PDA

View Full Version : Which is the better standard for determining the better playoff scorer?

theman93
12-23-2021, 11:14 AM
Points/game

or

The % difference in total points scored being greater than the % difference in points/game

Baller789
12-23-2021, 11:20 AM
Points/game

or

The % difference in total points scored being greater than the % difference in points/game
Hopefully some of the more reputable posters reply to this post. But we all know what would probably happen. :lol

Airupthere
12-23-2021, 11:25 AM
The %difference in total points is at least in the same (+/-) direction as the %difference in points/game right?

theman93
12-23-2021, 11:37 AM
The %difference in total points is at least in the same direction as the %difference in points/game right?

I'll give you an example:

Jeff Hornacek has a playoff ppg average of 14.9, whereas Tracy McGrady has a playoff ppg average of 22.2. The % difference in their playoff ppg average is 39.4%.

Jeff Hornacek has a playoff point total of 2,092, whereas Tracy McGrady has a playoff point total of 1,109. The % difference in their playoff point total is 61.4%.

Because the % difference in playoff point total (61.4%) is greater than the % difference in ppg average (39.4%), Hornacek is the better playoff scorer than McGrady.

Agree or disagree?

And is that a better standard to use than points/game to determine who the better playoff scorer is?

1987_Lakers
12-23-2021, 11:45 AM
I don't think any serious person considers LeBron a better scorer than peak Jordan.

The difference is LeBron has had a better scoring #2 option for most of his career so he didn't have to carry the scoring load as much. But it's no coincidence that his two playoff runs where he scored the most were 2009 & 2018, two years where his cast was underwhelming to say the least, 35 ppg & 34 ppg, there is no doubt he is an all-time great scorer, along with having great responsibility as a scorer, LeBron also had the responsibility of creating for others on a consistent basis, something MJ didn't have to do as much.

SouBeachTalents
12-23-2021, 12:01 PM
I don't think any serious person considers LeBron a better scorer than peak Jordan.

The difference is LeBron has had a better scoring #2 option for most of his career so he didn't have to carry the scoring load as much. But it's no coincidence that his two playoff runs where he scored the most were 2009 & 2018, two years where his cast was underwhelming to say the least, 35 ppg & 34 ppg, there is no doubt he is an all-time great scorer, along with having great responsibility as a scorer, LeBron also had the responsibility of creating for others on a consistent basis, something MJ didn't have to do as much.
Just in terms of pure production & efficiency, LeBron’s as good a playoff scorer as anybody besides Jordan. The only other players you could really argue as better than him imo are Durant & West, the latter of whom played in the very fast paced 60’s.

HunterSThompson
12-23-2021, 12:11 PM
wins. because scoring equals wins. if youre losing then you're not scoring enough. do better or learn to play D and rebound

1987_Lakers
12-23-2021, 12:13 PM
wins. because scoring equals wins. if youre losing then you're not scoring enough. do better or learn to play D and rebound

Or play with a peak Shaq.

tpols
12-23-2021, 12:26 PM
There's a lot of factors

Volume
Competition
Help
Efficiency
Timing of scoring (clutch takeover style or in the flow cherrypicking)
Manner of scoring (are you playing in a high level assist system or Westbrooking your production)
Etc.

Its a long qualitative analysis.

ELITEpower23
12-23-2021, 12:32 PM

HunterSThompson
12-23-2021, 12:40 PM
Or play with a peak Shaq.

2005 jokes. step your game up steven

1987_Lakers
12-23-2021, 12:47 PM
2005 jokes. step your game up steven

Nice to see you have me unblocked.

SouBeachTalents
12-23-2021, 12:59 PM
Well 16 ppg on 37% for an entire Finals disagrees with you. As does 23 points on 6/24.

