PDA

View Full Version : nobody in the nba is truly great. everyone has a major flaw or many flaws

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 06:11 PM
durant is passive, hurt a lot, doesn't care, negative, no heart

lebrons old, slow, weak, injured, inconsistent, passive, lazy

giannis is raw, basic, predictable, limited

curry is small, unathletic, a front runner, shaky under pressure

jokic is slow, unathletic, shrinks in the playoffs

luka is slow, can't play defense, can't manufacture points, can't hit free throws

harden can't play with the new rules or in a playoff style with increased defensive pressure

kawhi is always hurt. can't lead a team. needs a guy like lowry to be the heart and soul. just looks like he doesn't care

paul George and Chris paul always choke

I just don't trust anyone to lead a team to a title anymore. I feel like whoever wins it will be by default cause the other guys deficiencies just outweighed the winners deficiencies

i bought rookie cards of lebron, luka, giannis, Durant and many others in an attempt to enjoy watching the regular season again and all I'm seeing is a bunch of guys that don't deserve my investment

lamelo ball is the only guy I'm truly excited to see. this leagues just straight trash

zion doesn't care and got fat. ja morants raw as hell, trae young is fools gold in a midget frame. where are the next all time greats. where is the next kobe/MJ

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 06:15 PM
kobe was in the gym at 4am every day working on every aspect of his game. why don't guys follow his lead and put in the work to become a complete polished player on both ends anymore. why is every single player just settling with their pudgy frame or their raw talent or the major holes in their game

why is everyone so comfortably average or one dimensional or flawed

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 06:36 PM
Duncan could do everything great as a big man

garnett could do everything well and some things great

tmac could do everything well and some things great

where are the fundamentally complete ultra talented players with heart.

why does this league have such putrid garbage representing it

Kblaze8855
12-05-2021, 06:38 PM
Explain how Luka can’t manufacture points. I don’t expect a satisfactory answer based on your history but I’ll read it.

Full Court
12-05-2021, 06:38 PM
Of course everyone has flaws. There are also plenty of players who are great. If you're looking for perfection, your standard is too high and you should just stop watching the game.

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 06:48 PM
Explain how Luka can’t manufacture points. I don’t expect a satisfactory answer based on your history but I’ll read it.

he can't draw fouls or drive anymore with the new rules unless it's a really small guy on him. I've been watching every game and he's settling for bad shots way more than the last few years. all he takes is a fade away step back three or a running floater or back down fade. he's not getting to the line as much and when he does he bricks them. I paid like 7 grand for his rookie and it's already lost 2 grand in value in a few months. I'm losing faith in this guy. he's fatter and weaker. the slightest contact injures him every other play and he looks like he's about to break any moment

he's so dependent on streak shooting and his confidence is shaken pretty easily. he doesn't play aggressive enough. his defensive effort is non existent. and when he is actually hitting his shot he isn't aggressive enough. his playmaking relies on the same pick and roll pass for a 3 every single time. it's so predictable and now guys are just cutting him off and rotating to shooters or leaving guys open cause the mavs are so damn inconsistent. when theyre on theyre unbeatable bit theyre rarely on.

its just a completely flawed offensive system. he should be in the post backing guys down and hitting cutters for layups or free throws. he always wants to set up guys for threes. in the old rules he was great but now he's just kind of in the way and they almost seem better as a team when he plays off the ball and Brunson runs point. they should just go to him late in the clock on dump it into him in the post. this lebrons style ball pounding shit is obsolete

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 06:48 PM
Of course everyone has flaws. There are also plenty of players who are great. If you're looking for perfection, your standard is too high and you should just stop watching the game.

there's a difference between flaws and major flaws that they won't even try working on to fix. like God damn some people just need to stop eating cheese burgers and they won't even do that

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 06:54 PM
Lukas a streak shooter and he doesn't even string together shots or rarely does. like how the hell are you gonna get a rhythm shooting once and passing the next 5 plays

hes f*cking stupid

Hey Yo
12-05-2021, 06:55 PM
Kobe .....in the gym working out while wearing a full body cast for his 162 alleged injuries???

How does that work?

Phoenix
12-05-2021, 06:56 PM
In a rare twist of fate, I actually kinda agree a wee bit with OP( it makes me cheap and dirty). But not really in sense of 'everyone is flawed' because you can point out flaws in the players of every era. But as of today, I'm not sure who the next torchbearer is. Like, who's that polarizing force that draws national attention in the way Kobe and Lebron did? Steph seems like the current 'face' of the league if getting road MVP chants is anything to go by, but he's 34 on his next birthday. Who's that 25 year old guy right now where you're like, THAT's the guy that's going to carry the league for the next decade. Ja? Luka? Zion( kinda off that hype train for the moment)? Who's 'that' guy going forward?

