PDA

View Full Version : Lakers deserve some slack

StrongLurk
12-22-2021, 03:22 PM
They haven't been close to full strength all season. They lead the league in having different starting lineups (17 so far this year), and Lebron/AD have missed a ton of games. Some of the other rotation players have missed a ton of games, plus covid messing up things for the whole league. Bron/AD haven't played 5 straight games together in over a year. Lakers barely even meet the definition of a "team" because there has been zero progress/chemistry made due to all of the injuries/covid. Also getting rid of Caruso and KCP were always REALLY bad moves.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a elite team fully healthy anyways (probably a 3-4 seed at best). In fact, this team is not fun to watch because they are old as hell and play with no intensity. Also Westbrook USED to be a good player and fun to watch, but seeing him play at this stage in his career is tough to watch. Really though, it's weird to watch the Lebron haters comment on this team because they act like everyone has been healthy all year and act like all these washed up players are still in their primes lol.

RRR3
12-22-2021, 03:29 PM
They haven't been close to full strength all season. They lead the league in having different starting lineups (17 so far this year), and Lebron/AD have missed a ton of games. Some of the other rotation players have missed a ton of games, plus covid messing up things for the whole league. Bron/AD haven't played 5 straight games together in over a year. Lakers barely even meet the definition of a "team" because there has been zero progress/chemistry made due to all of the injuries/covid. Also getting rid of Caruso and KCP were always REALLY bad moves.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a elite team fully healthy anyways (probably a 3-4 seed at best). In fact, this team is not fun to watch because they are old as hell and play with no intensity. Also Westbrook USED to be a good player and fun to watch, but seeing him play at this stage in his career is tough to watch. Really though, it's weird to watch the Lebron haters comment on this team because they act like everyone has been healthy all year and act like all these washed up players are still in their primes lol.
Not only is LeBron not allowed to play with anyone who is currently good, he's not allowed to play with anyone who was EVER good, even if they're trash now. LeBron haters are the stupidest people on earth.

outofstomach
12-22-2021, 03:32 PM

Don't get me wrong, I don't think this is a elite team fully healthy anyways (probably a 3-4 seed at best). In fact, this team is not fun to watch because they are old as hell and play with no intensity. Also Westbrook USED to be a good player and fun to watch, but seeing him play at this stage in his career is tough to watch. Really though, it's weird to watch the Lebron haters comment on this team because they act like everyone has been healthy all year and act like all these washed up players are still in their primes lol.people are “hating” because he talked shit about “keep that same energy” and “oh yeah i agree this won’t work” on IG, shamelessly colluding, and lo and behold the team is dog shit just like everyone said it would be.

RogueBorg
12-22-2021, 03:32 PM
Not only is LeBron not allowed to play with anyone who is currently good, he's not allowed to play with anyone who was EVER good, even if they're trash now. LeBron haters are the stupidest people on earth.

https://media3.giphy.com/media/mqGplOH4I560g/giphy.gif

Currently playing with 5 future Hall of Famers and 3 75th Anniversary teammates (should be 4), but they were NEVER good.....riiiiiight.

StrongLurk
12-22-2021, 03:37 PM
people are “hating” because he talked shit about “keep that same energy” and “oh yeah i agree this won’t work” on IG, shamelessly colluding, and lo and behold the team is dog shit just like everyone said it would be.

The Lakers have sucked this year mostly due to injuries/covid though...it's not like AD/Lebron are playing terribly, and we all knew Westbrook was a bad signing because he is a shell of his former self. It's just weird to see specifically LEBRON haters talking so much shit when Lebron himself is playing well.

Airupthere
12-22-2021, 03:40 PM
So lebron was never allowed to play with anyone good? Say that again? Lol

meat
12-22-2021, 04:00 PM
I understand their dilemma but it's still fun to watch. Not ACTUALLY watch. That's not fun at all.

Johnny32
12-22-2021, 04:20 PM

lol rekt.

SATAN
12-22-2021, 06:46 PM
LeBron haters are the stupidest people on earth.

