PDA

View Full Version : Name 3 superstars you DON'T want on your team

Tarik One
07-12-2006, 10:38 PM
edit: There. I changed it.

Pick 3 great players (no scrubs or role players) whom you would least want on your favorite team:

Bulls:

Ray Allen

Peja

Gilbert Arenas

I think these 3 guys would don't more harm than good for the Bulls if any them played for Chicago.

ALBballer
07-12-2006, 10:39 PM
Pick 3 stars (no scrubs or role players) whom you would least want on your favorite team:

Bulls:

Ray Allen

Peja

Gilbert Arenas

I think these 3 guys would don't more harm than good for the Bulls if any them played for Chicago.

Peja is a superstar?

AppleNader
superstars? i would hardly call Peja and Arenas superstars.

Guys like Kobe, Duncan, KG are superstars.

That being said, the superstars I don't want on my team are:

1. Kobe Bryant

Timmeh
Kobe, TMAC, and Vince Carter

BlockAHoe
07-12-2006, 10:40 PM
Kobe, Iverson, T-mac

hateraid
07-12-2006, 10:41 PM
Baron Davis
Vince Carter
Shaquille O'Neal ( We're talking at this day and age right?)

vagabond
07-12-2006, 10:43 PM
Marbury, Kobe and T-mac

thenextgreatbigman
07-12-2006, 10:43 PM
you probably meant stars so i'll mention 3
kobe, marbury, francis
and for some reason 2 of them are on my team

boshraptor4life
07-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Raptors:

Iverson, Vince Carter, Baron Davis.

BlockAHoe
07-12-2006, 10:45 PM
you probably meant stars so i'll mention 3
kobe, marbury, francis
and for some reason 2 of them are on my team

:roll: Its tough to be a knicks fan these days :roll:

funkylikemonkey
07-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Iverson, Kobe, Tmac.

SCY
07-12-2006, 10:51 PM
Kobe/Marbury for sure, and I'll say Dirk even though it would greatly improve our team, and I'd probably get over it.

NBAfan32
07-12-2006, 10:52 PM
Kobe, Baron Davis and Marbury

StarJordan
07-12-2006, 10:53 PM
Kobe, Iverson, Marbury

PureElement
07-12-2006, 10:55 PM
If they are only Peja/Ray Ray level stars then I will say VC, Marbury, and Francis

The Answer
07-12-2006, 10:55 PM
Steve Francis, Stephon Marbury, and Baron Davis

Bosh4life
07-12-2006, 10:57 PM
kobe, marbury, francis

Kobe is a ball hog and would barely lead our team to slightly over 500 ever year and lead us no where.

MArbury would be bad for the organization (coaches ect..)

Francis is a little ***** and would not play in Canada.

FlashDwyaneWade3
07-12-2006, 11:00 PM
Vince Carter - Cuz he's a whiner
Stephon Marbuy - He's a cancer.
Ron Artest - He's also a cancer.

allball
07-12-2006, 11:06 PM
Vince Carter (cant trust him)
Steve Francis (is he still a star?)
Paul Pierce (he takes losing too well)

raiderfan19
07-12-2006, 11:07 PM
Artest
baron Davis
Steve Francis(as the previous poster said, does he still count?)

West-Side
07-12-2006, 11:10 PM
Thank god some of you don't want Kobe on your team, because I don't want him on your teams either.

04mzwach
07-12-2006, 11:10 PM
kobe, vince carter and steve francis (marbury understands how to pass more than francis, francis is an idiot)

KGtoGay2k6
07-12-2006, 11:11 PM
and everybody does realize that if any of those players listed was signed or traded to their teams, theyd be instantly happy

KGBigTicket21MVP
07-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Steve Francis
Stephon Marbury
Vince Carter

TMacsOneGoodEye
07-12-2006, 11:12 PM
Dallas.

Vince Carter. He's a *****. We already got one soft superstar dude on our team (Dirk), we don't need another.

Melo. He's a punk. Maybe when he adds some maturity to his game I'd consider it. I wouldn't even want him watching my team much less being on it.

Artest. Guys nothing more than a publicity stunt. And it hurts whatever team he's on. He plays 20 games and everyone thinks he's a superstar. HE ISN'T.

raiderfan19
07-12-2006, 11:13 PM
Tmac quit with the dirk is soft bs. It was entertaining for a while and i know its your thing but no one who watches as many mavs games as you do could really be that stupid.

ZeN
07-12-2006, 11:15 PM
Shaq OldNeal

Steve Nash

Stevee Francis

(Just cause I dont enjoy watching these fellas..):ohwell:

Jerm
07-12-2006, 11:18 PM
I'll want them all on my team except Marbury. Why won't you want Vince Carter or Paul Pierce on your team?...Wierd people around here. :confusedshrug:

TMacYaoRockets
07-12-2006, 11:21 PM
ray allen
rasheed wallace
ron artest

raiderfan19
07-12-2006, 11:21 PM
The people who wouldnt want pierce or shaq or kobe are nuts. I dont like kobe but i would instantly become a kobe fan the instant he got there. As for shaq, he may not be what he once was but with so few centers in the nba now he would still be an upgrade and he still commands so much attention.

hateraid
07-12-2006, 11:24 PM
I'm surprised Vince is coming up alot, I thought I was the only one.

DetroitPistonFan
07-12-2006, 11:26 PM
Shaq - Cuz he's cancer who always blames teammates and always making them the scapegoats
Carter - Quitter
T-Mac - Same thing with Carter.He's also a quitter. Runs in the family.

blinkbizk87
07-12-2006, 11:26 PM
CLIPPERS:

marbury
francis
chris webber

grant hill lol

DirkLegend41
07-12-2006, 11:28 PM
Shaq
Carter
Marbury

Deltron3030
07-12-2006, 11:35 PM
Kobe
Ai
Dirk

I win!

allball
07-12-2006, 11:39 PM
I'll want them all on my team except Marbury. Why won't you want Vince Carter or Paul Pierce on your team?...Wierd people around here. :confusedshrug:

Well old Vince basically pretended his body was in decline, setting the Raptors up to practically give him away and then showed he was faking it the whole time. As far as Paul, he takes losing extremely well. He's a career .440 shooter (41% in the playoffs) and he has a poor assist to turnover ratio. I just dont want that kind of superstar dude. You can have him.

Jerm
07-12-2006, 11:41 PM
Yeah, who do you have on your team again better than those 2?...Ron Artest and his 3-18 nights?...:roll:

joewait
iverson
lebron james
baron davis

blinkbizk87
y wouldnt u guys want dirk, this guy is incredible, he helped a team go to the finals, same goes for AI, when he has a good supporting cast, hes a great star to have, i understand where yall comin from with shaq, kobe, marbury but not Dirk and AI

also Vince Carter is a real good player to have, i mean he almost led the Raptors to the finals, with little supporting cast, and he can do the same with Nets, they just need a big man, dont judge him when he left toronto, that team messed up the roster, and he was like 28 already, he doesnt want to rebuild, he wants to win, right now hed be a perfect fit back with the raptors

XxNeXuSxX
07-12-2006, 11:42 PM

Whoa Jerm, We AGREE!

:rockon: :banana: :applause:

RainierBeachPoet
07-12-2006, 11:50 PM
wouldnt take
kobe--- selfish
duncan---boring
garnett---overrated

XxNeXuSxX
07-12-2006, 11:51 PM
Shaq - Cuz he's cancer who always blames teammates and always making them the scapegoats
Carter - Quitter
T-Mac - Same thing with Carter.He's also a quitter. Runs in the family.

Damn that Shaq is a cancer I agree, 3 finals MVP's and 4 championships, what a useless prick!

sydneyking
07-12-2006, 11:57 PM
I go for the Knicks so I'll take anyone you have. Even guys who I hate like Vince and Artest.

i seen hippos
07-12-2006, 11:58 PM
shaq
wade
t-mac

allball
07-13-2006, 12:01 AM
Yeah, who do you have on your team again better than those 2?...Ron Artest and his 3-18 nights?...:roll:

At least he can defend and he has shut down Pierce a few times. Since Paul is pretty much a shooter, his FG% is a concern. I think Artest has more of an effect on a game's outcome than Pierce. Pierce can score 40 or 50 and lose. Artest can score 12 and still help his team win.

sydneyking
07-13-2006, 12:08 AM
At least he can defend and he has shut down Pierce a few times. Since Paul is pretty much a shooter, his FG% is a concern. I think Artest has more of an effect on a game's outcome than Pierce. Pierce can score 40 or 50 and lose. Artest can score 12 and still help his team win.
You have got to be kidding me. There is no way in hell you could justify taking Artest over Pierce. Artest's offense is often disastrous, while you can't rely on his defense night in night out.

