PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi's ring in 19' proved that knowledge of how to win (organic) was transferrable

3ba11
12-20-2021, 10:04 PM
Kawhi learned how to win organically in 2014, which requires learning to produce without the offense revolving around him (elevating teammates) - he took this knowledge to the Raptors and won right away, just like prime Jordan and other organic winners would have, since they learned how to win too (organic).

GrayGoat
12-20-2021, 10:07 PM
Kawhi is also a better 3pt shooter than MJ

3ba11
12-20-2021, 10:09 PM
Kawhi is also a better 3pt shooter than MJ

^^^ only if you include MJ's entire career, which included a lot of bailout volume - if we only look at Jordan's seasons, series or playoff runs where he took ABOVE bailout volume, then Jordan shoots as well or better.

At bailout volume (end-of-shot clock attempts and less than 1.5 attempts), anyone would shoot poorly.. Anytime Jordan shot above bailout volume, he shot well... his goat form and elevation would've shot amazingly at a rhythm of 12 threes a game.

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-20-2021, 11:59 PM
Exactly. He was drafted to spurs and they were mostly washed up by then.

Kawhi's usage was also like -10 vs Duncan, manu, parker but he still managed just 2 or 3 less points per game! That shows how much better of an offensive player kawhi is then all those guys, they had all these plays ran for them and had 2 more PPG to show for it lol

The offense also wasn't elite until they started letting kawhi dominate in the finals. Even the other rounds he was leader in minutes (wcf) or leader in gmsc (2nd round).

It all eventually evolved into the greatest playoff run post Jordan in 2019.

Kawhi still will deliver another couple rings at least with clippers as well.

AirBonner
12-21-2021, 01:03 AM
Exactly. He was drafted to spurs and they were mostly washed up by then.

Kawhi's usage was also like -10 vs Duncan, manu, parker but he still managed just 2 or 3 less points per game! That shows how much better of an offensive player kawhi is then all those guys, they had all these plays ran for them and had 2 more PPG to show for it lol

The offense also wasn't elite until they started letting kawhi dominate in the finals. Even the other rounds he was leader in minutes (wcf) or leader in gmsc (2nd round).

It all eventually evolved into the greatest playoff run post Jordan in 2019.

Kawhi still will deliver another couple rings at least with clippers as well.
I agree. Would you take Kawhi over Kobe?

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-21-2021, 01:40 AM
I agree. Would you take Kawhi over Kobe?

Yes. Wouldn't even think twice about it either.

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:24 PM
Thread Cliffs

Lebron doesn't know how to win, only team-hop (amass sufficient talent to win), so he's a talent-based winner and never learned how to win with chemistry.

He nearly figured it out in Cleveland but left a year early, so Dirk won with an aging group of veterans instead of Lebron.

Unfortunately, Lebron never evolved out of ball-dominant offenses that revolve around him, so he never learned to elevate teammates beyond spot-up roles.. This weaker strategy/brand of ball needs super-team talent and still mostly loses on the championship level..

Lebron's weaker brand of ball also turned the talent favorite (preseason favorite) to underdog or loser from 2010-2016, further confirming his inherently suboptimal style (frontcourt ball-dominance, 2 point guard lineups, low-assist teams).

TheCorporation
01-07-2022, 01:25 PM
Kawhi over your idol Kobe any day of the week. Sorry 3nutball

Vino24
01-07-2022, 01:26 PM
Kawhi is still on his MJ mentally tough sabbatical ;)

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:31 PM
Kawhi is still on his MJ mentally tough sabbatical ;)

Kawhi knows how to win (organic), and he can defeat maximum defensive attention (10 more than sidekick in playoffs and Finals).

So he's in my top 10.. knowing how to win and also defeat maximum defensive attention are important things..

Vino24
01-07-2022, 01:33 PM
Kawhi knows how to win (organic), and he can defeat maximum defensive attention (10 more than sidekick in playoffs and Finals).

So he's in my top 10.. knowing how to win and also defeat maximum defensive attention are important things..

