PDA

View Full Version : Is 21 year old Kuzma the worst Championship #3 of all time?

ELITEpower23
11-22-2021, 10:30 PM
LeBron won a chip with THIS as his 3rd option

https://i.postimg.cc/6QhdwnPZ/Kuzma-Sux-lolol.jpg

Dr. Lemon
11-22-2021, 10:43 PM
Kuzma is leading the Wizards to a top 4 record in the East.

LeClonk-ball destroyed Kyle's game and would've ended his career...if he hadn't been fortunate enough to be traded.

ShawkFactory
11-22-2021, 11:07 PM

LeClonk-ball destroyed Kyle's game and would've ended his career...if he hadn't been fortunate enough to be traded.

Good one.

ELITEpower23
11-23-2021, 12:02 AM

This picture is real

https://yuwew.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/11/1637635605_Kyle-Kuzma-Roasted-Over-Massive-Pink-Sweater-S-Getting-Outta-1024x576.jpg

BurningHammer
11-23-2021, 01:39 PM

Kyle should really try this.

ImKobe
11-23-2021, 04:34 PM

This. Maybe if Beal wasn't hot garbage, the Wizards would be in contention for the best record in the league right now.. Kuz has been fine in his role, he's the least of their problems. Certain posters are obsessed with hating on him though.

To put it in perspective - Wizards are 3 - 0 without Beal and 8 - 6 with him. They didn't beat anyone great without him (Pacers, Magic, Pels) but they've also lost a bunch of games against equally mediocre teams with him. He's averaging 23 ppg on 41.9/27.8 splits w/ 51.8%TS and he's also averaging 4.1 turnovers a game. If he gets back to being a 28-30 58%TS scorer like he's capable of, these Wizards could be in the 3-6 range and win a 1st round series.

Real Men Wear Green
11-23-2021, 04:39 PM
https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/qIIAAOSwy~Vgzubd/s-l1600.jpg

ShawkFactory
11-23-2021, 04:45 PM
This. Maybe if Beal wasn't hot garbage, the Wizards would be in contention for the best record in the league right now.. Kuz has been fine in his role, he's the least of their problems. Certain posters are obsessed with hating on him though.

To put it in perspective - Wizards are 3 - 0 without Beal and 8 - 6 with him. They didn't beat anyone great without him (Pacers, Magic, Pels) but they've also lost a bunch of games against equally mediocre teams with him. He's averaging 23 ppg on 41.9/27.8 splits w/ 51.8%TS and he's also averaging 4.1 turnovers a game. If he gets back to being a 28-30 58%TS scorer like he's capable of, these Wizards could be in the 3-6 range and win a 1st round series.

It’s not that Kuzma has been a problem, it’s that people have been trying to make him into something he’s not. At least that’s where I take issue. I know it’s always about Lebron but still..

He’s was and is a nice player. Nothing more. Every team has at least 3-4 guys like him. Maybe not the exact same type of player, but they perform their role as well as Kuzma performs his.

He’s not a star. He’s a decent, and sometimes inconsistent player. Exactly as he’s always been.

LAL
11-23-2021, 04:49 PM
Rondo carrying lebron as a fourth option was pretty impressive doe.

I did lose respect for Kuzma since this outfit. What a dumb chick.

RRR3
11-23-2021, 04:52 PM
Kobe stans will sob and whine about it but Kuzma legit is probably one of the worst championship 3rd options of all time.

ImKobe
11-23-2021, 04:58 PM
It’s not that Kuzma has been a problem, it’s that people have been trying to make him into something he’s not. At least that’s where I take issue. I know it’s always about Lebron but still..

He’s was and is a nice player. Nothing more. Every team has at least 3-4 guys like him. Maybe not the exact same type of player, but they perform their role as well as Kuzma performs his.

He’s not a star. He’s a decent, and sometimes inconsistent player. Exactly as he’s always been.

He's capable of being a star but he's not getting the right touches. He's mostly used as a spot-up shooter and if you watch the Wizards' games, he often just doesn't get the ball on offense for long stretches when Beal and Dinwiddie are on the court. Kuz is becoming an elite rebounder at his position and he plays hard on defense every single game, him, Avdija and Gafford are the best defenders on their team, and they've been winning games with their defense & rebounding. They're #1 in defensive rebounding and 4th overall in rebounds while being the 5th slowest team in the league in pace and Kuzma's their leading rebounder. They haven't figured out the dynamic yet offensively but I'm happy for Trez because at least he's being utilized correctly. He's running away with the 6MOY award right now with an insane 28.6 PER and a 70.9%TS.