And on top of this Ron has major character issues, while Paul Pierce is the complete opposite. Give me Pierce over Ron anyday.

XxNeXuSxX
07-13-2006, 12:11 AM
You have got to be kidding me. There is no way in hell you could justify taking Pierce over Artest. Artest's offense is often disastrous, while you can't rely on his defense night in night out.

And on top of this Ron has major character issues, while Paul Pierce is the complete opposite. Give me Pierce over Ron anyday.

I tend to agree with this.

FlashDwyaneWade3
07-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Damn that Shaq is a cancer I agree, 3 finals MVP's and 4 championships, what a useless prick!
Its true. Shaq was a cancer. He was a prick but wasn't a useless prick. Doesn't matter if he had 3 MVP's and winning 4 NBA titles. But he hasn't caused any problems with the Heat which i'm glad. Its like Ron Artest. He was a cancer while playing for the Bulls and Pacer but haven't heard anything negative about him playing for the Kings. So DetroitPistonsFan wasn't wrong, XxNeXuSxX.

XxNeXuSxX
07-13-2006, 12:17 AM
Its true. Shaq was a cancer. He was a prick but wasn't a useless prick. Doesn't matter if he had 3 MVP's and winning 4 NBA titles. But he hasn't caused any problems with the Heat which i'm glad. Its like Ron Artest. He was a cancer while playing for the Bulls and Pacer but haven't heard anything negative about him playing for the Kings. So DetroitPistonsFan wasn't wrong, XxNeXuSxX.

Yes he was, a cancer restrains a team from winning, like Stephon Marbury. How can you say that about a person that won 4 championships and being MVP in 3 of them? It doesn't make much sense.

You can't call Kobe or Shaq a Cancer.

XxNeXuSxX
07-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Also, it;s absolutely nothing like Ron Artest, what the hell has that guy won? 0 Championships?

Shaq never goes into the crowd and punches random people, stupid comparison.

allball
07-13-2006, 12:26 AM
You have got to be kidding me. There is no way in hell you could justify taking Pierce over Artest. Artest's offense is often disastrous, while you can't rely on his defense night in night out.

You may want to proofread first next time but anyway:

Well Ron went to Sac who was a fledgling, defensively inept team that was well under .500 and lead them to the playoffs and scared San Antonio for a couple of games. Sac was 18-25 when he got there and went 27-13 with him. So call it what you will.

BradMiller52
07-13-2006, 12:45 AM
IMO this topic is dumb because honestly people listing Dirk, Artest, Kobe, etc. YOU WOULD BE HAPPY IF THEY ARE ON YOUR TEAM. They make your team better. I don't like Kobe but if he was on the kings I would definitely root for him because he's such a good player and he'd help them win.

Other people are just going to list Marbury/Francis etc and they aren't stars. They're cancers.

Kobe24
07-13-2006, 12:47 AM
You guys would give your left nut to have Kobe on your team.

JtotheIzzo
07-13-2006, 02:12 AM
TMac AI Marbury

their styles conflict with winning basketball despite their individual talents.

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 02:19 AM
Bulls:

Ray Allen

Peja

Gilbert Arenas

Good, now I know to never take you seriously ever again.

Because lord knows Ben Gordon is a way smarter, tougher player.

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 02:20 AM
IMO this topic is dumb because honestly people listing Dirk, Artest, Kobe, etc. YOU WOULD BE HAPPY IF THEY ARE ON YOUR TEAM.
No, actually, in the case of Kobe, I would actually be mad if he came here and signed on for the veteran's minimum.

Since Paul is pretty much a shooter, his FG% is a concern. I think Artest has more of an effect on a game's outcome than Pierce. Pierce can score 40 or 50 and lose. Artest can score 12 and still help his team win.
People like you should be castrated. I said something similar to this, only a lot more logically, about 2 years ago. BEFORE the brawl, before Paul came out and dropped an easy, responsible, tough 26ppg on 50% shooting. You'd think people would learn. I did.

scipio
07-13-2006, 02:43 AM
My team is the Pacers. The three superstars (using the superstar label loosely):

Shaq- on the decline, and his free throw % and defense would only further our demise.

Marbury - a dominating point like Stephon would be absolutely the worst thing for the Pacers.

Vince Carter - the Pacers sure as hell don't need another injury prone player.

The Pacers could use just about any above average/star combo guard or swingman to compliment JO. The aforementioned guys would all contribute, but just about any other player I consider a superstar would be a much better fit.

Sham
07-13-2006, 02:52 AM
http://www.bballone.com/stephonm/suns/images/suns7.jpg

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y70/babysham1/VCOUT2.jpg

http://www.nba.com/media/rockets/francis_twolves020221-1.jpg

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 03:05 AM
http://www.bballone.com/stephonm/suns/images/suns7.jpg

Are you serious? What a douche

playtetris
07-13-2006, 03:09 AM
shaq
wade
t-mac

:roll:

interesttttinnnng...

playtetris
07-13-2006, 03:10 AM
wouldnt take
kobe--- selfish
duncan---boring
garnett---overrated

so you wouldn't tke duncan because he's boring?

pure insanity.
no matter the team, duncan will improve it.

JSub
07-13-2006, 03:11 AM
What's with all the TMac hate here? I'm sure ya'll will jump back on his d!ck once he regains his superstar form this season. Putting TMac on this list would mean you'd be leaving out one of these cancers:

Kobe
Marbury
Francis

I mean, seriously, how much worse can you get than that? Three fools who do not understand the simple fundamental of PASSING. Basketball is a team sport, its not about how long you can dribble the ball, while mixing in fancy moves and pump-faking constantly to draw the and1.

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 03:14 AM
No, I honestly think the Wizards would head straight down the tube with Duncan sapping the excitement out of our rising young talent.

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 03:15 AM
oh snap teh DP

West-Side
07-13-2006, 03:19 AM
Three fools who do not understand the simple fundamental of PASSING.

You do realize that only SG's in this league that had more assists then Kobe were Wade & McGrady...Iverson played PG and LeBron is listed as a SF.

A player who averaged 35.4 PPG as a "SG"...I don't see how you can accuse the man of not passing the ball. If that's the case, then only Wade is a team player at the SG position in this league.

sixty
07-13-2006, 04:25 AM
(on the sonics)

wouldnt take
duncan---boring
garnett---overrated

:ohwell: - Yeah, I agree. Johan Petro is exciting, underrated and a great passer. :D

Young HkM
07-13-2006, 04:34 AM
Thank god some of you don't want Kobe on your team, because I don't want him on your teams either.

:roll: :roll: :roll: Best answer in the whole thread

Mine:

Half Man-Half a Season (VC)
Crapbury (Marbury)
Stevie Franchise Destroyer

sixty
07-13-2006, 04:35 AM
The Suns:

- Ron Ron (Tha' tru warrior) - one of these days he will forget to take his medicine and blow up :rolleyes:

- Starburry (pride of Coney Island) - big EGO, low bball IQ and probably low IQ :rollingeyes:

- Stevie-O (The Franchise) - undersized shoting guard with with head issues :ohwell:

Rojogaqu11
07-13-2006, 04:58 AM
I actually liked Stevie Franchise with the Rockets, him and Yao were starting to mix better, I think the problem began with Van Gundy.. it seems superstars underachieve in his system.

