duncan any day

but a big man's offense is also nothing close to a wing's offense.

Elite offense with elite defense > Good offense with elite defense

Out of the top 20 alltime greats, they are all known for their offense outside of bill russell\duncan. Offense is what matters more then defense, assuming your defense is still elite like kawhi.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 01:06 AM
Russell never sniffed an avg. of 30ppg

neither did duncan.

Duncan has never even averaged 25PPG in the playoffs when he played more then 13 games and he did that 8 different times. He only had 1 playoff run of 25PPG when he played 10 games or more.

Diop shut his ass down in game 7 of 2006 OT, wallace brothers shut his ass down in 05, washed up malone shut him down in 04. He's not a great scorer.

22PPG over the course of his 5 titles, that's like scottie pippen

Hey Yo
11-21-2021, 01:22 AM
Magic's another top 10 who never avg. 30

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 01:25 AM
Magic's another top 10 who never avg. 30

He's also disqualified in my eyes. Lacks defense, lacks high enough usage, lacks high volume scoring, lacks a clean dick as well

Axe
11-21-2021, 01:33 AM
He's also disqualified in my eyes. Lacks defense, lacks high enough usage, lacks high volume scoring, lacks a clean dick as well
Yikes you're a choosy queer.

Horatio33
11-21-2021, 03:21 AM

Duncan averaged 27ppg in the 1999 finals.

3ba11
11-21-2021, 03:35 AM
His 2003 run was the equivalent of 25 ppg when you adjust for pace and DRTG - that was an all-time low pace and DRTG period

I give him props for knowing how to win (organic), and being able to carry a team (2003) by winning without a super-team or "1b" equal-scoring partner to attract equal attention (10 ppg more than teammates in playoffs and Finals, circa 2003)

Phoenix
11-21-2021, 05:54 AM
Still top 5 defense with Lou Williams and had the greatest offense ever with kawhi.

2020 playoffs kawhi had a 9+ bpm over George those playoffs and led all players in gmsc in 2nd round

2021 kawhi led the playoffs in PER and offensive win shares. George gets to conference finals with kawhi leading the team in every advanced stat despite George not being out of 1st round since 2014

T
H
I
C
K

2021 WCFs stats?

ShawkFactory
11-21-2021, 03:03 PM
How was this missed

Because he’s obviously not interested in actual basketball.

Blazers32
11-21-2021, 03:59 PM
How about his defense?

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 04:12 PM
but a big man's offense is also nothing close to a wing's offense.

Elite offense with elite defense > Good offense with elite defense

Out of the top 20 alltime greats, they are all known for their offense outside of bill russell\duncan. Offense is what matters more then defense, assuming your defense is still elite like kawhi.

Well it depends on the big. That is true in duncans case but again i think his better impact defensively and rebounding wise is worth the extra 6-8 pts that say kawhi gets. Mj is maybe a different story because he scores 10-15 pts more than duncan.

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 04:13 PM
I concur. Stephen curry became a mvp candidate or so it seemed last season because of his shooting and the decent impact that he gives to his team in the rs when his all-star help is gone but just because he's so skilled at nailing long-range ongoing quarter buzzer beaters against so many lottery teams in garbage time doesn't mean that he does so all the time nor he's also already elite in other equally-important areas, like defense, rebounding, clutchness, etc. A combination of those things can sometimes lead to more success in crucial moments, not just scoring alone. During scrimmages like the play-ins aka losers bracket and the playoffs, these all become more apparent lmao. In the postseason ofc opposing players are going to swarm him because they know that when he's missing his shots, he can't easily generate a significant impact outside of it if they are to win big games along the way. Maybe this is the reason why he's only good at 9th seed without his all-star help. First superstar ever to lose b2b games in the play-ins aka losers bracket despite averaging almost 40 points in that span.

Yeah good point. This is why i take what steph is doing now with a grain of salt. He won't do it deep in the post season when the games tougher and shit means more.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 04:53 PM
Well it depends on the big. That is true in duncans case but again i think his better impact defensively and rebounding wise is worth the extra 6-8 pts that say kawhi gets. Mj is maybe a different story because he scores 10-15 pts more than duncan.

kawhi had 732 total points in the 2019 playoffs.

duncan has never even hit 600 total points in a playoff run, he had it easy

Blazers32
11-21-2021, 05:13 PM
Duncan was elite in protecting rim too. One of the best shot blockers ever

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 05:17 PM
kawhi had 732 total points in the 2019 playoffs.

duncan has never even hit 600 total points in a playoff run, he had it easy

He averaged 31 pts a game. He's only averaged 30 a game twice in the playoffs. It's not like he's done this consistently like mj. Duncan hasn't averaged 30 a game but he has had post seasons of 25, 26 and 27 which is within that 6 pt difference i mentioned.

