PDA

View Full Version : Paul George is an extremely aesthetic player.

bison
12-07-2021, 01:57 AM
He’s a pleasure to watch. Seen him do post up fadeaways, smooth and slow heavy crossovers, dunks and hits 3s. Just a beautiful man to watch. One of the smoothest dudes in the game and always a low key MVP guy.

ralph_i_el
12-07-2021, 08:02 AM
He's so good at squaring up in midair on pull up J's.

HylianNightmare
12-07-2021, 08:09 AM
Been a huge fan since Indiana, I could watch dude just shoot in a gym for hourd

Rick Bottom
12-07-2021, 10:30 AM
he's got the personality of a moldy shoe, and his game is essentially the same

expansionera
12-07-2021, 10:34 AM
he's got the personality of a moldy shoe, and his game is essentially the same

Who cares if an athlete has an interesting personality? I mean it may produce a funny clip or two if a guy is particularly ghetto or lazy (Iverson, Westbrook) but do you guys really find the constant clips of Giannis pretending not to know what Oreo cookies endearing?

PP34Deuce
12-07-2021, 10:37 AM
PG13 is like a floor man's Tmac. I think he's better than saying poor man but he's not quite tmac.. he's a very light version of Tmac minus the playmaker passing part.

Phoenix
12-07-2021, 02:12 PM
PG13 is like a floor man's Tmac. I think he's better than saying poor man but he's not quite tmac.. he's a very light version of Tmac minus the playmaker passing part.

That's how I saw him when he first hit the scene. Never reached the best we saw of Tmac but he's sustained his level of play longer( due to Tmac being injured of course, he was more or less done as a elite player by PG13's current age). Pretty similar stylistically/aesthetically.

12-07-2021, 02:44 PM
Who cares if an athlete has an interesting personality? I mean it may produce a funny clip or two if a guy is particularly ghetto or lazy (Iverson, Westbrook) but do you guys really find the constant clips of Giannis pretending not to know what Oreo cookies endearing?
+1

ralph_i_el
12-07-2021, 02:45 PM
T-Mac always seemed to have better court vision and feel for how the floor is arranged. I feel like PG13 sometimes attacks without a plan, because he's some combo of bigger, more athletic, and more skilled than the person in front of him. PG sometimes comes off like a grown man playing against high schoolers, knowing that he can get finesse moves off because the smaller/weaker defenders are going to concede them. I don't know if that's the best way to describe it, but that's the vibe I get.

Airupthere
12-07-2021, 03:30 PM
Which makes him the antithesis of lebron lol

brownmamba00
12-07-2021, 03:53 PM
Tmac's scoring arsenal was miles ahead of PG13. I'm not hatin tho he's ballin out right now.

JohnMax
12-07-2021, 04:04 PM
T Mac has never gotten out of 1st round.

Anyways aesthetics of George's game stands out more this year since Kyrie is out and he had most aesthetically pleasing game in NBA.

bizil
12-07-2021, 04:18 PM
SKILL FOR SKILL two way wise (scoring skillset, handles, defense, passing as a package), PG13 is a top 10 SG OR SF ever! Whatever spot u slot him in. But RESULTS or peak-prime wise in general, he's more of a top 15 type at either slot. If the BEST VERSION of PG13 showed up season after season (like the MJs, Brons,Kobes, Birds, Baylors, KD's Docs, etc), then he could even possibly be a top 10 SG or SF EVER peak-prime wise.

At HIS BEST, he's the closest I've seen to a mix of T Mac and Pip. Offensively, u see the shades of T Mac. BUT not quite as good. Defensively u see the shades of Pippen. BUT not quite as good. Nonetheless skill for skill two way wise among the top 10 SG's or SF's ever! But u have legends NOT as well rounded who were more dominant forces scoring the rock consistently. Like a Nique and Gervin for example. For me, Nique and Ice were true superstar level players for decade. With PG FOR SURE always an All Star. But sprinkled in had some superstar caliber seasons as well.

bizil
12-07-2021, 04:27 PM
T-Mac always seemed to have better court vision and feel for how the floor is arranged. I feel like PG13 sometimes attacks without a plan, because he's some combo of bigger, more athletic, and more skilled than the person in front of him. PG sometimes comes off like a grown man playing against high schoolers, knowing that he can get finesse moves off because the smaller/weaker defenders are going to concede them. I don't know if that's the best way to describe it, but that's the vibe I get.

I agree! T Mac LEGIT could have been a PG FLAT OUT! When he did run the PG FLAT OUT at times for the Magic and Rockets, his vision/feel reminded me of Penny Hardaway. Plus was a bit taller and a freak athlete like Penny was. But he was such a devastating scorer and with that killer instinct he was better off at the SG or SF. Whatever slot u put him in. The only SG's FOR SURE I would take over T Mac peak wise is MJ and Kobe. If u slot T Mac as a SF, the only ones would be Bron, Bird, and KD.

I don't think people realized how REVOLUTIONARY a player T Mac was. At 6'9 damn near, the SG slot had NEVER seen a player that size with that blend of attributes. Even at the SF, the league had never seen a player that size with that blend of attributes. He was a more skilled scorer than Pip and G Hill before him. I also think his defense is underrated as well. Just think he wasn't as durable as MJ and Kobe. Not the defender those two were. BUT a more versatile defender due to his size. Defense was pretty good in his best days.

Bronbron23
12-07-2021, 04:28 PM
He’s a pleasure to watch. Seen him do post up fadeaways, smooth and slow heavy crossovers, dunks and hits 3s. Just a beautiful man to watch. One of the smoothest dudes in the game and always a low key MVP guy.

Yeah it is but sometimes it's to cool man. Kobe was almost just as smooth but he played with a sense of urgency qnd aggression at the same time. Pg plays like he could care less about anything. It's like he just smoked a j qnd he's out there just practicing

PeroAntic
12-07-2021, 04:32 PM
Lavine is more aesthetic. PG is too slow and a poor finisher around the rim.

fsvr54
12-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Lavine is more aesthetic. PG is too slow and a poor finisher around the rim.

No

Thenameless
12-07-2021, 05:01 PM
Very talented but mentally weak. Not my cup of tea.

Phoenix
12-07-2021, 05:03 PM

Anyways aesthetics of George's game stands out more this year since Kyrie is out and he had most aesthetically pleasing game in NBA.

PG13 in the exact same position between 2000 and 2008 isn't either.

ThRRR3tardSatan
12-08-2021, 07:05 AM
Tracy McGrady and Vince Carter were better athletes than Paul George ever was.

If you include defense and 3 point shooting, Paul George is as good as they were. But their athleticism was quite a bit higher than Paul George in my opinion. Offensively because of their athleticism, I'd take both Tracy and Vince over PG offensively every day of the week.

clipps
12-08-2021, 08:57 AM
He probably has a giant schlong.

ClipperRevival
12-10-2021, 12:02 AM
One of the smoothest athletes I have ever seen with MJ, Wade and Drexler. He's really shined as "the man" since last year's playoffs. Good to see him playing up to his potential consistently,

2much_knowledge
12-10-2021, 12:25 AM
If you combine pacers #24 pg with current pg, plays alot like VC before the 2002 injury. Dunks and smoothness, shooting and playmaking and some handles

Micku
12-10-2021, 12:54 AM

Yeah. I think Kyrie is the most aesthetic player I seen in this era.

Without him, I think PG and Demar Derozan, love his footwork. And KD.