PDA

View Full Version : Lakers were out-assisted 14 to 4 by Suns in 2nd half when game was won

3ba11
12-22-2021, 06:40 AM
Stats here (https://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/202112210LAL.html) - so the Suns won by moving the ball, while the Lakers lost by dominating the ball.

That's literally what happened.. That's how a team loses with 34 and 20 from the 1st and 2nd option.

Lebron's lower jumpshooting volume/ability (ball-dominance) reduces his team's capacity for ball movement and a good brand that can excel on the Finals level (4/10 including 2 teammate bailouts).

Carry on

SATAN
12-22-2021, 07:18 AM
You didn't watch the game.

3ba11
12-22-2021, 07:22 AM

James Worthy agrees:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MAS5QQ3s40c&t=02m55s

Lebron never evolved out of offenses that revolved around him - he never learned how to involve teammates more than making them spot-up shooters, so he never learned to WIN (organic), and only learned to team-hop

SATAN
12-22-2021, 07:25 AM

3ba11
12-22-2021, 08:02 AM

Robert Horry did:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CrhszYS__F0&t=01m24s

Lebron never evolved out of offenses that revolved around him - he never learned how to involve teammates more than making them spot-up shooters (no elevation), so he never learned to WIN (organic), and only learned to team-hop

RRR3
12-22-2021, 08:05 AM
Snivelball

StrongLurk
12-22-2021, 10:50 AM
Lakers didn't get assists because most of their players couldn't make any shots, even wide open ones.

TheCorporation
12-22-2021, 11:01 AM

TheCorporation
12-22-2021, 11:05 AM
Lakers didn't get assists because most of their players couldn't make any shots, even wide open ones.

I wonder if OP even knows Horton, IT, and Rondo were a combined 2 for 26...I wonder if OP even knows you don't get an assist if your teammate misses the shot :lol

He didn't watch the game

Airupthere
12-22-2021, 11:08 AM
Yeah, I agree that was a bad shooting night. THT taking so many shots that wont drop.

But still, we were led to believe lebron only needed the ball to win. Lol, so no excuses. All on you “chosen one”.

3ba11
12-22-2021, 11:27 AM
I wonder if OP even knows Horton, IT, and Rondo were a combined 2 for 26...I wonder if OP even knows you don't get an assist if your teammate misses the shot :lol

He didn't watch the game

Westbrook provided more playmaking and production than peak Pippen, so Lebron had enough help to win.

Furthermore, ball movement like the Warriors or 14' Spurs has always gotten better looks for teammates than ball-dominance (lebron).. In rhythm, unrushed, wide open looks.

Ultimately, teammates will always shoot poorly when the offense revolves around 1 player.. Lebron never evolved out of offenses that revolved around him - he never learned how to involve teammates more than making them spot-up shooters (no elevation), so he never learned to WIN (organic), and only learned to team-hop

Dr. Lemon
12-22-2021, 02:37 PM
OP isn't the real 3ball.

3ba11
12-22-2021, 02:47 PM
Lakers didn't get assists because

Time of Possession (hold-time) vs Suns

Westbrook.... 6.2 minutes
Lebron.......... 5.7 minutes

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches/?Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&LastNGames=1&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1

^^^ ball-dominance kills ball movement.

As usual, Lebron started at forward but became a 2nd point guard on the floor (2nd player with a point guard hold-time).

Lebron's 2 point guard lineups give teammates less hold-time and assists than they get in traditional 1 point guard lineups, which gives the TEAM low assist rankings and a brand of ball that usually loses on the championship level regardless of cast..

Indeed, the common thread in Lebron's Finals losses is massive deficits in team assists due to his inherently suboptimal frontcourt ball-dominance.

Ne 1
12-22-2021, 03:00 PM
The Lakers are a top 10 team in assists.The problem was that LeBron wasn’t able to play 48 mins. LeBron actually plays a more off-ball gamestyle than usual this year, and if anything, it’s hurting them thats he's not on the ball more.

3ba11
12-22-2021, 03:02 PM
Irony is 3ball telling the truth but for wrong reasons.

He's using this to trash Lebron but posters who've dug up his past showed that he hated Spurs and was rooting for Miami. We all know he hates Steph (claimed Jordan was better shooter) and Klay (claimed Oubre was a better player).

The end of Game 6 in the 13' Finals is one of the few NBA moments where I remember where I was.

The other one was ironically the Blazers losing a 15 point fourth quarter lead to the Lakers in 2000 - I was really cheering against Kobe back then and actually for Pippen because the news was more honest - no one was reporting that Pippen was someone that Jordan "needed" like they do now.

Ne 1
12-22-2021, 03:06 PM
Time of Possession (hold-time) vs Suns

Westbrook.... 6.2 minutes
Lebron.......... 5.7 minutes

https://www.nba.com/stats/players/touches/?Season=2021-22&SeasonType=Regular%20Season&LastNGames=1&sort=TIME_OF_POSS&dir=1

^^^ ball-dominance kills ball movement.

As usual, Lebron started at forward but became a 2nd point guard on the floor (2nd player with a point guard hold-time).

Lebron's 2 point guard lineups give teammates less hold-time and assists than they get in traditional 1 point guard lineups, which gives the TEAM low assist rankings and a brand of ball that usually loses on the championship level regardless of cast..

Indeed, the common thread in Lebron's Finals losses is massive deficits in team assists due to his inherently suboptimal frontcourt ball-dominance.

He shouldn't be second in handling the rock. For them to be at their very best, he should be first. As I’ve, they are a top 10 ranked assist team. They literally share the rock on average. Sure, one night LeBron didn’t share it as much as usual, and he shouldn't have! His cast was all bricking shots and just like the +/- shows, the biggest difference is that LeBron couldn’t play 48 mins as usual. What’s this about “championship level regardless of cast.” WTF are you even going on about? lmao! Most superstar players dominate the ball throughout NBA history. That’s why they say don't just rely on analytics my guy, try actually watching the game!