And I also think its time to drop the myth that Kobe doesn't pass... hmm.. i think there are too high standards to meet for the guy, like he has to be contending for the assists title or something to be considered a 'good' passer... buy yeah, i get it, he should be a more willing passer knowing that he has such sharp shooters and finishers around him.. I think we would have to look some other things first, like if he's the primarily ball handler in his team and things like that.. don't know..:rollingeyes:

Semiprocappa
07-13-2006, 05:05 AM
The knicks

i want them all. Who really can afford to turn down superstars anyway. (though having two star scoring point guards is a bit of an overkill) I'd especially want Ron-Ron. Look at the pros. With Artest the Pacers are championship contender. Without - It's time to start all over again. Without Artest the kings are heading for the lottery. With him they're a playoff team all over again. Artest is like rodman only he's also a top 50 offensive guy (possibly top 30). You've just got to deal with him like the bulls dealt with rodman.

sixty
07-13-2006, 06:33 AM
Top 10 I DON'T WANT HIM ON MY TEAM:

(at the moment)

1) Marbury (16 pts) :roll:

2) Carter (13 pts) :cry:

3) Bryant (12 pts) :rollingeyes:

3) Francis (12 pts) :rolleyes:

5) Iverson (7 pts) :cry:

5) McGrady (7 pts) :hammerhead:

7) Davis (6 pts) :D

7) O'Neal (6 pts) :ohwell:

7) Artest (6 pts) :banghead:

kumquat
07-13-2006, 06:46 AM
Can't stand as a player
1.Iverson
2.Francis
3.Marbury

Dishonourable mentions
Jermaine O'neal

Can't stand as a person
1.Dirk
2.Kobe
3.Marbury

Dishonourable mentions
KG
Lebron
Melo

Semiprocappa
07-13-2006, 06:50 AM
You can add some points to Francis and I guess to any "star" point guard not named Nash. So Billups as well.

sixty
07-13-2006, 07:01 AM
You can add some points to Francis and I guess to any "star" point guard not named Nash. So Billups as well.

"Points" are based on posters opinions... I am not making them up.... I counted them.... :hammerhead:

Semiprocappa
07-13-2006, 07:05 AM
I understand that. I'm just saying that my original post wasn't entirely correct. There are a couple of stars that the knicks don't need (given their current roster)

And Francis and Billups are two of them. And i can't think of a third. (Unless you count Tony Parker)

allball
07-13-2006, 07:35 AM
No, actually, in the case of Kobe, I would actually be mad if he came here and signed on for the veteran's minimum.

People like you should be castrated. I said something similar to this, only a lot more logically, about 2 years ago. BEFORE the brawl, before Paul came out and dropped an easy, responsible, tough 26ppg on 50% shooting. You'd think people would learn. I did.

No, people who have almost 900 posts on a damn near new board should be castrated.

MaxFly
07-13-2006, 08:00 AM
Marbury, Francis, and Iverson...

The first two for obvious reasons of course, but Iverson for a more technical reason... I like Iverson... he just makes me nervous... Empirical evidence says that he'll play and be productive for a few more years, but I can't shake the feeling that as soon as my team picks him up along with his contract, he'll get injured or all the injuries of the past will catch up with him.

And I also think its time to drop the myth that Kobe doesn't pass... hmm.. i think there are too high standards to meet for the guy, like he has to be contending for the assists title or something to be considered a 'good' passer... buy yeah, i get it, he should be a more willing passer knowing that he has such sharp shooters and finishers around him..

This whole "Bryant doesn't pass the ball" thing has gotten out of hand... You'll hear... "Bryant has great shooters on his team... sharpshooters... players who can make open shots only if he'd pass the ball. He's holding them back." A few months later, when these players come up in trade talks, they're suddenly scrubs who can't hit open shots and are worth nothing...

I recall someone trying to make the case that Bryant gets a lot of his assists by accident, especially the year before when he averaged 6 assists and took 20 shots... Go figure...

The_Truth_Hurts
07-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Marbury, Baron Davis, and maybe Francis

bonez26
07-13-2006, 08:53 AM
VC, Marbury, Arenas

Real Men Wear Green
07-13-2006, 09:10 AM
I think Artest has played with Jermaine O'Neal and Mike Bibby. You need a great team to win, not just a great player. And Paul Pierce averages 25 points, 9 boards, and 5 assists in the playoffs. He's an all-around player, not just a shooter, yet you talk about him like he's Peja. Paul Pierce has also scored 40 and won. Artest has never scored 40...and probably never will. You can have the overrated nutjob.

God of BasketBall
07-13-2006, 09:23 AM
Kmart, Zo, Francis

Simply dont like them. Kmart and Francis do nothing I like from the game standpoint and Zo blocks shots, good rebounder his attitude negates that. I cant stand lookin at him, then he taunts, flexes and says dumb things after games.

allball
07-13-2006, 11:11 AM
I think Artest has played with Jermaine O'Neal and Mike Bibby. You need a great team to win, not just a great player. And Paul Pierce averages 25 points, 9 boards, and 5 assists in the playoffs. He's an all-around player, not just a shooter, yet you talk about him like he's Peja. Paul Pierce has also scored 40 and won. Artest has never scored 40...and probably never will. You can have the overrated nutjob.

All around player is he? Paul Pierce is a very talented young man but he's not a winner. Dennis Rodman never scored 40 and he was a nutjob so...

mavsfan4zindagi
07-13-2006, 11:27 AM
Kobe
KMart
Francis

sixty
07-13-2006, 11:30 AM
All around player is he? Paul Pierce is a very talented young man but he's not a winner.

Can anybody please explain what winner means at this point??

Real Men Wear Green
07-13-2006, 11:32 AM
All around player is he? Paul Pierce is a very talented young man but he's not a winner. Dennis Rodman never scored 40 and he was a nutjob so...
So Paul Pierce couldn't have won Championships playing with teammates of Jordan, Pippen, Thomas's caliber? Just stop it. Plus, Rodman didn't get into as much bs as Artest, didn't even act up until the Bad Boy era was over.

Semiprocappa
07-13-2006, 11:33 AM
Some people seem to think that to be a winner you have to win multiple championships. Possibly on your own.

Semiprocappa
07-13-2006, 11:35 AM
PP lead the Celtics to the Conference Finals a couple of years back. How is he not a winner. He's gotten just as close as steve nash and a bunch of other people who most would class as "winners"

craigthomasb
07-13-2006, 11:46 AM
1. steve francis
2. antoine walker
3. kenyon martin

Rasheed1
07-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Guys I would never want on my squad

*kobe- a ton of reasons why
*Marbury- guy doesnt want to listen
*Kmart- no good without Jason Kidd
*francis- What does he do worth mentioning?

I go back and forth over Artest....He is a definite game changer and a force. But he is too unpredictable. He is scary in that he goes off and starts gunning at the worst times, he is emotionally unstable, and he'd worry me if he was here.

:roll: anybody who lists Shaq is smoking crack..... the guy is a walking 50 wins all by himself. My team could use that type of cancer.

guys you'd be crazy to turn down

*Shaq- a beast and a problem in the paint even at his current age

*Duncan- another beast who simply plays great ball

*Dirk- multi-faceted, and getting better each time I see him play(besides finals)

*Pierce- always liked his game. He can be wery aggresive and get to the line or he can shoot from range.. great player

Im iffy on Vince. Vince amazing in what he can do, but I dont get the feeling he is always up to doing it..he looks great with J. Kidd, but who doesnt

jan803
07-13-2006, 12:06 PM

naturally you'd be mad. if he came on your team the fan response would be 'GILBERT WHO??????'

and to stay ot...

i'd STRONGLY consider to stop being a lakers fan if

marbury
francis
webber

donned a laker jersey...gag me for just imagining this...

peja...i'd be whining in the lakers forum every day.

glidedrxlr22
07-13-2006, 12:19 PM
Blazers:

Kobe: Too much baggage and he commands too many shots and he pouts when things don't go his way.

Marbury: His stats say he's good, but his teams' records don't show he has a positive effect in the wins column.

Gilbert Arenas: I like the guy's skill, but he too commands too many shots.

IlliniFan
07-13-2006, 12:38 PM
1. steve francis
2. zach randolph
3. Stephon Marbury

Too many VC haters in this post...Nj wouldnt be any where near as good as they are now without him.

allball
07-13-2006, 12:38 PM
PP lead the Celtics to the Conference Finals a couple of years back. How is he not a winner. He's gotten just as close as steve nash and a bunch of other people who most would class as "winners"

That was the weakest year in East history probably. He's never won 50 games either. Boston beat two offensively inept teams and their coached bragged about how good their defense was. Pierce had a couple of good games. If you dont believe me look here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2002.html

BTW I wouldnt consider nash a winner

XxNeXuSxX
07-13-2006, 12:43 PM
That was the weakest year in East history probably. He's never won 50 games either. Boston beat two offensively inept teams and their coached bragged about how good their defense was. Pierce had a couple of good games. If you dont believe me look here:

http://www.basketball-reference.com/playoffs/NBA_2002.html

That's stupid, he lead them over the Pistons that year hitting clutch shot after clutch shot.

And against the nets, he lead THE GREATEST 4TH QUARTER COMEBACK EVER in playoff history, yet he doesn't have the attitude of a "winner"? Please.