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-05-2021, 06:56 PM
Lowry has 1 single all nba selection in his entire career. Raptors were terrible with him on the court last season. Miami heat doesn't win with Lowry this season when butler is out.

Kobe had goat players like shaq, curry had durant, LeBron had wade. If all you can name is a fat midget version of draymond green role player guy named Kyle Lowry, I will take that.

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 06:58 PM
Lowry has 1 single all nba selection in his entire career. Raptors were terrible with him on the court last season. Miami heat doesn't win with Lowry this season when butler is out.

Kobe had goat players like shaq, curry had durant, LeBron had wade. If all you can name is a fat midget version of draymond green role player guy named Kyle Lowry, I will take that.

hes a leader. kawhi isnt

its not about being more skilled. kawhi has Durant syndrome. he's uninspiring and complacent. their teammates don't look to them to carry the team vocally or emotionally

999Guy
12-05-2021, 07:02 PM
Endgame of the sports media era that birthed 1,000,000,000 retarded fans.

Everyone sucks. Except who OP? Kobe and Jordan right? Those flawless guys? Dolt.

Phoenix
12-05-2021, 07:03 PM

Well done HBK. You've managed 39 posts on this alt without getting banned......again.

Mask the Embiid
12-05-2021, 07:05 PM
Embiid is perfect

Great offense
Great defense
can play the over power game or finnese game
good at flopping when its allowed good at playing when its banned
great ft shooter
athletic
perfect height
never passive
goes on rampages in the playoffs example averaging 30 & 13 vs the celtics who "own him"
dominant from the mid
dominant from the post
dominant as a roller
dominant as a popper
dominant guarding the pnr
dominant when switched off on a guard
he's an alpha
a good leader that will chew ur ass out when you do something wrong

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 07:09 PM
Endgame of the sports media era that birthed 1,000,000,000 retarded fans.

Everyone sucks. Except who OP? Kobe and Jordan right? Those flawless guys? Dolt.

I literally just listed Duncan, garnett and tmac as other kobe/jordan type complete fundamental players with all the tricks in the book, in shape and confident, hard working etc...

Hakeems another

birds another workhorse with all the skills in the book and confidence, pride, clutch, killer mentality, gave it 100% every game

those kinds of players are dead and gone cause today's athletes are spoiled from the start and have everything handed to them

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 07:11 PM
Embiid is perfect

Great offense
Great defense
can play the over power game or finnese game
good at flopping when its allowed good at playing when its banned
great ft shooter
athletic
perfect height
never passive
goes on rampages in the playoffs example averaging 30 & 13 vs the celtics who "own him"
dominant from the mid
dominant from the post
dominant as a roller
dominant as a popper
dominant guarding the pnr
dominant when switched off on a guard
he's an alpha
a good leader that will chew ur ass out when you do something wrong

ummmmmm

hes always hurt or resting. he's emotional as **** in a negative way. he's a bad teammate and throws others under the bus. he's uninspiring, doesn't work hard. settles too much. underachieves, chokes

he's extremely flawed and one of the least reliable players in the league

he's super talented and that's where it ends

999Guy
12-05-2021, 07:11 PM
You’re never gonna feel you’re seeing a “truly great” player again, because you’ll be taught by the media to look at players in absurdly retarded colored glasses before their careers even begin.

Like who the hell actually told you Jokic shrinks in the playoffs? Why would you ever say something and retarded and unprovable as that?

Unless someone comes in playing as well and (the key part) LIKE guys you have been trained to suck off(Kobe, Jordan), with the same contrived demeanor(I mean Kobe pretty much copied the man), you won’t like them.

You only add in Tmac, Duncan, and Garnett because they were in the same era and placed beneath those guys in relevance. Those guys pretty much only existed prop up these chuckers careers by comparison. Like literal characters in a story.

All horseshit.

And then he says Chris Paul chokes...ugh. Generic dummyZ

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 07:23 PM
You’re never gonna feel you’re seeing a “truly great” player again, because you’ll be taught by the media to look at players in absurdly retarded colored glasses before their careers even begin.

Like who the hell actually told you Jokic shrinks in the playoffs? Why would you ever say something and retarded and unprovable as that?