HunterSThompson
12-23-2021, 01:11 PM
Nice to see you have me unblocked.

you're still blocked. I'm just rarely signed in so I have to see your posts

https://i.ibb.co/47sxj1k/Screenshot-20211223-121204-Gallery.jpg

HunterSThompson
12-23-2021, 01:13 PM
Well 16 ppg on 37% for an entire Finals disagrees with you. As does 23 points on 6/24.

if you have to say 16 and not 19 (minus the 2 point injury in the 1st quarter game) then you're shook and know he at the very least was a good 2nd option that saved game 4

you wanna make it seem like he was lebron in the 2011 finals. too bad. Kobe was great as a defender and playmaker and came up clutch.. and he was 21. one year from becoming a top 2 player in the league. it's not like he needed 9 years before he could get the job done

SouBeachTalents
12-23-2021, 01:14 PM
if you have to say 16 and not 19 (minus the 2 point injury in the 1st quarter game) then you're shook
Sorry, 19 on 37%. GOAT tier scoring numbers

HunterSThompson
12-23-2021, 01:20 PM
Sorry, 19 on 37%. GOAT tier scoring numbers

he played on one leg. he was 21 years old. defense was insane back then for perimeter guys. this is the same shit you guys bring up every day for the past 15 years. move on already. players have kobe over lebron and always will so you just gotta grow up and deal with it. let the hate go. kobes legacy isn't summed up by an injured series at an age most guys are coming outa college. Kobe literally won them the real finals vs Portland in game 7

you guys mock kobes finals opponents then worship shaqs finals mvps vs them and trash his percentages in a literal pro bowl

the fact that a 21 year old could carry the Lakers without Shaq past Indiana in a pivital game 4 shows who the Pacers were. Kobe wasn't even a superstar yet lmao

HunterSThompson
12-23-2021, 01:23 PM
would be like the cavs winning the finals in 2006 with big Z as finals mvp and lebron averaging almost 20 and saving a game while playing hurt. people would applaud him for it. instead in lebrons literal prime in 2009, 2010 was literally shitting the bed in the playoffs and he ran to his buddies wade and bosh to finally break through after again dhitting the bed in 2011 with them cause he still wasn't man enough

imagine if game 7 vs Portland and game 4 vs Indiana weren't kobes break out moments as a 21 year old. but instead he waited till like 2006 before he proved he was any good lmao

SouBeachTalents
12-23-2021, 01:24 PM
he played on one leg. he was 21 years old. defense was insane back then for perimeter guys. this is the same shit you guys bring up every day for the past 15 years. move on already. players have kobe over lebron and always will so you just gotta grow up and deal with it. let the hate go. kobes legacy isn't summed up by an injured series at an age most guys are coming outa college. Kobe literally won them the real finals vs Portland in game 7

you guys mock kobes finals opponents then worship shaqs finals mvps vs them and trash his percentages in a literal pro bowl

the fact that a 21 year old could carry the Lakers without Shaq past Indiana in a pivital game 4 shows who the Pacers were. Kobe wasn't even a superstar yet lmao
I honestly wouldn’t even bring it up that often if Kobe stans didn’t constantly spam “5 rangz” as their go to argument. If they want to bring up 5 rings, the context of those rings will be applied.

HunterSThompson
12-23-2021, 01:31 PM
I honestly wouldn’t even bring it up that often if Kobe stans didn’t constantly spam “5 rangz” as their go to argument. If they want to bring up 5 rings, the context of those rings will be applied.

steve/lakers1987/corporation/pipnrodman/8ball .. whatever he calls himself any given day is the one turning every thread into a kobe discussion

I didn't post anything about him till that f*ggot mentioned the shaq thing.

and kobes legacy isn't defined by just his rings.

he has the most defensive awards of all time. even if kobe never scored a damn point or won anything he probly makes the hall of fame just with his all time record 9 first team defensive awards.

forget that he has almost as many 50 point games in one year as lebron has in his career

forget the all time record 24 teams with 50+ wins he took out

forget the 81 point game that with adjusted pace is the highest scoring game ever

forget that kobe has the highest adjusted pace scoring season ever

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?499220-When-Adjusting-for-Pace-Kobe-Bryant-is-the-greatest-scorer-of-all-time

kobe has plenty of other things to bolster his case for legendary status. it ain't all about "rangz"

SouBeachTalents
12-23-2021, 01:35 PM
kobe has plenty of other things to bolster his case for legendary status. it ain't all about "rangz"
I agree, which is why it’s a damn shame so many of his fans decided to turn that aspect of his career into his defining legacy.

