PDA

View Full Version : Is Minnesota Timberwolves the consensus worst active NBA franchise ever?

iamgine
12-24-2021, 03:19 AM
They only had like 9 playoff appearance with 8 first round losses and 1 WCF appearance. 75% of their record are below .500.

Kawhi_Why_Not
12-24-2021, 03:36 AM
Runner up for sure but #1 has to be Sacramento kings. They have never had an MVP in their franchise like Twolves did and in 2004 were actually eliminated by them as well.

Sulico
12-24-2021, 04:39 AM
Nope. It's Pelicans, and Hornets as 1A/1B. Both never been out of 2nd round. Wolves been in the conf. finals.

HylianNightmare
12-24-2021, 05:40 AM
Orlando

Sulico
12-24-2021, 05:56 AM
Orlando

Why?

pandiani17
12-24-2021, 05:59 AM
I started watching basketball in the year 2000, and I remember how the Sacramento Kings and Minnesota Timberwolves had very, very good teams every year. Now, it seems they haven't been in the playoffs since that time, since 2005 or so. Pretty crazy, what have they been doing all this time?

Baller789
12-24-2021, 06:07 AM
Based on their being the biggest market and potential, it has to be the NY Knicks.

2 championships for the biggest franchise financially? That's sad.

Always settling for over the hill or B+ grade superstars.
I mean who are the best Knicks? Frazier, Reed, Ewing? Anthony? McAdoo? Monroe? No offense, but compare them to Boston and LA they are pretty much unknown.

The owner is simply content making money. And the fanbase keeps getting bamboozled by the hypetrain every year.

Jasper
12-24-2021, 12:11 PM
They only had like 9 playoff appearance with 8 first round losses and 1 WCF appearance. 75% of their record are below .500.

I think this is based on ownership.
It is a cold region and most players would prefer not being there.

beasted
12-24-2021, 12:15 PM
It's the Kings for me.

When I read that Luke Walton had the 2nd best winning percentage in franchise history, it opened my eyes that they have been that miserable.

They have the longest active playoff drought, a horrible owner and don't even have a worthy franchise player. I feel confident that the Wolves at least have something going with Towns, Edwards, and Russell. If not all 3, they can trade one of them to get the right pieces to build around the other 2.

FireDavidKahn
12-24-2021, 12:25 PM
I think this is based on ownership.
It is a cold region and most players would prefer not being there.

It's 95% due to Glen Taylor. Now that he has sold them to AROD/Lore (Glen wont be totally out of the picture for another couple years) things should improve in the years to come.

HoopsNY
12-24-2021, 01:30 PM
Orlando

Orlando made the finals in 1995 and 2009. They've had some pretty decent runs to the ECF, too, not to mention they haven't been around that long since they were an expansion team in 1989-90.

In addition, they've had some pretty big names in their history - Shaq, Penny, T-Mac, and Howard.

The first step in determining who the worst franchise is would be to determine a criteria. Championships is one them, but that would also be relative to the amount of years that team has been in existence. W/L record, deep playoff runs, and also iconic players and teams should be in the mix as well.