Unless someone comes in playing as well and (the key part) LIKE guys you have been trained to suck off(Kobe, Jordan), with the same contrived demeanor(I mean Kobe pretty much copied the man), you won’t like them.

You only add in Tmac, Duncan, and Garnett because they were in the same era and placed beneath those guys in relevance. Those guys pretty much only existed prop up these chuckers careers by comparison. Like literal characters in a story.

All horseshit.

And then he says Chris Paul chokes...ugh. Generic dummyZ

jokic vs sun's in last years playoffs=

25ppg, 5apg, 47%fgs, 27%threes, 68%fts

swept... yeah how is that shrinking. the guy had all time great efficiency and then he turns into westbrick

and who argues that Chris Paul's not a choker. wtf I thought his picture was in the dictionary next to it

Axe
12-05-2021, 07:43 PM

Lowry is already 35 y/o. Just how stupid are you? Lol.

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-05-2021, 08:06 PM
Lowry is already 35 y/o. Just how stupid are you? Lol.

So just another guy on his last legs that kawhi won a title with. Just add it to the list

- Gasol
- Manu
- Duncan
- Parker
- Lowry
- Siakam actually never had any legs to begin with

While Kobe gets 27 year old Shaq :roll: :roll:

expansionera
12-05-2021, 08:12 PM
Hakeem, Duncan, Russell, Magic, Moses Malone, Julius Erving, Lebron James, Bird were all flawless players in their prime.

Axe
12-05-2021, 08:21 PM
So just another guy on his last legs that kawhi won a title with. Just add it to the list

- Gasol
- Manu
- Duncan
- Parker
- Lowry
- Siakam actually never had any legs to begin with

While Kobe gets 27 year old Shaq :roll: :roll:
And all of them have won 50+ games at least once in the rs with their respective teams too unlike your hero :oldlol:

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 08:50 PM
Hakeem, Duncan, Russell, Magic, Moses Malone, Julius Erving, Lebron James, Bird were all flawless players in their prime.

Hakeem yes like I said

Duncan yes like I said

Russell no wtf lol.. he was very limited offensively

magic no.. he was absolute shit on defense and had no outside shot till way later in his career. he was also a choker at times. hence the tragic Johnson nickname. and if not for a phantom call on laimbeer hes 4 for 9 in nbaa finals

Moses.. maybe for a short time

Dr J was dog shit outside of 10 feet

lebron is insanely flawed. no mid range. no foot work. no free throw, he was a beta male for half his career. a horrible off the ball. horrible at on ball defense for much of his career. flops, travels, charges on every other possession. needs to be wide open to shoot outside. passes up every difficult shot. only takes clutch shots when it's against an easy team or it's tied or he's wide open. passes up every big 1 on 1 battle. gets soft picked off guys voluntarily. mental midget. so many flaws. he's just physically dominant with good court vision but his offensive ball pounding system hurts his teams more than it helps cause it stagnates and hurts his star teammates

and I already said bird

Phoenix
12-05-2021, 08:53 PM
Russell no wtf lol.. he was very limited offensively

What would being a better scorer have done for Russell? Won him 13 rings in 13 years instead of a shitty 11?

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 09:10 PM
What would being a better scorer have done for Russell? Won him 13 rings in 13 years instead of a shitty 11?

I didn't say he sucked or didn't have the greatest dynasty ever.

he was a great fit for the dream team 60s Celtics. his defense, rebounding and playmaking were probably the most valuable single contribution to at least 6 or 7 of their titles and hes a top 3 legend most likely career wise

all that being said.. he was nowhere near a complete polished basketball player

Johnny32
12-05-2021, 09:11 PM
kobe was in the gym at 4am every day working on every aspect of his game. why don't guys follow his lead and put in the work to become a complete polished player on both ends anymore. why is every single player just settling with their pudgy frame or their raw talent or the major holes in their game

why is everyone so comfortably average or one dimensional or flawed

lebron, kd, giannis, and curry are all better than kobe. healthy kawhi too. luka probably will be too. sry.

TheCorporation
12-05-2021, 09:14 PM

:lol

Russell's weakness was winning too many rings

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 09:17 PM
lebron, kd, giannis, and curry are all better than kobe. healthy kawhi too. luka probably will be too. sry.

well at least you apologized right away for that shit post

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 09:19 PM

Russell's weakness was winning too many rings

no his weakness was scoring but he had 7 other hall of fame teammates at a time to make up for it

still a top 3 career and defensive legend though

Phoenix
12-05-2021, 09:21 PM
I didn't say he sucked or didn't have the greatest dynasty ever.

he was a great fit for the dream team 60s Celtics. his defense, rebounding and playmaking were probably the most valuable single contribution to at least 6 or 7 of their titles and hes a top 3 legend most likely career wise

all that being said.. he was nowhere near a complete polished basketball player

What ultimately matters is the results he achieved in the context he played in. Critiquing his lack of offensive ability might mean something if it kept him from winning chips instead of...ya know....11 out of the 13 years he played. Like what do you want? Him to dominate the competition MORE?