They really are.

paksat
12-22-2021, 07:32 PM
the only reason westbrook was signed was so lebronze would have someone to blame, everyone including bronze knew he was past his prime. He's only there so bronze can once again claim he has no help, that's probably the only reason a number of players are there including Melo, "well I had all these super stars and none of them did shit."

Spurs m8
12-22-2021, 07:34 PM
Lol no one feels sorry for LeEntitled

He doesn't respect the league, no one respects him, the clown can get fvcked

Full Court
12-22-2021, 09:00 PM
The Lakers were preseason favorites. They are the most stacked team in the league (except for the Nets). Three current all stars (Lebron, AD, and Westbrook).

They get no slack.

Thenameless
12-22-2021, 09:45 PM
No, we don't deserve any slack.

The team was built around the idea of having three superstars, even with a poor fit. We also built around more offense, while sacrificing defense when we have a coach who is known more for defense. Lastly, we built around aging stars with big names, instead of having a healthy mix of veterans and youth.

None of these three gambles have worked out. It could have worked, but so far it has been abject failure. 0.500 is not where you want to be when you're deep in the luxury tax.

I've never really thought I was smarter than an actual NBA GM, but a lot of us could see the Westbrook train wreck coming from miles away.

Now, it'll look bad on the organization if we trade him away mid-season (Lakers are supposed to take care of their own). But, if I had a chance I'd pull the trigger on Westbrook. I know he's supposed to be better in the second half of the season, once he's acclimated to his new team, but I still don't like our chances with him if we get to the playoffs - mistakes are punished more severely in the playoffs, and this guy is a walking turnover.

Spurs m8
12-22-2021, 09:46 PM
The Lakers were preseason favorites. They are the most stacked team in the league (except for the Nets). Three current all stars (Lebron, AD, and Westbrook).

They get no slack.

Exactly lol

The stans were on the championship cruise and all.

Then bron ball happened....again

Full Court
12-22-2021, 10:13 PM
No, we don't deserve any slack.

The team was built around the idea of having three superstars, even with a poor fit. We also built around more offense, while sacrificing defense when we have a coach who is known more for defense. Lastly, we built around aging stars with big names, instead of having a healthy mix of veterans and youth.

None of these three gambles have worked out. It could have worked, but so far it has been abject failure. 0.500 is not where you want to be when you're deep in the luxury tax.

I've never really thought I was smarter than an actual NBA GM, but a lot of us could see the Westbrook train wreck coming from miles away.

Now, it'll look bad on the organization if we trade him away mid-season (Lakers are supposed to take care of their own). But, if I had a chance I'd pull the trigger on Westbrook. I know he's supposed to be better in the second half of the season, once he's acclimated to his new team, but I still don't like our chances with him if we get to the playoffs - mistakes are punished more severely in the playoffs, and this guy is a walking turnover.

This is a very intelligent post.

I agree that they should probably launch Westbrook. Or trade Lebron, since he'll have a higher trade value. I don't see them doing either though, so this season will probably end up being a write-off.

StrongLurk
12-22-2021, 10:27 PM

They get no slack.

Except AD/Lebron have missed a ton of games, and Westbrook is clearly not an all star level player. Also the rest of the team has missed tons of games due to injury/covid.

So your post is exactly the type of post I am referencing. You are acting like they have three top ten players all in their primes playing every game this season when Lebron/AD have been hurt a lot, and we all know Westbrook is a shell of his former self.

Full Court
12-22-2021, 10:28 PM
Except AD/Lebron have missed a ton of games, and Westbrook is clearly not an all star level player. Also the rest of the team has missed tons of games due to injury/covid.

So your post is exactly the type of post I am referencing. You are acting like they have three top ten players all in their primes playing every game this season when Lebron/AD have been hurt a lot, and we all know Westbrook is a shell of his former self.

I hear what you're saying.

But I still give them no slack.

StrongLurk
12-22-2021, 10:30 PM
I hear what you're saying.

But I still give them no slack.

Also the Nets were preseason favorites, not the Lakers.

Okay great, don't give them slack and just say you are a hater and your posts are worthless because they aren't objective at all.

