PDA

View Full Version : Do you think the Hawks regret promoting Nate McMillan as their Head coach?

k0kakw0rld
12-14-2021, 12:02 AM
Trae is out there carrying his ass. :facepalm

ShawkFactory
12-14-2021, 12:37 AM
He’s been aggressively bad at making adjustments. The rotations are just so elementary starting every 4th with the entire bench. Then leaving the in too long and bringing the starters back in cold down the stretch.

So many games have slipped away like this and it’s baffling that he hasn’t tried to do something else.

FultzNationRISE
12-14-2021, 12:44 AM
He’s been aggressively bad at making adjustments. The rotations are just so elementary starting every 4th with the entire bench. Then leaving the in too long and bringing the starters back in cold down the stretch.

So many games have slipped away like this and it’s baffling that he hasn’t tried to do something else.

They're pretty deep tho, it can't just be a rotation thing can it? I honestly thought this team was gonna come out and win the damn East after the promise they showed in the playoffs last year. Haven't seen any of their games this year so I don't know what the issue is but somethin has clearly gone awry. They have too much talent to be under .500 regardless of the rotations.

k0kakw0rld
12-14-2021, 01:04 AM
They're pretty deep tho, it can't just be a rotation thing can it? I honestly thought this team was gonna come out and win the damn East after the promise they showed in the playoffs last year. Haven't seen any of their games this year so I don't know what the issue is but somethin has clearly gone awry. They have too much talent to be under .500 regardless of the rotations.

I have watched a few games. The John Collins/Trae pick-n-roll should be more deadly than it is. John Collins did not improve the way Myles Bridges has improved for the Charlotte Hornets.

Against the Rockets (No Kevin Porter Jr, No Jalen Green, No Wall) They literally lost to Eric Gordon wtf? McMillan started the fourth with the bench and it went downhill from there.

k0kakw0rld
12-14-2021, 01:05 AM

He loves Delon Wright so much lol and Luwawu-Cabarrot apparently :facepalm

imdaman99
12-14-2021, 01:18 AM
McMillan was known for his defense. I'm sure he doesn't enjoy his team giving up 132.

MrFonzworth
12-14-2021, 02:18 AM
OP a Hawks fan now:facepalm

warriorfan
12-14-2021, 02:29 AM

:roll:

Axe
12-14-2021, 03:43 AM
:milton

insight
12-14-2021, 09:39 AM
Nate is a good coach, it does take him a while to make adjustments. He needs to find better line ups that can create offense outside of Trae and play solid defense and be physical. They definately have the offensive talent to make another run, but they need to figure out how to play sound defense consistently.

ShawkFactory
12-14-2021, 12:04 PM

Having Bogdanovic and DeAndre Hunter our really cuts in to that depth some. But I think we’ve also had serious issues on defense obviously. I think the way we play offensively makes it tough to slow the game down and get set, and we don’t have a rim protector to help when this happens.

RRR3
12-14-2021, 12:50 PM
Having Bogdanovic and DeAndre Hunter our really cuts in to that depth some. But I think we’ve also had serious issues on defense obviously. I think the way we play offensively makes it tough to slow the game down and get set, and we don’t have a rim protector to help when this happens.
Since when is Capela not a rim protector?

ShawkFactory
12-14-2021, 12:57 PM
Since when is Capela not a rim protector?

He’s really not as strong as the block numbers suggest. And on top of that he can’t really play more than 30 minutes a game, less against good teams. We weren’t even able to keep him on the floor at times against Milwaukee as that series progressed.

Either way, with the way we play offensively and how bad Trae is on the perimeter we need a DPOY caliber guy to clean up and Capela hasn’t really been that.

RRR3
12-14-2021, 02:05 PM
He’s really not as strong as the block numbers suggest. And on top of that he can’t really play more than 30 minutes a game, less against good teams. We weren’t even able to keep him on the floor at times against Milwaukee as that series progressed.

Either way, with the way we play offensively and how bad Trae is on the perimeter we need a DPOY caliber guy to clean up and Capela hasn’t really been that.
I see. Why doesn’t John Collins get more shots as efficient as he is?

ShawkFactory
12-14-2021, 03:38 PM
I see. Why doesn’t John Collins get more shots as efficient as he is?

If there is a better than average defender on him he can struggle to create his own shot. He’s one of the best, if not THE best finishers in the game when you consider every level (dunks, floaters, midrange, spot-up shooting from deep) But his handle is average and Trae also spreads the ball around a good bit.

I think his volume could probably go up from 12 shots a game to maybe 15 but after that you’d be asking him to navigate more 1-on-1 scenarios than he can handle.

beasted
12-14-2021, 06:12 PM
If they could swing a trade for OG, that would probably solve a lot of problems. Not sure what it would take for Toronto to let him go. Probably a lot.

