PDA

View Full Version : Steph 4-21, -17, loses to Suns with no Booker, DINGO MODE!!!!

RRR3
12-01-2021, 02:08 AM
Best player ever according to Steppedonshit

coin24
12-01-2021, 02:28 AM
Sounds like LeTiny in the finals

wagexslave
12-01-2021, 02:42 AM
It's not Steph's fault Mikal Bridges was clamping tf out of him all game. It's about time the national media put some respect on Bridges name, he's playing like a 1st team all defense player easily this season. Last season he already got snubbed from 2nd team.

hold this L
12-01-2021, 02:46 AM
It's not Steph's fault Mikal Bridges was clamping tf out of him all game. It's about time the national media put some respect on Bridges name, he's playing like a 1st team all defense player easily this season. Last season he already got snubbed from 2nd team.

Lets see if he can do this 2 games in a row. He played elite defense on Steph, but he was legitimately missing easy shots (for him). Curry was just straight up terrible tonight. It wasn't the poor shooting, he'll have that kind of night 1 out of every 10-15 games, it's him not bothering to get rebounds, not getting assists and I know this will sound weird, not getting TOs. Being at 0 TOs shows he wasn't even trying to make shit happen.

Fully expecting him to come up right Friday, but yes Bridges should be in the 2nd or 1st all NBA D team.

HylianNightmare
12-01-2021, 02:51 AM
18-3

Axe
12-01-2021, 03:12 AM
Seems a preview of the playoffs to come for dub nation next year.

wagexslave
12-01-2021, 03:55 AM
Lets see if he can do this 2 games in a row. He played elite defense on Steph, but he was legitimately missing easy shots (for him). Curry was just straight up terrible tonight. It wasn't the poor shooting, he'll have that kind of night 1 out of every 10-15 games, it's him not bothering to get rebounds, not getting assists and I know this will sound weird, not getting TOs. Being at 0 TOs shows he wasn't even trying to make shit happen.

Fully expecting him to come up right Friday, but yes Bridges should be in the 2nd or 1st all NBA D team.

For sure I don't expect Mikal to be able to stop Steph 2 games in a row, that's damn near an impossible task. I'm sure they will game plan switches to get Bridges off him as well. And of course Steph has proven that there's games where he can burn even the toughest defense. No argument there. I just would love to see Mikal get some credit for once instead of the narrative only being "Steph just had a bad game"... like that was as good of defense as I've seen played on Curry for a whole game.

I just think it's time for Mikal to get some roses from the rest of the league, it just feels like barely anyone ever talks about him with much respect except Suns fans. The amount of media heads that still call him "Miles Bridges" half the time to this day is embarrassing. Every contender in the league would love to have him, he's a valuable piece who not only plays great defense while consistently guarding the other team's best defender, but his scoring efficiency is through the roof for a role player as well. He really reminds me quite a bit of a young Draymond defensively being pesky with those long arms. Just with worse rebounding/playmaking but better jumpshooting+FT shooting.

What did Draymond have to do to finally start getting respect around the league back in the day? I'm sure a lot of people doubted his value at first because he didn't have insane PPG and stuff like that.

gary1234
12-01-2021, 03:56 AM
Poor steph

TheGoatest
12-01-2021, 04:22 AM
He is objectively playing worse than last season, yet his team is doing better.
It is mad random that a team who failed to beat the mediocre Memphis Grizzlies for a playoff spot have had such a good record so far. Poole is definitely way better than last year, and Wiggins is also somewhat better, but Curry and Draymond are worse. And on top of that they've lost two mediocre, but definitely better-than-nothing players in Oubre and Wiseman.

12-01-2021, 04:39 AM
Lakers-Kings 117-92

No Bron no problem

TheGoatest
12-01-2021, 04:47 AM
Lakers-Kings 117-92

No Bron no problem

7-4 record with him
5-6 record without him

Which amounts to comfortable 3rd-4th spot in the west with him, not even enough for the last play-in spot without him. It's crazy how much a player in his 19th season is valuable to a team.

MrFonzworth
12-01-2021, 06:45 AM
OP is unemployed

SouBeachTalents
12-01-2021, 08:17 AM
No one is immune from having a bad performance in a big game, but last night was a reminder that it honestly does seem to happen to Curry more often than it does his ATG contemporaries.

Not that a game in November has ever meant anything in the grand scheme of things, but it was a reminder that Curry can look much more mortal, come playoff time, even bad, than he does looking superhuman in the regular season.

hold this L
12-01-2021, 09:02 AM
For sure I don't expect Mikal to be able to stop Steph 2 games in a row, that's damn near an impossible task. I'm sure they will game plan switches to get Bridges off him as well. And of course Steph has proven that there's games where he can burn even the toughest defense. No argument there. I just would love to see Mikal get some credit for once instead of the narrative only being "Steph just had a bad game"... like that was as good of defense as I've seen played on Curry for a whole game.