Even if we're being generous and only compare kawhi's 5 best post seasons to Duncan's there really isn't a huge difference. Duncan has averaged 25 a game in his best 5 and kawhi has averaged 28 in his best 5. Surely Duncan's greater impact in rebounds and defense is worth more than 3 points:confusedshrug:

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 05:28 PM
He averaged 31 pts a game. He's only averaged 30 a game twice in the playoffs. It's not like he's done this consistently like mj. Duncan hasn't averaged 30 a game but he has had post seasons of 25, 26 and 27 which is within that 6 pt difference i mentioned.

Even if we're being generous and only compare kawhi's 5 best post seasons to Duncan's there really isn't a huge difference. Duncan has averaged 25 a game in his best 5 and kawhi has averaged 28 in his best 5. Surely Duncan's greater impact in rebounds and defense is worth more than 3 points:confusedshrug:

732 total points on 62% TS blows away any playoff run from Duncan.

Also Kawhi has had 4 playoff runs of playing 10 games and averaging over 25PPG and he's only halfway through his career. Duncan's career is done and he had only had 1 playoff run of playing 10 games and averaging over 25PPG. Different tiers as scorers.

Kawhi's defense is also more valuable in today's era because it's a more fast pace, small ball era. For an example, duncan's defense was humiliated against the mavericks in 2006 because they were a team that is more modern day.

So Kawhi is giving you scoring on a higher tier and better defense.

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 05:46 PM

Also Kawhi has had 4 playoff runs of playing 10 games and averaging over 25PPG and he's only halfway through his career. Duncan's career is done and he had only had 1 playoff run of playing 10 games and averaging over 25PPG. Different tiers as scorers.

Kawhi's defense is also more valuable in today's era because it's a more fast pace, small ball era. For an example, duncan's defense was humiliated against the mavericks in 2006 because they were a team that is more modern day.

Totals don't matter because it can be a result of more games so when you use the true measure in averages duncan has certainly not been blown away. And i hate to tell ya man but kawhi is probably done as far as being a 30 ppg playoff scorer so he won't be adding on to his minimal great playoff seasons.

And no kawhi does not impact the game anywhere close to what duncan did. Kawhi is great at defending his own man but he dosn't do much in the way if help defense. Duncan not only defends his man he defends multiple players because he's a much better off ball defender. It's not close in terms of defensive impact between the 2.

Spurs m8
11-21-2021, 06:51 PM

Keep digging that hole and confirming what a pure dumb fvck you are

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 07:12 PM
Totals don't matter because it can be a result of more games so when you use the true measure in averages duncan has certainly not been blown away. And i hate to tell ya man but kawhi is probably done as far as being a 30 ppg playoff scorer so he won't be adding on to his minimal great playoff seasons.

And no kawhi does not impact the game anywhere close to what duncan did. Kawhi is great at defending his own man but he dosn't do much in the way if help defense. Duncan not only defends his man he defends multiple players because he's a much better off ball defender. It's not close in terms of defensive impact between the 2.

Totals does matter because it shows how resilient your scoring is. The more games, the tougher that playoff run was. Kawhi's 732 point on 62% TS run is the greatest in nba history for total scoring and efficiency.

Defense nobody ever goes at kawhi. They are scared shitless of him. He takes up 1 side of the court because nobody ever wants to go at him. He's also much more swichable on pick and rolls and can guard positions 1-4. Duncan isn't able to switch because he's too big and slow. Kawhi also has 2 more defensive player of the year awards over Duncan.

Kawhi still has 5-7 years left as a 30 PPG scorer. He didn't even have a full tear on his acl, it was a partial tear. Durant had a way worse injury in his Achilles tear and he recovered easily. You're trolling there.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 07:13 PM
Keep digging that hole and confirming what a pure dumb fvck you are

All I hear is how good LeBron, giannis, curry are.

All I see is kawhi eliminating them without any star players on his team.

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 07:22 PM
Totals does matter because it shows how resilient your scoring is. The more games, the tougher that playoff run was. Kawhi's 732 point on 62% TS run is the greatest in nba history for total scoring and efficiency.

Defense nobody ever goes at kawhi. They are scared shitless of him. He takes up 1 side of the court because nobody ever wants to go at him. He's also much more swichable on pick and rolls and can guard positions 1-4. Duncan isn't able to switch because he's too big and slow. Kawhi also has 2 more defensive player of the year awards over Duncan.

Kawhi still has 5-7 years left as a 30 PPG scorer. He didn't even have a full tear on his acl, it was a partial tear. Durant had a way worse injury in his Achilles tear and he recovered easily. You're trolling there.

No he dosn't man. His body is betraying him. He'll never score 30 ppg again in the post season. Plus he achieved this twice and both times were in the easiest scoring ever. Duncan did half of his in the toughest defensive era ever.