RRR3
11-23-2021, 05:09 PM
He's capable of being a star but he's not getting the right touches. He's mostly used as a spot-up shooter and if you watch the Wizards' games, he often just doesn't get the ball on offense for long stretches when Beal and Dinwiddie are on the court. Kuz is becoming an elite rebounder at his position and he plays hard on defense every single game, him, Avdija and Gafford are the best defenders on their team, and they've been winning games with their defense & rebounding. They're #1 in defensive rebounding and 4th overall in rebounds while being the 5th slowest team in the league in pace and Kuzma's their leading rebounder. They haven't figured out the dynamic yet offensively but I'm happy for Trez because at least he's being utilized correctly. He's running away with the 6MOY award right now with an insane 28.6 PER and a 70.9%TS.
He is not capable of being a star stop being retarded.

ShawkFactory
11-23-2021, 05:11 PM

Again, I like Kuzma but this is now the second team he’s been utilized like this on offense. And if you watch you can see why. He just doesn’t have the handles or ISO ability at all to create his own offense consistently. Agree about the defense and rebounding though. It’s nice to see.

Trez is a weird case for 6moy because he gets by far the most minutes of any big on the team. He’s always done well when he gets minutes he’s just gonna get less when you have AD and Lebron as forwards on your team.

ImKobe
11-23-2021, 05:18 PM
He is not capable of being a star stop being retarded.

You might have a different definition as to what a "star" is, but he's definitely capable of having an All-Star season with how good he is on defense and how versatile he can be on offense.

Again, I like Kuzma but this is now the second team he’s been utilized like this on offense. And if you watch you can see why. He just doesn’t have the handles or ISO ability at all to create his own offense consistently. Agree about the defense and rebounding though. It’s nice to see.

Trez is a weird case for 6moy because he gets by far the most minutes of any big on the team. He’s always done well when he gets minutes he’s just gonna get less when you have AD and Lebron as forwards on your team.

He doesn't get those opportunities to even get in any sort of a rhythm, so it's hard to even criticize that part of his game. It certainly wasn't an issue when he was in that role on the Lakers before Lebron and when Lebron was injured, but somehow they can't find ways to get him in his spots other than to have him shoot 5-10 threes a game? He's improved his catch & shoot ability and his release is really good for a 6-10 player and he moves like a guard with the ball in his hands. I've followed him since his rookie season and the potential to be an All-Star is there. You don't see many players at his size with the type of skillset that he has and he's a 2-way player. I'm not saying he's in the elite tier but he can definitely be in the 20-30 range when used correctly, though it might be an issue in Washington as well because Beal and Spence haven't even figured out how to co-exist together yet at this point, they take a lot of bad shots and ignore wide open shooters like Kuz on the perimeter at times just to force up a bad shot.

Gigi Bryant
11-23-2021, 05:21 PM
this was my dads 3rd option for his titles

https://www.ocregister.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Fever-Sparks-Basketball-1-1.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2015/10/19/23/2D92650000000578-3279770-image-m-3_1445294968850.jpg

Gigi Bryant
11-23-2021, 05:22 PM
Kobe stans will sob and whine about it but Kuzma legit is probably one of the worst championship 3rd options of all time.

you a grown man and you whine n sob on here every day bruh

2much_knowledge
11-23-2021, 05:25 PM
3rd option for 81 celts or 94 rockets?? Who

RRR3
11-23-2021, 06:04 PM
You might have a different definition as to what a "star" is, but he's definitely capable of having an All-Star season with how good he is on defense and how versatile he can be on offense.

He doesn't get those opportunities to even get in any sort of a rhythm, so it's hard to even criticize that part of his game. It certainly wasn't an issue when he was in that role on the Lakers before Lebron and when Lebron was injured, but somehow they can't find ways to get him in his spots other than to have him shoot 5-10 threes a game? He's improved his catch & shoot ability and his release is really good for a 6-10 player and he moves like a guard with the ball in his hands. I've followed him since his rookie season and the potential to be an All-Star is there. You don't see many players at his size with the type of skillset that he has and he's a 2-way player. I'm not saying he's in the elite tier but he can definitely be in the 20-30 range when used correctly, though it might be an issue in Washington as well because Beal and Spence haven't even figured out how to co-exist together yet at this point, they take a lot of bad shots and ignore wide open shooters like Kuz on the perimeter at times just to force up a bad shot.
Saying Kuzma can be in the top 20-30 range is absolutely insane. He is not a good offensive player what the **** are you watching? Apparently he’s doing well on defense and rebounding this year but that doesn’t make him top 20-30 lmao. His offense is poor. Scoring 15 Ppg on horrible efficiency with zero playmaking isn’t impressive.