HunterSThompson
12-23-2021, 01:48 PM
I agree, which is why it’s a damn shame so many of his fans decided to turn that aspect of his career into his defining legacy.

the same can be said for lebron fans and his roided longevity stats or leastern finals appearances

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 01:55 PM
Way to mislead something that wasn't being discussed: "better playoff scorer", vs something that was: "having more impressive combination of playoff ppg and playoff point total in historical context".
And I see you already included your idiotically desperate Tracy McGrady vs Jeff Hornacek example in an attempt to mislead people, and couldn't have used a Player A vs Player B example:

Player A has a higher point average than Player B
Player B has a higher point total than Player A
The difference in point average Player A has over Player B is 14.23%
The difference in point total Player B has over player A is 21.54%

But even having used a Player A vs Player B example, what exactly is the point of this thread? Is this supposed to be some controlled, bias-free environment? Like it's supposed to be unknown which player OP stans and which one he hates, and what his agenda is?

SouBeachTalents
12-23-2021, 02:00 PM
the same can be said for lebron fans and his roided longevity stats or leastern finals appearances
Honestly, in regards to his stats/longevity records that strikes me more as an ISH LeBron stan argument. And sure, some people bring up his 8 straight Finals/10 appearances, but that’s far from the defining aspect of his legacy.

I shouldn’t blame just Kobe stans though, Jordan stans constantly bring up 6 rangz & 6/6, even though that’s just scratching the surface of Jordan’s greatness.

Bankaii
12-23-2021, 02:06 PM
Points per game is a better representation, but you also have to account for shot attempts and if the player was being guarded by a car mechanic or not.

RogueBorg
12-23-2021, 02:28 PM

So you're going with total points which makes you an idiot, because you also then have to say Hornacek is better playoff scorer than McGrady and Vince Carter since he's scored more total points than either of them.

RogueBorg
12-23-2021, 02:32 PM
If you fall on the total points side, then you must also feel Stockton is a better playoff scorer than Iverson (2,436 to 2,111)

RogueBorg
12-23-2021, 02:35 PM
Way to mislead something that wasn't being discussed: "better playoff scorer", vs something that was: "having more impressive combination of playoff ppg and playoff point total in historical context".
And I see you already included your idiotically desperate Tracy McGrady vs Jeff Hornacek example in an attempt to mislead people, and couldn't have used a Player A vs Player B example:

But even having used a Player A vs Player B example, what exactly is the point of this thread? Is this supposed to be some controlled, bias-free environment? Like it's supposed to be unknown which player OP stans and which one he hates, and what his agenda is?

Look who's talking, you stan and hate-on to meet your agenda on a daily basis.

HunterSThompson
12-23-2021, 02:37 PM
Points per game is a better representation, but you also have to account for shot attempts and if the player was being guarded by a car mechanic or not.

points per game are manipulated by how long they contended and where they were drafted or how long they played, if they had injuries etc...

Bird is far better than his scoring average. so is kobe. even wilt who's 2nd all time shaved a ton off his average to willingly be a playmaker cause he had other scorers. to have a great average you basically have to be drafted to a bottom feeder and have complete control over a franchise later in your career like lebron where he can call his own number and not even care about contending

eye test and player respect plus how many 40/50/60 point games you have while also contributing to wins is how you can tell who the best scorers were

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 03:26 PM
Look who's talking, you stan and hate-on to meet your agenda on a daily basis.

You have a spam message saved on your desktop that is a manifest of your hatred, and that you copy-paste and spam on this forum.

GrayGoat
12-23-2021, 03:29 PM

Kobe averaged 24ppg in the finals and playoffs. LeBron would be massacred if that was his production

Gudo
12-23-2021, 03:39 PM
PPG based on a significant number of games would be a first standard. If that does not make sense then looking at other factors should be done.

theman93
12-23-2021, 04:09 PM

It's not misleading at all. If you're more impressive at something than someone else (in this context playoff scoring) then you're better.

And why would I need to use "Player A vs Player B"? If your methodology is logical then it shouldn't matter if I hide the names or not.

The point was to see if anyone agrees with this random made up methodology. And so far, nobody does. Meanwhile, multiple people agree PPG is a better standard to judge who a better playoff scorer is.

theman93
12-23-2021, 04:13 PM
So you're going with total points which makes you an idiot, because you also then have to say Hornacek is better playoff scorer than McGrady and Vince Carter since he's scored more total points than either of them.

My favorite one is Derek Fisher (8.3 playoff ppg) being a better playoff scorer than Allen Iverson since he scored more total points than him.