I just think it's time for Mikal to get some roses from the rest of the league, it just feels like barely anyone ever talks about him with much respect except Suns fans. The amount of media heads that still call him "Miles Bridges" half the time to this day is embarrassing. Every contender in the league would love to have him, he's a valuable piece who not only plays great defense while consistently guarding the other team's best defender, but his scoring efficiency is through the roof for a role player as well. He really reminds me quite a bit of a young Draymond defensively being pesky with those long arms. Just with worse rebounding/playmaking but better jumpshooting+FT shooting.

What did Draymond have to do to finally start getting respect around the league back in the day? I'm sure a lot of people doubted his value at first because he didn't have insane PPG and stuff like that.

Yeah, I think that's the flaw of not being a big market. You just get disrespected for no reason over and over again. Jokic was amazing last season and yet half the media "personalities" spent all that time putting him down as 'only winning because Embiid is injured' nonsense. Unfortunately for the Suns if you want the respect it will likely come only if you win a ring. These people don't watch the Suns. They've been on a crazy streak, and nobody has mentioned in the media. Now that you beat GSW, you will hear everyone put you on the map. Dray won a ring, nobody gave a shit about him until then. He's also quite loud. :lol

He is objectively playing worse than last season, yet his team is doing better.
It is mad random that a team who failed to beat the mediocre Memphis Grizzlies for a playoff spot have had such a good record so far. Poole is definitely way better than last year, and Wiggins is also somewhat better, but Curry and Draymond are worse. And on top of that they've lost two mediocre, but definitely better-than-nothing players in Oubre and Wiseman.

I keep going back and forth on this. He's definitely shooting worse and has more off shooting nights. But he's playing some amazing defense and the level of the team when he's on the court and off last I read was +17 to -.07 or something like that. It's still crazy. Last night Steph was legitimately garbage. It wasn't just that he didn't shoot well, he didn't do anything even at an average level. He was just straight f*cking trash. That's why he was -17 in the game while the only other 2 losses he was a positive on the court with double digits, because he was trying to initiate the offense, grabbing boards and playing hard. Other games this season when Steph hasn't shot well he's still made a massive difference. Last night, he was fighting with Dayday as the best player on the court, for the Suns. :facepalm

Bronbron23
12-01-2021, 10:10 AM

It's not one out of every 10-15 games qgainst teams with defense capabilities like the suns. The suns like the 18 rockets and 16 cavs have the defensive pieces to be able to defend steph like that on a every other game basis. The problem steph faces with defenses like this is there's no weak links him and the warriors can expose with screens and switches. This is a large part of the warriors game plan. Set a thousand screens for steph to force the defense to make a tough decision of switching and let steph take advantage of the switcher who is usually a slower foward or center or double steph of the screen and leave someone wide open which gives someone a easy look and also breaks down the defensive rotations. This dosn't work with the suns because they almost never double off the screens and theres no weak link for steph to get a switch on.

And the reason he misses the easy ones when the defense rarely does afford one is he's not in an offensive rhythm like he normally would be so when he's finally open it's not as easy to hit those shots.

hold this L
12-01-2021, 10:16 AM
It's not one out of every 10-15 games qgainst teams with defense capabilities like the suns. The suns like the 18 rockets and 16 cavs have the defensive pieces to be able to defend steph like that on a every other game basis. The problem steph faces with defenses like this is there's no weak links him and the warriors can expose with screens and switches. This is a large part of the warriors game plan. Set a thousand screens for steph to force the defense to make a tough decision of switching and let steph take advantage of the switcher who is usually a slower foward or center or double steph of the screen and leave someone wide open which gives someone a easy look and also breaks down the defensive rotations. This dosn't work with the suns because they almost never double off the screens and theres no weak link for steph to get a switch on.

And the reason he misses the easy ones when the defense rarely does afford one is he's not in an offensive rhythm like he normally would be so when he's finally open it's not as easy to hit those shots.

What happened to the 2019 Rockets, you mouth breathing idiot? Or was that defense significantly worse?

expansionera
12-01-2021, 10:32 AM
No one is immune from having a bad performance in a big game, but last night was a reminder that it honestly does seem to happen to Curry more often than it does his ATG contemporaries.

Not that a game in November has ever meant anything in the grand scheme of things, but it was a reminder that Curry can look much more mortal, come playoff time, even bad, than he does looking superhuman in the regular season.

Kobe looked mortal against Detroit and the Celtics, and got carried by Shaq as a replacement level player to his first ring :lol

SouBeachTalents
12-01-2021, 10:50 AM
Kobe looked mortal against Detroit and the Celtics, and got carried by Shaq as a replacement level player to his first ring :lol
Kobe routinely had mediocre-bad Finals and elimination games, no argument from me there.

