PDA

View Full Version : Adam Silver "This virus will not be eradicated, so we have to learn to live with it.

Im so nba'd out
12-22-2021, 01:30 AM
i knew it! They are going to just allow people to play with covid eventually. Its just a matter of time. I FKING KNEW IT MAN. They are going to quietly and systematically get rid of the protocols one by one. 1st they are going to start letting players who are asymptomatic just play regardless.2nd they are going to stop with the multiple test and only test you if you feel ill. 3rd and final they are just going to allow you to play at your discretion. if other players get sick they are just going to say "they knew the risk of playing in a contact sport"

all this bs was for nothing.The second they let fans in i knew all of this was bs. You know how many fans in the front row have fake vax cards??? do you even have any idea...and the players run right next to them all game and bump into them all game.

all this was for fking show!!!!!!! and accomplished nothing!!!!

Full Court
12-22-2021, 08:05 AM
He's right. I've been saying this since around April of 2020.

No_Control
12-22-2021, 08:31 AM
I mean at some point you have to plod on an accept that this thing isn't going to just vaporize into obseclence. Viruses mutate... It's what they do. If it ain't omicron, it'll be a different mutation. We can't continue stalling our livelihoods over a virus that has proven to not be as lethal as initially assumed, much less when vaccinated.

r15mohd
12-22-2021, 09:37 AM
that's some excessive hyperbole OP ... isnt the vax rate in the NBA upwards of 90%? pretty sure that's the main reason players/staff can simply play with the virus being around and not have to worry over protocols involved. it's not some random decision you'd like it to be and trying to make it an 'i told you so' revelation :lol

vax is doing it's job and the effects assumed by being vax is playing out by allowing society to get back to forms of normalcy, NBA playing on was expected under this. hate to break it to you

Manny98
12-22-2021, 09:39 AM
99.9%

r15mohd
12-22-2021, 09:41 AM
He's right. I've been saying this since around April of 2020.

care to tell us which user ID you were back in Apr'20 ... you know, just for validations sake :roll:

Bronbron23
12-22-2021, 09:46 AM
that's some excessive hyperbole OP ... isnt the vax rate in the NBA upwards of 90%? pretty sure that's the main reason players/staff can simply play with the virus being around and not have to worry over protocols involved. it's not some random decision you'd like it to be and trying to make it an 'i told you so' revelation :lol

vax is doing it's job and the effects assumed by being vax is playing out by allowing society to get back to forms of normalcy, NBA playing on was expected under this. hate to break it to you

Nah it's b.s. nba players are the healthiest of the healthy. They don't even need the vax. How many athletes have died from covid since the beginning of it?

r15mohd
12-22-2021, 09:57 AM
Nah it's b.s. nba players are the healthiest of the healthy. They don't even need the vax. How many athletes have died from covid since the beginning of it?

as much as you play oblivious to it, this isnt only about the athletes...we know they are less susceptible to impact from the virus. however, what is not bs is how easily that same athlete can transmit the disease unknowingly, especially to those who are prone to being impacted heavily from it. the vax helps reduce that spread, and increases there overall ability to combat the virus if for some reason they were to contract it.

Bronbron23
12-22-2021, 10:12 AM
as much as you play oblivious to it, this isnt only about the athletes...we know they are less susceptible to impact from the virus. however, what is not bs is how easily that same athlete can transmit the disease unknowingly, especially to those who are prone to being impacted heavily from it. the vax helps reduce that spread, and increases there overall ability to combat the virus if for some reason they were to contract it.

That's a terrible argument and it's one That's made too often. Everyone can transmit the virus including the vaccinated. People are still holding on to this belief that the vaccines are effective in controlling the spread and they clearly aren't. How much more evidence do you need until you accept this?

Yes in trials the vaccines show that they reduce transmission some, compared to not being vaccinated but this is irrelevant given that it's still not effective at all at controlling the spread. What's it matter if it's better than the other option but it still sucks?

This belief that you qnd others have is one of the main reasons why this thing is spreading the way that it is. You think you can't spread it because your vaxxed so you go about life in general spreading this thing everywhere.

Maybe not you specifically just vaxxed people in general.

r15mohd
12-22-2021, 10:50 AM
That's a terrible argument and it's one That's made too often. Everyone can transmit the virus including the vaccinated. People are still holding on to this belief that the vaccines are effective in controlling the spread and they clearly aren't. How much more evidence do you need until you accept this?