ShawkFactory
12-05-2021, 09:23 PM
What ultimately matters is the results he achieved in the context he played in. Critiquing his lack of offensive ability might mean nothing if it kept him from winning chips instead of...ya know....11 out of the 13 years he played. Like what do you want? Him to dominate the competition MORE?

Also won 2 titles in college with San Fransisco. Clearly his game worked.

Phoenix
12-05-2021, 09:23 PM
Also won 2 titles in college with San Fransisco. Clearly his game worked.

Lol, I'm saying....

Johnny32
12-05-2021, 09:24 PM
you do realize in 5 years kobe will be borderline top 15 all time right? lebron's already ahead. kd, curry, and giannis are next. there's nothing you can do about it.

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 10:14 PM
What ultimately matters is the results he achieved in the context he played in. Critiquing his lack of offensive ability might mean something if it kept him from winning chips instead of...ya know....11 out of the 13 years he played. Like what do you want? Him to dominate the competition MORE?

there's only one problem with your argument.. this topic..... is.... about... complete... polished... basketball....players

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 10:18 PM
you do realize in 5 years kobe will be borderline top 15 all time right? lebron's already ahead. kd, curry, and giannis are next. there's nothing you can do about it.

you can keep saying this but it doesn't make it true. reality is fact and this is reality

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499714-Revisited-factual-evidence-insidehoops-is-a-message-board-for-retards

FKAri
12-05-2021, 10:55 PM
Exactly. It's just a bunch of kids playing basketball. Imagine paying to watch OTHER people play basketball. Buncha dweebs.

Johnny32
12-05-2021, 10:58 PM
you can keep saying this but it doesn't make it true. reality is fact and this is reality

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499714-Revisited-factual-evidence-insidehoops-is-a-message-board-for-retards

#1 - Michael Jordan
#2 - Lebron James
#3 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
#4 - Bill Russell
#5 - Wilt Chamberlain
#6 - Magic Johnson
#7 - Shaquille O'Neal
#8 - Tim Duncan
#9 - Larry Bird
#10 - Hakeem Olajuwon
#11 - Kobe Bryant

looks fairy accurate. you add kd, curry, and giannis and kobe is 15th. good post.

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 11:00 PM
#1 - Michael Jordan
#2 - Lebron James
#3 - Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
#4 - Bill Russell
#5 - Wilt Chamberlain
#6 - Magic Johnson
#7 - Shaquille O'Neal
#8 - Tim Duncan
#9 - Larry Bird
#10 - Hakeem Olajuwon
#11 - Kobe Bryant

looks fairy accurate. you add kd, curry, and giannis and kobe is 15th. good post.

except not one single player, coach, legend has ever separated kobe and lebron 10 spots. it's literally never once happened.

your 15 person voted message board list doesn't matter. how many kobe fans post here? me.. who else

if I started a forum and had 15 to 20 kobe fans vote for a list lebron would be 10th or 11th and kobe would be 1st or 2nd

Johnny32
12-05-2021, 11:04 PM
except not one single player, coach, legend has ever separated kobe and lebron 10 spots. it's literally never once happened.

your 15 person voted message board list doesn't matter. how many kobe fans post here? me.. who else

if I started a forum and had 15 to 20 kobe fans vote for a list lebron would be 10th and kobe would be 1st or 2nd

100+ nba experts ranked kobe 12th all time.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/page/nbarank160205/all-nbarank-11-15

are they kobe haters too?

Johnny32
12-05-2021, 11:07 PM
kobe has 1 mvp and two championships as the best player on his team own team. players can respect how he played the game but basketball historians like myself know his resume is lacking. simple as that.

