PDA

View Full Version : How many players could play all 5 positions besides LeBron?

AirBonner
11-29-2021, 11:57 AM
Magic might be the only other player. Anyone else?

TheCorporation
11-29-2021, 12:01 PM
Only LeGoat

:lebronamazed:

Mr. 1 thru 5 :pimp:

AirBonner
11-29-2021, 12:08 PM
Only LeGoat

:lebronamazed: :biggums:

The crazy thing is he plays them all at an elite level

Micku
11-29-2021, 12:18 PM
It's easier now due to the nature of the league.

Giannis Antetokounmpo already done that before. He played all five positions in his career.

Lamar Odom could do it. He played center a few times. He was a point forward.

Pippen could do it if teams played small ball.

Ben Simmons could, he can't shoot tho.

I felt like KG done it in the younger days.

Bird was said that he could do 2-5. I dunno about the 1, but he was a better passer than most of the 1s.

Ppl said Bob Pettit could've done it back in the day.

That's all I could think of atm. And of course, Magic.

Durant could probably do it too, but I never seen him play point. But he could.

TheCorporation
11-29-2021, 12:20 PM

Giannis Antetokounmpo already done that before. He played all five positions in his career.

Bird was said that he could do 2-5. I dunno about the 1, but he was a better passer than most of the 1s.

That's all I could think of atm.

Besides Simmons, which of those aforementioned guys is running the point like LeBron with 7.5+ apg?

LeBron did that 6x. Them combined, zero.

SouBeachTalents
11-29-2021, 12:22 PM

That's all I could think of atm. And of course, Magic.
Good list :applause:

Micku
11-29-2021, 12:26 PM
Which of those aforementioned guys is running the point like LeBron with 7.5+ apg?

Ben Simmons already done that. He averaged 7.7 in his career. Above 7.5 every year in his career except for last year.

You could argue Pippen could do it if he didn't play in the triangle.

Bird averaged like 7.6 apg as a SF playing off the ball, but not as a point full time. He might've played point, but I dunno.

2much_knowledge
11-29-2021, 12:31 PM
The crazy thing is he plays them all at an elite level

Elite? If he could play at center at elite level, why didn't he volunteer to guard howard in 2009?

I remember marc gasol abusing him in the post whenever they went 1 on 1

TheCorporation
11-29-2021, 12:32 PM
Elite? If he could play at center at elite level, why didn't he volunteer to guard howard in 2009?

I remember marc gasol abusing him in the post whenever they went 1 on 1

Who was LeBron's defensive anchor in 2009?

Micku
11-29-2021, 01:08 PM
Besides Simmons, which of those aforementioned guys is running the point like LeBron with 7.5+ apg?

Hahaha. Did you just edit that in that after my post? lol

Anyway, what's impressive about LeBron is that he lead the league in apg.

Since the league is more small ball now, I could imagine LeBron being solid in the center position as well. He played the 5 in Miami too for stretches. Although I feel like Giannis is probably the most elite player if he wants to play center due to his build.

But there are a few players that could play all positions. Some actually did. And of those some, only a few of them were elite players. It's alright to mention them, especially given the topic. You don't have to worship LeBron all the time even though he is an historically amazing player. Among the best ever.

hateraid
11-29-2021, 01:19 PM
Times are.different in the positionless era. Half the league can do it. Although Lebron did revolutionize the way it's played today. People before him did it. Lebron changed how coaching is done.

Fun fact, Hersey Hawkins was avenger in college

hold this L
11-29-2021, 02:01 PM
Lebron is not a 2 nor will ever be. And someone mentioning Giannis to play all 5 positions is hilarious, especially his ratchet ass shooting form, imagine that playing as the 2 is hilarious. Those two are the ones that can play the most positions on the court at a decent level, mostly Lebron though.

Im Still Ballin
11-29-2021, 02:11 PM
Lebron is not a 2 nor will ever be. And someone mentioning Giannis to play all 5 positions is hilarious, especially his ratchet ass shooting form, imagine that playing as the 2 is hilarious. Those two are the ones that can play the most positions on the court at a decent level, mostly Lebron though.

LeBron played at the SG position in his rookie season.

hold this L
11-29-2021, 03:03 PM
LeBron played at the SG position in his rookie season.

Right, and he shouldn't have. He's not a 2, never has been or ever will be. You need a shooter's touch for that and even though Bron has significantly improved on that front, he ain't a shooter. One of the best scorers ever? Yeah. Not an elite shooter.

bison
11-29-2021, 03:20 PM
Only LeGoat

:lebronamazed:

More like Mr. 1 to 5 inches

3ba11
11-29-2021, 03:30 PM
I don't remember Hakeem leading the league in scoring from the post - only Jordan did from 96-98' - he was regarded as the best post player in the league

11-29-2021, 03:36 PM
Michael Jordan

Xiao Yao You
11-29-2021, 07:17 PM
KG did