RRR3
11-23-2021, 06:05 PM
you a grown man and you whine n sob on here every day bruh
This is truly sick of you Kenneth.

ShawkFactory
11-23-2021, 06:29 PM

It’s not about rhythm it’s about his skill set. I’m not going to put much stock into a hot shooting month in 2019 because a) he’s always been a streaky shooter and b) 2019 was the highest offensively rated season league-wide since like the 60s. Not to mention it was early in the season and people didn’t really know his tendencies yet. That little stretch is looking more like an anomaly than the norm.

By placing him top 20-30 potential you’re saying he can be on the same level as guys like Middleton, Donovan Mitchell, and Zach Lavine. He doesn’t have that ability. And I feel like you’re basing this primarily off of a 15 or so game stretch from 3 years ago.

He just doesn’t have those off the dribble skills at all. And it’s ok but it limits his potential offensively.

tpols
11-23-2021, 06:46 PM

That dude is definitely a Hollywood demon type. They'll have him wearing GOAT masks soon. Wierdos and their twisted costumes.

ImKobe
11-23-2021, 08:26 PM
It’s not about rhythm it’s about his skill set. I’m not going to put much stock into a hot shooting month in 2019 because a) he’s always been a streaky shooter and b) 2019 was the highest offensively rated season league-wide since like the 60s. Not to mention it was early in the season and people didn’t really know his tendencies yet. That little stretch is looking more like an anomaly than the norm.

By placing him top 20-30 potential you’re saying he can be on the same level as guys like Middleton, Donovan Mitchell, and Zach Lavine. He doesn’t have that ability. And I feel like you’re basing this primarily off of a 15 or so game stretch from 3 years ago.

He just doesn’t have those off the dribble skills at all. And it’s ok but it limits his potential offensively.

He can because of his defense and his rebounding ability. He's 6-10, could even play C in small-ball line-ups and be very effective depending on the match-up(like Brooklyn for example). I'm not saying he needs to have the ball in his hands and play like Paul George, but you could use him in many different ways, especially with the 2nd unit with the right players around him. He's never got these touches consistently and you can just go by his boxscores and see that 60-80% of his shot attempts have come from 3 in many of these games when he has the skillset to be effective in the paint and from mid-range. So yeah, he's incredibly prone to 30%FG games because most of his shots are 3s but that wasn't the strength of his game coming into the league and the teams he's been on have moved away from what he does best as a scorer.

Saying Kuzma can be in the top 20-30 range is absolutely insane. He is not a good offensive player what the **** are you watching? Apparently he’s doing well on defense and rebounding this year but that doesn’t make him top 20-30 lmao. His offense is poor. Scoring 15 Ppg on horrible efficiency with zero playmaking isn’t impressive.

That's why I have a problem with how this team is using him as a scorer. Most of his shots are 3s so he's going to have 20-30%FG nights and he often gets overlooked when he's wide open because Beal and Dinwiddie have terrible court vision and settle for low% contested shots, which is why this offense is struggling. You're saying he's horrible in efficiency, look at Spence and Beal lmao. Those guys are in the same ballpark in TS%.

TheGoatest
11-23-2021, 09:12 PM
Easily. Not only that, but he's also worse than many #4 and even #5 championship team players, i.e. B.J. Armstrong, Kukoc, Ron Harper.

ShawkFactory
11-23-2021, 09:42 PM
]He can because of his defense and his rebounding ability[/B]. He's 6-10, could even play C in small-ball line-ups and be very effective depending on the match-up(like Brooklyn for example). I'm not saying he needs to have the ball in his hands and play like Paul George, but you could use him in many different ways, especially with the 2nd unit with the right players around him. He's never got these touches consistently and you can just go by his boxscores and see that 60-80% of his shot attempts have come from 3 in many of these games when he has the skillset to be effective in the paint and from mid-range. So yeah, he's incredibly prone to 30%FG games because most of his shots are 3s but that wasn't the strength of his game coming into the league and the teams he's been on have moved away from what he does best as a scorer.

Neither of which are an any way elite. Good? Sure. But to be a top 20-30 guy you need more than good with those two things if you aren't going to be a guy who can take over offensively at all.