Clearly you really like kawhi and your biased. I like kawhi also. I like him more than duncan but it is what it is. The fact is kawhi has only had a couple atg playoff performances and both were in the easiest scoring era ever. That's really not anything to go crazy about. He has one chip as an elite player and it comes with a huge asterisk because of injuries to gs. Your seriously overeating kawhi man.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 07:33 PM
No he dosn't man. His body is betraying him. He'll never score 30 ppg again in the post season. Plus he achieved this twice and both times were in the easiest scoring ever. Duncan did half of his in the toughest defensive era ever.

Clearly you really like kawhi and your biased. I like kawhi also. I like him more than duncan but it is what it is. The fact is kawhi has only had a couple atg playoff performances and both were in the easiest scoring era ever. That's really not anything to go crazy about. He has one chip as an elite player and it comes with a huge asterisk because of injuries to gs. Your seriously overeating kawhi man.

He was just averaging 30PPG on 57% FG, sounds like a guy who still knows what he's doing. His one chip he eliminated Curry\Giannis\Embiid, duncan has never eliminated 3 players at that level. 2003 Dirk got hurt when he played duncan and webber also tore his shit up, so you can say the same thing about that year. Kawhi also dominated the 2014 finals with 3 straight wins averaging 24PPG on 69% FG in 3 straight wins, even 2014 kawhi was more dominant in the finals then any duncan finals outside of 2003.

Duncan was in the same era as Shaq and Shaq was always consistently putting up way better scoring numbers, so there's no excuse there.

Kawhi has shut down Giannis and Lebron. Who has Duncan shut down? Zydrunas Ilgauskas? :roll:

Phoenix
11-21-2021, 07:49 PM
T
Kawhi still has 5-7 years left as a 30 PPG scorer.

Dude's never had a single 30ppg season( never close, actually), and two 30ppg postseasons(2019 and 2021), and this fakkit is acting like Kawhit is some perennial 30ppg scorer. :yaohappy:

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 07:55 PM
Dude's never had a single 30ppg season( never close, actually), and two 30ppg postseasons(2019 and 2021), and this fakkit is acting like Kawhit is some perennial 30ppg scorer. :yaohappy:

He had a 31PPG playoff run season in 2019.

Stephen Curry has never even averaged over 28PPG in the playoffs.

Also the goat scoring totals 732 points on 62% TS

What has Luka done in his career besides lose to Kawhi?

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 07:56 PM
He was just averaging 30PPG on 57% FG, sounds like a guy who still knows what he's doing. His one chip he eliminated Curry\Giannis\Embiid, duncan has never eliminated 3 players at that level. 2003 Dirk got hurt when he played duncan and webber also tore his shit up, so you can say the same thing about that year. Kawhi also dominated the 2014 finals with 3 straight wins averaging 24PPG on 69% FG in 3 straight wins, even 2014 kawhi was more dominant in the finals then any duncan finals outside of 2003.

Duncan was in the same era as Shaq and Shaq was always consistently putting up way better scoring numbers, so there's no excuse there.

Kawhi has shut down Giannis and Lebron. Who has Duncan shut down? Zydrunas Ilgauskas? :roll:

Yeah he was great for a year or 2 but that's it man. Atg like mj and bron have done for over a decade. Come on bro you can't be serious with this.

And kawhi will absolutely never do it again. Your in denial if you think he will. He's passed his prime because of injuries and the nba just put in a rule that makes scoring a bit harder i will bet you anything you want that kawhi never averages 30 ppg in the post season ever again.

Phoenix
11-21-2021, 07:58 PM
He had a 31PPG playoff run season in 2019.

Stephen Curry has never even averaged over 28PPG in the playoffs.

Also the goat scoring totals 732 points on 62% TS

What has Luka done in his career besides lose to Kawhi?

I said he had two 30ppg postseason runs dumbass. You're the fakkit Kawhit stan, yet you don't seem to know he also had one in 2021.

What does Luka or Steph have to do with Kawhi here? Nothing? So you're doing the usual 'look over there' argument? Gotcha.

Fukk off. :lol

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 08:00 PM
Yeah he was great for a year or 2 but that's it man. Atg like mj and bron have done for over a decade. Come on bro you can't be serious with this.

And kawhi will absolutely never do it again. Your in denial if you think he will. He's passed his prime because of injuries and the nba just put in a rule that makes scoring a bit harder i will bet you anything you want that kawhi never averages 30 ppg in the post season ever again.

Kawhi has led seven different teams in VORP that were top 3 in SRS (2014, 2015,2016,2017,2019,2020,2021) and has the goat finals MVPS when he stopped two different 3peats and the other two best players of his era in Lebron\Curry.

He did it all in the 2010s. Now it's just about winning 1 or 2 more finals mvps in the 2020s and he's the GOAT.

Jordan never had a playoff run like 2019 kawhi. Obviously Lebron never did either, he was always playing chumps in the east or had superstar Irving on his team.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 08:02 PM
I said he had two 30ppg postseason runs dumbass. You're the fakkit Kawhit stan, yet you don't seem to know he also had one in 2021.