Can't even make this stuff up :lol :lol :lol

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 04:13 PM
So far all known Jordan stans/LeBron haters agree with Jordan stan's/LeBron hater's agenda of thread, surprise surprise. That is, given the benefit that they're not alts.

theman93
12-23-2021, 04:22 PM
So far all known Jordan stans/LeBron haters agree with Jordan stan's/LeBron hater's agenda of thread, surprise surprise. That is, given the benefit that they're not alts.

So far all known LeBron stans/Jordan haters don't even agree with a methodology made up by a LeBron stan/Jordan hater to fit a LeBron stan/Jordan hater agenda.

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 04:26 PM
My favorite one is Derek Fisher (8.3 playoff ppg) being a better playoff scorer than Allen Iverson since he scored more total points than him.

Can't even make this stuff up :lol :lol :lol

You tried your best with your Tracy McGrady-Jeff Hornacek example and failed.
Now in further desperation you're inventing a new standard out of thin air "ppg vs totals", with no consideration for discrepancy. While ironically saying "can't make this stuff up", which you just did. :oldlol:

I would ask who clearly stands out as clearly the worst playoff scorer of the following:

Robert Horry (7.9 career playoff ppg)
Derek Fisher (8.3 career playoff ppg)
Keith Erickson (10.0 career playoff ppg)

But I know that most here have never even heard the name Keith Erickson, and in the end there is no point in asking this because this thread is contaminated with Jordan stans/alts who know what the agenda of a thread that is created by a Jordan stan is.

theman93
12-23-2021, 04:30 PM
You tried your best and failed with your Tracy McGrady-Jeff Hornacek example and failed.
Now in further desperation you're inventing a new standard out of thin air "ppg vs totals", with no consideration for discrepancy.

I would ask who clearly stands out as clearly the worst playoff scorer of the following:

Robert Horry (7.9 career playoff ppg)
Derek Fisher (8.3 career playoff ppg)
Keith Erickson (10.0 career playoff ppg)

But I know that most here have never even heard the name Keith Erickson, and in the end there is no point in asking this because this thread is contaminated with Jordan stans/alts who know what the agenda of a thread that is created by a Jordan stan is.

How did it fail? It met your criteria of % difference in total points being greater than % difference in ppg which means Hornacek is a more impressive playoff scorer than Tracy McGrady. Is this true or false? I'm going by your methodology here.

What makes either of those 2 better? They weren't even good playoff scorers. Lol.

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 04:33 PM
So far all known LeBron stans/Jordan haters don't even agree with a methodology made up by a LeBron stan/Jordan hater to fit a LeBron stan/Jordan hater agenda.

Those are not dedicated "LeBron stans"/"Jordan haters", and they don't agree with your methodology either.

Airupthere
12-23-2021, 04:35 PM
I'll give you an example:

Jeff Hornacek has a playoff ppg average of 14.9, whereas Tracy McGrady has a playoff ppg average of 22.2. The % difference in their playoff ppg average is 39.4%.

Jeff Hornacek has a playoff point total of 2,092, whereas Tracy McGrady has a playoff point total of 1,109. The % difference in their playoff point total is 61.4%.

Because the % difference in playoff point total (61.4%) is greater than the % difference in ppg average (39.4%), Hornacek is the better playoff scorer than McGrady.

Agree or disagree?

And is that a better standard to use than points/game to determine who the better playoff scorer is?

Right. What I mean is, in the case of your example, Hornacek is +61.4% higher than TMac in terms of total points. But, in terms of ppg, Hornacek is -39.4% compared to TMac making this value more of a vector than scalar, giving further insight about the numbers.

John8204
12-23-2021, 04:39 PM
1. Longevity
2. How you perform against your contemporaries
3. How you measure up historically based on position
4. Stat's

The game changes every generation or so, so statistics have a habit of changing as time goes by.

theman93
12-23-2021, 04:39 PM
Those are not dedicated "LeBron stans"/"Jordan haters", and they don't agree with your methodology either.

Oh?

PPG based on a significant number of games would be a first standard. If that does not make sense then looking at other factors should be done.

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 04:51 PM
How did it fail? It met your criteria of % difference in total points being greater than % difference in ppg which means Hornacek is a more impressive playoff scorer than Tracy McGrady. Is this true or false? I'm going by your methodology here.