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 11:11 PM
kobe has 1 mvp and two championships as the best player on his team own team. players can respect how he played the game but basketball historians like myself know his resume is lacking. simple as that.

kobe has respect and worship. that goes a lot further than Chris Broussard or ernie johnson voting an imaginary award for him. if Durant wins 2 more titles he could very well end up as another 1 time mvp winner in the top 5 or 6 all time. the media doesn't dictate all time rankings. majority opinion of fans/players does.

sorry but inside hoops and realgm don't have any say in this. neither does Henry Abbott

....retard

Johnny32
12-05-2021, 11:14 PM
kobe has respect and worship. that goes a lot further than Chris Broussard or ernie johnson voting an imaginary award for him. if Durant wins 2 more titles he could very well end up as another 1 time mvp winner in the top 5 or 6 all time. the media doesn't dictate all time rankings. majority opinion of fans/players does.

sorry but inside hoops and realgm don't have any say in this. neither does Henry Abbott

....retard

it appears they do...hence the link you're terrified to click on. it's a nice picture of kobe with #12 above it. worship away.

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 11:22 PM
it appears they do...hence the link you're terrified to click on. it's a nice picture of kobe with #12 above it. worship away.

1. they since released another list with kobe 9th I think

2. Henry Abbott was fired soon after making that list. he was the head of espns "expert" panel

3. who are these "experts"

4. most of espns writers were since fired after they list like 100k subscribers

5. writers are more journalists than sports experts. they just like sports. they major in writing. not basketball. most never played or coached

6. Paul pierce exposed espn for their lebron agenda and said they made him hype up lebron every single time and would even tell him what to say. it's a script. it's wwe

7. you're a retard... the fact that you're clinging to a 2016 list that was literally made at a time when kobe was at the lowest point in his career means you're petty and weak

8. kobe is looked at as a top 5 player all time by players and fans and that just eats you up inside

Johnny32
12-05-2021, 11:26 PM
1. they since released another list with kobe 9th I think

2. Henry Abbott was fired soon after making that list. he was the head of espns "expert" panel

3. who are these "experts"

4. most of espns writers were since fired after they list like 100k subscribers

5. writers are more journalists than sports experts. they just like sports. they major in writing. not basketball. most never played or coached

6. Paul pierce exposed espn for their lebron agenda and said they made him hype up lebron every single time and would even tell him what to say. it's a script. it's wwe

7. you're a retard... the fact that you're clinging to a 2016 list that was literally made at a time when kobe was at the lowest point in his career means you're petty and weak

8. kobe is looked at as a top 5 player all time by players and fans and that just eats you up inside

link to this imaginary updated listed where kobe's 9th? was it after he died in a helicopter crash and people felt bad?

Johnny32
12-05-2021, 11:31 PM
i found the new list. it's dated may 13th, 2020. so 4 months after kobe burned to death in a helicopter crash and all they could manage to do was bump him two spots. that's kind of embarrassing honestly.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29105801/ranking-top-74-nba-players-all-nos-10-1

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 11:35 PM
i found the new list. it's dated may 13th, 2020. so 4 months after kobe burned to death in a helicopter crash and all they could manage to do was bump him two spots. that's kind of embarrassing honestly.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/29105801/ranking-top-74-nba-players-all-nos-10-1

paul pierce exposed the media. sorry.. and even before that nobody respected them.

its no different than fox News and CNN

theyre the same type of people that robbed kobe, Shaq and Durant of multiple mvps

they have their favorites and their villains. Kobe was a rapist and rubbed the media the wrong way. why would they give him the respect he gets from players and fans.

youl never win. you're literally worshipping a Don lemon chris cuomo type opinion on something.

Johnny32
12-05-2021, 11:38 PM
lol you're clinging to pp...a known lebron hater who was fired by espn. almost as embarrassing as kobe's all time rank.

HunterSThompson
12-05-2021, 11:43 PM
lol you're clinging to pp...a known lebron hater who was fired by espn. almost as embarrassing as kobe's all time rank.

I've literally seen a first take episode where a guy said "im not saying that" when the producer told him in his ear piece to hype up a guy in the best player discussion and he said "im gonna keep it real. he's nice but he ain't that guy yet"

they script all that shit. they hire guys to hype up a product and lebron was the product since kobes rape trial

ELITEpower23
12-06-2021, 01:23 AM
I've literally seen a first take episode where a guy said "im not saying that" when the producer told him in his ear piece to hype up a guy in the best player discussion and he said "im gonna keep it real. he's nice but he ain't that guy yet"

they script all that shit. they hire guys to hype up a product and lebron was the product since kobes rape trial

Do you think LeBron doubling Kobe's FMVPs and outscoring every playoff player to ever live also might've contributed to him being "hyped up?"

Phoenix
12-06-2021, 04:53 AM
there's only one problem with your argument.. this topic..... is.... about... complete... polished... basketball....players

Bill Russell is the greatest winner in the history of basketball. Whatever flaws he had as a player are irrelevant when you're winning at that level. Now if you want to pick at other players and say that's why their careers didnt turn out better, have fun. Russell literally could not have had a better career unless he won 13 chips instead of 11.