What does Luka or Steph have to do with Kawhi here? Nothing? So you're doing the usual 'look over there' argument? Gotcha.

Fukk off. :lol

Compare him to his peers. How many 30PPG playoff runs does Curry have? How many finals MVPS does Curry have?

Kawhi is doubling that bum

Phoenix
11-21-2021, 08:02 PM
And HBK_Klit, if we're talking just scoring averages since you want to do your weak ass 'look over there' bullshit? Baby Luka already has 2 season PPG higher than Kawhit, and both of his playoff runs he averaged 30ppg....on Kawhit led defenses.

https://c.tenor.com/5vcncLxsNYcAAAAC/whoops-whoopsie.gif

Phoenix
11-21-2021, 08:04 PM
Compare him to his peers. How many 30PPG playoff runs does Curry have? How many finals MVPS does Curry have?

Kawhi is doubling that bum

The topic at hand is Kawhit. What some other player did or didn't do is irrelevant. Kawhit has 2 30ppg playoff runs and no 30ppg seasons. He's not a '30ppg' player, no matter how many other players you try to drag into the argument.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 08:05 PM
And HBK_Klit, if we're talking just scoring averages since you want to do your weak ass 'look over there' bullshit? Baby Luka already has 2 season PPG higher than Kawhit, and both of his playoff runs he averaged 30ppg....on Kawhit led defenses.

https://c.tenor.com/5vcncLxsNYcAAAAC/whoops-whoopsie.gif

How many playoff series has he won?

How many times did he get eliminated by Kawin?

:violin:

Phoenix
11-21-2021, 08:07 PM
How many playoff series has he won?

How many times did he get eliminated by Kawin?

:violin:

Ah, so you're back to bragging about peak Kawhi with a better team needing 7 games to beat Baby Luka with a worse team? :lol

A fat white Euro has already beaten Kawhi's season scoring average and he's barely over the legal drinking age in the U.S. :roll:

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 08:12 PM
Kawhi has led seven different teams in VORP that were top 3 in SRS (2014, 2015,2016,2017,2019,2020,2021) and has the goat finals MVPS when he stopped two different 3peats and the other two best players of his era in Lebron\Curry.

He did it all in the 2010s. Now it's just about winning 1 or 2 more finals mvps in the 2020s and he's the GOAT.

Jordan never had a playoff run like 2019 kawhi. Obviously Lebron never did either, he was always playing chumps in the east or had superstar Irving on his team.

Well mj never had the benefit of playing in the easiest scoring era ever in his prime either.

And you act like kawhi dominated the 2010's lol. He dominated one year in the 2010's lol.

And again man kawhi is pretty much done as far as winning chips as an elite scorer. Injury prone players usually drop off hard in their early 30's. Kawhi dosn't look right. He moves like wizards jordan lol. His body is breaking down. your in denial bro. Mark my words kawhi will score 26-28 pts this year in the postseason and he'll be sub 26 pts every year after that.

Phoenix
11-21-2021, 08:17 PM
Well mj never had the benefit of playing in the easiest scoring era ever in his prime either.

And you act like kawhi dominated the 2010's lol. He dominated one year in the 2010's lol.

And again man kawhi is pretty much done as far as winning chips as an elite scorer. Injury prone players usually drop off hard in their early 30's. Kawhi dosn't look right. He moves like wizards jordan lol. His body is breaking down. your in denial bro. Mark my words kawhi will score 26-28 pts this year in the postseason and he'll be sub 26 pts every year after that.

Nah he ain't in denial, it's a gimmick account. You only need to respond with simple arguments, memes and one-liners if you feel it's worth responding at all.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 08:21 PM
Ah, so you're back to bragging about peak Kawhi with a better team needing 7 games to beat Baby Luka with a worse team? :lol

A fat white Euro has already beaten Kawhi's season scoring average and he's barely over the legal drinking age in the U.S. :roll:

They just played today without Kawhi\Luka and the game went down to the wire.

Sounds pretty evenly matched to me.

ESPN also put up a stat the other day: when porzingis plays without luka he's putting up like 26\12 superstar numbers.

So you're blaming Kawhi for Luka making Porzingis look like a role player? Don't blame Kawhi, blame Luka\Lebron ball that does that to guys like Porzingis and Bosh

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 08:23 PM

That's a myth. Today's offense is just harder to defend because the talent pool has massively improved. Kawhi had to go through multiple defensive player of the year winners in Giannis\Draymond and all defense selection players like Simmons, Butler, Lopez, Iggy.

Like i said, jordan has never had a dominant run like that going up against that stacked of competition.

Kawhi had 2 finals MVPS in the 2010s and stopped two different 3peats, that's equal to 4 or 5 rings in a weaker era like the 2000s or 1990s. That is dominating.

ShawkFactory
11-21-2021, 08:24 PM
2021 WCFs stats?