BTW I wouldnt consider nash a winner

So you only consider winners people on good teams? So people like Jason Terry and Jason Williams are more of winners? That is stupid.

lebron_zoom
07-13-2006, 12:49 PM
1.Marbury
2.Carter
3.Billups

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 01:26 PM
naturally you'd be mad. if he came on your team the fan response would be 'GILBERT WHO??????'
no, I'd be mad because Kobe Bryant is a selfish prick who wants personal glory before team success.

Gilbert Arenas: I like the guy's skill, but he too commands too many shots.
Really? Your team is in such a position where you can't afford 20 shots per game to one of the premier young players in the game?

jan803
07-13-2006, 01:50 PM
no, I'd be mad because Kobe Bryant is a selfish prick who wants personal glory before team success.

Really? Your team is in such a position where you can't afford 20 shots per game to one of the premier young players in the game?

you call kobe a selfish prick and then you whine to another fan about gilbert needing 20 shots a game?

do you know if you're being selfish about your own player or what?

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 01:56 PM
you call kobe a selfish prick and then you whine to another fan about gilbert needing 20 shots a game?
Gilbert doesn't take 20 shots because he's selfish. He does it because he's able to shoot 45% while doing it and his team needs him to score a lot of points. If the situation calls for it, he reverts into triple double guy. He's done it several times this season and last. Team catches fire, he's ****ing Jason Kidd out there, finishes with like 16/5/9 3 steals. Gil's a scorer cause he has the ability and needs to.

Kobe's a scorer because he's a selfish mother****er who wants it all for himself. Because he's so damn good at it, he's able to be a great player. It's not like I'm a pure Kobe hater. I hate anybody who has that mentality and wouldn't want them on my team in a million years. It's just that Kobe is the only superstar who has that mentality. Most of the other ones don't have the dedication and talent to make up for it.

And the Blazers could use a 30ppg scorer who wears his heart on his sleeve and is a grade A human being. Don't even try to deny that. Blazers would be ecstatic to have Gilbert. That guy's delirious. For a team in desperate need of a youth movement, leadership, and good character?

TMacsOneGoodEye
07-13-2006, 01:59 PM
Why anybody wouldn't want Kobe or Shaq on their team (unless it's together) I have no idea. It's haters and lovers just voicing their opinions. AKA groupies.

lebron_zoom
07-13-2006, 02:05 PM
Kobe isnt a team player, thats why people might not want him on their team but on the other hand he is a great scorer. Arenas is amazing especially in the playoffs.

allball
07-13-2006, 02:15 PM
That's stupid, he lead them over the Pistons that year hitting clutch shot after clutch shot.

And against the nets, he lead THE GREATEST 4TH QUARTER COMEBACK EVER in playoff history, yet he doesn't have the attitude of a "winner"? Please.

So you only consider winners people on good teams? So people like Jason Terry and Jason Williams are more of winners? That is stupid.

So what. Did they win the series? Why were they down that much in the first place? You're impressed by that?

No I would not consider J Will a winner. Neither would I consider Antoine Walker one. Pierce could get on a good team and win but is he the driving force behind the wins? But with Pierce it his acceptance of losing. He is a great offensive talent but he is a "superstar" which is what the topic was about that I dont want. I would rather have another "superstar" that hates to lose (there arent that many BTW). Just my opinion guy. Dont get upset.

sic
07-13-2006, 02:17 PM
Kobe
Marbury
Steve Francis

XxNeXuSxX
07-13-2006, 02:24 PM
So what. Did they win the series? Why were they down that much in the first place? You're impressed by that?.

Yes I am impressed by THE GREATEST 4TH QUARTER COME BACK OF ALL TIME!

Did you see the guy's team? Their third option was Tony Battie.

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 02:28 PM
If you gonna tell me that Pierce's playoff run in the year they lost to the nets wasn't impressive, remind me to not listen to you anymore.

that was a nothing ass team... nearly made the finals! come on, hats off. it's Toine, Pierce, and what else? jack**** else.

I was rooting for the Nets hard in that series but I really came away respecting Pierce.

TMacsOneGoodEye
07-13-2006, 02:32 PM
What year was it that Pierce broke that free throw record by going something like 30-30 agains the Pacers? Was that in 03 or 04?

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 02:33 PM
I remember that game, pretty sure it was 21-21, can't remember the year though.

TMacsOneGoodEye
07-13-2006, 02:34 PM
I think it was 04 against the Pacers second round maybe.

usama123
07-13-2006, 02:35 PM
Carter, francais, Marbury

truballer
07-13-2006, 02:39 PM
I see everybody keeps puting marbury and franics. I know their names are known but are they really superstars. Superstars i think of Kobe, shaq, AI VC, etc and there's not one superstar i wouldn't want on my team. All offense superstars are selfish thats what they do put points on the board , all players have things they do better than someone else but if you call them a superstar that means they're the cream of the crop. All I'm saying is we need to redefine the meaning of superstar because neither marbury of francis is a superstarr.

jan803
07-13-2006, 02:45 PM
Gilbert doesn't take 20 shots because he's selfish. He does it because he's able to shoot 45% while doing it and his team needs him to score a lot of points. If the situation calls for it, he reverts into triple double guy. He's done it several times this season and last. Team catches fire, he's ****ing Jason Kidd out there, finishes with like 16/5/9 3 steals. Gil's a scorer cause he has the ability and needs to.

Kobe's a scorer because he's a selfish mother****er who wants it all for himself. Because he's so damn good at it, he's able to be a great player. It's not like I'm a pure Kobe hater. I hate anybody who has that mentality and wouldn't want them on my team in a million years. It's just that Kobe is the only superstar who has that mentality. Most of the other ones don't have the dedication and talent to make up for it.

And the Blazers could use a 30ppg scorer who wears his heart on his sleeve and is a grade A human being. Don't even try to deny that. Blazers would be ecstatic to have Gilbert. That guy's delirious. For a team in desperate need of a youth movement, leadership, and good character?

thank you for this post. you help how you show yours and other's double standard of kobe here in ish.

funny kobe was a 45% shooter this season as wekk. but of course in the playoffs he went 49%.

kobe took the most shots for his team during the regular season w/26 shots per game. then in the finals he only needed 20 shots.

Kobe

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 02:54 PM
there are only like 8-10 "true" superstars in this game. and most of them people would kill to have on their team. I think pretty much anybody who is or has been recently considered an all star quality player counts here.

BIG FURB
07-13-2006, 02:58 PM
I see everybody keeps puting marbury and franics. I know their names are known but are they really superstars. Superstars i think of Kobe, shaq, AI VC, etc and there's not one superstar i wouldn't want on my team. All offense superstars are selfish thats what they do put points on the board , all players have things they do better than someone else but if you call them a superstar that means they're the cream of the crop. All I'm saying is we need to redefine the meaning of superstar because neither marbury of francis is a superstarr.
QFT, the whole concept of this thread is stupid. There's not one superstar player i wouldn't want on my team (Marbury and francis don't count as I wouldn't classify them as superstars anyway)

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 03:11 PM
...which is why you have to realize he's not talking about top 5 players when he made this thread.

BIG FURB
07-13-2006, 03:53 PM
...which is why you have to realize he's not talking about top 5 players when he made this thread.
Neither am I, I'm saying if your team gets a top 15 type player like an arenas, Carter, pierce, Marion, Brand, etc you break out the cubans, pop the cristal and start doing your happy dance. None of these guys are top 5, but they don't have any faults so glaring it overrides the positives that having players of their caliber brings to a team. That's why I think the concept of this thread is stupid.

allball
07-13-2006, 04:21 PM
If you gonna tell me that Pierce's playoff run in the year they lost to the nets wasn't impressive, remind me to not listen to you anymore.

that was a nothing ass team... nearly made the finals! come on, hats off. it's Toine, Pierce, and what else? jack**** else.

I was rooting for the Nets hard in that series but I really came away respecting Pierce.

I am impressed by Pierce's talent which is why I'm so hard on him in the first place. Has he built on that? I look at this guy when he loses and I see he can live with it. It was a decent run but hardly legendary. Now the next year they come back and beat Indiana. His lines are:

FG
8/24 21/21 FTs
5/18 3/5 FTs
5/8 10/11 F
10/21 14/15 best game
5/21 5/6
11/21 3/5

Guarded by Artest.

But they won so okay cool. then they got swept by the Nets.