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-06-2021, 05:48 AM
]Bill Russell is the greatest winner in the history of basketball.[/B] Whatever flaws he had as a player are irrelevant when you're winning at that level. Now if you want to pick at other players and say that's why their careers didnt turn out better, have fun. Russell literally could not have had a better career unless he won 13 chips instead of 11.

I took the liberties of correcting you on the first sentence. Kawhi leonard would be the greatest winner in nba history as long as he stays on his current pace for another 5-6 years.

Kawhi is in a much better and more difficult era than bill Russell with about 25 more teams. Kawhi is also the winningest player in nba history by combined reg season and playoffs win %

On top of that kawhi beat 2 players in the finals in curry and LeBron who are better then any 2 players that Russell beat in finals.

Kawhi in 2016 also led the spurs to a 40-1 home record which was the greatest ever for a single season

Phoenix
12-06-2021, 05:54 AM
I took the liberties of correcting you on the first sentence. Kawhi leonard would be the greatest winner in nba history as long as he stays on his current pace for another 5-6 years.

Kawhi is in a much better and more difficult era than bill Russell with about 25 more teams. Kawhi is also the winningest player in nba history by combined reg season and playoffs win %

On top of that kawhi beat 2 players in the finals in curry and LeBron who are better then any 2 players that Russell beat in finals.

Kawhi in 2016 also led the spurs to a 40-1 home record which was the greatest ever for a single season

Shut the fukk up HBK.

Taurus
12-06-2021, 06:26 AM
Some of the posters on this forum (such as OP) have to be bots. I refuse to believe any functional member of society can dedicate this much time and effort to all this

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 08:03 AM
Do you think LeBron doubling Kobe's FMVPs and outscoring every playoff player to ever live also might've contributed to him being "hyped up?"

the media replaced kobe with lebron 12 years before he passed him in finals mvps with bogus championships from ring chasing you f*cking clown lol

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 08:06 AM
Bill Russell is the greatest winner in the history of basketball. Whatever flaws he had as a player are irrelevant when you're winning at that level. Now if you want to pick at other players and say that's why their careers didnt turn out better, have fun. Russell literally could not have had a better career unless he won 13 chips instead of 11.

yeah bit he needed more help cause he wasn't a complete player. if Bill just had 1 or 2 legends beside him there is no Celtics dynasty and other teams take like 7 or 8 of bills 11 titles

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 08:07 AM
Some of the posters on this forum (such as OP) have to be bots. I refuse to believe any functional member of society can dedicate this much time and effort to all this

I'm not a functioning member of society. I've been retired for a decade

Phoenix
12-06-2021, 11:47 AM
yeah bit he needed more help cause he wasn't a complete player. if Bill just had 1 or 2 legends beside him there is no Celtics dynasty and other teams take like 7 or 8 of bills 11 titles

The flipside to that is if his 'help' played elsewhere they probably arent winning rings unless they're playing with Wilt.

Johnny32
12-06-2021, 12:04 PM

first take is a tv show. no shit it's scripted.

Hey Yo
12-06-2021, 12:04 PM
the media replaced kobe with lebron 12 years before he passed him in finals mvps with bogus championships from ring chasing you f*cking clown lol

Kobe was ring chasing on draft day.

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 12:36 PM
The flipside to that is if his 'help' played elsewhere they probably arent winning rings unless they're playing with Wilt.

ever heard of Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, elgin Baylor, Bob Pettit, Rick Barry

pretty sure they would have won more titles with all 7 or 8 of Russell's hall of fame sidekicks on their squads instead

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 12:37 PM
first take is a tv show. no shit it's scripted.

exactly. they have an agenda. same as any article. so their opinions arent valid

its about getting clicks/traffic/ratings and they know vaulting lebron to 1st or 2nd and dropping kobe to 12 or 14th will generate a shit ton

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 12:41 PM
Kobe was ring chasing on draft day.

I've already debunked this 1000 times with you. not interested in it anymore. move on. Kobe got there first with just a young Eddie and nick on the squad. if he was ring chasing he asks to go to the bulls, sonics, jazz, Pacers, heat, Knicks, Spurs etc... not the f*cking Lakers lol. they were a joke at the time and in rebuild mode

FilmyCogTurner
12-06-2021, 12:47 PM
I'm somewhere in the middle with your post. We do have a league where it seems every star player is deficient in something, whether it be skill based or cerebral however as much as I long for the total package player it is somewhat nice to not have the playoffs and winner predetermined.

