PDA

View Full Version : Cole Anthony or Tyrese Maxey

hateraid
11-26-2021, 03:29 PM
Who's the better player now?

Who'll have the better career?

beasted
11-27-2021, 03:12 PM
I'd take Maxey. Seems to be a better defender and is more efficient at least right now.

Both easily outpacing Kira Lewis though.

insight
11-27-2021, 03:35 PM
Two equally talented players in dfferent ways. I would go with Maxey because I think Cole Anthony relies too much on his athletism and his herky jerky style could lead to more injuries.

Druckenmiller
11-27-2021, 06:53 PM
Maxey

He rarely tries to do too much. He fits within a team better and let’s the game come to him. Takes good shots. I think he will impact winning more for that reason.

Anthony seems like a whirlwind of energy but kinda has a loose canon quality about his game.

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-28-2021, 02:30 AM
Skillset wise, I'd take either of them.

For me, it'd come down to personality and how it fits in the team. Maxey seems more chill, whereas Cole is...well, "energetic". Both seem like they're 100% team guys who don't quit on plays (see Ja still trying to play after spraining his knee, rather than just do what 99% of the league would and drop the ball and fall over).

If one of them had to be my 1st pick, I'd probably go Cole, since I think his vocal leadership may be more beneficial than Maxey's "lead by example" approach (tho for all I know, maybe Maxey is a talker. I've only watched a couple Sixers games and never noticed, nor in highlights).

As for who'll have the better career? Yeesh...hard to say, really. I think Cole will be a key part of the Magic for years (unless traded) and will have numbers to back it up. Maxey? Putting up great #'s for a 2nd year player. But he's still the #3 guy and whomever comes in to replace Simmons may push Maxey to the bench, possibly lowering his #'s, therefore sorta just bottlenecking him into being a 6th man. Whereas Cole may be a legit career starter and put up the #'s to match.

But, hey, maybe Maxey has a career like Jamal Crawford. While Cole has a career like Mike Conley. 6MOY accolades aside, who's to say which path is better?

RRR3
11-28-2021, 02:39 AM
Skillset wise, I'd take either of them.

For me, it'd come down to personality and how it fits in the team. Maxey seems more chill, whereas Cole is...well, "energetic". Both seem like they're 100% team guys who don't quit on plays (see Ja still trying to play after spraining his knee, rather than just do what 99% of the league would and drop the ball and fall over).

If one of them had to be my 1st pick, I'd probably go Cole, since I think his vocal leadership may be more beneficial than Maxey's "lead by example" approach (tho for all I know, maybe Maxey is a talker. I've only watched a couple Sixers games and never noticed, nor in highlights).

As for who'll have the better career? Yeesh...hard to say, really. I think Cole will be a key part of the Magic for years (unless traded) and will have numbers to back it up. Maxey? Putting up great #'s for a 2nd year player. But he's still the #3 guy and whomever comes in to replace Simmons may push Maxey to the bench, possibly lowering his #'s, therefore sorta just bottlenecking him into being a 6th man. Whereas Cole may be a legit career starter and put up the #'s to match.

But, hey, maybe Maxey has a career like Jamal Crawford. While Cole has a career like Mike Conley. 6MOY accolades aside, who's to say which path is better?
I mean Mike Conley is and was massively better than Jamal Craword lol.

pandiani17
11-28-2021, 07:34 AM
I mean Mike Conley is and was massively better than Jamal Craword lol.

They have had very different careers, it is not easy to compare them. What is your opinion based on? All-Star teams made? Winning records? I think they are quite in the same level, and maybe the average fan will be more familiar with Jamal Crawford than with Mike Conley. All in all, a difficult comparison.

clipps
11-28-2021, 08:08 AM
They have had very different careers, it is not easy to compare them. What is your opinion based on? All-Star teams made? Winning records? I think they are quite in the same level, and maybe the average fan will be more familiar with Jamal Crawford than with Mike Conley. All in all, a difficult comparison.

