PDA

View Full Version : Report: Lakers expressing interest in Ben Simmons and Jerami Grant

Lebron23
12-13-2021, 01:22 PM
https://lakersdaily.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/12/New-Project-2.jpg

According to a report, the Los Angeles Lakers are interested in two standout players.

It sounds like the Lakers are interested in Philadelphia 76ers star Ben Simmons.

“The New York Knicks, Los Angeles Lakers, Minnesota Timberwolves, Portland Trail Blazers, Sacramento Kings, Indiana Pacers and Cleveland Cavaliers are among the teams interested in Simmons, sources said, although it’s unclear how much traction Philadelphia truly has on any move,” wrote Shams Charania of The Athletic.

If the Lakers were to acquire Simmons, that would certainly be a huge twist. The three-time All-Star is a polarizing player from a talent perspective, but he’s a triple-double threat and elite defender.

A Lakers deal for him would likely be one of the biggest trades of the season in the NBA.

The Lakers are also reportedly interested in Detroit Pistons forward Jerami Grant.

“Jerami Grant is one of the most sought-after players in a potential trade, with the Lakers and [Portland] Trail Blazers among the teams pursuing the Pistons’ versatile forward, sources said,” wrote Charania.

Grant would be a fascinating addition for L.A. The 27-year-old has shown some huge signs of growth in recent years, and he could provide the Lakers with a big shot in the arm.

This season, Grant is averaging 20.1 points, 4.8 rebounds and 2.6 assists per contest. He’s shooting 41.4 percent from the field and 33.1 percent from beyond the arc.

https://lakersdaily.com/report-lakers-expressing-interest-in-ben-simmons-and-jerami-grant/

Xiao Yao You
12-13-2021, 01:23 PM
and how would they get them? :facepalm

Lebron23
12-13-2021, 01:24 PM

https://www.nba.com/lakers/sites/lakers/files/1920_lal_mktg_pelinkanews_tw_v1_jd.jpg

pandiani17
12-13-2021, 01:25 PM
I don't know about Grant, but I don't think Ben Simmons is who they need. He is not an outside shooter and he wouldn't help spreading the defense so the others can score points.

JohnMax
12-13-2021, 01:28 PM
Ben Simmons news is wonderful because it means the end of Westbrick experiment.

Mask the Embiid
12-13-2021, 01:32 PM
Ben Simmons news is wonderful because it means the end of Westbrick experiment.

Listen to me....and i want you to really read this statement...really read it ok?

We will never......listen to me.... we will nevvvvvvvvvvvvver.....trade ben simmons for westbrook or wall....it will never happen...even if he holds out for all 4 years of his contract...it will neverrrrrrrrrrrr evrrrrrrrrrr everrrrrrrrr....everrrrrrr happen.

we dont want him...we will never want.. we will never trade for him...if we go on a 20 game losing streak...we still wont trade for him.... If he has a run of 50 40 90 right before the trade deadline for a month...we still still never trade for him.nothing can happen that will ever make us want westbrook....nothing

Mask the Embiid
12-13-2021, 01:36 PM
So unless you are sending us Anthony Davis, Kawhi, Pg13, or LeBron james....stop mentioning ben simmons name in LA

we will never gift wrap u Simmons...ever

we dont want tucker we dont want any other of those bums on that roster

Bankaii
12-13-2021, 02:15 PM
Sixers are trying to win now but Westbrook is not the way to go.
Grant would be a major upgrade to Melo/Bazemore/Bradley as the 3rd wing player.

TheGoatest
12-13-2021, 02:23 PM
Myles Turner would be a better option than either.
First and foremost, he would be able to spare Anthony Davis' vag!na from playing the center position, which he despite his cliché statements in interviews about willing to do "anything that is necessary" to win refuses to do.
He would provide interior defense, which has been the weakest aspect of the Lakers' weakest aspect (defense) so far this season.
He is currently a 40% 3 point shooter and drains a couple of 3s per game. That percentage would probably fall to around 35% when the pressure-inducing bright lights of LA hit, but he would still drain some useful 3s off LeBron's passes.
The only real negative is that he isn't that good of a rebounder, but hey you can't have everything.

