PDA

View Full Version : LBJ's Game Evolution

Baller789
12-21-2021, 10:18 PM
We all know the GOAT longevity that Lebron has.

But has his game/playstyle truly evolved?

Seems to me he is pretty similar to what he was when he was younger.

He didn't really improve his jumpshots and 3's.
His offball movements is still basically non-existant.
His FT shooting's still terrible.
He still relies in his stiff arm train drives to the basket.
Did not improve his low post game (from Barrea to Caruso)
Still has no reliable go-to move
Can only play Lebron-ball

The only think I could think of is he has improved in the clutch (though still not there)

And oh yeah, it seems the only big adjustment he made is to stop playing defence altogether so that he could conserve energy on offense.

Airupthere
12-21-2021, 10:24 PM
Got worse with his body language when losing?

ShawkFactory
12-21-2021, 10:24 PM
We all know the GOAT longevity that Lebron has.

But has his game/playstyle truly evolved?

Seems to me he is pretty similar to what he was when he was younger.

He didn't really improve his jumpshots and 3's.
His offball movements is still basically non-existant.
His FT shooting's still terrible.
He still relies in his stiff arm train drives to the basket.
Did not improve his low post game (from Barrea to Caruso)
Still has no reliable go-to move
Can only play Lebron-ball

The only think I could think of is he has improved in the clutch (though still not there)

And oh yeah, it seems the only big adjustment he made is to stop playing defence altogether so that he could conserve energy on offense.

He certainly did. Didn't read the rest.

Spurs m8
12-21-2021, 10:26 PM
His clutch has been so bad this season.

His leadership is truly horrible.

Maybe his shooting - in general - is a little better

The dude has so many flaws

SouBeachTalents
12-21-2021, 10:27 PM
Nah, he definitely improved his jumper and postgame as his career progressed.

Micku
12-21-2021, 10:30 PM
He did improve his post game.

He didn't even play in the post prior to Heat.

When he trained with Hakeem, he started to do fadeaways from the post. He did hook shots a few times, but not much. His footwork wasn't as good as Kobe/Gasol or whatever, but he did a lot of bully ball and play making from the post.

He changed his shooting form multiple times.

And he cuts more to the basket and do more screens.

His jumpshot has improved, but he was never great at it. He had his years or spurts, but he was never a great shooter. But he isn't as bad as he was during the first run with the Cavs.

His IQ on offense is much better.

LeBron ball tho...Due to the nature of the game, and the floor having more spacing than ever, Lebron ball is a very efficient way to play if the team is suited for it. The game evolved to the point where it suits that type of play style. And since he is a freak of nature, it also helps his career.

3ba11
12-21-2021, 10:31 PM
Thread Cliffs

Lebron never evolved out of offenses that revolve around him, so he never learned to involve teammates aside from making them spot-up shooters and therefore never learned to win (organic) - he only learned to team-hop and never learned to win (organic).

Learning to win entails learning to produce without the offense revolving around him (produce off-ball), which elevates teammate role to playmaker, rather than reduce them to spot-up shooter.. And closing the possession gives Lebron more control over the game than starting possessions, while also promoting ball movement.

Akeem34TheDream
12-22-2021, 12:52 AM
He is a better shooter now so better at clutch moments.

Bawkish
12-22-2021, 01:35 AM
He now leaves the game early in the 4th quarter

PP34Deuce
12-22-2021, 01:36 AM
Doc rivers says the diff was early cleveland lebron was just playing basketball. He was literally a mix of magic and Mike.

Lebron is a lot more of a field general now and magic Johnson more than MJ. He's great with a team now that masks his weaknesses which is a high motor and consistent shooting.

ClipperRevival
12-22-2021, 01:45 AM
He's been super active this year off ball. He consistently makes hard cuts/dives and a good chunk of his points are coming this way, which is surprising. He seldom did this in the past.

bizil
12-24-2021, 06:33 PM
Always knew Bron was gonna age great in the league. I wouldn't say he's the top player in the league anymore. BUT he's still top 3-5. Just think he can't go off for 50 IF NEEDED as much. And his defense has slipped. When u have KD still at the peak of his game. And Giannis into his peak days. BUT he's still a better floor general. Still capable of putting up his normal great numbers. So for me, he's you could STILL SAY he's in his backend prime mode. And Bron is so smart, he's still likely pacing himself as well.

This ISN'T Wizards MJ type shit we are seeing with Bron. Wizards MJ was still All Star caliber. BUT not superstar caliber. Bron is STILL a superstar! Since Bron is the best all around player ever, has great positional versatility, sick freak athletic ability,epic IQ and the physique of the Mailman, it's enabled him to age in a way we've never seen before. Bron and Russ are doing what I thought they would do. AD is THE ONE who needs to amp it up.

HoopsNY
12-24-2021, 09:19 PM
Early Cleveland LeBron wasn't as smart of a player as peak LeBron or LeBron circa 2015-2018. Much smarter player who didn't have to rely solely on athleticism and passing. He turned into a smart scorer, elite playmaker, and a better leader. I'd say he evolved a lot.