PDA

View Full Version : is there anyone more fair and balanced than me

HunterSThompson
11-29-2021, 10:16 AM
I have jordan as the goat

I have kobe and lebron right after him wtth kobe ahead like how most players in the nba and around the world say

both are top 5 and the other 2 guys are usually Kareem and magic or kareem and Russell or wilt and magic or magic and bird. it's all interchangeable

I think kobe and Jordan are the 2 guys everyone that plays basketball in the pat 30 years looks at as the goats of the game. and before that it was wilt/kareem/Russell for the 30 years before that

its silly to use stats or media awards since those can be manipulated while the eye test and respect level from guys that know the game is a collective majority opinion that message board nerds and sports writers will never understand

I however could have made a career out of playing basketball had I been born in the states. i could dunk and hit threes and fade aways 20 times I a row. lights out from the line. everyone's seen my videos form 5 years ago. so I know the game. I know how much easier it is to pass to an open guy than it is to.hit a difficult shot. I also know.how much easier it is to bully a guy than it is to beat a bigger stronger guy with skill. and that's why the people who are really good at this game go with jordan and kobe

but lebrons still great because he has a collection of fans (around 10%) that worship what he does and have him as the goat. so I can't ignore that. plus I would have him as my 2nd best small forward in a vacuum and would draft him over bird for a 20 year career over birds 13. so his longevity is valuable regardless if it's from using steroids. I have barry bonds in my top 10 baseball players ever. he can't get the #1 spot cause he cheated but I still recognize his abilities had he not taken them. and lebron had he not taken steroids would still be a legend but not for nearly as long. maybe 15 years tops. so that's that's enough for my top 10 around 5 or 6. not 2nd and surely not goat. and that's right around where guys we watch play the game have him.

nobody has kobe or lebron 12th or 14th. this is why the posters of realgm and insidehoops are not being quoted on first take or undisputed. a collection of 30 or 40 opinions from crippled retards holds no value whatsoever

neither does the ones from successful crippled retards that went to school and got jobs doing what we do every day but for a website or news paper.

only the opinions of players and students of the game like myself matter. because we respect game.

https://youtu.be/fKTgAN1l_6E

Phoenix
11-29-2021, 10:23 AM
https://c.tenor.com/WBSt2gcsNVMAAAAM/we-dont-care.gif

Bye.

zeerghit
11-29-2021, 10:26 AM

Bye.

:roll:

TheCorporation
11-29-2021, 10:35 AM

Bye.

HunterSThompson
11-29-2021, 10:36 AM
Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Kareem, Wilt, Russell

these are the top 6 players ever no matter what because they're the only guys who have a large amount of followers saying they're in the goat discussion

period. you guys can say shaq, Duncan, magic, bird are ahead of kobe or lebron if you want.but you're just being a hater if you just look at a resume. it's about worship/respect/majority opinion

rankings aren't just based on skill or resumes. those are just 1/3rd of the criteria. and that's why I'm the most unbiased poster here. I listen to the other side. I dont just write them off

HunterSThompson
11-29-2021, 10:39 AM
people here are speechless cause I wont sink to their level and just write off my competition out of fear

SouBeachTalents
11-29-2021, 11:13 AM
Jordan, Kobe, Lebron, Kareem, Wilt, Russell

these are the top 6 players ever no matter what because they're the only guys who have a large amount of followers saying they're in the goat discussion

period. you guys can say shaq, Duncan, magic, bird are ahead of kobe or lebron if you want.but you're just being a hater if you just look at a resume. it's about worship/respect/majority opinion

rankings aren't just based on skill or resumes. those are just 1/3rd of the criteria. and that's why I'm the most unbiased poster here. I listen to the other side. I dont just write them off
Kareem: 6 MVP’s
Jordan: 5 MVP’s
Russell: 5 MVP’s
LeBron: 4 MVP’s
Wilt: 4 MVP’s
Kobe: 1 MVP

One of these is not like the others. And I know, “the media hated Kobe” :cry:

Thenameless
11-29-2021, 11:38 AM

Yeah, Kobe does not belong in this discussion. And I'm a Lakers fan.

bison
11-29-2021, 03:25 PM
You’re not mentally balanced that’s for sure.

3ba11
11-29-2021, 03:33 PM
Jordan or his clone Kobe achieved 30 ppg in the triangle and won 11 rings with the triangle - these are goat pure basketball achievements.

They won 11 chips with the triangle, yet no one else in the league could even USE the triangle - that's how much it needed the MJ/Kobe skillset to reach championship level

SouBeachTalents
11-29-2021, 03:36 PM
Jordan or his clone Kobe achieved 30 ppg in the triangle and won 11 rings with the triangle - these are goat pure basketball achievements.