Grant could be a good consolidation prize though.

ShawkFactory
12-14-2021, 06:34 PM
If they could swing a trade for OG, that would probably solve a lot of problems. Not sure what it would take for Toronto to let him go. Probably a lot.

Grant could be a good consolidation prize though.

Inefficient wing scorers who are mediocre defensively are the exact opposite of what we need.

The Hawks are the #2 in ORTG.

BigShotBob
12-14-2021, 06:41 PM
They are hobbled by injuries

beasted
12-14-2021, 06:50 PM
Inefficient wing scorers who are mediocre defensively are the exact opposite of what we need.

The Hawks are the #2 in ORTG.
Who is inefficient and mediocre defensively? OG and Grant are both plus defenders and very efficient when placed in the correct role. They are not #1 or #2 options. Ideally they are 15 PPG with great efficiency swing forwards. Look at what they've produced in proper roles on a winning team, not now.

k0kakw0rld
12-14-2021, 07:23 PM
Here we go. Still stuck in elementary, grow up damn. It's getting old. Warriorfag is still alive I see. Allergic to any threat to Stephanie.

ShawkFactory
12-14-2021, 07:24 PM
Who is inefficient and mediocre defensively? OG and Grant are both plus defenders and very efficient when placed in the correct role. They are not #1 or #2 options. Ideally they are 15 PPG with great efficiency swing forwards. Look at what they've produced in proper roles on a winning team, not now.

Maybe so. But we already have those is my point.

k0kakw0rld
12-14-2021, 07:33 PM
You have been a follower of this wonderful thread. Another swing and a miss.
2019 and still butthhurt losing against my Raptors? Poor thing lol you ain't never going to witness your franchise have success. Keep trusting the process, idiot!

ShawkFactory
12-14-2021, 07:43 PM
I think getting Okongwu back is low key going to be huge.

beasted
12-14-2021, 07:45 PM
Maybe so. But we already have those is my point.
I think if you can get away with Reddish and a future 1st it would be worth it. Sell off some untapped potential for more of a sure thing with more playoff experience but also young enough to fit the timeline.

The key thing is defense not so much scoring.

ShawkFactory
12-14-2021, 07:54 PM
I think if you can get away with Reddish and a future 1st it would be worth it. Sell off some untapped potential for more of a sure thing with more playoff experience but also young enough to fit the timeline.

The key thing is defense not so much scoring.

That's the thing is some of the guys we do have like Reddish and Hunter have outstanding defensive upside. Hunter has been hurt all year but I truly believed that after Trae he was our second most important guy season. The way he can guard multiple positions is huge.

I want to see how Okongwu looks when he gets back and gets more minutes but I'm not married to Capela at this point. Might still be reeling from how he looked against Milwaukee.

What OG or Grant would give us truly isn't anything that one of Reddish, Hunter, or Huerter can give us offensively on any night in the playoffs. I wouldn't throw away any assets for someone who might be a little safer and marginally better but still doesn't move the needle.

k0kakw0rld
12-14-2021, 08:09 PM
I think getting Okongwu back is low key going to be huge.

The real question is what are Huerter, Collins doing out there?

insight
12-14-2021, 08:30 PM
That's the thing is some of the guys we do have like Reddish and Hunter have outstanding defensive upside. Hunter has been hurt all year but I truly believed that after Trae he was our second most important guy season. The way he can guard multiple positions is huge.

I want to see how Okongwu looks when he gets back and gets more minutes but I'm not married to Capela at this point. Might still be reeling from how he looked against Milwaukee.

What OG or Grant would give us truly isn't anything that one of Reddish, Hunter, or Huerter can give us offensively on any night in the playoffs. I wouldn't throw away any assets for someone who might be a little safer and marginally better but still doesn't move the needle.

Last season I would have agreed with you on Hunter, but not so much this season. The fit didn't look good earlier in the season, maybe he was still working himself back but if his jump shot is not on point he really is limited offensively. Even last season when Hunter was playing great the Hawks were not winning and we had a similar problem of not being able to close games out in the 4th. . I want Hunter back but I don't think he is the missing piece. In my opinion are second unit lacks athletism and someone with that junk yard dog mentality. Gallo and Lou are liabilities defensively and they really can't play uptempo so we rarely get easy transition points and they struggle to get back in transistion. I think a Montrez Harrell type would really help the Hawks because they are too finesse and Clint is a liability in the 4th due to his poor free throw shooting.

ShawkFactory
12-14-2021, 08:58 PM
The real question is what are Huerter, Collins doing out there?

IN what respect?

fsvr54
12-14-2021, 09:14 PM
Injuries are not Nate's fault. This team just can't get fully healthy. OO will be big for us too

ShawkFactory
12-15-2021, 04:47 PM
Yea so teams are shooting over 70% at the rim when Capela is in the game.