What makes either of those 2 better? They weren't even good playoff scorers. Lol.

According to your idiotic methodology Wali Jones was a better playoff scorer than Bill Walton.

Here is my evidence that Robert Horry and Derek Fisher are greater playoff scorers than Keith Erickson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdik09RGJI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xkZ3vcZKE

Will be looking forward to your heroic defense of Keith Erickson's legendary playoff scoring and proving me wrong.

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 05:01 PM
Oh?

Clearly biased against LeBron, or at the very least LeBron's era, further suggested by Penny Hardaway avatar:

https://images4.imagebam.com/0f/dd/7f/ME5U3ZK_o.png

Again, given the benefit of the doubt that he is not an alt.

Airupthere
12-23-2021, 05:02 PM
TheGoatest, you won't take anyone's opinion outside of a branstan. That's not being objective. That's a cult.

ELITEpower23
12-23-2021, 05:05 PM

Dumb :oldlol:

Any single measure can get muddied up when looking at every single scenario (like.comparing a top 100 player to a top 500 player) but tell me this. When looking at the top 5 all time lists for Playoff scoring,.which is more accurate?

PPG vs POINT TOTALS

Total? Exactly. Thanks.

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 05:25 PM
TheGoatest, you won't take anyone's opinion outside of a branstan. That's not being objective. That's a cult.

What animal did you sacrifice today to the Gods of hatred in return for a LeBron injury in tonight's game?

theman93
12-23-2021, 05:30 PM
According to your idiotic methodology Wali Jones was a better playoff scorer than Bill Walton.

Here is my evidence that Robert Horry and Derek Fisher are greater playoff scorers than Keith Erickson:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BZdik09RGJI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9xkZ3vcZKE

Will be looking forward to your heroic defense of Keith Erickson's legendary playoff scoring and proving me wrong.

Were you not the one that argued a higher fg% makes you more efficient? Guess who's FG% is greater than Fisher and Horry's? Oh and that's on top of PPG mind you.

Also you dodged the question, will you do it again?:
How did it fail? It met your criteria of % difference in total points being greater than % difference in ppg which means Hornacek is a more impressive playoff scorer than Tracy McGrady. Is this true or false?

Airupthere
12-23-2021, 05:33 PM
What animal did you sacrifice today to the Gods of hatred in return for a LeBron injury in tonight's game?

I'm obviously not a fan of lebron and I can say many things against him based on my opinion, but wishing anyone injury is not something I do or have done. My post history will attest to that.

theman93
12-23-2021, 05:39 PM
I'm obviously not a fan of lebron and I can say many things against him based on my opinion, but wishing anyone injury is not something I do or have done. My post history will attest to that.

You'll notice he gets real sensitive. Try to take it easy on him.

Airupthere
12-23-2021, 05:41 PM

Lol, I don't even know where that came from. I never mentioned anything about Lebron getting injured. I actually like the competition aspect of the sport and that means for every meaningful player to play and not be injured.

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 05:49 PM
Were you not the one that argued a higher fg% makes you more efficient? Guess who's FG% is greater than Fisher and Horry's? Oh and that's on top of PPG mind you.

Also you dodged the question, will you do it again?:
How did it fail? It met your criteria of % difference in total points being greater than % difference in ppg which means Hornacek is a more impressive playoff scorer than Tracy McGrady. Is this true or false?

Guess whose playoff ppg is higher, but not his playoff fg%?

Then it should be all the easier for you to prove to someone that Keith Erickson is a better scorer than Robert Horry or Derek Fisher. You'll first need to guide them to basketball-reference.com and prove that Keith Erickson existed first though.

Is Jeff Hornacek being more impressive playoff scorer than Tracy McGrady true? No.
Is Jeff Hornacek being a more impressive playoff scorer closer to being true than:

Wali Jones being a better playoff scorer than Bill Walton
Keith Erickson being a better playoff scorer than Derek Fisher
Luol Deng literally being twice the playoff scorer Robert Horry was

Yes.

Any more questions?