Kawhi team hopped twice you fvcking lunatic

kawhileonard2
01-07-2022, 01:34 PM
Kawhi learned how to win organically in 2014, which requires learning to produce without the offense revolving around him (elevating teammates) - he took this knowledge to the Raptors and won right away, just like prime Jordan and other organic winners would have, since they learned how to win too (organic).

The best in the league

TheCorporation
01-07-2022, 01:41 PM
Didn't Kawhi play on 3 teams in 4 years :lol

Spurs
Raptors
Clippers

LeBron played on 1 team in 4 years

NEXT

:dancin

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:44 PM
Kawhi team hopped twice you fvcking lunatic

But he won organically in 2014, so he knows how to win

And he proved that this knowledge of adjusting one's game to achieve optimal chemistry with teammates (knowledge of how to win) is transferable by winning with Lowry in 2019.

Otoh, Lebron doesn't know how to win (develop chemistry), and only team-hops (amass sufficient talent to win).

so he's a talent-based winner and never learned how to win with chemistry.

Unfortunately, Lebron never evolved out of ball-dominant offenses that revolve around him, so he never learned to elevate teammates beyond spot-up roles.. This weaker strategy/brand needs super-team talent and still mostly loses on the championship level..

Lebron's weaker brand of ball also turned the talent favorite (preseason favorite) to underdog or loser from 2010-2016, further confirming his inherently suboptimal style (frontcourt ball-dominance, 2 point guard lineups, low-assist teams).

Vino24
01-07-2022, 01:46 PM
But he won organically in 2014, so he knows how to win

And he proved that this knowledge of adjusting one's game to achieve optimal chemistry with teammates (knowledge of how to win) is transferable by winning with Lowry in 2019.

Otoh, Lebron doesn't know how to win (develop chemistry), and only team-hops (amass sufficient talent to win).

so he's a talent-based winner and never learned how to win with chemistry.

Unfortunately, Lebron never evolved out of ball-dominant offenses that revolve around him, so he never learned to elevate teammates beyond spot-up roles.. This weaker strategy/brand needs super-team talent and still mostly loses on the championship level..

He was a role player

3ba11
01-07-2022, 01:49 PM
He was a role player

He was learning in front of our eyes and it culminated in a complete domination of Lebron on the highest level (championship)

And he's never looked back after making his name by dominating Lebron

You don't seem to understand that Kawhi learned a superior WAY TO PLAY, so Lebron can literally never beat Kawhi with comparable casts

SouBeachTalents
01-07-2022, 01:55 PM

https://i.ibb.co/JvCbKgg/5-BE4-EEDD-3203-4-A52-A8-D4-3181055-C64-ED.jpg

Kawhi's moved up an awful lot in 2 seasons, neither of which he won a major award or even reached the conference finals

3ba11
01-07-2022, 02:01 PM
https://i.ibb.co/JvCbKgg/5-BE4-EEDD-3203-4-A52-A8-D4-3181055-C64-ED.jpg

Kawhi's moved up an awful lot in 2 seasons, neither of which he won a major award or even reached the conference finals

Those rankings were before I developed official criteria for the top 10:

1) must know how to win (organic)

2) must be capable of defeating max defensive attention (10 more than sidekick in playoffs and Finals)

1987_Lakers
01-07-2022, 02:01 PM
https://i.ibb.co/XCD6m9n/3-Ball-Le-Bron-is-the-GOAT.png

SouBeachTalents
01-07-2022, 02:02 PM
Those rankings were before I developed official criteria for the top 10:

1) must know how to win (organic)

2) must be capable of defeating max defensive attention (10 more than sidekick in playoffs and Finals)
That still doesn't explain why he wasn't in your top 10 with this criteria just a few months ago

https://i.ibb.co/pQFCYqm/E0120-CE1-0-DC4-4-F83-8354-9-E84-CE22-B482.jpg

Vino24
01-07-2022, 02:03 PM
Kawhi might not reach 15k points