With the Mavs/Luka I think the biggest problem right now is the lack of personnel on the roster. Those bad shots are a product of no offensive scheme other than running Luka ball which is the bigger problem. But again, they have to run this system because they don't have the horses to run anything else.

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 12:54 PM
I'm somewhere in the middle with your post. We do have a league where it seems every star player is deficient in something, whether it be skill based or cerebral however as much as I long for the total package player it is somewhat nice to not have the playoffs and winner predetermined.

With the Mavs/Luka I think the biggest problem right now is the lack of personnel on the roster. Those bad shots are a product of no offensive scheme other than running Luka ball which is the bigger problem. But again, they have to run this system because they don't have the horses to run anything else.

I actually get sick of watching Lukas sloth like bran ball offense. it's boring as ****. he gets guys open threes but it's so damn repetitive and predictable I just wanna skip to the 4th quarter. there's no exciting plays. they need Brunson to push the offense. this slow ass walking up the court shit is just too much. they never push he tempo even once unless it's the 2nd unit

Hey Yo
12-06-2021, 01:00 PM
I've already debunked this 1000 times with you. not interested in it anymore. move on. Kobe got there first with just a young Eddie and nick on the squad. if he was ring chasing he asks to go to the bulls, sonics, jazz, Pacers, heat, Knicks, Spurs etc... not the f*cking Lakers lol. they were a joke at the time and in rebuild mode

Who was considered the 2nd most successful franchise in NBA history at that time?

They were a contending 4th seed the season prior.

FilmyCogTurner
12-06-2021, 01:01 PM
I actually get sick of watching Lukas sloth like bran ball offense. it's boring as ****. he gets guys open threes but it's so damn repetitive and predictable I just wanna skip to the 4th quarter. there's no exciting plays. they need Brunson to push the offense. this slow ass walking up the court shit is just too much. they never push he tempo even once unless it's the 2nd unit

I agree with this. Sadly this is modern day basketball all over. Spam pick n roll, drive and kick to the open man, defense rotates, swing pass, corner three.

Phoenix
12-06-2021, 02:15 PM
ever heard of Oscar Robertson, Jerry West, elgin Baylor, Bob Pettit, Rick Barry

pretty sure they would have won more titles with all 7 or 8 of Russell's hall of fame sidekicks on their squads instead

Well for one, half of those sidekicks are probably HOF BECAUSE of playing with Russell and the number of championships won. But speculating what those same players 'could' win with the players you list isn't really worth arguing about. Russell was as dominant defensively as they were offensively. I can understand a Kobe nut looking at their PPG and reaching your conclusions.

Johnny32
12-06-2021, 02:19 PM
exactly. they have an agenda. same as any article. so their opinions arent valid

its about getting clicks/traffic/ratings and they know vaulting lebron to 1st or 2nd and dropping kobe to 12 or 14th will generate a shit ton

lol your argument is embarrassingly dumb and reeks of desperation.

Phoenix
12-06-2021, 02:19 PM
Also, why has this now become a Kobe thread?

*looks at OP*

Oh, that's why.

Johnny32
12-06-2021, 02:22 PM
I agree with this. Sadly this is modern day basketball all over. Spam pick n roll, drive and kick to the open man, defense rotates, swing pass, corner three.

what style of basketball do you prefer? isolation basketball with 4 players watching? barkley backing down the defender for 10 seconds?

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 03:12 PM
what style of basketball do you prefer? isolation basketball with 4 players watching? barkley backing down the defender for 10 seconds?

what's wrong with a dynamic offense with fast breaks off rebounds. half court sets after scores. motion offense. off ball movement. passing. cuts. post playmaking. inside out with wing playmakers on the high post. calling special plays.

it doesn't have the be the same shit every single time with one guy averaging 30 points and 10 assists dominating the ball the entire game

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 03:19 PM
lol your argument is embarrassingly dumb and reeks of desperation.

so you honestly think tv shows and websites don't mainly focus on stories that get ratings, clicks

you think it's just a coincidence that all they talk about is lebron and the Lakers, brady and the bucs, the cowboys, mahomes and ignore everything hockey even though ovechkin is about to break the all time goals record and baseball even though ohtani is doing something that hasn't been done in 100 years.