What an awful take. You need to quit posting.:cry:

11-28-2021, 08:26 AM

No

iamgine
11-28-2021, 08:43 AM
A much more suitable comparison to Jamal Crawford is Wesley Matthews. Not Mike Conley lol.

pandiani17
11-28-2021, 09:23 AM
What an awful take. You need to quit posting.:cry:

And your opinion on this subject is...?

beasted
11-28-2021, 12:43 PM
I think both are a lot better than Ben Simmons... You're a ****ing retard, btw.
Who are you?

GOBB
11-28-2021, 01:50 PM
Maxey.

I think both are a lot better than Ben Simmons... You're a ****ing retard, btw.

Ben is better than both. You doing dumb

Mask the Embiid
11-28-2021, 03:36 PM
Cole Anthony. I know I’m shocked too but he has a higher ceiling….much higher

Maxey ceiling is a Malcolm Brogdon type. Cole Anthony ceiling is a vanvleet/lowry type

Dr. Cheesesteak
11-28-2021, 08:11 PM
Yeah, this. The ppl saying you're dumb are dumb themselves or just don't understand the context of the question and answer.

Sure, we can say Conley is the better PLAYER (especially facilitator and defender). But we're talking CAREER. Crawford's career is arguably more recognized. He has more awards (3 6MOY vs 1 All-Star + 1 2nd Team D. Coincidentally, both have 1 Teammate of the Year award lol) and is likely a more recognizable name than Conley. I've seen Jamal interviewed on TV during his career (and now jumping into desk analysis) a lot more than Conley. Jamal had a unique and significant niche role in his career. Conley doesn't.

Both have been important parts of most teams they're on and neither have won a ring. Conley's career #'s are 15/6/3/44%/38% and Crawford's is 15/2/3/41%/35% as a bench player. Not like Conley's #s are astronomically better than Crawford's. I wonder if ppl would've reacted differently if I said Sweet Lou instead of Crawford?

Anyway, point being, it's an elite 6th man's career vs a good starting PG's career with similar #'s and resume length. Who's to say which career is "better"?

clipps
11-29-2021, 06:36 AM
Maxey.

Ben is better than both. You doing dumb

"You doing dumb????" Wow.

hateraid
03-03-2022, 02:53 AM
Revisiting this comparison as the 2 seem very linear.

Mask the Embiid
03-03-2022, 04:05 AM
I was wrong Maxey is more like a Jeff Teague in atlanta on the hawks than he is like a brogdon. If cole anthony ever hits in his ceiling im going with him but thats gonna take years and the perfect scenario. which may never happen.

Look at rus. If he was drafted on the cavs he would of been out of the league in like 3 years....Rus was awful his rookie year for a while.So imagine if he never got confidence....hell loook @ top 75 rus i can only imagine how quick a rookie rus would of crumpled actually having to play off the ball

Jasper
03-03-2022, 12:05 PM
maxey all day every day ... he is my current upstart fav player

theman93
03-03-2022, 12:13 PM
Cole Anthony isn't very good. He's an inefficient player who sucks on defense.

jayfan
03-03-2022, 01:20 PM
Killian Hayes...

being taken above Anthony, Maxey AND Haliburton...

is not aging well for Troy Weaver.

At all.

ShawkFactory
03-03-2022, 02:27 PM
Maxey for sure. Cole will probably be able to get you slightly better raw numbers on a bad team but Maxey can contribute more things to a winning team concept.

hateraid
11-06-2022, 01:36 PM
Revisiting now. Maxey is a star.

hateraid
11-06-2022, 01:36 PM
Killian Hayes...

being taken above Anthony, Maxey AND Haliburton...

is not aging well for Troy Weaver.

At all.

Injuries. Hayes will ball out. He just needs confidence. The tools are there.

RRR3
11-06-2022, 01:41 PM
Hayes is quite possibly the worst offensive player in the NBA lol

SouBeachTalents
11-06-2022, 01:52 PM
Crazy how badly this thread aged in such a short amount of time.

Hayes is quite possibly the worst offensive player in the NBA lol
How is he even getting minutes? I've literally never seen production or metrics worse than his so far this season.