PDA

View Full Version : Will Pippen say it was the "Pippen Rules" because.....

3ba11
11-27-2021, 02:34 PM
Laimbeer disrespected him in the Bad Boys documentary (1:07:33 mark):

"We didn't even think about Scottie Pippen. It was Michael Jordan and the Jordannaires - and you can't win championships like that with only 1 player."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xqC74bv46Z8&t=1h07m33s

It was really the "Pippen Rules" though according to Pippen.. :kobe:... :yaohappy:..

Ultimately, the Pistons feared Jordan, so they set up their entire team and strategy to stop 1 man, while "pippen's" that can't carry the scoring load aren't feared or doubled.

SouBeachTalents
11-27-2021, 02:47 PM
“I’m very vocal, I think LeBron is the best player to ever play the game,” Laimbeer said. “He’s 6-8, 285 pounds, runs like the wind and jumps out of the gym, and more importantly when he came into league from day one, he knew how to involve his teammates to win. And that’s something that Jordan had to learn for a long time. Now, if you go by championships obviously Michael Jordan has more championships, but I think LeBron in any generation would be doing what he’s doing right now all these years,” he said. “And I think at the end of the day, I firmly believe that he’s the best basketball player in the history of the game.”

Phoenix
11-27-2021, 02:53 PM
“I’m very vocal, I think LeBron is the best player to ever play the game,” Laimbeer said. “He’s 6-8, 285 pounds, runs like the wind and jumps out of the gym, and more importantly when he came into league from day one, he knew how to involve his teammates to win. And that’s something that Jordan had to learn for a long time. Now, if you go by championships obviously Michael Jordan has more championships, but I think LeBron in any generation would be doing what he’s doing right now all these years,” he said. “And I think at the end of the day, I firmly believe that he’s the best basketball player in the history of the game.”

3nutball:

https://media4.giphy.com/media/32mC2kXYWCsg0/giphy.gif

3ba11
11-27-2021, 03:42 PM
“I’m very vocal, I think LeBron is the best player to ever play the game,” Laimbeer said. “He’s 6-8, 285 pounds, runs like the wind and jumps out of the gym and more importantly when he came into league from day one, he knew how to involve his teammates to win. And that’s something that Jordan had to learn for a long time. Now, if you go by championships obviously Michael Jordan has more championships, but I think LeBron in any generation would be doing what he’s doing right now all these years,” he said. “And I think at the end of the day, I firmly believe that he’s the best basketball player in the history of the game.”

Lebron's offenses have always revolved around him and his teams have always been too reliant on him, which means he never learned to involve teammates..

Jordan's teams were the same way early on and relied on him too much (bron-ball), until he learned how to win (involve teammates).

Jordan involved teammates by calling for the ball less and letting the ball move before finishing the play (scoring more strategically).. Otoh, Lebron's problem (the thing that prevents him from involving teammates) is that he needs to be an assist target more often - play OFF teammates more often - let teammates handle the ball so young players develop and the team uses the best strategy (ball movement)..

It's clear that Jordan made the necessary changes to involve teammates and avoid a team that's too reliant on him, so he "learned to win" (won organically)... Otoh, Lebron still plays "bron-ball" with teams that rely entirely on him, so he never learned to involve teammates and therefore never learned to win (organic).. He needed to team-hop (talent-based winning), which loses to organic chemistry confirmed by Lebron's lottery record against Spurs, Mavs, and Warriors..

Telling teammates to spot-up while Lebron does everything isn't "involving" teammates and this approach needed more help to win than players that ACTUALLY involved teammates like Curry, MJ, Kawhi, Bird, or Kobe - these guys had the elite jumpshooting skill to play OFF teammates as the ball moved, which allowed better teammate fits and strategy for higher team ceilings/Finals records.. Ultimately, Lebron reduces teammates to spot-up roles, while Jordan's teammates like Pippen saw their role elevated - Pippen was elevated to 2nd option alongside MJ but was a lesser role player everywhere else he played.

3ba11
11-27-2021, 03:50 PM

Laimbeer's statement about the Bad Boys "not even thinking" about Pippen was real-time fact and historical record (he's recalling actual events), while his opinion of Lebron is subjective and means nothing..