Xiao Yao You
12-13-2021, 02:26 PM
Myles Turner would be a better option than either.
First and foremost, he would be able to spare Anthony Davis' vag!na from playing the center position, which he despite his cliché statements in interviews about willing to do "anything that is necessary" to win refuses to do.
He would provide interior defense, which has been the weakest aspect of the Lakers' weakest aspect (defense) so far this season.
He is currently a 40% 3 point shooter and drains a couple of 3s per game. That percentage would probably fall to around 35% when the pressure-inducing bright lights of LA hit, but he would still drain some useful 3s off LeBron's passes.
The only real negative is that he isn't that good of a rebounder, but hey you can't have everything.

rebounding shouldn't be an issue with Davis, Westbook and James

FultzNationRISE
12-13-2021, 02:52 PM
Westbrick and Simmons dont have to be traded for each other straight up. Bringing in a third and fourth team could be an option. The Lakers would probably have to take on a lot of extra salary tho to unload Westbrook. Theyd probably have to also pay cash to everyone in the deal, as well as give out as many future picks as the rules permit.

Dont know if LAL ownership is willing to commit that much money and future to flipping Westbrick for Simmons, but if they are, I dont think it’s necessarily impossible.

3ba11
12-13-2021, 02:57 PM
Since Lebron has 5 HOF teammates and still needs more help, this confirms that Lebron's frontcourt ball-dominance doesn't get the most out of teammates and underachieves his supporting talent

Specifically, guys are reduced to spot-up shooter and the team can't use the best strategy (ball movement), so the team amazingly needs more help despite already having among the most help ever!

Lebron is the biggest fraud in the history of the world.. A simpleton, AAU ball-dominator that tricked everyone into thinking he knew how to win by forming super-teams.

taabhimself
12-13-2021, 03:04 PM
the Lakers have nothing to offer us for Grant.

ralph_i_el
12-13-2021, 05:15 PM
Listen to me....and i want you to really read this statement...really read it ok?

We will never......listen to me.... we will nevvvvvvvvvvvvver.....trade ben simmons for westbrook or wall....it will never happen...even if he holds out for all 4 years of his contract...it will neverrrrrrrrrrrr evrrrrrrrrrr everrrrrrrrr....everrrrrrr happen.

we dont want him...we will never want.. we will never trade for him...if we go on a 20 game losing streak...we still wont trade for him.... If he has a run of 50 40 90 right before the trade deadline for a month...we still still never trade for him.nothing can happen that will ever make us want westbrook....nothing

Ben Simmons is the same flavor of bum as Westbrook, just with no cahones

Im so nba'd out
12-13-2021, 06:03 PM
Ben Simmons is the same flavor of bum as Westbrook, just with no cahones

Well I don’t want either…at least this way I don’t have either…no trade

bullettooth
12-13-2021, 06:03 PM

Trade LeBron while he still has some value.

Johnny32
12-13-2021, 06:17 PM
lol why is the phi fan acting like morey hasn't traded for westbrook once already lol. that said i'd rather have grant of the two anyway.

Real Men Wear Green
12-13-2021, 07:01 PM
Westbrook would be good for Philly if Lakers really want Simmons. Simmons seems like an awful fit for LA though. He's bad off the ball and not better with the ball than James

TheCorporation
12-13-2021, 07:34 PM
Trade LeBron while he still has some value.

This is exactly why highschool drop outs dont make GMs

fourkicks44
12-13-2021, 07:45 PM
This is exactly why highschool drop outs dont make GMs

Hypothetically speaking, if the Lakers trade Simmons for LeBron how close is Philadelphia to a championship.

Guaranteed ring?

LBJ
12-13-2021, 08:01 PM

this is the funny stuff with Sixers. You trash Simmons, and then you hold his trade value at a high.
You trashed the guy, Simmons stock is a wash.

Shogon
12-13-2021, 08:08 PM
Report: InsideHoops poster Shogon express interest in bedding Ivanka Trump.

In other words... shit in one hand, wish in the other... see which fills up first. Talk about a pipe dream.

L8krH8tr
12-13-2021, 08:09 PM
Fakers are done for, desperate garbage LeHollywood franchise.