Yes in trials the vaccines show that they reduce transmission some, compared to not being vaccinated but this is irrelevant given that it's still not effective at all at controlling the spread. What's it matter if it's better than the other option but it still sucks?

This belief that you qnd others have is one of the main reasons why this thing is spreading the way that it is. You think you can't spread it because your vaxxed so you go about life in general spreading this thing everywhere.

Maybe not you specifically just vaxxed people in general.

far from a terrible argument - that's just your take. you prove my point in contradicting your own argument - "it's irrelevant" even though proven :rolleyes:

you say evidence proves vax doesnt help control the spread, yet we have many more confirming studies that it does - some showing as high as 40% reduction in transmission if vax.

as for the latter of that statement on better or worse option, here's why it is relevant: vax helps reduce spread ... being vax helps prevent catching covid ... and say you somehow are apart of the breakthrough if you are vax, it exponentially prevents you from dying as to those who are non-vax and who we see succumbing to death primarily from COVID today.

so if being vax do all these things, not perfectly, but does all these positives toward COVID, how does it suck?

Bronbron23
12-22-2021, 12:51 PM
far from a terrible argument - that's just your take. you prove my point in contradicting your own argument - "it's irrelevant" even though proven :rolleyes:

you say evidence proves vax doesnt help control the spread, yet we have many more confirming studies that it does - some showing as high as 40% reduction in transmission if vax.

as for the latter of that statement on better or worse option, here's why it is relevant: vax helps reduce spread ... being vax helps prevent catching covid ... and say you somehow are apart of the breakthrough if you are vax, it exponentially prevents you from dying as to those who are non-vax and who we see succumbing to death primarily from COVID today.

so if being vax do all these things, not perfectly, but does all these positives toward COVID, how does it suck?

No man i didn't say it sucks in general just that it sucks at reducing qnd controlling the spread. Just because something is better than something else it dosn't mean it dosn't suck also lol. That's basically your argument qnd it's q terrible one. It has to significantly reduce it and reduce it to the point of being able to somewhat control the spread otherwise all your doing is prolonging the inevitable which leads to numerous shut downs which leads to tons of deaths injuries qnd mental health issues in itself.

Plus i don't think you understood my point about the spread. Yes in controlled studies the vaccine shows better protection qgainst the spread but in the real world this dosn't translate for obvious reasons.
One being when you vaccinated your less likely to know it because there's no symptoms so your more likely to go to places where there's lots if people like work, restaurants and games.
The other is the unvaccinated aren't allowed in most of these places anyway so clearly it's the vaxxed spreading it at these places.

As far as deaths and hospitalizations i agree for the most part. That's why those in high risk groups should absolutely take the vaccine. However Making low risk groups take the vaccines because it's effecting high risk groups makes little sense given the vaccines aren't effective in controlling the spread.

FultzNationRISE
12-22-2021, 12:55 PM
care to tell us which user ID you were back in Apr'20 ... you know, just for validations sake :roll:

:roll:

r15mohd
12-22-2021, 04:11 PM
No man i didn't say it sucks in general just that it sucks at reducing qnd controlling the spread. Just because something is better than something else it dosn't mean it dosn't suck also lol. That's basically your argument qnd it's q terrible one. It has to significantly reduce it and reduce it to the point of being able to somewhat control the spread otherwise all your doing is prolonging the inevitable which leads to numerous shut downs which leads to tons of deaths injuries qnd mental health issues in itself.

Plus i don't think you understood my point about the spread. Yes in controlled studies the vaccine shows better protection against the spread but in the real world this dosn't translate for obvious reasons.
One being when you vaccinated your less likely to know it because there's no symptoms so your more likely to go to places where there's lots if people like work, restaurants and games.
The other is the unvaccinated aren't allowed in most of these places anyway so clearly it's the vaxxed spreading it at these places.

As far as deaths and hospitalizations i agree for the most part. That's why those in high risk groups should absolutely take the vaccine. However Making low risk groups take the vaccines because it's effecting high risk groups makes little sense given the vaccines aren't effective in controlling the spread.

well part reason it 'sucks' to your indication is due to the vax rate overall - and that's the key here, if more ppl are vax the less likely the spread and dilemmas we're seeing now with the lockdowns, etc. your statement of controlling and reducing significantly would alos hold true if we had the higher rate of vax (assuming you're in the US), and prime example of it doing so in real world scenarios are in high vax countries like the UAE where this method is making everyday life normal again (I just returned from the F1 race in Abu Dhabi and the changes from when I visited a few yrs back to now, other than architecture, are for travel and mask mandates from some businesses - and even cleaner than before, Singapore like in that regard)

the non-vax stance for the healthy/younger would just open doors for more mutation into other variants which diminishes any value of a vax for the susceptible folks, not to mention as more intense variants came about, the younger ranges became more susceptible themselves. not a good strategy

meat
12-22-2021, 04:30 PM
There's money to be made. You think they're gonna shut down ANYTHING again.

insight
12-22-2021, 05:23 PM

Plus i don't think you understood my point about the spread. Yes in controlled studies the vaccine shows better protection qgainst the spread but in the real world this dosn't translate for obvious reasons.