You're talking very strategically about how he could be used, and I honestly appreciate that but having to go to such depths to outline how he can be an allstar level player means that he doesn't quite have it like that.

With Donovan Mitchell people talk in depth like you are with Kuzma about pieces around him that can be most effective to help him make it through the West..not to make him an all star level player.

But going through his actual game, he came into the league as a guy with good size who was excellent in transition and could rim-run but didn't have the offensive skillset to warrant a lottery pick. His midrange game is absolutely null, and he can be effective in the paint but against better teams and/or in playoff situations that won't be as frequent. He's way better off being a 6th man finisher and spot up shooter on offense than he will be any other way. Provided he still brings his energy on D and on the glass he'll have a long and useful career but that's it.

ELITEpower23
11-23-2021, 11:28 PM
Easily. Not only that, but he's also worse than many #4 and even #5 championship team players, i.e. B.J. Armstrong, Kukoc, Ron Harper.

Good effing point my dude. TheGoatest = High IQ

Axe
11-23-2021, 11:54 PM
That dude is definitely a Hollywood demon type. They'll have him wearing GOAT masks soon. Wierdos and their twisted costumes.
Care to tell us now what t p o l s actually means in your username huh, thurston?

https://i.postimg.cc/1zRwfvb8/Tpols_flexing_lol.png

ELITEpower23
11-24-2021, 12:02 AM
Care to tell us now what t p o l s actually means in your username huh, thurston?

https://i.postimg.cc/1zRwfvb8/Tpols_flexing_lol.png

:lebronamazed:

Who's that?

TheCorporation
12-23-2021, 08:49 PM
Remember when LeBron and AD kept encouraging Kuz to step up and be that third guy the team can depend on?

He had his ultimate chance to shine in the bright lights but he's just not a great player.

He's a big time ***** that shit the bed during the 2020 playoffs with zero fans.

10 points on 43% shooting. Jesus Fu*king Christ. Reminds me of a thread I need to bump.

Spurs m8
12-23-2021, 08:59 PM
He's a big time ***** that shit the bed during the 2020 playoffs with zero fans.

10 points on 43% shooting. Jesus Fu*king Christ. Reminds me of a thread I need to bump.

You are so fvcking sad.

3ba11
12-23-2021, 09:04 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-24-2021/pPs2wv.gif

Unfortunately, Kuzma lost several years of development by regressing alongside Lebron - young players don't recover from that unless they were sure things from the jump..

The margins are slim between young guys vying for star status, so a few lost years is more than enough to send a guy that was initially ahead of the curve back to the pack.

SouBeachTalents
12-23-2021, 09:08 PM
https://i.makeagif.com/media/3-24-2021/pPs2wv.gif

Unfortunately, Kuzma lost several years of development by regressing alongside Lebron - young players don't recover from that unless they were sure things from the jump..

The margins are slim between young guys vying for star status, so a few lost years is more than enough to send a guy that was initially ahead of the curve back to the pack.
One persons opinion, from 2 and a half years ago

:roll:

Compelling evidence

John8204
12-23-2021, 09:11 PM
Hollins was likely worst than Kuzma

3ba11
12-23-2021, 09:14 PM
One persons opinion, from 2 and a half years ago

:roll:

Compelling evidence

In their first year alongside Lebron, Kuzma and Ingram saw drops across the board (PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48)... Only Ingram escaped, while Kuzma and THT lost critical development years and fell back to the pack.

Look at THT - he's the latest example of a guy that everyone thought was very good - but he's actually declining each year just like Kuzma..

Soon, THT will be an also-ran just like Kuzma, thus confirming that Lebron imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (talent-based winning)... Talent-based winning loses to organic ball movement, so Lebron has a lottery record against the Spurs, Mavs and Warriors

TheCorporation
12-23-2021, 09:19 PM
In their first year alongside Lebron, Kuzma and Ingram saw drops across the board (PER, BPM, VORP, WS/48)... Only Ingram escaped, while Kuzma and THT lost critical development years and fell back to the pack.

Look at THT - he's the latest example of a guy that everyone thought was very good - but he's actually declining each year just like Kuzma..

Soon, THT will be an also-ran just like Kuzma, thus confirming that Lebron imposes spot-up roles that stall young players, thereby needing ready-made stars to win (talent-based winning)... Talent-based winning loses to organic ball movement, so Lebron has a lottery record against the Spurs, Mavs and Warriors

Is 21 year old Kuzma the worst Championship #3 of all time?