Shogon
12-13-2021, 08:10 PM
Westbrook would be good for Philly if Lakers really want Simmons. Simmons seems like an awful fit for LA though. He's bad off the ball and not better with the ball than James

He'd probably be an upgrade from Westbrook because he wouldn't be taking low percentage shots and Simmons perimeter defense is absolutely stellar. I have no doubt that the Lakers would go from bottom of the pack defensively to the top with Simmons. Subtracting Westbrook and adding Simmons is just about as insane of an upgrade defensively as they could possibly get.

But you're right, offensively, it would hinder both Simmons and LeBron... maybe even worse than Westbrook and LeBron. But then again, as I said, Simmons isn't going to be putting up low percentage shots so... yeah.

I don't believe for one second that the Lakers can land Simmons without moving Davis or LeBron, and that shit isn't going to happen. So, yeah.

PP34Deuce
12-13-2021, 09:04 PM
Sounds more like rich Paul than the lakers.

Ben is klutch. Jeremy Grant is similar to KCP in that lebron loves his game and would recruit him to Klutch.

Westbrook is not being traded.

Mask the Embiid
12-13-2021, 10:22 PM
this is the funny stuff with Sixers. You trash Simmons, and then you hold his trade value at a high.
You trashed the guy, Simmons stock is a wash.

I don’t value him high at all actually. I already said I was happy with Brogdon or jeremy grant. But the fact is I value Westbrook/wall far….far under Simmons or Brogdon or Jeremy grant or pascal or whatever else we can get for him…that’s what you don’t seem to get. Westbrook is NOT WANTED HERE!

I would rather have neither than to have Westbrook on the sixers.

you’ve never seen me talk bad about Simmons since “the pass” I just want him off my fking team. Have fun playing 4 on 5 on offense

Honor Boost
12-13-2021, 10:25 PM
Lemoar halp

n00bie
12-13-2021, 10:32 PM
I would pay to watch Ben Simmons play as a Laker. Just to add on to the mental instability of the team.

LeBron - Self proclaimed Goat / King of the NBA / GM / Coach
Melo - NBA Cancer
Westbrook - Insane Cross Dresser
Howard - Mentally Weak Lady Boy Lover
Davis - Rape victim

And now Simmons, the bitch of the league.

Baller789
12-13-2021, 10:50 PM
I would pay to watch Ben Simmons play as a Laker. Just to add on to the mental instability of the team.

Melo - NBA Cancer
Davis - Rape victim

:roll:

Thenameless
12-13-2021, 11:23 PM
If the Lakers can pick up one of Turner, Grant, or Simmons, AND get rid of Westbrook it would be a major coup.

They might be able to get Turner directly, as the Pacers are actively shopping him anyway, but the other two would probably have to come via a multi team trade.

I'm most intrigued by Simmons. As much as we, the public, have been $hi++ing on the guy for the past year, he could be a very devastating addition for the Lakers. He will abuse smaller point guards in the paint, and he can guard almost any position very well. And, as much as he is a headcase, being around a stabilizing factor like an all time great in Lebron might free him up to become a better player. There's also the x-factor that he's probably smart enough to realize that if he messes up with the Lakers, he'll never get another chance. Swing for the fences Pelinka, and let's go get Number 18.

FromDowntown
12-13-2021, 11:29 PM
Hypothetically speaking, if the Lakers trade Simmons for LeBron how close is Philadelphia to a championship.

Guaranteed ring?

thatsa chip

bladefd
12-14-2021, 12:02 AM
If the Lakers can pick up one of Turner, Grant, or Simmons, AND get rid of Westbrook it would be a major coup.

They might be able to get Turner directly, as the Pacers are actively shopping him anyway, but the other two would probably have to come via a multi team trade.

I'm most intrigued by Simmons. As much as we, the public, have been $hi++ing on the guy for the past year, he could be a very devastating addition for the Lakers. He will abuse smaller point guards in the paint, and he can guard almost any position very well. And, as much as he is a headcase, being around a stabilizing factor like an all time great in Lebron might free him up to become a better player. There's also the x-factor that he's probably smart enough to realize that if he messes up with the Lakers, he'll never get another chance. Swing for the fences Pelinka, and let's go get Number 18.

Lakers don't have the assets that Philly would want this season, and I don't see another team giving up a star to acquire Westbrook. I don't see it happening until next season when Westbrook becomes an expiring contract.

Grant would be the same sort of case, even though not quite as difficult to acquire as Simmons. Lakers don't have the assets for Grant.

Lakers should instead be looking towards the role-players like Turner, Covington, Harrison Barnes, someone from a rebuilding team.

Spurs m8
12-14-2021, 12:14 AM
LeFailedGM, LeEntitled and LeMoarHalp strike again

Chick Stern
12-14-2021, 12:27 AM

Sixer fans are cute thinking they have a say in the matter.

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-NMdd_kqxpxI/WSdbSb5wO4I/AAAAAAAAe2o/8L_wGazC0eoei59mL9J6ALTTjiunF6tXgCLcB/s320/surejan.gif

FromDowntown
12-14-2021, 12:30 AM
LeFailedGM, LeEntitled and LeMoarHalp strike again

+1

imdaman99
12-14-2021, 12:37 AM
Bunch of fat unathletic internet nerds calling Russ westbrick :oldlol:

FultzNationRISE
12-14-2021, 12:46 AM
Bunch of fat unathletic internet nerds calling Russ westbrick :oldlol:

You get your 7th, 8th, and 9th booster shot yet lil buddy?

imdaman99
12-14-2021, 01:11 AM
You get your 7th, 8th, and 9th booster shot yet lil buddy?

Here you go, I made this for you. Have fun with it :lol :cheers:

https://i.postimg.cc/SRxW0x3K/Vaccine-Frame-14122021-000526.jpg

Baller789
12-14-2021, 01:25 AM
I hope to see Lebron, Westbrook, Simmons, Jordan and Rondo on the same team.

The spacing... What spacing all NBA team.

Spurs m8
12-14-2021, 01:45 AM
I hope to see Lebron, Westbrook, Simmons, Jordan and Rondo on the same team.

The spacing... What spacing all NBA team.

LeGM would do this.
Very short sighted

Jay-B
12-14-2021, 01:48 AM
Lakers would have to be on crack to trade Westbrook for Simmons, they are both not a good fit with the team but for some reason I rather have Westbrook. Why not try to get grant for like Horton tucker and some draft picks?

Thenameless
12-14-2021, 02:31 AM
Lakers don't have the assets that Philly would want this season, and I don't see another team giving up a star to acquire Westbrook. I don't see it happening until next season when Westbrook becomes an expiring contract.

Grant would be the same sort of case, even though not quite as difficult to acquire as Simmons. Lakers don't have the assets for Grant.

Lakers should instead be looking towards the role-players like Turner, Covington, Harrison Barnes, someone from a rebuilding team.

I don't see them getting either Simmons or Grant either, but the others pretty easily.

The Lakers just have a history of getting whomever they want whether it's through trade or free agency: Wilt, Kareem, Shaq, Gasol, prime Dwight Howard, Lebron, AD, and even more recently Drummond even though it didn't work out. When I look at some of these names, Ben Simmons and Jerami Grant don't seem so far fetched.

WhiteKyrie
12-14-2021, 01:30 PM
LeGM would do this.
Very short sighted
Makes you think, if he wasn’t so “win now as easily as possible” would the Lakers and LeBron been better off keeping and developing Ball, Kuzma, Caruso and Ingram along side LeBron?

The way Chris Paul, a real leader, was able to successful mold and imprint winning basketball culture on a talented but immature young Phoenix Suns squad?

Melo - NBA Cancer
Davis - Rape victim

:roll: :roll: :roll: facts

Johnny32
12-14-2021, 01:40 PM
Makes you think, if he wasn’t so “win now as easily as possible” would the Lakers and LeBron been better off keeping and developing Ball, Kuzma, Caruso and Ingram along side LeBron?

The way Chris Paul, a real leader, was able to successful mold and imprint winning basketball culture on a talented but immature young Phoenix Suns squad?

:roll: :roll: :roll: facts

no the lakers wouldn't be better off with three role players and ingram.

Airupthere
12-14-2021, 01:42 PM
Lol at moaarr heelllppp. It has been the atory of lebrons whole career.

WhiteKyrie
12-14-2021, 04:59 PM
Is Retawded Westbrick going to be traded again? :oldlol: guy is cancer.

tanibanana
12-17-2021, 09:06 PM
Grant would be a great addition to Lakers if ever. But Simmons, ehh, that is another experiment.

kawhileonard2
12-17-2021, 10:26 PM
Lebron for Ben Simmons works.