They won 11 chips with the triangle, yet no one else in the league could even USE the triangle - that's how much it needed the MJ/Kobe skillset to reach championship level
Shaq has more 30 ppg title runs and FMVP’s in the triangle than Kobe does

HunterSThompson
11-29-2021, 06:28 PM

I made a thread about how I have no knowledge of wnba history and because of that I tried figuring out who the best players were based on mvps. I mocked everyone here that does it as basically having my level of wnba knowledge for the nba

there's so many variables that have to be factored

kobe, Shaq, Hakeem and Durant are all guys who could have 3 or 4 mvps each if the media liked them.

its just not an intelligent way of looking at greatness. all an mvp means is you were a top 3 or 4 player on one of the top 3 seeds and curry this year is no better than last year but his teams playing better. nobody will say lebron hasn't been the best player since 2013. he was till 2018 and you could have argued Durant some years.

its just popularity and team depth. nothing more.

kobe is a top 5 player ever period. he's on every players 5 list. he's on some co goat lists and is the player of a generation for a lot of guys.

this is why I rank lebron in my top 5 or 6 all time even while giving him zero credit for his rigged accomplishments. cause I can watch and see how he dominates and see the impact on the game he had

I'm just a smarter judge of talent than most of you

ShawkFactory
11-29-2021, 07:49 PM
I made a thread about how I have no knowledge of wnba history and because of that I tried figuring out who the best players were based on mvps. I mocked everyone here that does it as basically having my level of wnba knowledge for the nba

there's so many variables that have to be factored

kobe, Shaq, Hakeem and Durant are all guys who could have 3 or 4 mvps each if the media liked them.

its just not an intelligent way of looking at greatness. all an mvp means is you were a top 3 or 4 player on one of the top 3 seeds and curry this year is no better than last year but his teams playing better. nobody will say lebron hasn't been the best player since 2013. he was till 2018 and you could have argued Durant some years.

its just popularity and team depth. nothing more.

kobe is a top 5 player ever period. he's on every players 5 list. he's on some co goat lists and is the player of a generation for a lot of guys.

this is why I rank lebron in my top 5 or 6 all time even while giving him zero credit for his rigged accomplishments. cause I can watch and see how he dominates and see the impact on the game he had

I'm just a smarter judge of talent than most of you

But you know no one here actually does. That’s why they are on a basketball forum.

HunterSThompson
11-30-2021, 09:16 AM
Yeah, Kobe does not belong in this discussion. And I'm a Lakers fan.

for 20 years the discussion has literally been jordan vs kobe vs lebron

how can you say kobe doesn't belong in the discussion when he has billions putting him in the discussion

this is the ignorance of people that just look at mvps. you are factually stupid. you're denying truth. you can say someone doesn't belong if they were in that discussion for 20 years and still are half a decade after their retirement. kobe is still one of the top 3 most polarizing/respected/talked about/worshipped players in league history. and that much is undeniable. your own personal revisionist history holds zero weight. mvps obviously don't make or break a goat argument because Moses would be in it and not kobe if that were the case. there's obviously far more to this. you're not educated

HunterSThompson
11-30-2021, 09:23 AM
But you know no one here actually does. That’s why they are on a basketball forum.

just being on a forum doesn't make you smart. 90% of the posters here probably never even played competitive sports or paid to go see a game. and you all mostly just box score watch shit and don't spend ever night watching games on league pass like I do. I know how good everyone is without even needing to see their statistics or awards. I can tell you that ja morant is literally 1/10th the player luka is just by watching them but some people here will tell you morant is better right now cause hes having a solid year. it's all based on athleticism. he's actually raw as hell and will be out of the league when his speed and hops decline. luka on the other hand will be averaging 25/8/8 for the next 15 years.

that's why box score watching is stupid. stats lie. awards lie. the eye test tells all

hateraid
11-30-2021, 01:36 PM
To be completely fair and balanced is to accept Kobe or Lebron as GOAT to be a valid opinion

HunterSThompson
11-30-2021, 04:16 PM
To be completely fair and balanced is to accept Kobe or Lebron as GOAT to be a valid opinion

na I don't think anyone can even sniff Jordan's crack on this one. even if you disregard his larger than life world wide Ali/Ruth/Jesus type status and just went by his resume he still blows lebron and kobe away.

theyre battling for 2nd in most people's minds. hence this place being kobe/lebron central for the past 15 years and Jordan not really being mentioned by anyone but 3ball

MrFonzworth
11-30-2021, 04:43 PM
https://youtu.be/vz0Aqlm22sk

hateraid
11-30-2021, 06:23 PM
na I don't think anyone can even sniff Jordan's crack on this one. even if you disregard his larger than life world wide Ali/Ruth/Jesus type status and just went by his resume he still blows lebron and kobe away.

theyre battling for 2nd in most people's minds. hence this place being kobe/lebron central for the past 15 years and Jordan not really being mentioned by anyone but 3ball

That's bias which disqualifies you from being fair.