We were just discussing this in the other thread. Currently vaccines reduce transmission by roughly 40%, this maybe lower with the Omicron variant but that a huge difference in the amount of people being infected. The 1918 influeza outbreak killed roughly 1/5 of the world population, 50,0000 out of 2 billion people before weaker less deadly variants emerged. That would be the equivalent to 1.5 billion people today.
Just like Influeza in 1918 little is known about Covid 19s origins and why it is transmissable at such a high rate. Scientist still don't understand how this virus became airborne so quickly or how it is mutating so quickly. Must viruses are transmitted by physical contact before they evolve into airborne diseases Covid did not follow this pattern.

Omicron being taken over by a more deadly variant is well within realm of possiblity allowing the virus to circulate freely around the world of 7.5 billion poeple is beyond foolish when we have the science and technology to control the spread.

Mask the Embiid
12-22-2021, 05:37 PM
So wait if u get two negative test in a row u are just cleared to go right back out there and infect people lol this is such a joke.

You dont have to wait the 10 days just to be safe. just luck out and get two negative tests in a row even if you have it......joke!

Dr. Lemon
12-22-2021, 05:38 PM
So wait if u get two negative test in a row u are just cleared to go right back out there and infect people lol this is such a joke.

You dont have to wait the 10 days just to be safe just luck out and get to negative test even if you have it......joke!

How do you "luck out" and get two negative tests in row?

Mask the Embiid
12-22-2021, 05:40 PM
How do you "luck out" and get two negative tests in row?

wtf are you talking about.... Magic johnson can take a hiv test right now and have it show up negative two times....even though he still has it

wake the fk up those test are not 100% accurate. These dudes are in peak physical fking condition...They can have such a low amount of it in their system just from being insanely healthy that they show up negative on the test....and go right back to the court and spread it to others

USE COMMON SENSE

r15mohd
12-22-2021, 05:41 PM

You dont have to wait the 10 days just to be safe. just luck out and get two negative tests in a row even if you have it......joke!

i think i saw on twitter it was mentioned to be 5 consecutive neg tests over the same timeframe

Dr. Lemon
12-22-2021, 05:41 PM
wtf are you talking about.... Magic johnson can take a hiv test right now and have it show up negative two times....even though he still has it

wake the fk up those test are not 100% accurate

Covid isn't AIDS you f*cking moron.

Magic Johnson has had his viral load dissipated almost completely due to the medication he's been on for a long number of years.

Mask the Embiid
12-22-2021, 05:43 PM
i think i saw on twitter it was mentioned to be 5 consecutive neg tests over the same timeframe

ramona shelburne said 2. i could be wrong

Mask the Embiid
12-22-2021, 05:44 PM
Covid isn't AIDS you f*cking moron.

Magic Johnson has had his viral load dissipated almost completely due to the medication he's been on for a long number of years.

a virus is a virus....no test is 100% accurate you fly-infested pile of dog feces

people get false positives and false negatives all the fking time u dumb ****

Dr. Lemon
12-22-2021, 05:48 PM
a virus is a virus....no test is 100% accurate you fly-infested pile of dog feces

The analogy you "attempted" to make comparing a covid false negative to Magic Johnson testing negative for AIDS (when he's specifically been on medication for years to lower his viral load) makes ZERO sense.

But you would understand that if you had a brain larger than a peanut.

Proctor
12-22-2021, 05:49 PM

people get false positives and false negatives all the fking time u dumb ****
Be easy on Loney...it's been a rough week for him here...:roll:

Dr. Lemon
12-22-2021, 05:52 PM
Be easy on Loney...it's been a rough week for him here...:roll:

Oh look, the loser with no friends and no life wants more attention.

Mask the Embiid
12-22-2021, 05:52 PM
The analogy you "attempted" to make comparing a covid false negative to Magic Johnson testing negative for AIDS (when he's specifically been on medication for years to lower his viral load) makes ZERO sense.