Pierce on a skill level is one of the best players in the league. The desire level is the issue and if on top of that he has a 41% FG history in the playoffs whether he has 25 points or not, he is a superstar I can do without especially if I got to pay him Gazillions of bucks. Sorry man. Anwyay I'm done with this but here's a tribute to show no hard feelings:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVjRZqr4Sto&search=paul%20pierce

Wicked_1
07-13-2006, 04:30 PM
Baron Davis, Steph Marbury, Steve francis:banghead:

Kobe24
07-13-2006, 04:36 PM
Geewiz is semi- retarded. He says Gilbert can take 20 shots because he shoots 45%,What was kobe fg%..go look it up. If Phil Jackson offered Kobe for Arenas,Your manager would accept it in half a second and your city will be getting more publicity and not to mention the team would get better. Kobe doesn't have a winner's mentality? His three rings proved he only cared about his personal glory? Any contributor on a championship team is a winner. Gilbert cares more about getting to the all star game and addidas commercials than rings.

geeWiz15
07-13-2006, 04:50 PM
I am impressed by Pierce's talent which is why I'm so hard on him in the first place. Has he built on that? I look at this guy when he loses and I see he can live with it.
Pierce is the opposite of what you describe. Talentwise, he's not close to top 15 quality. He can't jump high, he can't run fast, he doesn't have amazing moves. He's tough and he wants it. That's why he sacrifices his body by getting to the line 10 times a game, even before that became commonplace for every half decent slasher. That's why he's perfected the jumpshot. That's why he's able to dominate all aspects of a game and do everything he can to win the game for his team despite average talent and terrible teammates. And you're telling me he DOESN'T WANT IT? Players who don't want it don't get stabbed and then play the next day. They don't get to the line 21 times while being guarded by Artest before all the rule changes. They don't lead their severly undermanned team that is 21 down in the fourth quarter back to win and they don't carry a crappy team damn near to the Finals. And they surely don't stick with a crappy team like the Celtics. No, Pierce wants to lead these guys, he wants to win with them, every ounce of his body is dedicated to winning every game, and if you can't see that, I just feel sorry for you.

Geewiz is semi- retarded. He says Gilbert can take 20 shots because he shoots 45%,What was kobe fg%..go look it up.
Actually, that's not what I said. You intentionally took my comment out of context and changed the subject of the debate for your own benefit and I won't dignify your bull**** with a response.

If Phil Jackson offered Kobe for Arenas,Your manager would accept it in half a second and your city will be getting more publicity and not to mention the team would get better.
Are you sure about that? Grunfeld has a history of turning down deals that improve the talent and lower the maturity of a team. Would our team get better? Maybe a little, temporarily. But for all the extra publicity we would get (as if I care about that), some teammate would get mad at Kobe, somebody's effectiveness would be crushed by his ego, some free agent who happens to like to take shots and dribble the ball would be forced to sign elsewhere. Anybody who considers himself a leader and who wants the ball in crunchtime is gone. Anybody who tries to minimalize Kobe's control of the team would have a problem. And little by little team issues would start to pop up, team issues that Phil Jackson can minimalize but Eddie Jordan cannot.

Kobe doesn't have a winner's mentality? His three rings proved he only cared about his personal glory? Any contributor on a championship team is a winner.
You're full of ****. Clearly, Kobe's ego expanded through those championship runs and only reached its peak toward the end of the third. And now it's in full swing, and those rings have convinced him that he's better than he really is. You can't try and tell me that 2001 Kobe under the wing of Phil Jackson and Shaq, and 2006 Kobe under some playerhappy coach would be on the same plane of effectiveness. People don't stay static through time and environment.

Gilbert cares more about getting to the all star game and addidas commercials than rings.
And close with unjustified bull****.

I'm not denying Kobe's the most skilled and best individual player in basketball. I said I don't want him on my team, because I'd rather have an untalented group of guys who play together, with the hopes of lucking out into the final piece to make it a contender, then place all my eggs in Kobe Bryant's basket and be forced to make all my decisions center around him, because I don't believe he's good enough to have to "work around" in order to build the team. You don't have to "work around" Gilbert. You don't have to get "his kind of players." He can play with anybody and be effective in some way.

Kobe24
07-13-2006, 04:58 PM
You say that all my responses are unjustified? Basically you are saying not much people want to play with Kobe Bryant? Odom sure likes it here and wants to spend the rest of his career here and also Pierce and Davis would want to come to L.A and also Artest and many more. The wizards lineup is arguably better than the Lakers lineup but yet Kobe Bryant brings his team to a better record with injuries to Kwame and Mihm and also unproven players like walton and Smush. You must be stupid to think that grunfield woudn't accept that trade.

jan803
07-13-2006, 06:06 PM
Are you sure about that? Grunfeld has a history of turning down deals that improve the talent and lower the maturity of a team. Would our team get better? Maybe a little, temporarily. But for all the extra publicity we would get (as if I care about that), some teammate would get mad at Kobe, somebody's effectiveness would be crushed by his ego, some free agent who happens to like to take shots and dribble the ball would be forced to sign elsewhere. Anybody who considers himself a leader and who wants the ball in crunchtime is gone. Anybody who tries to minimalize Kobe's control of the team would have a problem. And little by little team issues would start to pop up, team issues that Phil Jackson can minimalize but Eddie Jordan cannot.

some guy like butler maybe?

oh, they're buds.

gee, odom hates playing w/him...NOT!

radmanovich...geez, wants to play for the lakers...dam, playing w/the selfish prick? go figure.

You're full of ****. Clearly, Kobe's ego expanded through those championship runs and only reached its peak toward the end of the third. And now it's in full swing, and those rings have convinced him that he's better than he really is. You can't try and tell me that 2001 Kobe under the wing of Phil Jackson and Shaq, and 2006 Kobe under some playerhappy coach would be on the same plane of effectiveness. People don't stay static through time and environment.

for as forgetful a season kobe had in 2005, 26/6/6...those are crap stats by kobe's standards and that was under a system and circumstances that were under a playerhappy coach (rudy t) and frank hamlem.

2006 kobe is better than you think, that's for sure. some on this board is rating him as the number 1 player in the league. there's a thread rating the top 5 and see the results.

yes, phil has a strong influence on him...and b shaw and tex winter and the rest of the coaching staff. my point being that if he were such a selfish prink, coaches like these wouldn't have a positive influence. this is one of the reason why i get so tired of the continual notion that kobe's ego is uncontrollable.

I'm not denying Kobe's the most skilled and best individual player in basketball. I said I don't want him on my team, because I'd rather have an untalented group of guys who play together, with the hopes of lucking out into the final piece to make it a contender, then place all my eggs in Kobe Bryant's basket and be forced to make all my decisions center around him, because I don't believe he's good enough to have to "work around" in order to build the team. You don't have to "work around" Gilbert. You don't have to get "his kind of players." He can play with anybody and be effective in some way.

well this is a newsflash. You can just pull guys off the playground and gilbert

EJ NY 151
07-13-2006, 08:48 PM
I havent been here very long, but I have noticed a lot of bull**** arguments that go on in this place with people not backing up what they say.. well I am just taking the time out to say that geeWiz and jan and others involved in this discussion.. well done, people. i enjoy reading organized debate like this...

my 3 superstars i wouldnt want on my team are:

Stephon Marbury
Steve Francis
Jamal Crawford

****! my team has all 3 of them, what a coincidence... ok maybe crawford doesnt count but still...

KingofVaginville
07-13-2006, 08:54 PM
Neither am I, I'm saying if your team gets a top 15 type player like an arenas, Carter, pierce, Marion, Brand, etc you break out the cubans, pop the cristal and start doing your happy dance. None of these guys are top 5, but they don't have any faults so glaring it overrides the positives that having players of their caliber brings to a team. That's why I think the concept of this thread is stupid.

Exactly man. Most dudes in this thread naming Carter and Pierce are high or just on a bandwagon so they can look cool or something. It's ming boggling.

nash4eva!gosuns
07-13-2006, 10:22 PM
1. Kobe...definitely:violin: he's a right sob story...and a ball hog
2. Marbury..(strawberry...:banana: ) haha...get it...strawberry banana?
3. tayshaun prince...he's a good player but his slinkiness scares me...:cry:

Human Error
07-14-2006, 10:21 PM
Kobe, Marbury, Carmelo

bomber
07-14-2006, 10:29 PM
at this point, id take any current superstar to pair them with pierce. im just not the type of fan that sees things like theres no hope for change. If a player is good enough to be labeled as a superstar in this thread, then they've done something right. If they have there heads on straight then they can make teams win.