HunterSThompson
11-30-2021, 06:36 PM

how. I'm a kobe fan

2much_knowledge
11-30-2021, 08:21 PM
how. I'm a kobe fan

Im a kobe fan too. But i have respect for the goat

You don't have to jump a player to #1 status just because its your favorite player or because you hate the other

2much_knowledge
11-30-2021, 08:22 PM

You do realize Mj has almost as much accolades as them put together.. do you?

Don't let the hate cloud your judgment. Were you a piston, knick, cav or jazz in the 90s? Its time to let it go

Baller789
11-30-2021, 09:14 PM
stats lie. awards lie. the eye test tells all

And the highly subjective eye test is 100% honest?

ShawkFactory
11-30-2021, 09:31 PM
And the highly subjective eye test is 100% honest?

I mean Kobe used to pump fake several times in a possession...Jordan never did that.

Manny98
11-30-2021, 09:47 PM

Bye.

hateraid
12-01-2021, 01:31 PM
You do realize Mj has almost as much accolades as them put together.. do you?

Don't let the hate cloud your judgment. Were you a piston, knick, cav or jazz in the 90s? Its time to let it go

Again, that's being bias. If you don't get it, then you don't understand the meaning of the word.

hateraid
12-01-2021, 01:32 PM
Im a kobe fan too. But i have respect for the goat

You don't have to jump a player to #1 status just because its your favorite player or because you hate the other

That's a cop out excuse. Someone fair and completely unbias would not formulate a who's better scenario and can deconstruct even their own opinion.
Fair and balanced does not have a GOAT.

getting_old
12-01-2021, 01:45 PM
just being on a forum doesn't make you smart. 90% of the posters here probably never even played competitive sports or paid to go see a game. and you all mostly just box score watch shit and don't spend ever night watching games on league pass like I do. I know how good everyone is without even needing to see their statistics or awards. I can tell you that ja morant is literally 1/10th the player luka is just by watching them but some people here will tell you morant is better right now cause hes having a solid year. it's all based on athleticism. he's actually raw as hell and will be out of the league when his speed and hops decline. luka on the other hand will be averaging 25/8/8 for the next 15 years.

that's why box score watching is stupid. stats lie. awards lie. the eye test tells all

I never second-guess those with avatars of HST or Keith Richards or Jerry Garcia. If I disagree I smile and nod and groove.

Baller789
12-01-2021, 11:07 PM
That's a cop out excuse. Someone fair and completely unbias would not formulate a who's better scenario and can deconstruct even their own opinion.

Utter nonsense, you just don't like his opinion.

:lol

Honor Boost
12-01-2021, 11:12 PM

Bye.

ShawkFactory
12-01-2021, 11:17 PM

Not true.

Not even talking about actual basketball playing (which Jordan easily arguably might have been the GOAT at) but his impact was unrivaled. It's harder to quantify who the best pound-for-pound boxer was and how Babe Ruth stacks up to more contemporary people. But Jordan is modern, played against some of the greatest and rarely was he not the best player on the floor. You can measure his greatness more than other GOATs.

hateraid
12-02-2021, 02:49 PM
Not true.

Not even talking about actual basketball playing (which Jordan easily arguably might have been the GOAT at) but his impact was unrivaled. It's harder to quantify who the best pound-for-pound boxer was and how Babe Ruth stacks up to more contemporary people. But Jordan is modern, played against some of the greatest and rarely was he not the best player on the floor. You can measure his greatness more than other GOATs.

At the same time to be fair is to accept multiple opinions. It's all subjective what are the measurable. I agree with you that Jordan in more recognized as GOAT, however I don't discount others opinions and respect others cases. I don't respect anyone that pushes opinions as facts, is why Jordan Stan are number 1 on my hit list.

hateraid
12-02-2021, 02:52 PM
Utter nonsense, you just don't like his opinion.

:lol

NOBODY has to like others opinions. But when their opinion is clearly bias and is forced upon us when I especially will put them in their place. Kind of how I always put you in your place