PDA

View Full Version : Pacers thinking rebuild and willing to trade everyone you ever heard of.

Kblaze8855
12-07-2021, 09:24 PM
So says Shams:

Sources: The Indiana Pacers are moving toward rebuild, receptive to trade talks centered on Caris LeVert and either Domantas Sabonis or Myles Turner. .

Sabonis feels like a guy you rebuild with but maybe they don’t agree….

PacerRaptor
12-07-2021, 10:06 PM
Sabonis for Wiseman Kaminga and Moody

Axe
12-07-2021, 10:11 PM
Klay thompson

Real Men Wear Green
12-07-2021, 10:18 PM
Cs should be all over Sabonis. Williams Sabonis Tatum Brown and Smart might just be the best starting 5 in the league and they could be kept together for a long time. Yes I know indy should not let Sabonis go without getting Tatum or Brown back but if he isn't part of their rebuilding plan then they may not want players at all so figure out a way to get them 3 future first and proceed to own the present.

Johnny32
12-07-2021, 10:20 PM
if they trade brogdon they're stupid.

PacerRaptor
12-07-2021, 10:21 PM
if they trade brogdon they're stupid.

Brogdon can't be traded this year.

Johnny32
12-07-2021, 10:21 PM
though he is older than i though. dude is 28.

Johnny32
12-07-2021, 10:22 PM
Brogdon can't be traded this year.

oh really. i didn't know that.

Kblaze8855
12-07-2021, 11:08 PM
What’s weird to me is trading young and arguably underpaid guys to rebuild. Sabonis is damn near a superstar, 25 years old, and makes 18-19 million and his deal is 2 more seasons. Turner and Levert expire next year and also make sub 20 million in a league nobodies make 20+ at times. They are at least on decent deals. Turner is like 25 and lead the league in blocks 2-3 times and shoots 40% from 3.

When you don’t want guys like Turner and Sabonis….

What are they rebuilding to avoid? Having to pay someone?

They are already set to be under the cap in a year and way under the salary floor soon after that.

Whats the goal? Get picks and hope to draft someone as good as Sabonis already is?

Was George telling the truth about them being unwilling to spend when he said he had a star big wanting to play with him?

Reggie43
12-07-2021, 11:20 PM
They need to shake things up because chemistry is bad and the guys are just not a good fit with each other. They need actual leadership and the players just dont have it in them despite what some players might say in the media.

Reggie43
12-07-2021, 11:32 PM
Getting a long/athletic wing defender (lol) could probably solve their problems for the meantime as long as they dont give up too much.

Malcolm and Levert needs the ball in their hands(overdribbling) to be effective, making them too redundant so one of them has to go. Same with Turner and Sabonis and their problems defensively against small ball lineups but getting an elite defender at the 3 spot could probably help them out.

Kblaze8855
12-09-2021, 03:33 PM
Turner knows he’s on the block:

. “It’s clear that I’m not valued as anything more than a glorified role player here, and I want something more, more opportunity,” Turner told The Athletic Tuesday. “I’m trying really hard to make the role that I’m given here work and find a way to maximize it. I’ve been trying to the past two, three seasons. But it’s clear to me that, just numbers-wise, I’m not valued as more than a rotational role player, and I hold myself in a higher regard than that.”

expansionera
12-09-2021, 03:34 PM
Cs should be all over Sabonis. Williams Sabonis Tatum Brown and Smart might just be the best starting 5 in the league and they could be kept together for a long time. Yes I know indy should not let Sabonis go without getting Tatum or Brown back but if he isn't part of their rebuilding plan then they may not want players at all so figure out a way to get them 3 future first and proceed to own the present.

Sabonis needs to play center, makes no sense to pair him with another big again same goes for Turner.

Akeem34TheDream
12-09-2021, 04:57 PM
I think Pacers can trade anyone but they won't trade everyone. I think Sabonis will stay.

Reggie43
12-09-2021, 05:08 PM
Turner only has himself to blame for looking like a roleplayer mainly because he is just not agressive enough offensively to score more, always settling for long shots and not taking advantage of his size while never developing the strength and rebounding to be considered a truly elite defender and to be able to guard the better players in the post.

Vino24
12-09-2021, 05:15 PM
Brown can’t even stay on the court. C’s should trade him for sabonis

Lebron23
12-09-2021, 05:27 PM
Turner only has himself to blame for looking like a roleplayer mainly because he is just not agressive enough offensively to score more, always settling for long shots and not taking advantage of his size while never developing the strength and rebounding to be considered a truly elite defender and to be able to guard the better players in the post.

I thought he was going to end up being the next Jermaine O'Neal

Reggie43
12-09-2021, 06:38 PM
I thought he was going to end up being the next Jermaine O'Neal

Wasnt that high on him but I figured he could have atleast developed a go to move by now in the post to take advantage of smaller guys but instead he is content on hovering in the perimeter pretending to be a shooting guard. More than half his shots are threes and basically attempts as much as Miller did per game in his career this season.

Funny thing is Myles is my fave Pacer currently but nobody is blameless on their team in their struggles this season.

Real Men Wear Green
12-09-2021, 08:09 PM
Sabonis needs to play center, makes no sense to pair him with another big again same goes for Turner.

There is no rule against playing two bigs at the same time.

Kblaze8855
12-11-2021, 04:28 PM
Im not gonna keep making Turner and Pacers topics so I’ll just update this one on the minor drama

“I’m no different than any one of y’all in here doing y’all’s job, correct? I would like to think that y’all think that y’all good at y’all jobs or damn good at y’all jobs at that. You don’t want to stay consistent at the same exact thing, going for four, five, six years. Eventually you’re gonna want to move up, whether it be a promotion, whether it be a senior writer or (however) it works out. It’s the same thing, how I addressed it. It’s not like me saying, ‘I’m demanding a trade.’ It’s not like me saying, ‘Get somebody else out here.’ It’s none of that. All that was me saying that I know my worth. I hold myself to a high regard, and I expressed that.”.