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 05:51 PM

Lol, I don't even know where that came from. I never mentioned anything about Lebron getting injured. I actually like the competition aspect of the sport and that means for every meaningful player to play and not be injured.

https://data1.ibtimes.co.in/en/full/648526/m-night-shyamalans-split-movie.jpg

Airupthere
12-23-2021, 05:57 PM

Lol, that's not exactly a compliment to theman who is a much better poster than I am. I don't mind saying I'm a casual. I just really like watching and playing the sport. Moreso the latter. I just post my opinion on here. Nothing personal with anyone, including you. So don't take it personally, I just am not a supporter of lebron and I don't like his superteaming ways.

theman93
12-23-2021, 06:01 PM
Guess whose playoff ppg is higher, but not his playoff fg%?

Then it should be all the easier for you to prove to someone that Keith Erickson is a better scorer than Robert Horry or Derek Fisher. You'll first need to guide them to basketball-reference.com and prove that Keith Erickson existed first though.

Is Jeff Hornacek being more impressive playoff scorer than Tracy McGrady true? No.
Is Jeff Hornacek being a more impressive playoff scorer closer to being true than:

Wali Jones being a better playoff scorer than Bill Walton
Keith Erickson being a better playoff scorer than Derek Fisher
Luol Deng literally being twice the playoff scorer Robert Horry was

Yes.

Any more questions?
Thank you. Then my example was never idiotic after all and you are wrong, so your methodology can be thrown in the trash and never used again.

All those examples are way more close to being true (especially Erickson vs Fisher) than Hornacek being a more impressive scorer than Tracy McGrady. LOL not even a debate.

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 06:01 PM
Lol, that's not exactly a compliment to theman who is a much better poster than I am. I don't mind saying I'm a casual. I just really like watching and playing the sport. Moreso the latter. I just post my opinion on here. Nothing personal with anyone, including you. So don't take it personally, I just am not a supporter of lebron and I don't like his superteaming ways.

I already created a thread about his "superteaming ways":

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?500204-Stars-who-quot-jumped-ship-quot-to-a-team-where-2-and-3-guy-played-0-career-playoff-games

It asks a very concrete question. Feel free to post in it and answer the question, with any of your alts.

GrayGoat
12-23-2021, 06:03 PM
Coach. LeBron is BIGGER than MJ. Deal with it

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 06:11 PM
Thank you. Then my example was never idiotic after all and you are wrong, so your methodology can be thrown in the trash and never used again.

All those examples are way more close to being true (especially Erickson vs Fisher) than Hornacek being a more impressive scorer than Tracy McGrady. LOL not even a debate.

Keep underlining Tracy McGrady all you want, thinking his regular season accomplishments will save you from a playoff-related discussion. The same guy who had this reposted about him throughout the 00s, and who did nothing to change its meaning throughout his entire playoff career:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/9e/a9/e99ea9cab728404dd191a7fea1364fd9.png

Meanwhile, LMAO @ Wali Jones being a better playoff scorer than B-I-L-L F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G W-A-L-T-O-N-!-!-!-!-!

Holy crap, I knew this forum had its share of morons, but this one truly takes the cake.

theman93
12-23-2021, 06:22 PM
Keep underlining Tracy McGrady all you want, thinking his regular season accomplishments will save you from a playoff-related discussion. The same guy who had this reposted about him throughout the 00s, and who did nothing to change its meaning throughout his entire playoff career:

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/e9/9e/a9/e99ea9cab728404dd191a7fea1364fd9.png

Meanwhile, LMAO @ Wali Jones being a better playoff scorer than B-I-L-L F-R-E-A-K-I-N-G W-A-L-T-O-N-!-!-!-!-!

Holy crap, I knew this forum had its share of morons, but this one truly takes the cake.

T-Mac had playoff averages of 33.8, 30.8, 31.7, 30.7, 25.3, 27.0 and you want to make fun of him as a playoff scorer? :lol

Hornacek also is a more impressive playoff scorer than Derrick Rose by your bunk methodology.

And btw, Walton wasn't even a good playoff scorer. Wali Jones is much closer to him as a playoff scorer than Hornacek is a playoff scorer to McGrady or Rose lmao. :roll:

Baller789
12-23-2021, 06:40 PM

When backed to a corner theGoatest will just...

A. Accuse everyone as an alt
B. Accuse everyone is a Jordan stan

What a loser. :roll:

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 06:47 PM
T-Mac had playoff averages of 33.8, 30.8, 31.7, 30.7, 25.3, 27.0 and you want to make fun of him as a playoff scorer? :lol

Hornacek also is a more impressive playoff scorer than Derrick Rose by your bunk methodology.

