PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Is LeBron still a superstar?

RRR3
11-27-2021, 03:08 AM
A combination of his stats, watching him play (can't drive, settles for dumb 3s) and the way the Lakers are playing even when he's healthy has led me to conclude LeBron is no longer a superstar for the first time since his rookie season. Of course, it's still early, but we all knew it would happen eventually.

Axe
11-27-2021, 03:10 AM
Have you lost your faith to LeGod now? Just asking. :ohwell:

RRR3
11-27-2021, 03:13 AM
Have you lost your faith to LeGod now? Just asking. :ohwell:
It's called being realistic about a player who is 37 and has already played more than almost everyone in NBA history.

Nike D'Antoni
11-27-2021, 03:14 AM
He is. But not as before. But still a superstar.

PP34Deuce
11-27-2021, 03:15 AM
He's what Tim Duncan was when Manu and Parmer were the offensive engine. He can have nights where he's top 5 but the days of dominating games are over. He can give you quarter increments.

dbugz
11-27-2021, 03:16 AM
who?

RRR3
11-27-2021, 03:17 AM
He's what Tim Duncan was when Manu and Parmer were the offensive engine. He can have nights where he's top 5 but the days of dominating games are over. He can give you quarter increments.
Duncan was willing to accept a reduced role. LeBron is not.

Nike D'Antoni
11-27-2021, 03:19 AM

What is Lebron supposed to do exactly? He didn't play 11 games, and the Lakers are 4-7. It's not like in reduced role, the Lakers are winning.

PP34Deuce
11-27-2021, 03:21 AM

You are correct and I think if he accepted a true reduced role he'd impact the game for wins. He'd rather miss complete games to not affect his career averages than play 25 to 28 hard minutes.

I love lebron as a player but for the first time in his career he's part of the problem. Jalen rose said it best that the nba is a young man's game. He doesn't care about titles other wise he'd just focus on filling the gaps with smart playmaking and being selective offensive

Nike D'Antoni
11-27-2021, 03:22 AM
Anthony Davis says Lakers teammates are telling him, 'This is your team' Los Angeles Lakers superstar Anthony Davis recently said that he has received signals that the Lakers are his team. “I think I have the capability of doing so,” said Davis about making the Lakers his team.

https://lakersdaily.com/anthony-davis-says-lakers-teammates-are-telling-him-this-is-your-team/#:~:text=is%20your%20team'-,Anthony%20Davis%20says%20Lakers%20teammates%20are ,%2C%20'This%20is%20your%20team'&text=Los%20Angeles%20Lakers%20superstar%20Anthony, making%20the%20Lakers%20his%20team.

“I think I have the capability of doing so,” said Davis about making the Lakers his team. “Now obviously we have a lot of great talent, [Rajon] Rondo is a great leader, LeBron [James], myself, Russ (Russell Westbrook), Melo (Carmelo Anthony). And it takes a group for leadership. Now obviously I know, the guys have talked to me about, ‘This is your team, we go as you go.’ Kind of the same thing that we did my first year here, but I think adding a couple guys, it makes that job a lot easier, where it takes a lot of stress and a lot of load off of one guy. Where we can have four, five, six guys that can do what they have to do to win basketball games.

“And at the end of the day we all have to sacrifice to reach our common goal, and that’s to win a championship.”

I bet you Lebron is one of those who told Davis that. But Davis is just not good enough doing Durant, Curry, Giannis, Doncic things.

PP34Deuce
11-27-2021, 03:23 AM
What is Lebron supposed to do exactly? He didn't play 11 games, and the Lakers are 4-7. It's not like in reduced role, the Lakers are winning.

Hiz game has never been 25 30 shots a night so in his twilight Years why would we expect that. . He's lazy along with AD and part of the problem is that laziness. Westbrook effort is always there.

I think an efficient 17ppg 8 and 8 lebron with better defensive intensity is more valuable to this team.

francesco totti
11-27-2021, 03:30 AM
By the end of this season, you will regret this thread

Axe
11-27-2021, 03:38 AM
You are correct and I think if he accepted a true reduced role he'd impact the game for wins. He'd rather miss complete games to not affect his career averages than play 25 to 28 hard minutes.

