PDA

View Full Version : How important is Andrew Wiggins for the Warriors?

PeroAntic
11-29-2021, 11:36 AM
I hated the guy a lot in the past, he was nonchalant and still has an ugly game. But it seems he has finally come of age and found his place on a winning team. He is efficient on offense, putting the effort on defense, and at this point has been consistent enough to say that he turned a new leaf. But how much does he really contribute to a potential title run, can he be replaced with relative ease, what would be his role with Klay returning? All questions that need answers. discuss

hold this L
11-29-2021, 11:46 AM
He's elite on defense, they put him on the best perimeter/wing in form for the game and have Dray roam behind in most games. He's been massive for the team. I think he will make it easier for Klay to come back ok because he won't have to cover an elite offensive player every possession, Steph and Wiggins will likely take them on until he's more up to speed.

There's a bunch of Warrior fans that think of replacing him, but those sounds are getting more timid as time goes on. :lol It's kind of bizarre to watch Wiggins this season because he seems different, I think him getting the vax for the team probably made the group tighter as well. I have never seen him yell at a dunk like he did on KAT a few weeks back. The guy is yelling and laughing as well which we're not used to robot-Wiggins. Think the guy is finally realizing he's playing for a championship team and that has elevated his game. Add on top of that that both Steph & Dray are motivating him to be that guy for the team (2nd best offensive player until Klay's fully 'back'). You got the best defender & offensive player in the league cheering you on while you roll teams over every single game. One huge component that I like about him is big big boying people in the paint. Warriors just don't have that, he is physically beating people around the paint for a layup, dunk or 4-5 ft shot which you need especially during the playoffs. Really just need that FT% to float between high 70s to 80%.

When Klay's back, I think the two players that may struggle with their shots/rhythm are JP and Wiggins, especially the former. Curious to see how Kerr handles it though. Rotations may play a role as well, but you still want JP and Wiggins together because they seem to have some sort of chemistry when playing with each other.

AirBonner
11-29-2021, 12:11 PM
Wiggins doesn’t chuck but his dribble drive game opens things up massively for the warriors on offense and he arguably has been the best defensive player on the team