Cyrus334
12-22-2021, 10:43 PM

Was this not the biggest concern people had with this Laker team going into the season alongside the Russ fit? People weren't just making old jokes for memes and laughs, availability was a huge question mark regarding this team heading into the season and to the surprise of no one, they've had the most in and out players/line ups in the league. Granted, part of that was cuz of COVID but every team is dealing with that so that's not exclusive for the Lakers.

Full Court
12-22-2021, 10:55 PM
Also the Nets were preseason favorites, not the Lakers.

Okay great, don't give them slack and just say you are a hater and your posts are worthless because they aren't objective at all.

There are 70-something players in the NBA with COVID. It's affected everybody, not just the Lakers.

Kyrie Irving has been out the entire year because New York has an idiotic law.

Nuggets have Murray and MPJ out injured. Klay Thompson has been out all year. Bulls had multiple games get postponed because they didn't even have enough players to field a team.

Morant is out with a long term injury, and the Grizzlies are crushing it. And I could go on and on.

So no, the Lakers shouldn't get any slack. They have no excuse for sucking as bad as they do. That's not bias, it's reasonable opinion.

StrongLurk
12-22-2021, 10:59 PM
There are 70-something players in the NBA with COVID. It's affected everybody, not just the Lakers.

Kyrie Irving has been out the entire year because New York has an idiotic law.

Nuggets have Murray and MPJ out injured. Klay Thompson has been out all year. Bull had multiple games get postponed because they didn't even have enough players to field a team.

So no, the Lakers shouldn't get any slack. They have no excuse for sucking as bad as they do. That's not bias, it's reasonable opinion.

Lol Murray/MPJ are no where near as good as Lebron/AD. The Nuggets also suck, yet no one on this site is shit talking Jokic daily...only the Lebron haters are ignoring context and trying to act like it's Lebron's fault the Lakers aren't good.

How are injuries NOT an excuse for a team not playing well? Again, the Lakers have had the MOST starting lineup changes in the league this year, and a few of their players came into the season injured.

I'd like to see how well the Bulls would've done with MJ/Pippen missing a ton of games, or how the Warriors would have done with Curry/Klay both missing games, which we actually did see and they were bottom of the league.

Idk even know why I'm bothering to respond to you. You just hate Lebron so nothing he does will be good in your eyes.

Johnny32
12-22-2021, 11:11 PM

They get no slack.

lewrong. nets were.

Full Court
12-22-2021, 11:12 PM
I'd like to see how well the Bulls would've done with MJ/Pippen missing a ton of games, or how the Warriors would have done with Curry/Klay both missing games, which we actually did see and they were bottom of the league.

Pippen missed the first 35 games of the 97-98 season. Bulls won the championship.

outofstomach
12-22-2021, 11:20 PM
Pippen missed the first 35 games of the 97-98 season. Bulls won the championship.

:lol

StrongLurk
12-22-2021, 11:57 PM

I'm aware, but apparently you can't read well since I asked with if MJ and Pippen both missed a bunch of games...yeh Bulls wouldn't do shit.

Full Court
12-23-2021, 12:01 AM
I'm aware, but apparently you can't read well since I asked with if MJ and Pippen both missed a bunch of games...yeh Bulls wouldn't do shit.

Lebron's missed a handful.

Lakers are .500 right now. WITH Lebron they are 11-9. HUGE difference there buddy.

Spurs m8
12-23-2021, 12:06 AM
4th highest salaries in the league

And LeMoreHelp still can't get it done

Can only beat lottery teams

LeGM and LeEntitled :bowdown:

StrongLurk
12-24-2021, 09:01 AM
Lebron's missed a handful.

Lakers are .500 right now. WITH Lebron they are 11-9. HUGE difference there buddy.

Bro, AD and plenty of other Lakers have missed games, what do you not understand about this? It's not just Lebron, it's AD and basically everyone on that team. The Lakers continue to have the most starting lineup changes in the NBA, ever wonder why? Did you just see the team the Lakers had playing today outside of Bron/Westbrook? A bunch of old washed players: Jordan, Dwight, IT, Rondo, and a bunch of g-leaguers lol.

I won't be surprised if the NBA has to shut down more games coming up.

nayte
12-24-2021, 09:12 AM
Why give anyone slack. Every team is dealing with that shit atm. The lakers don't have the most changes because of covid wtf.

