PDA

View Full Version : Obi Toppin just did a between the legs dunk in game

PeroAntic
12-08-2021, 09:28 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O-HT4pc6thk

I'd trade Randle and Robinson for KAT and start Toppin at the 4. The kid has fantastic athletic ability, can shoot the three and doesn't shy away from anything.

Johnny32
12-08-2021, 09:30 PM
i mean cool i guess. lebron did that shit in a hs game but good for him.

SATAN
12-08-2021, 09:36 PM
Not impressed tbh. The Knicks were down. Players used to get benched for shit like that.

PeroAntic
12-08-2021, 09:54 PM
Not impressed tbh. The Knicks were down. Players used to get benched for shit like that.

He has audacity thats for certain. If you miss the dunk then sure bench him, but he made it. And its not like it was a big gap in the scoreline, its an even game.

bison
12-08-2021, 09:54 PM
It was a little underwhelming. I mean props to him, but it seemed a little labored, and generally athletic style dunks are less impressive when a guy is 6'9" but that's just me.

imdaman99
12-08-2021, 11:00 PM
He's a bright spot but boy does the Knicks defense suck

warriorfan
12-09-2021, 12:16 AM
If op likes him you know he sucks

Airupthere
12-09-2021, 12:53 AM
Rather robotic like lebron. He can do it, but its ugly basketball.

Real Men Wear Green
12-09-2021, 08:58 AM
I'd trade Randle and Robinson for KAT Minnie wouldn't.

HunterSThompson
12-09-2021, 09:05 AM

way less pressure. hence lebron being shook to ever enter a dunk contest in the nba

PeroAntic
12-09-2021, 09:56 AM
Minnie wouldn't.

If Kat wants out, its as good as a return they can get.

Real Men Wear Green
12-09-2021, 11:01 AM

That isn't known. But if Towns does want out they would have to find out what teams are offering and also think on what direction they want to go in. If they can't get a legit framchise player they are better off with high draft picks that can grow with Edwards. Randle is a good player but is such a massive talent downgrade from Towns. No way should Minnie settle for that. Also it would matter who Towns was trying to join if he wanted to leave.

Honor Boost
12-09-2021, 11:08 AM
Shannon Brown writes hello

coin24
12-09-2021, 07:24 PM

KAT is a soft beta career loser.. prob make the Knicks even worse:lol

PeroAntic
12-09-2021, 07:31 PM
That isn't known. But if Towns does want out they would have to find out what teams are offering and also think on what direction they want to go in. If they can't get a legit framchise player they are better off with high draft picks that can grow with Edwards. Randle is a good player but is such a massive talent downgrade from Towns. No way should Minnie settle for that. Also it would matter who Towns was trying to join if he wanted to leave.

I can see KAT wanting to join his former coach. Also, as coin24 pointed out, his reputation in the league is not that great, and it is slowly becoming clear that Ant is going to be the central element of the Wolves project, not KAT. Getting Randle as a solid #2 and Mitch as a defensive center would make sense if Ant is handed the keys to the team. Knicks could obviously throw in a draft pick or a youngster in Knox or even Quickley, I don't think the Wolves can hope for a better return when it comest to KAT.

coin24
12-09-2021, 07:50 PM
Lol knox talk about a bust:oldlol:

Knicks need to move kemba and Fournier, horrible signings

Real Men Wear Green
12-09-2021, 07:54 PM
I can see KAT wanting to join his former coach. Also, as coin24 pointed out, his reputation in the league is not that great, and it is slowly becoming clear that Ant is going to be the central element of the Wolves project, not KAT. Getting Randle as a solid #2 and Mitch as a defensive center would make sense if Ant is handed the keys to the team. Knicks could obviously throw in a draft pick or a youngster in Knox or even Quickley, I don't think the Wolves can hope for a better return when it comest to KAT.

If all KAT is worth is Randle then he would have no business demanding a trade anyhow. If Randle is all Minnie can get back they may just be better off with the FA cap space. But in reality they could at least get two first round picks and most likely more than that. Regardless of whether or not Edwards becomes the focal point of the offense that is a terrible trade.

PeroAntic
12-09-2021, 07:57 PM
Lol knox talk about a bust:oldlol:

Knicks need to move kemba and Fournier, horrible signings

Trade them for a 3&D wing like Covington or Jerami Grant and you have a 50+ win deep playoff team.

PeroAntic
12-09-2021, 07:59 PM
If all KAT is worth is Randle then he would have no business demanding a trade anyhow. If Randle is all Minnie can get back they may just be better off with the FA cap space. But in reality they could at least get two first round picks and most likely more than that. Regardless of whether or b I t Edwards becomes the focal point of the offense that is a terrible trade.

Randle AND Mitchell Robinson. Don't forget hes already a strong defensive center, very young and with lots of potential and hes on a friendly contract. Add Quickley and a first and it actually looks like a bad deal for NY.

Real Men Wear Green
12-09-2021, 08:07 PM
Randle AND Mitchell Robinson. Don't forget hes already a strong defensive center, very young and with lots of potential and hes on a friendly contract. Add Quickley and a first and it actually looks like a bad deal for NY.

So bad that you would love for it to happen. Randle and roleplayers is not enough. Over half the league could and would offer more.

Spurs m8
12-09-2021, 10:26 PM

Yeah and too pvssy to do it in a real game.

And pvssied out on dunk contest

Always does the same old boring nothing dunk

2much_knowledge
12-10-2021, 12:13 AM

So did Kobe. What's your point?

BigShotBob
12-10-2021, 02:35 AM
Thibs had him running suicides for that one

SATAN
12-11-2021, 02:48 AM
LaMelo recently got benched for this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kckxQFMVCJA

:oldlol:

dirkdiggler41
12-11-2021, 06:17 AM
This is the first time in NBA history that anyone has pulled that off. So it is kinda cool.

12-11-2021, 08:53 AM
Ricky Davis did it first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRZl-kf86FI

pandiani17
12-11-2021, 09:57 AM

As one poster said, LaMelo Ball was benched for missing a dunk last week or so, and I remember Javale McGee being also benched when he did somthing like that when they were losing while he was with the Wizards. I mean, the dunk is awesome and that, but the Knicks were in the middle of the game and they were losing. It would be much more professional if he just did a normal dunk. Also, amazed at the bench reaction. They are losing and they still celebrated the dunk as if it was a buzzer-beater. Ways of the new generation, I suppose.