That's a myth. Today's offense is just harder to defend because the talent pool has massively improved. Kawhi had to go through multiple defensive player of the year winners in Giannis\Draymond and all defense selection players like Simmons, Butler, Lopez, Iggy.

Like i said, jordan has never had a dominant run like that going up against that stacked of competition.

Kawhi had 2 finals MVPS in the 2010s and stopped two different 3peats, that's equal to 4 or 5 rings in a weaker era like the 2000s or 1990s. That is dominating.

Does constantly saying stupid shit ever tire you?

Phoenix
11-21-2021, 08:27 PM
They just played today without Kawhi\Luka and the game went down to the wire.

Sounds pretty evenly matched to me.

ESPN also put up a stat the other day: when porzingis plays without luka he's putting up like 26\12 superstar numbers.

So you're blaming Kawhi for Luka making Porzingis look like a role player? Don't blame Kawhi, blame Luka\Lebron ball that does that to guys like Porzingis and Bosh

Oh yes, a one off game in the first month of the season usually tells all. :oldlol:

Who would you say is the better 2nd option, PG13 or Porzingas? Kawhit wouldn't do jack shit with Luka's running mate.

Paul George is dropping 26/8/5 without Kawhit ball soooo...

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 08:31 PM

Right it's a gimmick but as soon as they bring a little bit of defense back this year most perimeter players scoring suffered. The game is no different. The players of today are just taking advantage of the rules that were put in place for that exact reason. It's hilarious to me that the nba put in rules to make scoring easier and it had the desired effect as they acknowledged yet people like you attribute it to the players. Then they nba this year puts in one little rule to make scoring harder and it has the desired effect as the nba acknowledged yet people like you attribute it to a different ball or something. Your in denial bro. Kawhi had a few good years and only one one as the best player in the world which is debatable.

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 08:35 PM
Nah he ain't in denial, it's a gimmick account. You only need to respond with simple arguments, memes and one-liners if you feel it's worth responding at all.

Maybe. Me and him haven't got into many debates because in general we have similar opinions on alot of things. Like him i like mj and kawhi i just have a much more realistic perception of what kawhi has achieved in his career so far and what kawhi will probably achieve in the future.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 08:42 PM
Right it's a gimmick but as soon as they bring a little bit of defense back this year most perimeter players scoring suffered. The game is no different. The players of today are just taking advantage of the rules that were put in place for that exact reason. It's hilarious to me that the nba put in rules to make scoring easier and it had the desired effect as they acknowledged yet people like you attribute it to the players. Then they nba this year puts in one little rule to make scoring harder and it has the desired effect as the nba acknowledged yet people like you attribute it to a different ball or something. Your in denial bro. Kawhi had a few good years and only one one as the best player in the world which is debatable.

Kawhi never does foul baiting. His scoring would clearly translate to any era, any moron could see that. He's like durant with bigger hands and bigger muscles.

Kawhi has been the best player in the world since 2016, he's just usually playing with role players like Aldridge or getting cheap shot injured by zaza/durant. Top 5 player in the world since about 2013 finals as well.

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 08:50 PM
Kawhi never does foul baiting. His scoring would clearly translate to any era, any moron could see that. He's like durant with bigger hands and bigger muscles.

Kawhi has been the best player in the world since 2016, he's just usually playing with role players like Aldridge or getting cheap shot injured by zaza/durant. Top 5 player in the world since about 2013 finals as well.

Dude Kawhi has not been the best player since 2016. That's honestly one of the worst takes i've ever heard. Kd and bron were better in 16. What exactly did kawhi do that year to put him above those guys? What accolades, stats or chip suggests this?

He barely played in 2017 so he definitely wasn't the best player that year.

2018-19 he has an argument but we both know if kd dosn't get hurt warriors win and kd is the one with a chip and fmvp that year.

After that it's a rap. He missed almost 1/3 of the games in both seasons and we've yet to see him this year.

Honestly bro your really in denial if you think kawhi has been the best player since 2016

TheGoatest
11-21-2021, 08:54 PM
In 2014 Kawhi won the only Finals MVP in history where you could literally remove his entire performance from the finals and his team still wins.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 08:55 PM
Dude Kawhi has not been the best player since 2016. That's honestly one of the worst takes i've ever heard. Kd and bron were better in 16. What exactly did kawhi do that year to put him above those guys? What accolades, stats or chip suggests this?

He barely played in 2017 so he definitely wasn't the best player that year.

2018-19 he has an argument but we both know if kd dosn't get hurt warriors win and kd is the one with a chip and fmvp that year.

After that it's a rap. He missed almost 1/3 of the games in both seasons and we've yet to see him this year.

Honestly bro your really in denial if you think kawhi has been the best player since 2016

2016 - his team set the record for best home record ever at 40-1 and he led the playoffs in BPM

2017 - led regular season in overall RAPTOR advanced stat, led playoffs in per and led spurs to west finals before getting cheap shot

2019 - hahahaha that's funny. Not only best but best ever.