And btw, Walton wasn't even a good playoff scorer. Wali Jones is much closer to him as a playoff scorer than Hornacek is a playoff scorer to McGrady or Rose lmao. :roll:

Jeff Hornacek had a 20 ppg playoff run that lasted more than one round, something that McGrady never did. And you want to make fun of him. His Jazz period in the second half of the 90s deserves to be made fun of though.

Bob Love is also a better playoff scorer than Wilt Chamberlain and Tim Duncan according to your methodology.
Alex English and Russell Westbrook better than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
LaMarcus Aldridge better than Tim Duncan and Kevin McHale
Kemba Walker better than Kevin Garnett and David Robinson
John Wall better than Kawhi Leonard and Paul Pierce
Ben Gordon better than Klay Thompson and Jimmy Butler
Mike Mitchell better than Vince Carter and Chauncey Billups

Much like you hope Tracy McGrady's regular season accomplishments will save you, you hope the fact that Bill Walton was an all-round player and not predominantly a scorer will save you again. Bill Walton's overall game wasn't based around scoring, but he sure as hell was a better scorer than Wali Jones.

Feel free to counteract with a montage of Wali Jones scoring over Kareem Abdul-Jabbar multiple times in a playoff run he ended up winning Finals MVP in to counter this claim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS9hEXZkyJI

SATAN
12-23-2021, 06:48 PM
theman93 is absolutely furious.

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-23-2021, 06:54 PM
Total points for me. It shows how resilient you were for your team through at least 20+ games and playing playoff defense in every one of them.

Kawhi's 732 points in 2019 is a perfect example.

Some guys have it easy because their team was so stacked (2017 warriors or 2001 lakers).

theman93
12-23-2021, 06:56 PM
Jeff Hornacek had a 20 ppg playoff run that lasted more than one round, something that McGrady never did. And you want to make fun of him. His Jazz period in the second half of the 90s deserves to be made fun of though.

Bob Love is also a better playoff scorer than Wilt Chamberlain and Tim Duncan according to your methodology.
Alex English and Russell Westbrook better than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
LaMarcus Aldridge better than Tim Duncan and Kevin McHale
Kemba Walker better than Kevin Garnett and David Robinson
John Wall better than Kawhi Leonard and Paul Pierce
Ben Gordon better than Klay Thompson and Jimmy Butler
Mike Mitchell better than Vince Carter and Chauncey Billups

Much like you hope Tracy McGrady's regular season accomplishments will save you, you hope the fact that Bill Walton was an all-round player and not predominantly a scorer will save you again. Bill Walton's overall game wasn't based around scoring, but he sure as hell was a better scorer than Wali Jones.

Feel free to counteract with a montage of Wali Jones scoring over Kareem Abdul-Jabbar multiple times in a finals series he ended up winning Finals MVP in to counter this claim:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sS9hEXZkyJI

Uhh newsflash bud: Great defenders get scored on like that all the time. This is nothing but a highlight. Cody Zeller also posterized Rudy Gobert in a way more dominating fashion than Walton posterized Kareem in that clip. Literally means nothing.

And yes, all those guys are more comparable scorers than Hornacek is a scorer to McGrady or Rose. Keep trying.

1987_Lakers
12-23-2021, 06:56 PM
Total points for me. It shows how resilient you were for your team through at least 20+ games and playing playoff defense in every one of them.

Kawhi's 732 points in 2019 is a perfect example.

Some guys have it easy because their team was so stacked (2017 warriors or 2001 lakers).

Kawhi has played on stacked teams his whole career, they win without him.

theman93
12-23-2021, 07:03 PM

Hi RRR3

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 07:09 PM
Uhh newsflash bud: Great defenders get scored on like that all the time. This is nothing but a highlight. Cody Zeller also posterized Rudy Gobert in a way more dominating fashion than Walton posterized Kareem in that clip. Literally means nothing.

And yes, all those guys are more comparable scorers than Hornacek is a scorer to McGrady or Rose. Keep trying.

The posterization was only one of the highlights. The montage continued with two 1-on-1 plays where he scores on Kareem as he was being guarded by Kareem.