StrongLurk
12-24-2021, 09:16 AM
Why give anyone slack. Every team is dealing with that shit atm. The lakers don't have the most changes because of covid wtf.

I am mostly talking about injuries. Again, Lakers lead the league in different starting lineups because a third of their squad is injured at any given time.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expected this Lakers team to not be that good. They are way too old for the current NBA and even if fully healthy, they are probably a four seed at best in the West.

nayte
12-24-2021, 09:19 AM
I am mostly talking about injuries. Again, Lakers lead the league in different starting lineups because a third of their squad is injured at any given time.

Don't get me wrong, I fully expected this Lakers team to not be that good. They are way too old for the current NBA and even if fully healthy, they are probably a four seed at best in the West.

Your op is lakers deserve some slack. They recruited the team and you said they wouldn't be that good.im just asking why do they deserve slack

Baller789
12-24-2021, 09:28 AM
Your op is lakers deserve some slack. They recruited the team and you said they wouldn't be that good.im just asking why do they deserve slack

They deserve some slack cuz you know... Mercy?

Manny98
12-24-2021, 09:33 AM
No excuse, Lakers are the most stacked team in the league, anything less than a championship would be a disappoinment

Robalvarez2010
12-24-2021, 09:38 AM

There are so many teams that are missing key players due to injury and safety protocol and are still winning. For example, the Heat are playing without Bam, Butler, Oladipo and other key players and are still winning. Golden State are missing Klay, and Wiseman and have the second best record in the NBA. Brooklyn Nets are missing Irvin and other key players and are sitting in 1st place in the east. There is no excuse for the lakers to lose against teams below 500 like Oklahoma, San Antonio ect.

nayte
12-24-2021, 09:43 AM
They deserve some slack cuz you know... Mercy?

Every team has injuries and dudes in covid protocols . Plenty worse then the lakers. The Bulls for example and the bloody nets bucks.geez it goes on.I just don't get it

ZenMaster7210
12-24-2021, 06:05 PM
Exactly lol

The stans were on the championship cruise and all.

Then bron ball happened....again

:oldlol::pimp::roll:

BigShotBob
12-24-2021, 08:20 PM
Every team has injuries and dudes in covid protocols . Plenty worse then the lakers. The Bulls for example and the bloody nets bucks.geez it goes on.I just don't get it

They deserve slack because Lebron is on the team. That's why.

Also the Lakers have had the easiest schedule in the league designed to give them an early head start and they're still losing....

Jasper
12-24-2021, 08:46 PM

at least they can run down the court and look like they are interested ..:confusedshrug:

/

Thenameless
12-24-2021, 09:48 PM
This is a very intelligent post.

I agree that they should probably launch Westbrook. Or trade Lebron, since he'll have a higher trade value. I don't see them doing either though, so this season will probably end up being a write-off.

Thank you. For sure, dump Westbrook in the off-season if you can't get a trade for him mid-season. You can trade him for another bad player on a bad contract that would fit better with what we need.

One thing about trading Lebron though, is that he represents a lot more than just his on-court numbers and overall ability. I didn't agree with overpaying for Kobe in his twilight years either, but I understand why they did it. Sacrificing a few years outside of the playoffs in order to keep your long term cache with superstars is the correct long term move. It hurt when Lamarcus Aldridge became a free agent, and didn't even give the Lakers the time for a meeting (choosing instead to go to the Spurs). To this day, I'm glad the Lakers didn't sign him this last off-season, because I want to meet the Nets in the Finals, and I want to beat them with him on the team. But, I digress. We may not have gotten Aldridge, but eventually we go an even bigger fish in Lebron. Because Lebron knows how the Lakers treat their superstars (Kareem, Magic, Kobe, etc.). And getting Lebron led to Davis. And then the Championship.

Now, we may have to live with an expensive Lebron in his twilight years, but you can't GM like a computer algorithm. If Lebron is treated with the respect he deserves the next few years, when the young bucks like Ja Morant, Trae Young, etc eventually hit free agency, they'll take note.

Merry Christmas Everyone.