2020 - he was having an mvp season until the bubble ruined everything.

2021 - clippers had a 123 offensive rating with him on the court which is godlike curry/Nash level good and he once again led the playoffs in PER, also led the playoffs in offensive win shares

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 08:57 PM
In 2014 Kawhi won the only Finals MVP in history where you could literally remove his entire performance from the finals and his team still wins.

Damn how embarrassing is LeBron James to lose to a bunch of 37 year olds by themselves. Not a good look.

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 08:59 PM

Nah i disagree with that. Kawhi caused havoc for bron and the heat. Kawhi totally changed the heats offense its one of the reasons the heats offense fell off so much. Bron shot low 30% fg against kawhi. After 2 games of seeing this spols had to adjust and do everything he could to get kawhi off of bron. This meant more screens to force a switch so bron could get an easier defender on him. This took away precious time from their offense and took the heat out of there usual offensive rhythm.

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 09:00 PM
Damn how embarrassing is LeBron James to lose to a bunch of 37 year olds by themselves. Not a good look.

Good point i was thinking the same thing when dude said that.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-21-2021, 09:02 PM
Nah i disagree with that. Kawhi caused havoc for bron and the heat. Kawhi totally changed the heats offense its one of the reasons the heats offense fell off so much. Bron shot low 30% fg against kawhi. After 2 games of seeing this spols had to adjust and do everything he could to get kawhi off of bron. This meant more screens to force a switch so bron could get an easier defender on him. This took away precious time from their offense and took the heat out of there usual offensive rhythm.

Exactly. Spurs just won easily because they gave the ball to kawhi. They almost lost in the 1st round to washed up dirk because they were not giving kawhi the ball enough.

24PPG on 69% FG for 3 straight wins, Duncan put up 12PPG during that stretch.

Anyways, we can respectfully disagree on kawhi's place in All time list. Don't have to insult each other just cause we disagree like how most LeBron fans do it.

Bronbron23
11-21-2021, 09:12 PM
Exactly. Spurs just won easily because they gave the ball to kawhi. They almost lost in the 1st round to washed up dirk because they were not giving kawhi the ball enough.

24PPG on 69% FG for 3 straight wins, Duncan put up 12PPG during that stretch.

Anyways, we can respectfully disagree on kawhi's place in All time list. Don't have to insult each other just cause we disagree like how most LeBron fans do it.

Yeah forsure. And i do like kawhi. I've made threads a couple years ago that kawhi will dominate the next half decade or so. It's that injuries have got in the way of that. Imo he's never looked right since the injuries in sa.

Taurus
11-22-2021, 02:25 AM
Cause there's a reasonable argument to be made that they're the best defensive players in NBA history and definitely among the best rebounders of all time

Thenameless
11-22-2021, 03:48 AM
No, Duncan won 5 Championships, with 4 as the clear best player of his team.

Kawhi's win in San Antonio was well earned, but the one in Toronto had the luck of an injured GSW that would have otherwise slaughtered them.

Kawhi will have a lot of trouble winning even one more. He's just way too injury prone.

TheGoatest
11-22-2021, 04:17 AM

More like damn how great is it that LeBron still managed to win 2 rings with #2 and #3 options who averaged 15/4/3 and 14/5/1 against a bunch of 37 year olds.
And the point still stands: Kawhi's 2014 is the weakest, most random, meaningless coin-toss Finals MVP of all time.

8Ball
11-22-2021, 11:46 AM

Give it a break kid.

https://i.ibb.co/6nT17VW/Screen-Shot-2021-11-22-at-10-46-02-AM.png

rmt
11-22-2021, 01:13 PM
Give it a break kid.

https://i.ibb.co/6nT17VW/Screen-Shot-2021-11-22-at-10-46-02-AM.png

Duncan scored 137 points of the 424 points the Spurs scored - that's 32.31% of scoring load
Kawhi scored 171 points of the 669 points the Raptors scored - that's 25.56%

Spurs - Duncan 27.4 pts/game out of 84.8 pts/game
78-77
96-89
89-81
80-67
89-77

Raptors - Kawhi 28.5 pts/game out of 111.5 pts/game
118-109
109-104
123-109
105-92
106-105
114-110

8Ball
11-22-2021, 01:21 PM
Duncan scored 137 points of the 424 points the Spurs scored - that's 32.31% of scoring load

78-77
96-89
89-81
80-67
89-77

118-109
109-104
123-109
105-92
106-105
114-110

https://c.tenor.com/UltRXyVaayQAAAAM/judge-judy-its-over.gif

11-22-2021, 01:57 PM
I agree OP, Duncan is totally garbage and outside of top 65

HoopsNY
11-22-2021, 02:02 PM

78-77
96-89
89-81
80-67
89-77

118-109
109-104
123-109
105-92
106-105
114-110

Excellent analysis.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-22-2021, 02:05 PM

78-77
96-89
89-81
80-67
89-77

118-109
109-104
123-109
105-92
106-105
114-110

curry\draymond and the dynasty warriors vs 8th seed allan houston

:roll: :roll:

HBK_Kliq_2
11-22-2021, 02:07 PM
I agree OP, Duncan is totally garbage and outside of top 65

top 20-25 is ok but that's it.