Hell we had antoine walker when he was at all star level and I enjoyed him 90% of the time.

The Laker Link
07-14-2006, 11:05 PM
Wow...surprise, surprise that so many people don't want Kobe...although he has almost 3 more rings than any of the guys you have all listed and other things....

Sounds like you guys want people like Gary Payton and Boris Diaw and Raja Bell and all these other people that are just there...haven't made a difference in either winning or losing...and that is really sad....in a way...but whatever...no surprise and I could really care less.....

sydneyking
07-14-2006, 11:08 PM
I'm surprised that anyone would take Vince over Kobe (I'm looking at you GeeWiz). What the hell does Vince do better other than dunk?

wally_world
07-15-2006, 04:08 AM
Kobe
Marbury (if he's still considered a superstar)
LeBron James (you'll be the scottie pippen in the Jordon era)

sixty
07-15-2006, 04:59 AM
Update:

1) S. Marbury (31 pts) :rolleyes:

2) S. Francis (24 pts) :applause:

3) K. Bryant (19 pts) :rollingeyes:

4) V. Carter (16 pts) :banana:

5) A. Iverson (8 pts) :pimp:

5) B. Davis (8 pts) :banghead:

7) T. McGrady (7 pts) :ohwell:

8) R. Artest (6 pts) :D

8) S. O'Neal (6 pts) :confused:

10) K. Martin (4 pts) :rockon:

JtotheIzzo
07-15-2006, 05:24 AM
Sixty is a big stat guy...love it:applause:

sixty
07-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Sixty is a big stat guy...love it:applause:

Yeah, I am a sucker for stats :rollingeyes: .

Real Men Wear Green
07-15-2006, 11:18 AM
10) K. Martin (4 pts) :rockon:
How is Kenyon Martin a superstar?

God of BasketBall
07-15-2006, 11:27 AM
How is Kenyon Martin a superstar?

Define superstar.

DeuceWallaces
07-15-2006, 11:29 AM
Starbury
Antoine
Arenas

Real Men Wear Green
07-15-2006, 11:43 AM
Define superstar.
"Superstar," to me, fits at least one of the following categories, in order of importance:
1 (most important): A dominant, or at least elite, player at their position. Martin clearly doesn't fit this definition, because the last time he looked good he was a Net, and even as a Net he wasn't a great pf, being neither great scorer nor great rebounder, just a pretty good rebounder that defended at a high level but offensively only got putbacks and whatever Kidd gave him.

2 (a lesser standard): Just be an All-Star. Martin has once, but it was years ago as a Net, a feat that was half Jason Kidd.

3 (weakest standard): A famous player with a ton of fan support, like Vince Carter (although VC fits the first two definitions of mine right now and for most of his career, his last years as a Raptor show how a guy can be a superstar without doing much). Kenyon Martin is no big fan attraction.

geeWiz15
07-15-2006, 12:21 PM
I'm surprised that anyone would take Vince over Kobe (I'm looking at you GeeWiz). What the hell does Vince do better other than dunk?
I wouldn't take Vince either. Kobe > Vince. Kobe isn't the only player in this league with an attitude I don't like, you know. Vince's is even worse.

Prime Objective
07-15-2006, 12:33 PM
iverson, kobe and vince

Voratian
07-15-2006, 12:34 PM
I wouldn't want Jason Williams, Antoine Walker or Alonzo on the Spurs.

kingsfan
07-15-2006, 12:46 PM
I didn't know we had 100 superstars in the league...

AppleNader
07-15-2006, 12:48 PM
1. Tim Duncan
2. Shaquille O'Neal
3. Jason Kidd

3 guys I definately don't want to play with. Locker room cancers and born losers

DeuceWallaces
07-15-2006, 01:15 PM
I think TD and Shaq's 7 championships would have something to say about being born losers.

kkinchen
07-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Vince Carter, Ron Artest, Stephon Marbury, and my reserve guy i don't want on my team is Baron Davis (too injury proned)

Twiens
07-15-2006, 02:05 PM
wouldnt take
kobe--- selfish
duncan---boring
garnett---overrated

:roll: Who would want 3 of the top 5 players in the league?

dak121
07-15-2006, 02:11 PM
Marbury's a superstar? Francis?

Maybe true if this was the year 2001 but not anymore. Those 2 are barely even stars.

sixty
07-16-2006, 04:58 AM
1. Tim Duncan
2. Shaquille O'Neal
3. Jason Kidd

3 guys I definately don't want to play with. Locker room cancers and born losers

:wtf:

I hope you are joking.

SupermanOnSteroids
07-16-2006, 06:12 AM
1. baron diva - a chucker a whiner a talented gifted nutjob and always hurt and therefore unreliable.
2. wince carter - raptor version. upped his game in jersey, but still has a quitter hiding in him somewhere in there. hart to trust the guy now.
3. ron artest - cannot rely on him. headcase. he WILL do something dumb to get suspended and you'll be down a franchise level player possibly in the playoffs.

MaxFly
07-16-2006, 08:51 AM
Some of you need to simply list Bryant as a player you wouldn't want on your team, explain that it's just because you don't like him, are rooting for him to fail, are biased, etc... and just let it go. Please stop trying to lend credence to your opinion by going any further than that.

gb8
07-16-2006, 09:32 AM
Jason Kidd- gettin kind of old. Shaq- Top ten greats of all time but gettin to old no longer deserves the money he is on. Jermaine o Neal- Just not really ever produced as much as people think he wouldve.

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
07-16-2006, 01:28 PM
Good, now I know to never take you seriously ever again.

Because lord knows Ben Gordon is a way smarter, tougher player.

Yeah I would choose Gilbert, but Ben Gordon is stronger/tougher than all 3 of those.

Gilbo does have those huge shoulders and that penetrating mentality, but Ben G. can definitely make J's with contact, bench press 300, winner's mentality etc.

Smarterwise, then yeah.. Peja/Ray/Gilbo have better B-Ball IQ's!

Knoe Itawl
07-16-2006, 01:44 PM
Bryant - attitude overwhelms his talent as far as I'm concerned, plus he's overrated as the last three post seasons (or lack of) have shown.

Marbury - I used to defend this guy, but it has become apparent that he just doesn't improve a team and is hardheaded as hell.

KMart - Boy I can't stand his "I'll make a face like an idiot everytime I dunk" antics.

KingofVaginville
07-16-2006, 01:58 PM
Bryant - attitude overwhelms his talent as far as I'm concerned, plus he's overrated as the last three post seasons (or lack of) have shown.

Marbury - I used to defend this guy, but it has become apparent that he just doesn't improve a team and is hardheaded as hell.
KMart - Boy I can't stand his "I'll make a face like an idiot everytime I dunk" antics.

I can see you gave Marbury a chance. Why didn't you do the same for Kobe?...

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
07-16-2006, 02:02 PM
For the Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers.

Ray Allen - Would not be able to co-exist with A.I as seen by their Milwaukee/Philadelphia or Connecticut/Georgetown or who plays Jesus in He Got Game rivalries. Need more defense. Both are offensive oriented and would probably make the best backcourt in the league. However much chaos, and inability to use the best of both skills. "Ray Allen Iverson" One of my fav playahs in the league, still.

Gilbert Arenas - See above almost.

Mario Elie - Too similar to Iverson.

sixty
07-16-2006, 02:07 PM

Do you think he would reconsider and came back to play?

WilliamPhiladelphiaSmith
07-16-2006, 02:11 PM

Do you think he would reconsider and came back to play?

Lol, I meant the guy who's on the Warriors right now? His name is similar, no?

gpfanz
07-18-2006, 07:40 AM
Marbury

Francis

Vince Carter

sonics0034
07-18-2006, 10:00 AM
Seattle Supersonics:

Kobe- a big time rapist who doesn't want to be put in the same breath with ray ray :applause:

Ron Artest- A Tru Warier :rockon:

Marbury- A born "loser" who thinks he is the #1 PG :wtf:

CVMerlot954
07-18-2006, 02:19 PM

Pick 3 great players (no scrubs or role players) whom you would least want on your favorite team:

Bulls:

Ray Allen

Peja

Gilbert Arenas

I think the topic should been about All-Stars.

Every team would love to have a superstars. That's why they're called superstars. If a team puts any two of the league superstars together, that team will become a title contender.