Russell Westbrook being a better playoff scorer than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Shaquille O'Neal, John Wall being a better playoff scorer than Tim Duncan, *random 1970s benchwarmers you've never heard of* being better playoff scorers than Robert Horry and Derek Fisher are all definitely more ridiculous.

GrayGoat
12-23-2021, 07:11 PM
Coach getting dismantled

theman93
12-23-2021, 07:15 PM
The posterization was only one of the highlights. The montage continued with two 1-on-1 plays where he scores on Kareem as he was being guarded by Kareem.

Russell Westbrook being a better playoff scorer than Kareem Abdul-Jabbar and Shaquille O'Neal, John Wall being a better playoff scorer than Tim Duncan, *random 1970s benchwarmers you've never heard of* being better playoff scorers than Robert Horry and Derek Fisher are all definitely more ridiculous.

All still more comparable than Hornacek to T-mac/Rose

Btw, still not one person agrees with your methodology. Game over.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2F78.media.tumblr.com%2F8012ec9ec7e 7a0074fdf2506c50f9e5c%2Ftumblr_o7ma0zYWkf1ukes1io1 _r1_500.gif&f=1&nofb=1

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 07:22 PM
All still more comparable than Hornacek to T-mac/Rose

Btw, still not one person agrees with your methodology. Game over.

https://external-content.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2F78.media.tumblr.com%2F8012ec9ec7e 7a0074fdf2506c50f9e5c%2Ftumblr_o7ma0zYWkf1ukes1io1 _r1_500.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Man, it really must suck to have spent all that time finding the one, most extreme example you could find, only to have that example clearly topped by multiple examples it takes less than a minute to find by a simple scroll-through of the all time playoff ppg leader list.

Full Court
12-23-2021, 07:32 PM
Just keep in mind that if cumulative points are what matter, then Carmelo Anthony is top ten of all time.

GrayGoat
12-23-2021, 07:33 PM
It’s not that MJ wasn’t big. Pippen was just huge

TheCorporation
12-23-2021, 07:54 PM

:roll::roll:

TheCorporation
12-23-2021, 07:57 PM
PLAYOFF POINTS TOTAL
1. LeBron James 7631
2. Michael Jordan* 5987
3. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar* 5762
4. Kobe Bryant* 5640
5. Shaquille O'Neal* 5250

PLAYOFF PPG
1. Michael Jordan* 33.45
2. Allen Iverson* 29.73
3. Kevin Durant 29.50
4. Jerry West* 29.13
5. Donovan Mitchell 28.85

Which list is more respectable? :lol

The one with Mitchell and Allen Iverson? Or the one with LBJ, MJ, KAJ, Kobe & Shaq

John8204
12-23-2021, 08:02 PM

For me context matters over statistics...Hornacek had great numbers but the reason for those great numbers was this guy.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/jX9S9LiSlsdk7fCpVJiK3t1Dtd8=/0x358:2440x1985/1400x1400/filters:focal(0x358:2440x1985):format(jpeg)/cdn.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/45705238/1500516.0.jpg

Hornacek, Eaton, and Malone all got huge stat bumps playing with Stockton

Airupthere
12-23-2021, 08:02 PM

Good to see you post RRR3 :oldlol:

Bankaii
12-23-2021, 08:28 PM

I thought winning > stats under all circumstances.
Empty stats right?

TheCorporation
12-23-2021, 08:37 PM
Good to see you post RRR3 :oldlol:

As you can all see, Airupthere is absolutely furious as well :lol

Baller789
12-23-2021, 08:52 PM
As you can all see, Airupthere is absolutely furious as well :lol

As you can see this thread has become a cesspool for Lebron alts and stans just as I have predicted.

:oldlol:

TheCorporation
12-23-2021, 08:55 PM
As you can see this thread has become a cesspool for Lebron alts and stans just as I have predicted.

:oldlol:

Julius...Don't make me get King Axe to punk you again :lol

Baller789
12-23-2021, 08:55 PM

It wouldn't actually surprise me theGoatest is either a single woman or has ADHD.

His penachant for being emotional during arguments is a telling sign.

Baller789
12-23-2021, 08:57 PM
Julius...Don't make me get King Axe to punk you again :lol

Axe? Oh he's out traumatized in a fetal position for couple of days until he recovers.

That's what he did the last time he got owned :lol

In fact I'm actually waiting for him to post again.