12-01-2021, 11:04 AM

https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200805060BOS.html

zeerghit
12-01-2021, 11:27 AM
just bad game nothing more.. it happens

SouBeachTalents
12-01-2021, 11:29 AM
https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/200805060BOS.html

No one is immune from having a bad performance in a big game
Reading is fundamental, though I’m not sure why I’m even bothering to respond to one of the shittiest trolls on the forum :lol

12-01-2021, 11:33 AM
Reading is fundamental, though I’m not sure why I’m even bothering to respond to one of the shittiest trolls on the forum :lol

So what's your damn point, moron?

"I think curry chokes a lot and also please dont respond to me" Is that it?

Or do you need me to post more bad Lebron performances?

ShawkFactory
12-01-2021, 11:36 AM
So what's your damn point, moron?

"I think curry chokes a lot and also please dont respond to me" Is that it?

Or do you need me to post more bad Lebron performances?

I think it’s more that what he said has nothing to do with Lebron..

12-01-2021, 11:39 AM
I think it’s more that what he said has nothing to do with Lebron..
"it honestly does seem to happen to Curry more often than it does his ATG contemporaries"

Reading is fundamental.

bison
12-01-2021, 12:44 PM
Lol Steph finally has a bad game and the creeps crawl out of their dungeons to celebrate like they won the finals.

Pa

The

Tic

Dr. Lemon
12-01-2021, 12:51 PM
Lol Steph finally has a bad game and the creeps crawl out of their dungeons to celebrate like they won the finals.

Pa

The

Tic

Pipe down, battyboi. Stick to ogling dudes.

Curry has had atleast 8 bad games so far this year. He's having a very overrated season thus far to be honest.

tontoz
12-01-2021, 01:00 PM
Pipe down, battyboi. Stick to ogling dudes.

Curry has had atleast 8 bad games so far this year. He's having a very overrated season thus far to be honest.

Even with this bad game he is averaging 28/6.6/5.7 with a TS of 63%.

They are 19 pts better with him on the floor.

http://www.82games.com/2122/21GSW1.HTM#onoff

Dr. Lemon
12-01-2021, 01:03 PM

Solid statline. Now take a peek at what Jokic, Giannis, and KD are doing.

Steph currently has a lower PER than Jimmy Butler. He's no where near the MVP frontrunner you and his other stans would like to make it out to be.

tontoz
12-01-2021, 01:18 PM

Steph currently has a lower PER than Jimmy Butler. He's no where near the MVP frontrunner you and his other stans would like to make it out to be.

None of those guys are getting double teamed when they dont even have the ball. Steph is the reason why Payton has a job. Payton can't play on other teams because his inability to shoot kills the spacing. Nobody has close to the off ball impact that Steph does.

I don't pay much attention to MVP rankings this early in the season. I dont pay much attention to PER in general. PER is biased towards bigs because of rebounds.

RRR3
12-01-2021, 01:18 PM

Damn it’s almost like he’s a great player lol. Do you think anyone actually thinks Steph isn’t great? :lol Still had a shitty game tho

12-01-2021, 01:27 PM

Harrell top 5 player confirmed.

Bronbron23
12-01-2021, 01:34 PM
What happened to the 2019 Rockets, you mouth breathing idiot? Or was that defense significantly worse?

Are you kidding? They got rid of ariza and picked up melo lol. How you think that's gonna effect a defense? With ariza they only had one weak link which was gordon. You can make up for one weak link. As a warriors and steph fan you should know that better than anyone.

And all the name calling in the world won't put steph on bron and mj's level buddy. It qlso won't get him any fmvp's:D

Bronbron23
12-01-2021, 01:35 PM
just bad game nothing more.. it happens

Nah. In a 7 game series against Phoenix he'd have 3 or 4 of similar outcomes

ShawkFactory
12-01-2021, 01:37 PM
"it honestly does seem to happen to Curry more often than it does his ATG contemporaries"

Reading is fundamental.

Didn’t see anything about Lebron in there. Also didn’t see anything about any other ATG not having a bad game here and there.

Reading is indeed fundamental.

12-01-2021, 01:43 PM
Didn’t see anything about Lebron in there. Also didn’t see anything about any other ATG not having a bad game here and there.

Reading is indeed fundamental.
I guess I can understand how you might not see it's about lebron, durant, etc... if you are extremely retarded and/or heard about basketball yesterday

I don't think you are either of those though, so I don't know what you're trying to do here.

Vino24
12-01-2021, 02:04 PM
Steph trying to shoot over 7fters was the difference. Stupid shots

hold this L
12-01-2021, 04:22 PM
Are you kidding? They got rid of ariza and picked up melo lol. How you think that's gonna effect a defense? With ariza they only had one weak link which was gordon. You can make up for one weak link. As a warriors and steph fan you should know that better than anyone.

And all the name calling in the world won't put steph on bron and mj's level buddy. It qlso won't get him any fmvp's:D
Ariza got washed at the end of that 7 game series in 2018. And you're bringing Melo like they played him a lot to get points??