But there are superstars out there, that can't work well together with other SS, because they're ball-hogs. Take A.I. for example. I love his game. But he has to take multiple shots to average 30 points. C-Webb was a superstar, but now he's on one leg. I feel sorry for the man. If C-Webb was back to his old self, and A.I. average 10+ dimes a game, they'd be serious title contenders. But then again, their team has no defense. A.I. is being shopped around the league.

I like to think of superstars, as all-star players, that does everything for their team. Score a lot points effectively, get teammates involve by pentrating and dishing or use the low or high post, rebound, and play good-solid defense. Superstars led by explain, and/or vocally. When the game is on the line, they take control.

CVMerlot954
07-18-2006, 02:33 PM
As much as I enjoy watching A.I. play, I wouldn't want him playing next to D-Wade. A.I. would be perfect for a team like the Bulls, because they've got a lot of role players, with only Ben Gordan as an offensive threat. I'd rather watch A.I. chuck up a three than Ben Wallace.

I wouldn't like Marbury on the Heat neither. Scoring point guards aren't my thing. I like true point guards, like Chris Paul and Steve Nash. Those point guards are offensively dangerous, but they rather play the team game. I'm very surprised CP3 was able to get 7.8 assists with the players around him. With Peja playing SF, CP3 assist should go up by 2 or 3.

NY has too many scoring options for their point guards to be thinking about getting their shots first. If any of those scoring point guards were playing for the Bulls team of right now, they'd be perfect fit.

3rd All-Star I wouldn't want in a Heat jersey, Rashard Lewis. As talented as he is, he should be doing it all. He's a 6'10 SF, he should be playing the high and low post, like the old C-Webb, Garnett, Duncan, and Dirk. If he cound do that, he'd get more of his teammates involved, more foul shots. The closer you get to the basket, the more likely you're going to get fouled. Dribbling around the perimeter or running through screens for shots, is what Ray Allen, Rip, and M. Redd are supposed to be doing.

xxxSuperStar
07-18-2006, 04:03 PM
Martynas Andriuskevicius
Zarko Cabarkapa
Didier Ilunga-Mbenga

Alternate: Sarunas Jasikevicius

Because it would be too hard to talk about my team. :pimp:

Yaosonegoodear
02-22-2010, 04:25 AM
people considered VC a superstar?

YAWN
02-22-2010, 04:29 AM
:lol

Yaosonegoodear
02-22-2010, 04:35 AM

My how I miss this guy. :oldlol:

SAKOTXA
02-22-2010, 04:46 AM

Oh yeah, for sure!
http://www.nba-basketball.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/gilbert-arenas-gun.jpg

lovethetriangle
02-22-2010, 04:48 AM
For the Philadelphia Seventy-Sixers.

Ray Allen - Would not be able to co-exist with A.I as seen by their Milwaukee/Philadelphia or Connecticut/Georgetown or who plays Jesus in He Got Game rivalries. Need more defense. Both are offensive oriented and would probably make the best backcourt in the league. However much chaos, and inability to use the best of both skills. "Ray Allen Iverson" One of my fav playahs in the league, still.

Gilbert Arenas - See above almost.

We have really come a long way.

robertshaw_1
02-22-2010, 06:22 AM
Iverson
Carter
Mc Grady

scott0326
02-22-2010, 06:25 AM
Geewiz15 is a genius, plain and simple. All who disagree know nothing. Oh and Yao > Dwight howard.

plowking
02-22-2010, 06:27 AM
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade

scott0326
02-22-2010, 06:29 AM
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Dwyane Wade
Agreed. Lebron is overrated, Kobe is a ball hog and D-wade is just plain mean.

lukekarts
02-22-2010, 06:37 AM

UK-NJ
02-22-2010, 07:38 AM
I'd take any of them at the moment. :oldlol:

OrlandoAnderson
02-22-2010, 08:45 AM

Guys like Kobe, Duncan, KG are superstars.

1. Kobe Bryant

umm pretty sure anyone who earns $111million over 6 years and graces the cover of an Nba game and has an immense following in the blog world and not to mention plays all star games is a SUPERSTAR- (Gilbert Arenas) nuffsaid.
Just like think before u open that cyber mouth.

Whiteness
02-22-2010, 08:52 AM
umm pretty sure anyone who earns $111million over 6 years and graces the cover of an Nba game and has an immense following in the blog world and not to mention plays all star games is a SUPERSTAR- (Gilbert Arenas) nuffsaid.
Just like think before u open that cyber mouth.

...And his first post is a fierce one! Put away your Gilbert boner.

Harison
02-22-2010, 12:10 PM
At this moment and talking about true superstars: Iverson, Shaq and Kidd. First one is obvious, while Shaq and Kidd are too old and washed up to be a factor. Even healthy Tmac is better than any of them. Garnett is closing in to the list, but he is still the cornerstone of a very strong team, so if health allows, he will contribute several more years.

Btw, why people even pick Marbury and the likes, even in his prime he wasnt a superstar, All-Star sure, but Superstar list is much more exclusive IMO.

crisoner
02-22-2010, 12:32 PM
All you guys are full of sh*t.

And I say this by experience because if there was one dude I hated more then anything in the NBA it was Karl Malone. It's because he dissed Magic back in the day saying he didn't want to play with him because of the whole HIV virus etc. And when do came to the Lakers I was pisst...even though I knew how good of a player he was. But when he played a couple games for us....had to give it up. I know he got injured towards the end but Malone played with a whole lot of grit and heart. Had to give it up and he more then earned my respect after that season.

So for all you dissing whatever player if they was on your team helping you win your gunna be a fan. ANd remember...it's not like we personally know these people...they are just ball players.

glidedrxlr22
02-22-2010, 12:32 PM
Blazers:

Kobe......fukc him
Kidd
B. Davis

HylianNightmare
02-22-2010, 12:34 PM

Orlando Anderson

i like this

Kurosawa0
02-22-2010, 12:37 PM
I do find it funny that there are people saying LeBron and Kobe. The best two players on the two best teams in the league.

Poodle
02-22-2010, 01:00 PM
ai, joejohnson, richardjefferson

phoenix18
02-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I do find it funny that there are people saying LeBron and Kobe. The best two players on the two best teams in the league.
Lebron is questionable, but Kobe is not. Dude is great, but you have to realize that everyone team is different. Kobe on the Nets just would not work for example. Dude would scream for a trade all day long.

KenneBell
02-22-2010, 01:11 PM
We have really come a long way.
Amazing what a few years can do huh?

Doranku
02-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Lebron is questionable, but Kobe is not. Dude is great, but you have to realize that everyone team is different. Kobe on the Nets just would not work for example. Dude would scream for a trade all day long.

LeBron wouldn't be much different. Instead of demanding a trade, he'd just give the organization and the media daily 'friendly reminders' of his free agency date. Dude would probably change his number to the year of his free agency. :oldlol:

phoenix18
02-22-2010, 01:16 PM
Amazing what a few years can do huh?
I dont even know why you Laker fans even give us(I guess I hate sometimes:lol ) the time of day. You guys have been in the finals like13492387 times.. let me put it this way. If I added up the number of Finals appearances my top 10 favorite players had, I would still have to multiply it by three to match your franchise.

:eek: Makes me sad.

phoenix18
02-22-2010, 01:17 PM
LeBron wouldn't be much different. Instead of demanding a trade, he'd just give the organization and the media daily 'friendly reminders' of his free agency date. Dude would probably change his number to the year of his free agency. :oldlol:

That's true too.

bagelred
02-22-2010, 01:18 PM
LOL at everyone mentioning Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury.:oldlol:

Did we revert back to 2003? Superstars? :roll:

Dave3
02-22-2010, 01:19 PM
LOL at everyone mentioning Steve Francis and Stephon Marbury.:oldlol:

Did we revert back to 2003? Superstars? :roll:
This thread is a 2006 one.

bagelred
02-22-2010, 01:21 PM
This thread is a 2006 one.

Haha....didn't notice that.....my bad. :hammerhead:

ohdilly
02-22-2010, 01:36 PM
I swear some people here a delusional with their picks.

For the Lakers:

1. Mo Williams

2. Monta Ellis

3. Vince Carter

4. Baron Davis

They're great players but I feel they would do more harm than good in a Laker jersey.

Juges8932
02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Man, I was reading this shit and seeing Kobe on almost every list like wtf, then I looked at the date and was like ahhhhhhhh, I see. Lol.