you honestly think they're just ignoring the Raptors scottie Barnes who is in the lead for rookie of the year to instead talk about lebron vs MJ for the 10,000th time because that's a more compelling story and not just appealing to what people like

k seriously. who's alt is this. I'm just gonna assume it's lakers1987. you're on ignore too

go make another one racoon boy

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 03:27 PM
https://i.ibb.co/vjGfYsd/Screenshot-20211206-142459-Gallery.jpg

how embarrassing

TheCorporation
12-06-2021, 03:30 PM
Has anyone ever wondered what an out-of-shape, thin lipped, Limp Bizkit would look like? Say no more:

https://i.postimg.cc/L5Zvtk5Z/kenenth_griffin.png

TheCorporation
12-06-2021, 03:31 PM

how embarrassing

Yikes, this is the true sign of a snowflake. So now you're too scared to speak with someone when it's much easier to silence those that disagree, right snowflake?

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 03:42 PM
Yikes, this is the true sign of a snowflake. So now you're too scared to speak with someone when it's much easier to silence those that disagree, right snowflake?

I figure this place will be infinitely more enjoyable if I just put the absolute most repetitive people on ignore.

I try to create new topics and the same idiots derail everything into an attack on kobe. then it turns into the same back and forth for 7 pages that's gone on for 15 years

this is mental illness. I gotta move on fellas. talk about different shit

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 03:44 PM
Has anyone ever wondered what an out-of-shape, thin lipped, Limp Bizkit would look like? Say no more:

https://i.postimg.cc/L5Zvtk5Z/kenenth_griffin.png

wait so the racoon boy is Steve? only that lakers1987 guy obsessed over my lips

that pic did sorta look kinda Jewish now that I think about it.

and the ages line up too

jesus is every poster here Steve. even 8ball is him lmao

12-06-2021, 03:46 PM
Kobe's major flaw was choking in the Finals and in elimination games and with a 3-1 lead

12-06-2021, 03:48 PM

how embarrassing
Jesus

Cringe commie liberals like you are destroying free speech in this beautiful country

People can't even have opinions anymore, SMH:facepalm

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 03:49 PM
Kobe's major flaw was choking in the Finals and in elimination games and with a 3-1 lead

kobes flaw was playing hurt and during an era where refs barely called anything so everyone shot worse in the finals on the perimeter?

I dont think that's a flaw. it's just how finals are. they were more grind it out physical battles before the banana boat era

even Jordan's last 3 finals had lower efficiency cause he shot more outside

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 03:50 PM
Jesus

Cringe commie liberals like you are destroying free speech in this beautiful country

People can't even have opinions anymore, SMH:facepalm

he can make a new account and straighten up his act any time. I'm not a mod. I didn't IP ban him. we just have to punish idiocy or this place will never improve

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 03:54 PM
lakers1987 is around 30 and a midget jew

I remember when I started here in 2007 or so steve/Simon wheels was around 15 and also a midget jew

TheCorporation
12-06-2021, 03:55 PM
wait so the racoon boy is Steve? only that lakers1987 guy obsessed over my lips

that pic did sorta look kinda Jewish now that I think about it.

and the ages line up too

jesus is every poster here Steve. even 8ball is him lmao

https://i.postimg.cc/W39y6k1T/kenny-kirby-griffin.png

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 03:59 PM
so all those polls are voted on by your 20 alts and like 3 or 4 other real people. this place is weird. how are you not 500 pounds. you must never leave your house lol

does Jeff or kblaze/rmwg know about this shit

TheCorporation
12-06-2021, 04:03 PM
so all those polls are voted on by your 20 alts and like 3 or 4 other real people. this place is weird. how are you not 500 pounds. you must never leave your house lol

does Jeff or kblaze/rmwg know about this shit

https://i.postimg.cc/qB6fX1yF/kirby-6-for-24.png

BTW if I had 20 alts how would Kobe ever get top 11 instead of 12? Think clown :lol

HunterSThompson
12-06-2021, 04:34 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/qB6fX1yF/kirby-6-for-24.png

BTW if I had 20 alts how would Kobe ever get top 11 instead of 12? Think clown :lol

cause I said I was gonna make alts and vote for anyone but kobe and ruin the list and was voting Moses Malone every time. then people said f*ck it just vote him in

Johnny32
12-06-2021, 04:41 PM
the only other account i've had here is vegasfraud @ griff.

Hey Yo
12-06-2021, 04:55 PM
https://i.postimg.cc/W39y6k1T/kenny-kirby-griffin.png

:roll:

John_Connor
12-06-2021, 05:10 PM
the only other account i've had here is vegasfraud @ griff.

go back to gamefags or jewgeneral