As for Steph and MJ/Lebron, they're not at the same level you insecure fool. Those guys are in their own tier with KAJ.

Bronbron23
12-01-2021, 05:12 PM
Ariza got washed at the end of that 7 game series in 2018. And you're bringing Melo like they played him a lot to get points??

As for Steph and MJ/Lebron, they're not at the same level you insecure fool. Those guys are in their own tier with KAJ.

Well at least you acknowledge that much. Steph is great for his size and what he's able to do scoring wise. He just has some limitations that gets exposed against the better defensive teams that have the personal to defend him effectively. I don't know why that bothers you so much.

RRR3
12-01-2021, 05:18 PM

Well for now. If I’m being completely obvious Curry is the only player I’ve ever seen with comparable impact to LeBron. He should be in everyone’s top 10. I shit on Steph a lot but anyone who thinks he isn’t the GOAT offensive player is lying to themselves. The fact that LeBron beat him is a feather in LeBron’s cap, cuz MJ certainly never beat anyone as good as Curry. I have MJ as GOAT I’m just saying.

coin24
12-01-2021, 05:32 PM
Stephanie is the same as LeTiny, both shrivel on the big stage and need a Batman to carry them.

Spurs m8
12-01-2021, 05:41 PM
It's a game in november...you moron

How upset does steph still make you?

I guess he did lead his team to embarrass your boy, a lot....I get it.
Full rapings.

Basketball is about winning...not empty stats...steph knows this

Bronbron23
12-01-2021, 05:50 PM
Well for now. If I’m being completely obvious Curry is the only player I’ve ever seen with comparable impact to LeBron. He should be in everyone’s top 10. I shit on Steph a lot but anyone who thinks he isn’t the GOAT offensive player is lying to themselves. The fact that LeBron beat him is a feather in LeBron’s cap, cuz MJ certainly never beat anyone as good as Curry. I have MJ as GOAT I’m just saying.

Another crackhead type response from your wack ass. What facts supports this claim? His whole 2 scoring titles? His whole 2 mvps? His 2 whole 30 point seasons? His zero playoff 30 points? His zero fmvp's? His zero 30 point final series?

Meanwhile mj has way way way more of everything mentioned above.

Great take as usual:facepalm

Hey Yo
12-01-2021, 05:52 PM
It's a game in november...you moron

How upset does steph still make you?

I guess he did lead his team to embarrass your boy, a lot....I get it.
Full rapings.

Basketball is about winning...not empty stats...steph knows this

Says the dumbfvck who trashes LeBron regardless what month it is in the season.

hold this L
12-01-2021, 05:59 PM
Well at least you acknowledge that much. Steph is great for his size and what he's able to do scoring wise. He just has some limitations that gets exposed against the better defensive teams that have the personal to defend him effectively. I don't know why that bothers you so much.

I have never said that Steph is in the Lebron or MJ tier, they are top 3. I have Steph 12th right now (subject to change in the future). What bothers me is your comments are generally idiotic and lack any real insight. Curry had great series vs the Rockets, in 2018 and 2019. The goal for the Rockets in 2018 was essentially to gameplan into allowing KD to go iso every single possession and freeze everyone out of the series. And it worked up until the end of the series when they had a talk with him to pass the f*cking ball. And when they went back to that, they destroyed them.

The only team that has truly stopped Steph Curry was in 2016 where he was injured, that's it. 2019 Raptors occupied a box and 1 but noone is coming out that safely with Cook as his co-pilot, or Dray that can't shoot.

hold this L
12-01-2021, 06:01 PM

He is those things you said, but Lebron and MJ have a lot of excellence at the top that Steph doesn't quite yet. Now if he goes and wins 4 MVPs/titles put together, maybe you can talk about that. For now, 3 guys sit on top of the pyramid and are the creme de la creme for basketball. Then you have your Magics, Birds, Duncan etc which Steph is a few steps behind (maybe an MVP and title gets him right next to those guys, though context is key).

RRR3
12-01-2021, 06:01 PM
Another crackhead type response from your wack ass. What facts supports this claim? His whole 2 scoring titles? His whole 2 mvps? His 2 whole 30 point seasons? His zero playoff 30 points? His zero fmvp's? His zero 30 point final series?

Meanwhile mj has way way way more of everything mentioned above.

Great take as usual:facepalm
I didn’t say Curry>MJ, learn to read.

SouBeachTalents
12-01-2021, 06:06 PM
He is those things you said, but Lebron and MJ have a lot of excellence at the top that Steph doesn't quite yet. Now if he goes and wins 4 MVPs/titles put together, maybe you can talk about that. For now, 3 guys sit on top of the pyramid and are the creme de la creme for basketball. Then you have your Magics, Birds, Duncan etc which Steph is a few steps behind (maybe an MVP and title gets him right next to those guys, though context is key).
Durant signing with the Warriors really hampered Curry’s chance to climb up the all time rankings. Sure, winning b2b titles as co-best player is nice, but those titles didn’t really move the needle like they typically do for in prime ATG players, and now the narrative that Durant was the best player and even that the Warriors needed Durant does exist.

