PDA

View Full Version : Embiid vs Toody tonight

Vino24
12-09-2021, 04:23 PM
Any predictions on this matchup?

Mask the Embiid
12-09-2021, 04:49 PM
i expect rudy to be utterly outplayed as usual by embiid....25/12 just another day in the office so to say for embiid....This is not a "get up for" type of game. i mean hell even Ben laid his scrotum across rudy's lips and he's never played center in his life

we get up for "the big games" the ADs...the Jokic... The KATS..we dont gaf about rudy toody and the vucevich's of the world

Gotterdammerung
12-09-2021, 06:08 PM
Any predictions on this matchup?

32 points, 14 rebounds, and a gorilla dunk or two
:durantunimpressed:

I see Rudy Gobert more of a glorified team defender, less an invincible one on one defender. He will rotate to help out on penetrating guards more than stay home and give up the easy layup.

Bill Russell was a genius at this - he would force the offensive player into no-man's-land between the hoop and the dump-off pass until it was too late.
:kobe:

SATAN
12-09-2021, 06:20 PM
Anthony Edwards on Rudy Gobert:

'Anytime I go against Porzingis, I don’t get no layups. I don’t get why we couldn’t finish on Rudy Gobert. He don’t put no fear in my heart. I don’t know why."

:confusedshrug:

r0drig0lac
12-09-2021, 06:30 PM
https://c.tenor.com/Lqf7r6FZti8AAAAd/popcorn-watching-tv.gif

SATAN
12-09-2021, 06:50 PM
32 points, 14 rebounds, and a gorilla dunk or two
:durantunimpressed:

I see Rudy Gobert more of a glorified team defender, less an invincible one on one defender. He will rotate to help out on penetrating guards more than stay home and give up the easy layup.

Patrick Beverly on Rudy Gobert:

"If I'm Defensive Player of the Year, I'm always guarding the best player no matter what. I'm not roaming. It's no discredit to Royce O'Neale or any of the others on their team, but if I'm Defensive Player of the Year, I'm not guarding Royce O'Neale. I'm guarding Mike Conley, I'm guarding Donovan Mitchell, I'm guarding [Bojan} Bogdanovic. You got Rudy Gobert out there guarding [Jarred} Vanderbilt. And every time I hear he's Defensive Player of the Year. So, uh, whatever."

SATAN
12-09-2021, 06:52 PM
Ben Simmons on Rudy Gobert:

"great down there in the paint, but he's not guarding everybody."

"He guarded me in Utah. And I had 42. And apparently, I'm not a scorer, so it is what it is."

:yaohappy:

Vino24
12-09-2021, 06:53 PM
Ben Simmons on Rudy Gobert:

:yaohappy:
Lol Simmons roasted himself while bringing Toody down. Brutal

Mask the Embiid
12-09-2021, 07:12 PM
Patrick Beverly on Rudy Gobert:
uhh he know that is a slap in the face to vanderbilt right :oldlol:

Vino24
12-09-2021, 08:27 PM
Embiid already with 11pts lolol

JohnMax
12-09-2021, 08:35 PM
https://youtube.com/watch?v=2WZ1ALkP5Ck

Xiao Yao You
12-09-2021, 10:19 PM
tough night for Embiid and the trolls again :bowdown:

tontoz
12-09-2021, 10:37 PM
i expect rudy to be utterly outplayed as usual by embiid....25/12 just another day in the office so to say for embiid....This is not a "get up for" type of game. i mean hell even Ben laid his scrotum across rudy's lips and he's never played center in his life

we get up for "the big games" the ADs...the Jokic... The KATS..we dont gaf about rudy toody and the vucevich's of the world

:roll:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/.highres/funny-pictures-shut-up-00l.jpg

Xiao Yao You
12-09-2021, 10:40 PM
:roll:

https://hosting.photobucket.com/albums/g195/tontoz/.highres/funny-pictures-shut-up-00l.jpg

funny how all these threads went quiet after the Sixers were shut down by Gobert for the final 3 quarters

tontoz
12-09-2021, 10:52 PM
I just noticed that Rudy is averaging 15/15 with a league leading 74.6% TS. Wow

Xiao Yao You
12-09-2021, 10:59 PM

uncontested boards and dunks. He sucks!

Full Court
12-09-2021, 11:46 PM

I really don't get the hate for him on here.

Spuddywebby
12-10-2021, 12:30 AM
uncontested boards and dunks. He sucks!

Utah centers with 31 points and 31 rebounds tonight :wtf: was there anyone in the paint for Philly at all?

aj1987
12-10-2021, 12:32 AM
I really don't get the hate for him on here.

He only gets hate because Xiao thinks he's a MVP level player.

Xiao Yao You
12-10-2021, 02:49 AM
Utah centers with 31 points and 31 rebounds tonight :wtf: was there anyone in the paint for Philly at all?

of course not. Gobert only goes off against the scrubs of the league

Xiao Yao You
12-10-2021, 02:50 AM
He only gets hate because Xiao thinks he's a MVP level player.

best player on the best team last year. Best player on the 3rd best team right now.