Cermet
02-22-2010, 01:50 PM

Bulls:

Ray Allen

Peja

Gilbert Arenas

Blazers or Suns

Kobe
Ariza/KG
Jr Smith/Rasheed Wallace

SEEBASS1234
02-22-2010, 01:57 PM
Lebron James - would love to see him play BUT i would hate to see the way he acts. he whines too much on the court when he doesnt get a foul called

Paul Pierce - simply cannot stand the man

Rajon Rondo - I just dont think he would be that good on a team where he is the leader

ohdilly
02-22-2010, 02:01 PM
Lebron James - would love to see him play BUT i would hate to see the way he acts. he whines too much on the court when he doesnt get a foul called

Rajon Rondo - I just dont think he would be that good on a team where he is the leader

Me too, albeit he's a Socal native, he's one of the guys that I just HATE for no apparent reason.

kkling
02-22-2010, 02:06 PM

There are people who whine far more than Lebron does.

lilbeastnani
02-22-2010, 02:11 PM

The thing is, Rondo already IS the leader. It wasn't that way when the big 3 first arrived but that's how it is right now.

coin24
02-22-2010, 02:11 PM
Me too, albeit he's a Socal native, he's one of the guys that I just HATE for no apparent reason.

Yeah im the same, always hated him.. Its justified to me when he makes stupid comments like he's one of the best shooters ever etc. Hes a douchebag..

Andrei89
02-22-2010, 03:18 PM
VC is Vintage in the 4th quarter. Me wants him

I wouldn't want Kobe too much of a ballhog
Allen Iverson --> He just sux these days
Paul Pierce ---> overhyped

Samurai Swoosh
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Gilbert Arenas is a superstar caliber player. Shame he's waisted the last 2 - 3 seasons.

1. Kobe Bryant
Why?

The second he slapped on a Team USA jersey in the summer of 2007, we got the swagger back and started beating teams by an average of 20+ ppg, again. Ungreatful, much?

West-Side
07-07-2015, 11:16 AM
Must be a lot of Clipper fans in this discussion; so many people would not want a Superstar on their team. I guess y'all don't like winning.

Mirror
07-07-2015, 11:23 AM
LeBron
Melo
CP3

Fowl
07-07-2015, 11:26 AM
LeBron
James Harden
Kevin Love

KrizMiz
07-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Blake Griffin
Chris Paul
Kevin Durant

Legends66NBA7
07-07-2015, 11:38 AM
:oldlol: @ some of the responses in this thread.

riseagainst
07-07-2015, 11:46 AM
most people in here named Kobe.
Then he went ahead and won another championships in 4 months.

sd3035
07-07-2015, 11:48 AM
Chris Paul, Carmelo, Lebald

midatlantic09
07-07-2015, 11:49 AM
Melo
Melo
Melo

imnew09
07-07-2015, 11:51 AM
Ish trolling were too strong back then

West-Side
07-07-2015, 11:52 AM
People said it would be nuts to not take Shaq, and stupid to take Kobe.
After this thread was created:

- Shaq won no championships.
- Kobe won 2 as the #1 option.

My niggaaa! :pimp:

STATUTORY
07-07-2015, 11:55 AM

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: what alt is dis fool posting under now?

Doranku
:roll: My favorite are the people that said they didn't want Kobe on their team who are fans of teams that Kobe shit all over on his way to b2b titles only a couple short years later.

So funny how dumb people are.

STATUTORY
:roll: My favorite are the people who said they didn't want Kobe on their team who are fans of teams that Kobe shit all over on his way to b2b titles only a couple short years later.

So funny how dumb people are.

but GIlbert ARENAS!! agent zero doe!

catch24
07-07-2015, 12:04 PM
Kobe's 3 straight finals appearances/2 titles as the best player mind ****ed a lot of these posters.

Their preconceived notions and instinctive hatred for Kobe had to have been humbled. :oldlol:

RidonKs
07-07-2015, 12:20 PM
good thread

the starting five in today's league

(2) westbrook (4)
(4) harden (3)
(5) anthony (5)
(3) griffin (1)
(1) cousins (2)

left side ranks talent from 1 to 5
right side ranks mentality from 1 to 5

so combining the two, in the context of this thread, which of these five do i least want on my team?

5. Cousins (2)
4. Griffin (3)
3. Westbrook (8)
2. Harden (12)
1. Anthony (25)

yes i have packed my belongings and embraced the bandwagon

**** carmelo anthony

pastis
07-07-2015, 02:04 PM
3 players i dont want on my team:

Matthews
DJ
Chandler Parsons

HM: Rondo

KendrickPerkins
07-07-2015, 02:12 PM
good thread

the starting five in today's league

(2) westbrook (4)
(4) harden (3)
(5) anthony (5)
(3) griffin (1)
(1) cousins (2)

left side ranks talent from 1 to 5
right side ranks mentality from 1 to 5

so combining the two, in the context of this thread, which of these five do i least want on my team?

5. Cousins (2)
4. Griffin (3)
3. Westbrook (8)
2. Harden (12)
1. Anthony (25)

yes i have packed my belongings and embraced the bandwagon

**** carmelo anthony
Westbrook has the best mentality of the 5 IMO.

What's the reasoning behind those rankings? Give us the details man!

Fallen Angel
07-07-2015, 02:45 PM
For the Rockets:

Demarcus Cousins- Psychopath
Chris Paul- Psychopath
Rajon Rondo- Exposed

KendrickPerkins
07-07-2015, 02:48 PM
For the Rockets:

Demarcus Cousins- Psychopath
Chris Paul- Psychopath
Rajon Rondo- Exposed
His superstar status has long been revoked.

Choose another eligible superstar please.

Fallen Angel
07-07-2015, 02:49 PM
His superstar status has long been revoked.

Choose another eligible superstar please.
Dame Lizard- Can't have both players in the backcourt unable to play D

KendrickPerkins
07-07-2015, 02:53 PM
Dame Lizard- Can't have both players in the backcourt unable to play D
He's not quite a superstar...

Maybe Melo could be your choice?

Fallen Angel
07-07-2015, 02:57 PM
He's not quite a superstar...

Maybe Melo could be your choice?
2x All-Star and All-NBA Third Team within his first 3 seasons, I'd qualify that as a superstar

As for Carmelo, I'm trying to not dog him. He may win a ring one day as the man if Phil Jackson really is on to something or if he were to leave to another team. I'm not trying to be like those dudes that picked Kobe months before he won a ring.

KendrickPerkins
07-07-2015, 03:06 PM
2x All-Star and All-NBA Third Team within his first 3 seasons, I'd qualify that as a superstar

As for Carmelo, I'm trying to not dog him. He may win a ring one day as the man if Phil Jackson really is on to something or if he were to leave to another team. I'm not trying to be like those dudes that picked Kobe months before he won a ring.
He may never win another playoff series as the man, my dude...

A ring is out of question.

As far as Lillard goes, he's no superstar.

LeBron
Durant
Davis
Griffin
Paul
Harden
Westbrook
Curry
Howard
Melo

^ Superstars

pastis
07-07-2015, 03:32 PM
Superstars are franchise players. the end.

so that reduces the superstars right now to lebron, durant, davis, harden, curry

not even sure about curry, due to his overall well balanced team. its hard to distinguish a franchise player there

same goes for aldridge or griffin

scandisk_
07-07-2015, 03:37 PM
don't

1. Harden

2. Dwight

3. Lebron

4. Rondo

5. Melo

want

1. AD

2. Kyrie

3. Gawdbe, soon wiggins

RidonKs
07-07-2015, 06:33 PM
Westbrook has the best mentality of the 5 IMO.

What's the reasoning behind those rankings? Give us the details man!
lol i'm just full of shit, details take too long and nobody reads them

though by mentality, i mean like overall attitude or demeanor. that's why i give griff the highest rating. and while cuz has shown immaturity, i have a feeling he will be far more relaxed a few seasons from now. he knows how good he is and will not have as much to prove as smaller chuckers like wb and lillard or whoever else.

westbrook and harden are like polar opposites in terms of mentality btw. kinda funny they used to be teammates and now they are rivals.

RidonKs
07-07-2015, 06:34 PM
Superstars are franchise players. the end.

so that reduces the superstars right now to lebron, durant, davis, harden, curry

not even sure about curry, due to his overall well balanced team. its hard to distinguish a franchise player there

same goes for aldridge or griffin
this is bullshit

you wanna go into tiers, there is no way you can include harden and curry alongside the other three. harden is hardly better than westbrook, curry is hardly better than paul. hell with durant missing all that time, i'm not even sure he belongs. lebron is in a space of his own. maybe you wanna create a new 'megastar' category?