Gobert could of replaced him for most of his titles.

11-22-2021, 02:10 PM
top 20-25 is ok but that's it.

Gobert could of replaced him for most of his titles.
Yes. And so could have Marcus Camby

ShawkFactory
11-22-2021, 02:13 PM
curry\draymond and the dynasty warriors vs 8th seed allan houston

:roll: :roll:

112 vs 85 points per game..

HBK_Kliq_2
11-22-2021, 03:40 PM
112 vs 85 points per game..

Didn't stop shaq from easily averaging over 25 every year

HBK_Kliq_2
11-22-2021, 03:41 PM
Yes. And so could have Marcus Camby

That's the only guy he ever averaged over 25PPG against hahahahah

ShawkFactory
11-22-2021, 03:52 PM
Didn't stop shaq from easily averaging over 25 every year

Also one of the 10 best players ever.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-22-2021, 04:30 PM
Also one of the 10 best players ever.

Also inferior to kawhi and sucked on the dick of 2/3 the greatest shooting guards of all time

8Ball
11-22-2021, 05:21 PM
Also inferior to kawhi and sucked on the dick of 2/3 the greatest shooting guards of all time

Shaq inferior to Kawhi....

Settle down there.

GoSpursGo1984
11-23-2021, 12:10 AM
Apparently the op does not understand that there is more to being a great player then points but op is most likely a virgin so maybe we should lay off.

ELITEpower23
11-23-2021, 12:16 AM

78-77
96-89
89-81
80-67
89-77

118-109
109-104
123-109
105-92
106-105
114-110

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 12:32 AM
Shaq inferior to Kawhi....

Settle down there.

Kawhi 2019 was just as dominant as Shaq but also the closer as well. Shaq was just dominant but needed Kobe to close for him. Kawhi's advanced stats beat out any Shaq playoff run you want to name also.

Shaq was kind of like Durant, he was extremely successful with another superstar (curry, kobe) but never won anything without them. While those guys curry and kobe won without shaq and durant.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 12:33 AM

Duncan better be in a slow pace era playing allan houston.

An offensive player like him would never make it in today's league as a finals mvp

Axe
11-23-2021, 01:26 AM
Yeah good point. This is why i take what steph is doing now with a grain of salt. He won't do it deep in the post season when the games tougher and shit means more.
:cheers:

Glad to see we still agree on this.

rmt
11-23-2021, 11:02 AM
Duncan better be in a slow pace era playing allan houston.

An offensive player like him would never make it in today's league as a finals mvp

If Kawhi didn't choke at the free throw line, Duncan would have had his 4th FMVP at age 37.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 03:39 PM
If Kawhi didn't choke at the free throw line, Duncan would have had his 4th FMVP at age 37.

but you choked in game 7 when you missed a layup, so you only have 3. Should only have 2 because Manu was robbed in 2005.

https://youtu.be/J3NvhxKicJY

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 04:20 PM
but you choked in game 7 when you missed a layup, so you only have 3. Should only have 2 because Manu was robbed in 2005.

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202009150LAC.html

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 04:33 PM

That arena was as dead as your moms basement on a friday night. Who cares with no fans, giannis also got swept by butler.

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 04:34 PM
That arena was as dead as your moms basement on a friday night. Who cares with no fans, giannis also got swept by butler.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 04:41 PM

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202106060LAC.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905120TOR.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905250TOR.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201906130GSW.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201406150SAS.html

The GOAT and that was with fans

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 04:44 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202106060LAC.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905120TOR.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201905250TOR.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201906130GSW.html

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201406150SAS.html

The GOAT and that was with fans

rmt
11-23-2021, 04:49 PM

You can only hope for a performance like Duncan's in a game 7 at that age - instead here's how Kawhi performs in his other game 7 in the peak/prime of his career.

2013 NBA Finals game 7
Duncan 18.9 pts 12.1 rebs 1.4 asst 1.4 blks 37 years old
Kawhi 14.1 pts 11.1 rebs .9 asst 2 stl 21 years old

2020 LAC vs Nug game 7
Kawhi 14 pts 6 rebs 6 asst 2 stl FG% 27.3% -21 29 years old

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 04:51 PM
You can only hope for a performance like Duncan's in a game 7 at that age - instead here's how Kawhi performs in his other game 7 in the peak/prime of his career.