The worst part is I legitimately believe the Warriors could’ve won without him, if they just upgraded Harrison Barnes or added quality role players, that’s at worst co title favorite status with Cleveland. It took a lot of breaks going against them PLUS LeBron & Kyrie balling out of their minds for the Cavs to just barely snatch that series.

tpols
12-01-2021, 06:14 PM
OP has to be one of the biggest losers in human history. None of us are perfect, but this guy just takes the cake lmao.

bison
12-01-2021, 06:20 PM
OP has to be one of the biggest losers in human history. None of us are perfect, but this guy just takes the cake lmao.

King Dingo got these boytoys on a string:lol

Wally450
12-01-2021, 07:38 PM
Players aren't allowed to have off nights?

Bankaii
12-01-2021, 08:08 PM
Serious question, only considering on-court ability, do you think Steph is on the same level as Magic/Bird?

Career wise he isn’t there yet. But I seriously question if Curry couldn’t have had similar results with the 80s Lakers or Celtics, especially the Lakers.

SouBeachTalents
12-01-2021, 08:41 PM
Serious question, only considering on-court ability, do you think Steph is on the same level as Magic/Bird?

Career wise he isn’t there yet. But I seriously question if Curry couldn’t have had similar results with the 80s Lakers or Celtics, especially the Lakers.
I don't know if he equals their ring counts, but I'd definitely pick him to win at least a couple of titles with both squads. The more interesting question is how Magic & Bird would do in Curry's place, minus the Durant seasons of course. Would they have them averaging 70 wins a season in '15 & '16, and 18-3 without Klay this year

Bronbron23
12-01-2021, 08:43 PM
I didn’t say Curry>MJ, learn to read.

I didn't say you did. Your dumbass said he was the goat scorer. In what world is he anywhere close to the goat scorer? Because he had one atg regular season?

RRR3
12-01-2021, 09:16 PM
I didn't say you did. Your dumbass said he was the goat scorer. In what world is he anywhere close to the goat scorer? Because he had one atg regular season?
I said he was the GOAT offensive player, that doesn't equal GOAT scorer you ****ing moron lmao. Also he's been having ATG regular seasons for quite a while now :biggums: Lmao at "one"

Bronbron23
12-01-2021, 09:37 PM
I said he was the GOAT offensive player, that doesn't equal GOAT scorer you ****ing moron lmao. Also he's been having ATG regular seasons for quite a while now :biggums: Lmao at "one"

That's even worse. How is he the goat offensive player when he wasn't a better scorer or passer than mj or bron? Steph is just an ok passer

hold this L
12-01-2021, 10:24 PM

Honestly I don't know. I think the biggest reason is that when you go back and forth with decades, it's very difficult to judge. I want to say yes, but things are always cloudy when you look at players at their prime with a 30 year timeline. In soccer 30 years ago for example, some top end players used to smoke regularly. Maradona used to smoke something else. :lol Nowadays you have people like Lebron, Ronaldo who put millions a year to the perfect human body and get the absolute peak of what the body can offer. If Curry goes to the past as he is, he would shock a lot of players and they wouldn't understand what to do with the P&R and 3 point shooting. but if Magic and Bird grow up in this era, they are probably better players also.

Whether Steph is or is not is up to him. He needs more credentials to be put in that category and presuming injuries do not plague the team, it's up to him to make that point whether he is or not. Not his fans.

Bankaii
12-01-2021, 10:35 PM
I don't know if he equals their ring counts, but I'd definitely pick him to win at least a couple of titles with both squads. The more interesting question is how Magic & Bird would do in Curry's place, minus the Durant seasons of course. Would they have them averaging 70 wins a season in '15 & '16, and 18-3 without Klay this year
Outside of the first ring, I can see Steph winning all of Magic’s rings.
If the proper replacements were made for Bird, I can see him winning 2-3 with the Celtics too.

I don’t see either Magic/Bird winning 70+, but they probably win in 2016.
Even that’s debatable tho because Draymond is almost useless without Curry’s insane defensive attention and spacing. Nobody else in history can provide that.

RRR3
12-01-2021, 10:46 PM
That's even worse. How is he the goat offensive player when he wasn't a better scorer or passer than mj or bron? Steph is just an ok passer
Cuz of the overall impact and the way he warps defenses with his shooting. It’s reflected in stats too.

tontoz
12-01-2021, 11:07 PM
Cuz of the overall impact and the way he warps defenses with his shooting. It’s reflected in stats too.

Yeah you can make the argument that Steph is better on offense than Jordan. Steph doesn't score as much as MJ but he scores a lot with elite efficiency. His off ball impact is higher than any player ever. Teams have to defend him out to 30 feet.