Xiao Yao You
12-10-2021, 11:29 AM
https://www.ksl.com/article/50309052/its-hilarious-gobert-responds-to-critiques-with-dominant-showing-against-76ers

It was one of the more complete team efforts of the year. But, like always, things still tended to revolve around Gobert; and after what was said about his game on Wednesday (https://www.ksl.com/article/50308317/he-dont-put-no-fear-in-my-heart-t-wolves-throw-shade-at-rudy-gobert-after-32-point-jazz-win-) by two Minnesota players, how Gobert and the Jazz played Thursday was almost poetic.

but I thought the team revolved around media darling Mitchell :no:

"Ironically, I think he leads the league in contested shots," Jazz coach Quin Snyder said. "So we're trying to figure out ways to get him involved in the play regardless of who he's guarding. He can't guard everybody, but he tries to and I'd like for him to.

don't forget all those uncontested rebounds! :coleman:

"He's our best isolation defender, he is the best rim protector in the league," he continued. "So a lot of times he doesn't get to decide who he guards; he's part of the larger scheme. So if he's not guarding somebody, that's on me."

Ish trolls have him guarding guys while he's on the bench during garbage time :biggums:

Akeem34TheDream
12-10-2021, 11:44 AM
https://www.ksl.com/article/50309052/its-hilarious-gobert-responds-to-critiques-with-dominant-showing-against-76ers

but I thought the team revolved around media darling Mitchell :no:

don't forget all those uncontested rebounds! :coleman:

Ish trolls have him guarding guys while he's on the bench during garbage time :biggums:

How are you trashing Quinn Snyder and quoting him about Gobert all the time? :biggums:

Mask the Embiid
12-10-2021, 12:00 PM
Embiid is playing with a suppressed salary cap..dont nobody count this bs as a real win cept toody stans. Thats like if toody outplayed a burnt-out jokic without Jamaal murray...the man is worn down from carrying his team just like embiid is....rudy never outplays anyone at full health. ever!

Bragging about this win is like if you played ur friend in a video game who kicks ur ass all the time so he picks the worst team in the game n u beat him....imagine bragging about a handicapped win....are u that pathetic? we all know the outcome of rudy vs any top center if both teams are healthy....rudy's little beret wont be on his head anymore.....it will be up his ass after he gets stomped out by said center

Xiao Yao You
12-10-2021, 12:08 PM
How are you trashing Quinn Snyder and quoting him about Gobert all the time? :biggums:

the guy wouldn't have a job without Gobert. He ought to be praising him

Xiao Yao You
12-10-2021, 12:10 PM
Embiid is playing with a suppressed salary cap..dont nobody count this bs as a real win cept toody stans. Thats like if toody outplayed a burnt-out jokic without Jamaal murray...the man is worn down from carrying his team just like embiid is....rudy never outplays anyone at full health. ever!

Bragging about this win is like if you played ur friend in a video game who kicks ur ass all the time so he picks the worst team in the game n u beat him....imagine bragging about a handicapped win....are u that pathetic? we all know the outcome of rudy vs any top center if both teams are healthy....rudy's little beret wont be on his head anymore.....it will be up his ass after he gets stomped out by said center

Why does Rudy never get worn down after 7 years of carrying his team?

Funny how threads were made to say how much Embiid would dominate this game and when he doesn't there are excuses. Talk about pathetic! :roll:

Wally450
12-10-2021, 12:22 PM
Embiid is playing with a suppressed salary cap..dont nobody count this bs as a real win cept toody stans.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

So this is a no win situation for Rudy. If Joel went off on him, you'd be singing his praises.

Xiao Yao You
12-10-2021, 12:27 PM

So this is a no win situation for Rudy. If Joel went off on him, you'd be singing his praises.

yep. Classic ISH! :facepalm

FKAri
12-10-2021, 12:50 PM

Fans always hate their team's coach.

Mask the Embiid
12-10-2021, 01:12 PM

Embiid just had 43 on the hornets without half their team.no thread was made by me.

tontoz
12-10-2021, 01:16 PM

Funny but "burnt out" Jokic is still putting up monster numbers even without Murray and Porter.

Pretty sure Xiao isn't just bragging about the win, he is bragging about Gobert punking Embiid. In your first post of the thread you said you fully expected Embiid to punk Rudy "i expect rudy to be utterly outplayed as usual by embiid....25/12 just another day in the office", then when it doesn't happen you trot out the excuses.

:facepalm

Xiao Yao You
12-10-2021, 01:19 PM
Funny but "burnt out" Jokic is still putting up monster numbers even without Murray and Porter.

Pretty sure Xiao isn't just bragging about the win, he is bragging about Gobert punking Embiid. In your first post of the thread you said you fully expected Embiid to punk Rudy, then when it doesn't happen you trot out the excuses.

:facepalm

yep hilarious. Just another day on ISH

JohnMax
12-10-2021, 03:38 PM
Nick praises Rudy Gobert (17 Pts, 21 Reb) in Jazz 118-96 win over 76ers

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uKoGkEtm4MU

expansionera
12-10-2021, 03:40 PM
Real center play, not just shooting threes, frees and falling down :roll:

Xiao Yao You
12-10-2021, 10:55 PM
Real center play, not just shooting threes, frees and falling down :roll: