PDA

View Full Version : With an 8 year head start on top of it….

Kblaze8855
12-13-2021, 08:22 PM
https://www.hostpic.org/images/2112140540150112.jpeg

Have they taken the clippers well earned status as leagues official laughing stock? Or do you lean Hornets/Bobcats?

I think it has to be one of them. The clippers have been ok to good for 10 years now.

I’ll sure miss quality references like “Got dammit check our credentials. Hoes get ****ed and sent home early just like the Clippers”:

https://youtu.be/bo2RjeDYd6g

But lob city and then Leonard and George have made that a respectable franchise without Sterling holding them back.

Ive never been considered a friend of the whiny Sonic fans acting like a team can be “Stolen” but ummmmm….

Give Seattle that team, change the name, and let KG and ARod start a fresh one a few years later with the name and records intact Cleveland Browns style. Let the stink wear off and start over like nothing happened the way the nfl did after the Browns became the Ravens then just got refreshed like there was no gap.

It’s time.

ShawkFactory
12-13-2021, 08:27 PM
I don't think you can ignore the Kings either. No playoffs since 06 and in the 15 years have only won over 30 games 7 times. Haven't won 40 either.

Kblaze8855
12-13-2021, 11:46 PM
Yea the Kings has been on he struggle is for quite a few stops but at least they have history. I wouldn’t dissolve any team with a title. Even one as the Roychester Royals in like 1951

SouBeachTalents
12-13-2021, 11:50 PM
The Knicks have been arguably the biggest laughing stock in sports over the last 2 decades, or are they not eligible for this discussion because they won titles 50 years ago

Kblaze8855
12-13-2021, 11:55 PM
The Knicks are part of the story of the nba no matter what else they are. If a team had to be contracted they wouldn’t be a serious option for a number of reasons. Minny would be on the short list.

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-14-2021, 12:06 AM
David Robinson, Manu, tony parker, kawhi

That's 4 hall of fame players and 2 players that are top ten goat level in Robinson and kawhi.

Duncan had the best supporting cast in nba history. He was extremely close to leaving to the Orlando magic in the early 2000s as well, so not as loyal as some think.

Kblaze8855
12-14-2021, 12:09 AM
No wonder you burn through alts.

Spurs m8
12-14-2021, 12:12 AM
No wonder you burn through alts.

Do us all a favour, Mr blaze...

FultzNationRISE
12-14-2021, 12:36 AM
I don't see any franchise currently constituting a laughing stock.

Ofc there are teams that have sucked for a while, but to me a laughing stock is a franchise that has yet to overcome a truly infamous history. Teams that qualified at one point in time are the Clippers, the orange creamsicle Buccaneers, the 0-16 Detroit Lions. Cleveland as a sports city in general prior to Lebron etc. Those are laughing stocks.

Although if a team's glory is long behind them and theyve not just been irrelevant recently, but straight up comically dysfunctional - like the Isiah Knicks - that also is worthy of the laughing stock label.

Right now I dont think anyone legitimately qualifies.

FireDavidKahn
12-14-2021, 12:55 AM
The Wolves have the worst winning % of all the 4 major sports.

Where have you been???

FireDavidKahn
12-14-2021, 12:57 AM
BTW, it is so much more profitable for the NBA if they were to expand vs. relocate. Guaranteed it'll be expansion before they allow some team in the NBA to relocate.

warriorfan
12-14-2021, 02:41 AM
I’ve been saying they need to take the wolves out of the league for awhile now. Seattle would be the most likely destination I would think. I know it would never fly but it would be interesting if they did something like the Premier league does in soccer. Where the shittiest teams get taken out of the league. Pretty good incentive not to tank all the time.

L.Kizzle
12-14-2021, 03:17 AM
Minnesota has only been out of the first round once.