GS is currently 2nd in the league in offensive efficiency. Just look at his supporting cast. Replace Steph with any other great player there is no way their offense would be ranked that high.

Teams would leave MJ wide open behind the line.

Of course MJ was an elite defender so nobody is going to claim Steph is as good as MJ overall.

Spurs m8
12-01-2021, 11:15 PM

Pa

The

Tic

That's what happens on here

Weird cvnts like RRR wait weeks, sometimes months, for these threads

This place is weird

ShawkFactory
12-01-2021, 11:29 PM
The (very slight) issue with Steph is that if you can slow the game down and put long athletic defenders on him his impact will wane a bit. Both of which tend to happen the deeper you get into the playoffs.

He's at his best against worse teams or when the good ones don't really care enough to chase him around all the time. He's kind of like Westbrook in a way in that his style preys on guys who aren't locked in. Obviously he's greater than Westbrook by a significant margin, for anyone who could possible freak out about that. But the point remains.

AlternativeAcc.
12-02-2021, 12:03 AM
1st NBA game I've watched all year and it didn't disappoint!

Steph looks like a g leaguer to me. He absolutely sucks

Awesome game

Bankaii
12-02-2021, 01:19 AM
That's what happens on here

Weird cvnts like RRR wait weeks, sometimes months, for these threads

This place is weird
The overwhelming lack of self-awareness:oldlol:

Axe
12-02-2021, 01:57 AM
:roll:

Axe
12-02-2021, 02:01 AM

Awesome game
:oldlol:

warriorfan
12-02-2021, 02:01 AM
The (very slight) issue with Steph is that if you can slow the game down and put long athletic defenders on him his impact will wane a bit. Both of which tend to happen the deeper you get into the playoffs.

He's at his best against worse teams or when the good ones don't really care enough to chase him around all the time. He's kind of like Westbrook in a way in that his style preys on guys who aren't locked in. Obviously he's greater than Westbrook by a significant margin, for anyone who could possible freak out about that. But the point remains.

Players play better vs weaker teams

Damn. Some insightful shit right there.

BigShotBob
12-02-2021, 02:23 AM

The GOAT offensive player doesn't get hounded by Matthew Dellevadova

Axe
12-02-2021, 02:27 AM

Remember the time they said that he's likely a candidate for mvp last season though.

Gohan
12-02-2021, 02:31 AM
7-4 record with him
5-6 record without him

Which amounts to comfortable 3rd-4th spot in the west with him, not even enough for the last play-in spot without him. It's crazy how much a player in his 19th season is valuable to a team.

Dat sample size. I dont know why bron faking injury he doesnt ever have to face iverson in the playoffs or anything

Bronbron23
12-02-2021, 03:18 PM

Both mj and steph had great overall offensive impact. And mj warped offenses with shooting also. He just did it from the mid more because it was a different era where whole teams were shooting 7 or 8 threes a game.

Again to be the goat at anything you have to have done it consistently for a decent amount of seasons. Steph has maybe been the undisputed best scorer in the regular season for 3 years. He's maybe been the undisputed best scorer in the post season for 1 year. He's never been the best offensive player on the floor in the finals. He wasn't even the best offensive player on his team for most of his finals wins. How in the hell does all this equal the goat offensive player. It's honestly crazy talk dude.

Bronbron23
12-02-2021, 03:22 PM
Yeah you can make the argument that Steph is better on offense than Jordan. Steph doesn't score as much as MJ but he scores a lot with elite efficiency. His off ball impact is higher than any player ever. Teams have to defend him out to 30 feet.

GS is currently 2nd in the league in offensive efficiency. Just look at his supporting cast. Replace Steph with any other great player there is no way their offense would be ranked that high.

Teams would leave MJ wide open behind the line.

Of course MJ was an elite defender so nobody is going to claim Steph is as good as MJ overall.

Question for you and anyone who thinks this. How can a player who's never been the best offensive player on the floor in the finals be considered the goat offensive player?

12-02-2021, 03:56 PM
Question for you and anyone who thinks this. How can a player who's never been the best offensive player on the floor in the finals be considered the goat offensive player?
2015 finals Lebron
36/13/9 on 48% TS

2017 1st rd Westbrook
37/12/11 on 51% TS

highwhey
12-02-2021, 04:05 PM

Awesome game

:roll:

Bronbron23
12-02-2021, 04:47 PM
2015 finals Lebron
36/13/9 on 48% TS

2017 1st rd Westbrook
37/12/11 on 51% TS

Ok and what's your point?

hold this L
12-02-2021, 05:45 PM
2015 finals Lebron
36/13/9 on 48% TS

2017 1st rd Westbrook
37/12/11 on 51% TS

Lebron legit had the worst shooting finals performance of this century when you account the volume. :lol

"Best player in the finals doe"

You boys better keep this energy after tomorrow night.