2013 NBA Finals game 7

2020 LAC vs Nug game 7

It'll be a miracle if Kawhi is IN the league at 37, much less in position to win a championship as a primary contributor.

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 05:14 PM

2013 NBA Finals game 7

2020 LAC vs Nug game 7

You choked in 2006 on your home court to dirk nowitski and jason terry when you had two hall of famers in their prime on your team, shut your ass up. Terry was suspended a game that series and you still lost. I don't see kawhi losing games on his home court in game 7.

Kawhi had the greatest game 7 in history in 2019 vs 76ers: only game 7 buzzer beater in game 7 history, 40 points, 48% usage (carry job).

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 05:20 PM
It'll be a miracle if Kawhi is IN the league at 37, much less in position to win a championship as a primary contributor.

He was doing nothing at ages 31-35

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 05:37 PM

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 05:41 PM
Tim Duncan 'doing nothing' from 31 to 35( 2006-2007 to 2010-2011)

4 time all-NBA, 4 time all-defense,4 time all-star

Kawhit's 30 year old stats for 2021-22 season

https://avatars.githubusercontent.com/u/39295449?v=4

:yaohappy:

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 05:43 PM
Tim Duncan 'doing nothing' from 31 to 35( 2006-2007 to 2010-2011)

4 time all-NBA, 4 time all-defense,4 time all-star

:yaohappy:

https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2011-nba-western-conference-first-round-grizzlies-vs-spurs.html

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 05:44 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2011-nba-western-conference-first-round-grizzlies-vs-spurs.html

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 05:46 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2021-nba-western-conference-finals-clippers-vs-suns.html

Looking for Kawhit's 2021 WCFs stats

https://c.tenor.com/6rPPmtRm99cAAAAC/ken-jeong-cant-see.gif

ImKobe
11-23-2021, 05:46 PM

He played 365 RS games from 31-35 and didn't miss more than 8 games in a season, Kawhi age 25-29 played in just 252 RS games.

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 05:47 PM
He played 365 RS games from 31-35 and didn't miss more than 8 games in a season, Kawhi age 25-29 played in just 252 RS games.

:yaohappy::yaohappy:

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 06:00 PM

You really want me to document how underwhelming Duncan was from 31-35 years old? I didn't want to embarrass duncan that bad but you asked for it.

2008 - kept getting destroyed in game 7 against hornets but needed tony parker to hit clutch shot after clutch shot to bail him out. Went onto the west finals to get humiliated by the lakers 1-4 and mostly blowout losses too despite pau gasol averaging 12PPG

2009 - lost 1-4 in the 1st round

2010 - swept in the 2nd round

2011 - lost to an 8th seed in the 1st round

2012 - backdoor swept in west finals

Until Kawhi emerged in 2013 and saved him but he still choked in 2013 finals missing a layup in game 7

HBK_Kliq_2
11-23-2021, 06:03 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/2021-nba-western-conference-finals-clippers-vs-suns.html

Looking for Kawhit's 2021 WCFs stats

https://c.tenor.com/6rPPmtRm99cAAAAC/ken-jeong-cant-see.gif

13PPG for duncan in an elimination vs an 8th seed the year before kawhi was drafted

Phoenix
11-23-2021, 06:04 PM
https://www.basketball-reference.com...-vs-spurs.html

13PPG for duncan in an elimination vs an 8th seed the year before kawhi was drafted

:sleeping

j3lademaster
11-23-2021, 06:07 PM
Duncan's a borderline top 10'er for me, so if someone wants to nitpick certain criteria that leaves him off- fine. But I don't know about disqualified. 'Disqualified' to me sounds like putting TD on a top 10 list should be considered ludicrous.

ImKobe
11-23-2021, 08:36 PM
You really want me to document how underwhelming Duncan was from 31-35 years old? I didn't want to embarrass duncan that bad but you asked for it.

2008 - kept getting destroyed in game 7 against hornets but needed tony parker to hit clutch shot after clutch shot to bail him out. Went onto the west finals to get humiliated by the lakers 1-4 and mostly blowout losses too despite pau gasol averaging 12PPG

2009 - lost 1-4 in the 1st round

2010 - swept in the 2nd round

2011 - lost to an 8th seed in the 1st round

2012 - backdoor swept in west finals

Until Kawhi emerged in 2013 and saved him but he still choked in 2013 finals missing a layup in game 7

Aside from playing on a loaded Raptors squad in 2019 in the EC, Kawhi has been disappointing to say the least. Both were 4x All-Stars and prime Kawhi made one more All-NBA team than a past-prime Duncan, but if you want to go further and look at 2013-15, 36-38 y.o Duncan was equal or better better than Kawhi in the Playoffs. 38 y.o Duncan was better in the 1st round and carried that team but Kawhi was a no-show in Game 6 (12 pts 3/15 FG to Duncan's 12 66.7%FG) and Game 7 (13 pts 5/13 to Duncan's 27 pts on 11/16 FG).