PDA

View Full Version : Could we see some NBA teams signing recently retired players to 10 day contracts?

Wally450
12-23-2021, 01:32 PM
Seeing what the Celtics did with Joe Johnson, it got me wondering if there's enough of a COVID outbreak on certain teams, and the free agency pool isn't what they're looking for, could teams possibly look into some recently retired players or players from the BIG 3 and toss them a quick 10 day contract?

Here are some of the names I pulled off the BIG 3 website. You think any of them could still give a team a couple minutes?

RASHARD LEWIS
REGGIE EVANS
MARIO CHALMERS
DREW GOODEN
BRANDON RUSH
SHANNON BROWN
LEANDRO BARBOSA
WILL BYNUM
NICK YOUNG
JORDAN HILL
C.J. WATSON
GLEN DAVIS

Just some names to refer to. Not saying any of these guys are coming on board and taking on a significant role. Just possibly another roster spot with possibly a couple minutes of playing time.

pandiani17
12-23-2021, 02:03 PM
Man, some of those names have been retired for a loooong time. I just checked and Drew Gooden and Reggie Evans last played in the league in 2015.

Proctor
12-23-2021, 02:16 PM
This has actually been more fun to watch than the bubble. The guys on that list are beyond done though.

TheGoatest
12-23-2021, 02:24 PM
40 year-old Joe Johnson being picked up after playing 0 minutes in the NBA the previous 3 seasons?
Teams missing half of their rosters on a nightly basis like they vanished into thin air.
Games being postponed left and right.

I wonder what the "asterisk season" status will be for this season.

Wally450
12-25-2021, 09:36 PM
Darren Collison has been retired for 2 years. There's one.