12-03-2021, 11:02 AM
Ok and what's your point?
So you think Westbrick is better in the playoffs than 2015 finals Curry???

Better yet... you think lebron's horrible shot chucking and ball-hogging was superior to Curry?

999Guy
12-03-2021, 11:33 AM

I mean what did happen? He sucked ass for most of that series.

Austin Rivers and Chris Paul have him hell.

Edit: 24/5/5/1 on 54 TS% in 39 mpg for him in that series. Harden easily outplayed him.

35/7/5.5/2.2 on 59 TS% for Harden. But whats telling is you actually look back at that shitty series as some big moment for Curry. Just goes to show the insane brainwashing and nonsense narratives that surround “winners”. Curry does not and probably never did dominate elite players in the playoffs. His tier over everyone is imaginary.

Bronbron23
12-03-2021, 11:33 AM
So you think Westbrick is better in the playoffs than 2015 finals Curry???

Better yet... you think lebron's horrible shot chucking and ball-hogging was superior to Curry?

I don't think westbrook is better than steph but you could definitely make an argument that westbrook has had better playoff series than some of steph's finals performances. That said when compared to westbrook despite the numbers steph definitely has a bigger impact offensively than westbrook just due to the attention he gets.

As far as bron and curry that 15 finals neither one was amazing offensively. Bron was forced to shoot way more forced shots than he likes due to his next 2 best scorers being hurt. Steph on the other hand could pick and choose his shots more. To answer the question though no bron wasn't superior to steph offensively that series.

12-03-2021, 11:36 AM
I don't think westbrook is better than steph but you could definitely make an argument that westbrook has had better playoff series than some of steph's finals performances. That said when compared to westbrook despite the numbers steph definitely has a bigger impact offensively than westbrook just due to the attention he gets.

As far as bron and curry that 15 finals neither one was amazing offensively. Bron was forced to shoot way more forced shots than he likes due to his next 2 best scorers being hurt. Steph on the other hand could pick and choose his shots more. To answer the question though no bron wasn't superior to steph offensively that series.
So in other words, Steph was the best offensive player in the 2015 Finals...

Unless... you're not gonna say Iggy was the best player are you?

hold this L
12-03-2021, 11:42 AM
I mean what did happen? He sucked ass for most of that series.

Austin Rivers and Chris Paul have him hell.

Edit: 24/5/5/1 on 54 TS% in 39 mpg for him in that series. Harden easily outplayed him.

35/7/5.5/2.2 on 59 TS% for Harden. But whats telling is you actually look back at that shitty series as some big moment for Curry. Just goes to show the insane brainwashing and nonsense narratives that surround “winners”. Curry does not and probably never did dominate elite players in the playoffs. His tier over everyone is imaginary.
He dominated when KD went down in game 5 and then dropped 33 to take them out of the series. Enjoy the stats though. Keep crying like a baby back b*tch as Joker has an amazing season and won't sniff the MVP.

https://c.tenor.com/ax0wvn_16NwAAAAC/sad-crying.gif

Imagine writing winners ironically about Steph, what a stupid ****. :lol

999Guy
12-03-2021, 11:50 AM
He dominated when KD went down in game 5 and then dropped 33 to take them out of the series. Enjoy the stats though. Keep crying like a baby back b*tch as Joker has an amazing season and won't sniff the MVP.

https://c.tenor.com/ax0wvn_16NwAAAAC/sad-crying.gif

Imagine writing winners ironically about Steph, what a stupid ****. :lol

You talk to me on a dumb stan level. I should talk to you like this. If I was emotional and retarded like you’ve been for a couple weeks there I probably would. I don’t actually care about Jokic on a c0cksuckers level like you care about Curry. He’s just dominating the sport. I really appreciate that because I actually enjoy the sport.

And what am I supposed to conclude from Curry’s team winning a series in which he was what, maybe third or fourth best player? Because I know Draymond always turned it up in the playoffs in the little window they had there. KD, Harden, and Draymond all playing amazing in their own way and Curry getting locked up by a meme and a 6 ft injured old manis noteworthy? I’m supposed to get on my knees like you would?

It’s still amazing your brain went straight to that series as some shining moment.

hold this L
12-03-2021, 12:40 PM
You talk to me on a dumb stan level. I should talk to you like this. If I was emotional and retarded like you’ve been for a couple weeks there I probably would. I don’t actually care about Jokic on a c0cksuckers level like you care about Curry. He’s just dominating the sport. I really appreciate that because I actually enjoy the sport.

And what am I supposed to conclude from Curry’s team winning a series in which he was what, maybe third or fourth best player? Because I know Draymond always turned it up in the playoffs in the little window they had there. KD, Harden, and Draymond all playing amazing in their own way and Curry getting locked up by a meme and a 6 ft injured old manis noteworthy? I’m supposed to get on my knees like you would?