I love lebron as a player but for the first time in his career he's part of the problem. Jalen rose said it best that the nba is a young man's game. He doesn't care about titles other wise he'd just focus on filling the gaps with smart playmaking and being selective offensive
Lol we have already reached 1/4 of an 82-game season and how the rest of the way may end up could be gruesome for them tbh. I could see a potential roster overhaul like what happened before the 2018 asg if this doesn't go well. Not sure if he and the rest of his team are lackluster rn due to their age. But yep, to see him play for a long time even if he can't dominate the league anymore is still better than nothing. Kinda like vince carter in this sense although that guy wasn't a superstar and he never really contended in the playoffs. Ad, otoh, seems to be good in the bubble only.

ELITEpower23
11-27-2021, 03:42 AM
who?

The guy you dream about baby girl :oldlol: The guy with 30 threads on the 1st page of my forum.

SATAN
11-27-2021, 04:02 AM

This. Same shit every time.

LeCola
11-27-2021, 04:10 AM

This. Same shit every time.

Sounds like a storm is coming.

outofstomach
11-27-2021, 04:39 AM

no he won’t you delusional ****ing idiot :lol i put my account on it

outofstomach
11-27-2021, 04:40 AM
these ****** are first round exits at worst, second round exits at best

RRR3
11-27-2021, 04:42 AM
He can't be a superstar forever, no one can.

2much_knowledge
11-27-2021, 05:10 AM
Sounds like a storm is coming.

Playoff mode shall be activated if needed! Stay tuned

Manny98
11-27-2021, 06:35 AM
He is but he's no longer top 3 in the league, still top 5 probably

coin24
11-27-2021, 08:18 AM
He’s washed. LeTiny has no business taking 10 threes a game let alone potential game winners.

He looks slow and lazy. Still bricks free throws

11-27-2021, 09:26 AM
Never been

HunterSThompson
11-27-2021, 10:10 AM
hes like a slightly less effective westbrook at this point.

Lebron23
11-27-2021, 10:11 AM
Yes

Full Court
11-27-2021, 10:50 AM
To me, superstar is a function of popularity, so he definitely is.

However, he's not top 20 in the league anymore.

beasted
11-27-2021, 11:41 AM
At 36 it's unrealistic to expect him to be a superstar. He's an all-star top 25 player easily though.

PP34Deuce
11-27-2021, 12:18 PM
Superstar in a sense he still generates money. But as far as beat players he's def around top 8 to 12 right now.

I know people say lebron plays possum but this season won't get an emergence in driving to the basket. He purposely chose westbrook who can do that dribble drive game. If lebron felt he could do it 70+ games a season he would have pushed for buddy held and shooters.

Lakers window is over. He's never been over Jordan all time. He's a top 5 all time player who simply should have lowered expectations now

BigShotBob
11-27-2021, 01:19 PM
]At 36 it's unrealistic to expect him to be a superstar.[/B] He's an all-star top 25 player easily though.

MJ still was.

dankok8
11-27-2021, 02:04 PM
I think he's still a superstar. Definitely no doubt still a top 10 player and possibly top 5 too.

kuniva_dAMiGhTy
11-27-2021, 02:11 PM
Looked like one vs Indy.

At his age, going on 37 in a few weeks, consistency will be the biggest hurdle.

He's still a top 10 player BUT a fringe superstar imo.

Naero
11-27-2021, 02:33 PM
Of course he is, unless you hold conservative standards for superstardom.

He’s just on a lower tier now: his days as a serious MVP candidate and the clear-cut BITW are probably over.

He’ll still play on that caliber in spurts—particularly when he’s hot-handed—but it’s not consistently sustainable at this stage and age. Even if he ratchets up his level of play in the postseason again, players like Giannis, KD, and Curry will have strong cases over him barring catastrophic injuries or chokejobs.

He’s visibly lost a step since the ankle sprain, which has made it much harder for him to scramble the defense by driving—his biggest strength—on off-shooting nights.