But you would understand that if you had a brain larger than a peanut.

It makes perfect sense these dudes have been running their whole lives and eating right their whole lives. they have some of the best immune systems in the world. So its pretty much similiar seeimg how hiv is much much much more deadly!!!! jackass

o just shut up already :oldlol: and magic johnson has hiv not aids you piece of crap

r15mohd
12-22-2021, 05:53 PM
ramona shelburne said 2. i could be

5 days was for Irving being unvax .... 2 consecutive are for vax, im assuming

"Once a player has a positive test for COVID-19, 10 days must pass since the first positive and at least 24 hours must have passed since a fever broke. The player must return at least two negative PCR test results from samples collected at least 24 hours apart."
Link: https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/bulls/heres-all-you-need-know-nbas-health-and-safety-protocols-0

"Irving will need five consecutive days of negative tests to practice with the team, after which point he will be tested every day as an unvaccinated player."
Link: https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2021/12/18/kevin-durant-nets-coronavirus-protocols/

insight
12-22-2021, 05:53 PM

wake the fk up those test are not 100% accurate. These dudes are in peak physical fking condition...They can have such a low amount of it in their system just from being insanely healthy that they show up negative on the test....and go right back to the court and spread it to others

USE COMMON SENSE

Bad example, onnce your infected with HIV, it doesn't go away plus it's only transmited through blood, semen it's no airborne. Magic had to retire from basketball while they understood fully how the disease was transmitted. Then the NBA implemented blood safety protocols that are still in effect today. Back in the day if somebody had a bloody nose, or a cut nobody was stopping the game they just played on.

Proctor
12-22-2021, 05:54 PM
Oh look, the loser with no friends and no life wants attention.
Oh look, the loser who made their umpteenth alt pretending to be Don Lemon but got bored and then slipped up who they were like an idiot

Nice life Lonely

Dr. Lemon
12-22-2021, 05:56 PM
Oh look, the loser who made their umpteenth alt pretending to be Don Lemon but got bored and then slipped up who they were like an idiot

Nice life Lonely

Your projection is painful.

Your entire life is this website. It's so f*cking sad.

Proctor
12-22-2021, 05:59 PM
Your projection is painful.

Your entire life is this website. It's so f*cking sad.
You have 17,000 posts on Loney alone...and that's to say nothing of your gimmick accounts or TommyGriffin.

Now that's f*cking sad. Likely double or triple my count lmao

I've talked to you too much on here, you can't fool me and you have a low IQ. Nets, Lakers, UFC and random attacks at Chewing and Starface illustrate exactly which incel you are.

Dr. Lemon
12-22-2021, 06:03 PM
This no-life incel really thinks he's doing some kind of alt investigation. :oldlol: :oldlol:

THIS IS HIS LIFE.

What a pathetic, pathetic individual.

Proctor
12-22-2021, 06:07 PM
This no-life incel really thinks he's doing some kind of alt investigation. :oldlol: :oldlol:

THIS IS HIS LIFE.

What a pathetic, pathetic individual.
Didn't need to...Starface was 90% there when he said Facepalm but he had the wrong incel.

Go back to Clutchfans...you're embarrassing yourself again and I don't want to see you ditch this account too...I want to laugh in your face again in the playoffs :facepalm

Dr. Lemon
12-22-2021, 06:09 PM
"I've talked to you too much on here..."

Proceeds to respond IMMEDIATELY. :oldlol: :oldlol:

You crave human contact so bad it's painful. Everything about you just oozes incel.

Proctor
12-22-2021, 06:12 PM
"I've talked to you too much on here..."

Proceeds to respond IMMEDIATELY. :oldlol: :oldlol:

You crave human contact so bad it's painful. Everything about you just oozes incel.
"I've talked to you too much on here"...as in, I know it's you, Loney. Just relax. No need to be upset. :lol

Glad to you have you back. If Harden can ever get in shape again we will have plenty of fun

Dr. Lemon
12-22-2021, 06:14 PM
This incel can't stop responding. He desperately wants me to be an old poster who use to give him some time of day in the past.

No, I'm just here to call you the painfully pathetic loser that you are. It is what is.

meat
12-22-2021, 07:00 PM
All of you actually are acting like you wanna get a homo orgy goin 24/7. Go for it.

Full Court
12-22-2021, 08:56 PM

Lol, good one. :roll:

I meant I was saying it in conversation. With, you know, real people. Not here on ISH. So no way to validate. I guess you'll have to take my word for it.