It’s still amazing your brain went straight to that series as some shining moment.
You're been crying like a bitch since it was obvious that Jokic has no chance to win MVP on ish. You started a topic melting down that he's not getting attention, don't try to act like you don't care all of the sudden. You know KD got injured when they were 2-2 right? And what did Dray do to win the game for them at the end of that series? You can talk like an idiot all you want. 2-2 series with a superstar going down and he did what was needed to win both games to close it out. But congrats on Harden's 33PPG except when it mattered most. I'm going to enjoy you crying like a b*tch in every topic that you've been in for the past few weeks that Curry is involved, knowing fully well that his 3rd MVP makes you more and more mad.

Stop acting like a whiny bitch for one end and then on the other hand pretending to be some level headed above it all clown. I don't have a reason to be emotional, team is playing way above expectations with a #2 pick and Klay Thompson missing 1/4 of the season. Enjoy Jokic not doing anything once again in the playoffs. And Steph getting his 3rd MVP.

https://i.makeagif.com/media/12-27-2017/lKFvi4.gif

12-03-2021, 01:13 PM
You talk to me on a dumb stan level. I should talk to you like this.

Your deducing ability is just low. You don’t even have a process in brain for coming up with opinions. Or at least you can explain anyway. Which is fine, but please be less arrogant next time.

lmao

Dr. Lemon
12-03-2021, 02:13 PM
Emotional stans with low IQ are the most embarrassing.

You can tell this guy feels physical pain when Stephen clanks a clutch-time 3 as he's very prone to do.

Bronbron23
12-03-2021, 02:15 PM

No i said bron wasn't superior offensively. I do think he was a little better or at the very least it was equal. It was close either way. I'd concede to a tie if it made you feel better lol.

And no i don't think iggy was better offensively but he did force bron ro play probably his worst finals ever. If i was q voter i would have given steph fmvp but i get why they gave it to iggy.

12-03-2021, 02:19 PM
No i said bron wasn't superior offensively. I do think he was a little better or at the very least it was equal. It was close either way. I'd concede to a tie if it made you feel better lol.

And no i don't think iggy was better offensively but he did force bron ro play probably his worst finals ever. If i was q voter i would have given steph fmvp but i get why they gave it to iggy.
Curry was absolutely better offensively. Averaging lots of ppg via horrific isochucking doesnt make you better or equal

Bronbron23
12-03-2021, 06:35 PM
Curry was absolutely better offensively. Averaging lots of ppg via horrific isochucking doesnt make you better or equal

I would normally agree with the iso chucking ball dominant point but when your team is trash like brons was that finals sometimes it's better to go ball dominance and iso more with your best player. Clearly that was the idea because bron dosn't usually play that way and admitted at the time he didn't like doing it.

Plus it's like steph killed it either. If you go back and look at the series from a game by game basis it's pretty clear steph wasn't the best player in the series. Here's the best players by game that series in order.

Game 1: bron, steph klay
Game 2: bron, klay, steph
Game 3 bron, steph, klay
Game 4: iggy, steph, klay
Game 5: steph, bron, iggy
Game 6: iggy, bron, steph

Even game 5 is questionable. Bron only scored a few more points and he was less efficient but he also way more assists and rebs. Plus he was way better defensively. I'll give it to steph though since he was really good that game.

So as you can see it's hard to argue that there's no debate that steph deserved mvp over iggy when iggy was the best player on the floor in more games than steph. Again steph could of easily got it but iggy was just as deserving

Axe
12-03-2021, 11:56 PM
In garbage time? Most likely.

hold this L
12-04-2021, 01:39 AM
Emotional stans with low IQ are the most embarrassing.

You can tell this guy feels physical pain when Stephen clanks a clutch-time 3 as he's very prone to do.

https://c.tenor.com/Mr48BgTtNJMAAAAC/ponste3.gif

Our favorite KD/CP3/KG fan is back, unfortunately under a different name :lol

hold this L
12-04-2021, 01:41 AM

Lebron was incredible offensively in 16, 17, 18 in the finals. He had the worst shooting in a finals with high volume in this century. Worst clanking I can ever remember in a final.

TheGoatest
12-04-2021, 02:32 AM

The reason Curry received 0 finals MVP votes and finished below Iguodala as well as LeBron in voting in 2015 Finals MVP voting is because he got outplayed by a D-league player Matthew Dellavedova in back to back NBA finals games. First on the offensive end where Dellavedova completely shut him down and then the following game where Dellavedova dropped a regular season/playoff career high 20 points on Curry.

Axe
12-04-2021, 02:37 AM
Stephen curry blew a 3-1 lead and hca to matthew dellavedova in the 2016 finals. Also let fred vanvleet and alex caruso elevate above g-league level in the 2019 finals and the 2021 losers bracket, respectively. And he's not likely to get a finals mvp whenever his team wins a championship because he has other all-star teammates who can become more significant in the biggest stage of the game than him.