His opinion on the goat is also affected by his bias against MJ and/or a misperception of a ball-dominant strategy (that it "involves" teammates anywhere near as well as ball movement and high assist teams).

hateraid
11-27-2021, 03:53 PM
Lebron's offenses have always revolved around him and his teams have always been too reliant on him, which means he never learned to involve teammates..

Jordan's teams were the same way early on and relied on him too much (bron-ball), until he learned how to win (involve teammates).

Jordan involved teammates by calling for the ball less and letting the ball move before finishing the play (scoring more strategically).. Otoh, Lebron's problem (the thing that prevents him from involving teammates) is that he needs to be an assist target more often - play OFF teammates more often - let teammates handle the ball so young players develop and the team uses the best strategy (ball movement)..

So it's clear that Jordan made the necessary changes to involve teammates and avoid a team that's too reliant on him, so he "learned to win" (won organically)... Otoh, Lebron still plays "bron-ball" with teams that rely entirely on him, so he never learned to involve teammates and therefore never learned to win (organic).. He needed to team-hop (talent-based winning), which loses to organic chemistry confirmed by Lebron's lottery record against Spurs, Mavs, and Warriors..

Telling teammates to spot-up while Lebron does everything isn't "involving" teammates and this approach needed more help to win than players that ACTUALLY involved teammates like Curry, MJ, Kawhi, Bird, or Kobe - these guys had the elite jumpshooting skill to play OFF teammates as the ball moved, which allowed better teammate fits and strategy for higher team ceilings/Finals records.. Ultimately, Lebron reduces teammates to spot-up roles, while Jordan's teammates like Pippen saw their role elevated - Pippen was elevated to 2nd option alongside MJ but was a lesser role player everywhere else he played.

You really contradict yourself. One day it's Jordan carrying shitty teammates. The next is Jordan knows how to involve his teammates.

Which is it?

hateraid
11-27-2021, 03:54 PM
Laimbeer's statement about the Bad Boys "not even thinking" about Pippen was real-time fact and historical record (he's recalling actual events), while his opinion of Lebron is subjective and means nothing..

His opinion on the goat is also affected by his bias against MJ and/or a misperception of a ball-dominant strategy (that it "involves" teammates anywhere near as well as ball movement and high assist teams).

This pretty much describes your opinions. You rely on subjective stats and no real insight

3ba11
11-27-2021, 03:56 PM
This pretty much describes your opinions. You rely on subjective stats and no real insight

The OP shows the historical record - the pistons "didn't even think" about pippen.

Historical record > subjective opinion

SouBeachTalents
11-27-2021, 03:56 PM
Laimbeers opinion that he agrees with is legit, Laimbeers opinion that he doesn't agree with isn't. Shocking :lol

3ba11
11-27-2021, 03:58 PM
Laimbeers opinion that he agrees with is legit, Laimbeers opinion that he doesn't agree with isn't. Shocking :lol

Laimbeer was recalling actual events (the pistons not thinking about pippen), while his opinion of the GOAT debate is completely subjective

nice try tho.. all efforts appreciated

RRR3
11-27-2021, 03:59 PM
Laimbeer was recalling actual events (the pistons not thinking about pippen), while his opinion of the GOAT debate is completely subjective

nice try tho.. all efforts appreciated
You pretended to be a college basketball star.

3ba11
11-27-2021, 04:01 PM
You pretended to be a college basketball star.

lol.. you added "star"... 3ball wins again forever and always

RRR3
11-27-2021, 04:02 PM
lol.. you added "star"... 3ball wins again forever and always
You never even played college basketball. You’re impersonating someone who did. Sad!

3ba11
11-27-2021, 04:04 PM
You never even played college basketball. You’re impersonating someone who did. Sad!

Too late.. you already conceded with post #11 that I was indeed a D1 college player... You had to add "star", so you concede that I was infact a D1 player, just not a star.

RRR3
11-27-2021, 04:09 PM
Too late.. you already conceded with post #11 that I was indeed a D1 college player... You had to add "star", so you concede that I was infact a D1 player, just not a star.
No you weren’t either of those. You’re impersonating someone who was. You’re very likely a fat short old man. 6’7 my ass.

3ba11
11-27-2021, 04:33 PM
Laker legend James Worthy agrees with 3ball word for word:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1He2rNa3Y8o&t=02m55s